Analyzing Firestar’s Family Tree by Sunpaw

Art by Romashik Arts

Sunpaw takes a look at Firestar’s family tree. Spoilers for AVOS!

NOTE: Some of this information comes from the family tree on the new Warriors website. I’m not actually sure if it’s canon or not.

Hello there, anyone who is reading this. I’m Sunpaw, and today I am analyzing Firestar’s family tree, if you haven’t figured it out by the title. This is my first article, and I hope you like it.

First, we need to trace Firestar’s family tree to his oldest known descendant, which is Crystal, Firestar’s grandmother. She mates with a tom named Mocha, and they have three kits, Jake, Ferris, and Whiskers.

Jake mates with two cats, Nutmeg and Quince. He and Nutmeg have five kits, Firestar, Princess, Tommy, Filou, and Luna. Jake and Quince have three kits, Scourge, Socks, and Ruby.

Only two of Jake’s eight kits continue his legacy(or at least what we know, Firestar’s other siblings and half-siblings might have had kits), Firestar and Princess.

Firestar, who kickstarts the first series, mates with Sandstorm, and have two kits, Squirrelflight and Leafpool, who kickstart the second series. Princess mates with a tom named Oliver, and have five kits, Cloudtail, Zack, Nami, Taylor, and Livy.

Leafpool mates with Crowfeather, and have three kits, Jayfeather, Hollyleaf, and Lionblaze, who kickstart the third series. Cloudtail mates with Brightheart and have one kit, Whitewing, who unfortunately doesn’t kickstart a series.

However, Whitewing mates with Birchfall, and have Dovewing and Ivypool, who kickstart the fourth series. Brightheart and Cloudtail have another litter, consisting of Ambermoon, Snowbush, and Dewnose.

Lionblaze mates with Cinderheart and have three kits, Fernsong, Hollytuft, and Sorrelstripe.

Squirrelflight mates with Bramblestar and have four kits, Alderheart and Sparkpelt, who kickstart the sixth series, and Juniperkit and Dandelionkit. Snowbush mates with Lilyheart, and have three kits, Leafshade, Larksong, and Honeyfur.

Lionblaze and Cinderheart have another litter, consisting of Spotpaw, Flypaw, and Snappaw. Dovewing mates with Tigerheart and they have Shadowkit, Lightkit, and Pouncekit.

Ivypool mates with Fernsong, and they have three kits, Flipkit, Bristlekit, and Thriftkit.

That’s it for now, and one day, this will become outdated. Hope that this wasn’t confusing, and that you liked this. See you when I publish another article.

Fan Articles

Notify of
A very artsy Cloudy 🎨
A very artsy Cloudy 🎨
February 25, 2019 7:51 am

Woah so many cats are related to Firestar

Gotta break the taboo

Beepaw(boop-paw*boop*)(Jaydapple)
Beepaw(boop-paw*boop*)(Jaydapple)
February 27, 2019 1:56 am

Yep. Me and my friend, who I will calllllll Rosepaw, actually have a thing where we go through and find all the cats who are related to Firestar. It’s really freaking weird. No, Rosepaw is not any Rosepaw on BlogClan.

Aster is Meowing in a Bowl of Mozzarella (Asterstorm/ Meowing Aster)
Aster is Meowing in a Bowl of Mozzarella (Asterstorm/ Meowing Aster)
February 25, 2019 10:00 am

Wow Firestar’s family tree is big 😛!

ᴬˢᵗᵉʳᵉˡˡᵃ ᶜʰᵉᵉˢᵉ

Fire that Stalks All Things (Firestalker)
Fire that Stalks All Things (Firestalker)
February 25, 2019 7:57 pm

Very good

Sunpaw
Sunpaw
February 25, 2019 11:44 pm

So, just for fun, I’m going to count how many known cats are related to Firestar.

There’s *deep breath* Crystal, Mocha, Jake, Ferris, Whiskers, Nutmeg, Princess, Tommy, Filou, Luna, Scourge, Socks, Ruby, Cloudtail, Zack, Taylor, Nami, Livy, Squirrelflight, Leafpool, Whitewing, Jayfeather, Hollyleaf, Lionblaze, Dovewing, Ivypool, Ambermoon, Snowbush, Dewnose, Fernsong, Hollytuft, Sorrelstripe, Alderheart, Sparkpelt, Leafshade, Honeyfur, Larksong, Spotpaw, Flypaw, Snappaw, Lightkit, Pouncekit, Shadowkit, Flipkit, Bristlekit, and Thriftkit.

That’s 46 cats.

Wow.

Forestkit
Forestkit
February 27, 2019 9:34 am
Reply to  Sunpaw

Actually, there is more. According to my Firestar’s family tree, there are *checks the tree* 267 close and distant relatives of Firestar. No, not including SkyClan, there are 267. That is absolutely amazing. Actually, did you know that Firestar is related to Half Moon (not at all via Jayfeather)?

Forestkit
Forestkit
February 27, 2019 11:06 am
Reply to  Forestkit

Actually, I’m going to be 10 years old on August 27, 2019! *sings myself a six-month-early birthday song*

Sunpaw
Sunpaw
February 27, 2019 3:18 pm
Reply to  Forestkit

Those extra 221 cats are not related to Firestar because they are Sandstorm’s relatives, and cats don’t have in-laws. So it’s still 46 cats.

And no, Firestar is not related to Half Moon or SkyClan.

Forestkit
Forestkit
February 28, 2019 8:45 am
Reply to  Sunpaw

Really? Cats don’t have in-laws? So Crowfeather’s relatives are not Firestar’s?

Willowbrook (aka puppup09/9) (aka bramblefur)
Willowbrook (aka puppup09/9) (aka bramblefur)
March 2, 2019 5:36 pm
Reply to  Forestkit

Cats can’t have in-laws. They don’t marry.

YEHESSS! I GOT 2 FREE TACO’S!

Forestkit
Forestkit
February 28, 2019 9:39 am
Reply to  Sunpaw

Actually, I didn’t count the in-laws. If they were counted, out of 1261 characters in Warriors, 631-just over half of them-would be Firestar’s kin!

Viperpaw
Viperpaw
February 26, 2019 1:31 am

Good but pretty confusing. Firestar’s family tree is BIG!!

I feel bad for Mapleshade.

Sunpaw
Sunpaw
February 26, 2019 2:18 am
Reply to  Viperpaw

Wait until you see the extended Bluestar-Swiftbreeze family tree.

Beepaw(boop-paw*boop*)(Jaydapple)
Beepaw(boop-paw*boop*)(Jaydapple)
February 27, 2019 1:57 am
Reply to  Sunpaw

What. I NEED THIS. BYE SUNPAW NICE ARTICLE BYE*runs to find it*

Willowbrook (aka puppup09/9) (aka bramblefur)
Willowbrook (aka puppup09/9) (aka bramblefur)
March 2, 2019 5:38 pm

This is great!
How hard was it to go through and find all the cats related to him?

YEHESSS! I GOT 2 FREE TACO’S!

Sunpaw
Sunpaw
March 3, 2019 8:27 pm

Not that hard, acutally. I had most of it in my head already and I did look a couple times on the wiki to confirm stuff.

Sunpaw
Sunpaw
March 30, 2019 11:54 pm

Yep, this is outdated.

Officially.

Yaka
Yaka
July 29, 2019 5:59 pm

So glad to see that Firestar’s kin is triving in the Clans. I wonder if his kin will spread through all 5 Clans. Either way, I hope some of them hold onto pieces of his personality and spirit!

The Raven does not celebrate Halloween so if you were expecting a new Halloweeny nickname then prepare to be disappointed (Raven || Ravenpaw/thorn)
December 2, 2019 1:08 am

[SPOILERS]
And Shadowsight kickstarts another series.

never ask 'who are you?'

Redblaze
Redblaze
February 14, 2020 7:11 pm

Ew Ivypool and Fernsong are related
oof that’s really wrong

• Where-am-I by Shiningpaw(pool)
  • Snowbranch