In Defense of Blossomfall by Ravenmist

Art by Nifty-senpai

Ravenmist defends Blossomfall. How do you feel about this ThunderClan warrior?

Hello, this is me, Ravenmist, and today I’ll be defending a character that is not very popular, Blossomfall! Lots of Warriors fans say that she’s bratty, mean to Dovewing, mean to Ivypool, unjustified, and unsympathetic to Briarlight. A lot of BlogClanners hate her for training with Brokenstar in the DF, and for being jealous of the attention her injured sister Briarlight gets from their mother Millie. True, Bumblestripe didn’t react the same way, but at the time he had Dovewing. Blossomfall already felt excluded by Millie, we don’t see much of Graystripe interacting with her, and Bumblestripe was too caught up in his crush on Dovewing.

Here are some quotes that antagonize Blossomfall.

1. ” “No way!” Blossompaw’s horrified mew took Ivypaw by surprise. “She’s not properly trained! Can’t I have Dovepaw? At least she can hunt.” ” (Fading Echoes, page 125)

2. ” “I hate myself for feeling jealous of Briarlight,” Blossomfall confessed, not looking at Ivypool. “I can’t bear seeing her suffer and I know Briarlight would give anything to be better and whole again. It’s all so unfair!” Scoring her claws across the rock again, she added, “But I can’t help what I feel, and that proves I’m not a good cat.” “(Sign of the Moon, page 246)

” “No. A good cat wouldn’t be jealous of an injured littermate.” “(Sign of the Moon, page 246)

3. “Blossomfall’s ears shot straight up in surprise. “Excuse me, but who’s your littermate?” she muttered. “You could show a little loyalty, you know.” ” (The Forgotten Warrior, page 198)

Here I’ll defend her.
1. Blossompaw(fall) wants to do well at her apprentice assessment. This is even before Briarpaw(light) got crushed by the tree, so this suggests that Blossomfall’s nature is that she likes praise and feeling she’s good at something. This isn’t brattiness or begging for attention, it’s natural that people (or cats, in this case), want praise for their work, especially from those close to them, like their parents or siblings.

2. I know a lot of you hate Blossomfall for being jealous of Briarlight when Blossomfall’s actually the fortunate one. But at least she admits she’s wrong about that. Do you know that feeling when you’re jealous of someone whose problems seem worse than yours, and you’re jealous because now your problems seem unimportant and you feel you can’t talk about them? This feeling gets worse when everyone focuses their attention on the person with worse problems. (Briarlight). Then you feel like a horrible person for being jealous because you’re actually quite lucky. I understand Millie was concerned about Briarlight, but she could’ve spent some time with her other kits too. And at least Blossomfall admits she’s wrong in this jealousy.

3. Blossomfall is jealous. Millie has shown that she cares the most about Briarlight, so Blossomfall tries to turn to her brother Bumblestripe for love, but he’s too caught up with Dovewing to notice that his sister wants to spend time with him.

And Blossomfall doesn’t hate Briarlight. Here:

“Blossomfall bristled. “Briarlight has to have the softest nest,” she insisted. “She can’t feel thorns sticking into her, remember? If she gets a wound, it could get infected before she noticed.” ” (Tales from the Clans, Dovewing’s Silence, page 264)

In conclusion, Blossomfall is one of the most realistic and relatable characters in the Warriors series. I hope this article made you feel more kindly towards her, and I look forward to reading your opinions in the comments!

Fan Articles

Notify of
Spring
Spring
January 21, 2019 1:11 am

Oof, I still don’t like her but I get where you’re coming from. Here’s basically how I feel about her:

Honestly I found her incredibly whiny and annoying. I get that she was jealous of Briarlight, but she acts immature about it and just…I don’t like her at all and found her behavior/actions selfish and grating to read through.

I just don’t like her that much, like with Brambleclaw/star (The only books I ever liked him in were during TPB), Foxheart, and Leopardstar.

Daffiolet is otp

Prowlclaw
Prowlclaw
January 22, 2019 1:14 am
Reply to  Spring

I think it was supposed to show character development. When Squirrelpaw was an apprentice, she was very annoying and stubborn, not even admitting that she was wrong with anything. Blossomfall goes from a transitional period where she slowly looses that normal life she has always wanted. She is an apprentice when her sister looses her back legs and feels shock about it. However, when her sister becomes a warrior, her mother was still treating Brairlight like a child; which in turn meant that she was getting more attention.

Blossomfall feels this inequality and assumes that a mother can still take care of their children after they are warriors, so she tries to win her mother’s love/attention by doing devious things or insisting to see Millie when Blossomfall is sick. This goes on until Blossomfall starts to realize her sisters distress over their mother’s attention and how she wishes she was like Blossomfall. This makes Blossomfall regret everything she did to try and achieve her mother’s love. Blossomfall starts taking a hard look at herself and in turn makes her more mature. She goes to the dark forest because she assumes she is a villain. After the darkforest, she tries becoming an honest warrior and lives the normal life she wanted. Blossomfall is no longer annoying, isn’t she?

Spring
Spring
January 22, 2019 9:24 am
Reply to  Prowlclaw

I know, she’s better as of AVoS but I just can’t bring myself to like her tbh.

Daffiolet is otp

Eihwaz has finally returned
Eihwaz has finally returned
January 21, 2019 1:16 am

I agree to the fullest.

Howdy!

Foxtail (Foxie)
Foxtail (Foxie)
January 21, 2019 2:08 am

Agree!! 😀 I made a Blossomfall Defense article too (like a long time ago; it was my second article I submitted on the blog)! I really think she’s misunderstood 🙂 Nice job!

LØVƎSIƆK BLIИK (runnin’ 4 SW)

Aster is Meowing for Chinese New Year!!! (Asterstorm/ Meowing Aster/ Astie)
Aster is Meowing for Chinese New Year!!! (Asterstorm/ Meowing Aster/ Astie)
January 21, 2019 2:20 pm

Great article 😆! I totally agree with you 😺. Blossomfall is just misunderstood and sensitive, but not a bad cat 😉. She just want to accept her feelings, but at the same time want to get rid of them, which’s quite sad. In fact, I sometimes feel what her feels, like how she want to be praised. But she’s reflecting her inner thoughts more “obviously”, so she may appear to be annoying and immature.

!!Running for senior warrior!!

Moondapple
Moondapple
January 21, 2019 7:24 pm

Good article! I still don’t rlly like her, cuz her personality is just.., “eh”

dingus bloodclan cat

🌺An Inactive Dawnpaw🌺
🌺An Inactive Dawnpaw🌺
January 21, 2019 8:30 pm

I agree! Great reasons 🙂

I'm baaack!

🌈owlfeather-owly🌈
🌈owlfeather-owly🌈
January 21, 2019 8:59 pm

Nice article! 😀 I agree with you.

thats not very plus ultra of u

♡ Moon (Moonbreeze) ♡
♡ Moon (Moonbreeze) ♡
January 21, 2019 9:15 pm

I agree with you! I like Blossomfall 🙂

take aim. draw back. ignite.

Sky
Sky
January 22, 2019 12:12 am

I definitely agree. I myself made a Blossomfall Defense article a while back. 🙂

Crystalpaw/shine | Crystie 💕
Crystalpaw/shine | Crystie 💕
January 22, 2019 11:41 am

I agree that! I defend Blossomfall too 😀

<333

The big reader
The big reader
January 29, 2019 2:05 pm

I don’t know. Everyone wants others praise, true, but she does take it to the extreme. I feel conflicted on this character.

𝕃𝕚𝕝𝕪𝕝𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 (𝕃𝕚𝕝𝕪) 𝕃𝕚𝕝𝕪 𝕋𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝔽𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕤 𝔸𝕝𝕠𝕟𝕘 𝕎𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝔹𝕣𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝔸𝕦𝕥𝕦𝕞𝕟 𝕃𝕖𝕒𝕧𝕖𝕤
𝕃𝕚𝕝𝕪𝕝𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 (𝕃𝕚𝕝𝕪) 𝕃𝕚𝕝𝕪 𝕋𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝔽𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕤 𝔸𝕝𝕠𝕟𝕘 𝕎𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝔹𝕣𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝔸𝕦𝕥𝕦𝕞𝕟 𝕃𝕖𝕒𝕧𝕖𝕤
January 29, 2019 3:34 pm

Yes! I defend her also!

ɪ ᴀᴍ ɴᴏᴡ ʟɪʟʏ, ɴᴏᴛ ꜱᴘᴏᴛꜱʏ!

Turtlepaw/ dapple 🐢🐢🐢
Turtlepaw/ dapple 🐢🐢🐢
March 29, 2020 9:02 pm

Yay I’m so glad someone defended Blossomfall! I love her she’s so relatable.

• Where-am-I by Shiningpaw(pool)
  • Snowbranch