Get ready, folks, for a big update on the Trailing Stars Graphic Novel!
Hey hey! It’s Rosefur, and with Kate’s permission, I’ve picked up the TSGN project! TSGN stands for “Trailing Stars Graphic Novel”, and it is a graphic novel of the story established in the BlogClan community fanfiction, Trailing Stars! If you haven’t already, check out the story here.
The plan for TSGN is to pick up where Sleetwing left off. So far, there are four parts of the TSGN available, leading us into the middle of Chapter 1. As you may have noticed, after four parts we still have made little progress through Chapter 1. Due to the content-rich story of Trailing Stars, it will require a lot of hard work to produce a graphic novel covering the entire lengthy story.
That’s where you guys come in! 😀 I’ve split the story of Trailing Stars into multiple “parts”! There may need to be more than one part to cover the content of an entire chapter. BlogClanners like you can sign-up to take one of the parts!
Now, you may be thinking- what if art isn’t your strength? What if you’re great at drawing cats but bad at drawing backgrounds? What if, you’re not sure how to organize it into a comic format? Well, don’t worry! You can sign-up for either a solo part or a group part. If you sign-up for a group part, you will be matched with a few other BlogClanners and you will work as a team together to get your part done!
In a group of 2-4 (exact size depends on the interest this project receives), one of you will be the primary artist drawing the actual characters and artwork. The primary artist is the one with the art prowess, who will be the main one drawing the graphics. Another person will be organizing the set-up of the piece and deciding how to represent the written portion of Trailing Stars you are assigned with images. Finally, the last person will be responsible for touch-ups, possibly things like backgrounds, shading, feedback on the piece, and things like that. They bring the sparkling flair to the piece! These are flexible roles of course! I understand not every team will want to work like this, and I am completely open to changes! When you are assigned a team, if your whole team agrees, simply comment below your alternate plan and I will approve it. Groups adhere to the same rules & requirements as the soloists do (shown below).
Solo BlogClanners take on the entire responsibility of getting their part done. They will be solely responsible for their part! It is a lot of work, so be sure to check that you have the time to contribute to this project!
Finally, some rules!
- We know some battle scenes may get a little violent, but please try to keep gore away from the graphic novel! A few cuts are fine and all, but just don’t get too graphic (the violent kind) with it! 😛
- If you’re working with a team, please be communicative and friendly! If you feel you need to drop out, please please please let me know so I can fill in for you!
- Stick to the story! Don’t change the plotline. If in the story Cakestar is eating fresh-kill, Cakestar should be eating fresh-kill, not fighting a fox! As a note, when I assign parts, I will have pre-omitted portions that do not contribute to the main storyline / keep the story moving.
- Have your parts done in a month maximum! Whether doing a team or solo part, please do your very best to ensure that it gets done in the time-frame of a month.
- Individuals may claim one part maximum, unless otherwise noted.
- Have fun! 😀 This is meant to be an enjoyable experience for everyone, and a chance to showcase your awesome talent as BlogClanners!
Here is the form to sign-up for a part! Everyone is pretty much guaranteed a part, since there’s so much content to get through. Also, even though this round of sign-ups is over, a new list will be made later when all twelve of the current TSGN parts are completed! It may take several months for this project to be completed. Since I don’t want to have people lined up who may not still be interested in several months, I will re-open them again when we get to that point. 🙂 Feel free to drop your name in anyways though- you never know, a back-up could be needed!)
More information will be released bit by bit as we go along! Thank you all for your support with this project, and I hope you’re as excited as I am for the TSGN to get rolling again!
If you have any questions, drop a comment!
Suggested Art Programs:
Procreate on iPad, FireAlpaca, (feel free to leave suggestions in the comments I’ll add to the list)
Organizer Part: Click Here!
Solo/Primary Artist Part: Click Here!
Secondary Artist Part: TBA
Group & Part Announcements: