Silent Thaw Spoiler Page

Hold on to you hats….

The Silent Thaw will most likely be published Nov 2019; no official date has been set at time of posting, but I know you’ll be eager to discuss it, especially once you’ve read Lost Stars

(btw, I think you’re going to love this arc.)

Feb 12th, 2019: Page updated with cover! This is now a spoiler page!

Feb 15th, 2019: Sorry, BlogClan! We’ve received word from the head honchos of the Erins, and we have to take down the cover as they are not yet finished or ready for the public. This will remain a spoiler page, but a placeholder image will be displayed until further notice!

May 6th, 2019: The cover is now back up, seeing that Harper Collins and Barnes & Nobles both have them up 🙂 Enjoy!

Note: We know you’re excited to continue reading about the lives of these characters, and love the world that the Erins have set up, but Kate is very busy and may not be able to get back to you regarding specific questions you may have – and she certainly can’t answer questions that spoil the next books! If a moderator or Kate tells you that they can’t answer your question, then we ask you to respect that answer. Thank you for your understanding! 🙂

Official cover art

1,762 Replies to “Silent Thaw Spoiler Page”

1. Monkeyfur
    October 19, 2019 at 9:41 am

I hope Bristlefrost can get along with Spotfur soon…

2. Sandwitch 🧹🥪 (Sandpaw/Sandy)
    October 20, 2019 at 5:13 am

This is basically what I kinda think IF Ashfur was possessing Bramblestar.

If not I think it’s Sol.

Vouch for Sandy!

3. Mapledrift
    October 20, 2019 at 6:15 am

I’m actually really hoping that Bristlefrost becomes an antagonist in this book. Not villain, but antagonist. She seems completely under the spell of Bramblestar, no matter what anyone else says, and I’d over to see her actually play a threat to the code breakers, and actively go against Rootpaw and Shadowpaw’s motives. She isn’t the most obvious one for this role, and I’d love to have the point of view of an antagonist in this arc

• October 20, 2019 at 2:55 pm

I haven’t read the preview because I’m lazy but

I actually really like this idea 😛 It’ll make her interesting and different and make Ivypool torn because her daughter hates codebreakers but her sister is a codebreaker like hey drama.

Tie Harder, Double Knot

• KittyTheCat
      October 20, 2019 at 7:46 pm

YERSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

TST IS COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• October 20, 2019 at 9:38 pm

Honestly if my morally grey Bristlefrost theory that I made a couple of months ago comes true and she’s an anti-hero like Clear Sky but her actions and motives kept in character I would love that

And I mean, if they make her into a full blown out “Darkstripe” then I would love to see her doing more drastic things to punish the codebreakers. And what if Rootpaw confessed his feelings for her with her having this mindset? She could rat him out to “Bramblestar” and make him even more suspicious as Rootpaw is Tree’s son (one of the codebreakers), ultimately causing some horrible punishment on him and his family because of it. Maybe Bristlefrost seeks out Shadowpaw on “Bramblestar”‘s behalf to figure out the other codebreakers so she can help his cause even more. Honestly, this gives her reason to be a POV as she would be an antagonist but would see herself as the protagonist in the story, just like with Clear Sky. Except their motives would be different in this case; Clear Sky wanted to make sure no one close to him would get hurt, while Bristlefrost would want to make sure that all the cats are loyal to the Warrior Code, and that no one breaks it. But then her actions would bite her in the back if fake Bramble was to turn on her- and then she would go through genuine character development, and have to rebuild trust in her Clanmates and the other Clans afterwards.

Depending on how it could play out, she might not even be allowed in ThunderClan if she managed to pull of several deeds under Bramblestar’s will- just maybe, several ThunderClan cats had died because of her and Bramblestar. She could be an outcast to the Clans, learning the error of her ways…or maybe a Clan just barely willing to let her in might (I personally would like to see RiverClan do this because 1. make them relevant again and 2. by this time the Clans except maybe ShadowClan and WindClan should have new leaders, and depending on who ThunderClan’s new leader is, Bristlefrost might end up in a different Clan or outside of them if this were to happen).

TL;DR, Bristlefrost being an antagonist and an anti-hero like Clear Sky would make for a compelling POV to read and make ThunderClan not boring, as well as give Bristle a genuine reason to become a POV other than “ThunderClan is the main Clan”.

relish = pickle smoothie

• Sandwitch 🧹🥪 (Sandpaw/Sandy)
      October 20, 2019 at 10:08 pm

That sounds interesting 😛

Vouch for Sandy!

4. Sunshine
    October 20, 2019 at 12:40 pm

Hello, Kate
    Can you please tell me about relationships between Leopardfoot and Tigerstar (Tigerclaw)? Were they close? How Leopardfoot died? Was Tigerstar sad?

5. Monkeyfur
    October 21, 2019 at 3:39 am

Hi Kate, I have a question.
    If a kittypet joins the clans like Firestar, Millie, and Stormcloud, do they count as codebreakers?

Here comes the dangerous Moky

• A Kate for All Seasons
      October 21, 2019 at 12:36 pm

Who is and isn’t a codebreaker is very fluid…

BlogTeam Administrator, Leader

6. October 21, 2019 at 3:56 pm

8 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my cate so spoopy

7. Twigbranch rules
    October 22, 2019 at 1:02 am

I CAN’T WAIT FOR THE BOOK OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!