Mapleshade or appledusk? Who deserves dark forest? by Lunaheart

Art by senely

Lunaheart analyzes Mapleshade and Appledusk.

This isn’t another article defending one of these two historic cats. I’m going to be reviewing who should have gone to the dark forest, Mapleshade or Appledusk. Let’s take a look at appledusk. He was a good warrior, chose his clan in the end, and some fans say that taking reedshines death blow is brave and honorable. However, he also had kits with another clan, and betrayed his mate. So because I’m trying to be fair, appledusk might win starclan. Mapleshade will be harder to summarize because she had more POVs and discussions tend to take her side. She was a good warrior, and she probably would have become thunderclan leader if they hadn’t found out. But she killed three cats, and presumed to have killed off much of Crookedstars family and more in the dark forest. But taking Mapleshades side, it was confirmed that it wasn’t Mapleshades fault Crookedstars family died, she knew it would happen anyway and claimed it was a curse. And Mapleshade was having nightmares of her kits unable to reach starclan without killing appledusk, ravenwing, And frecklewish. This leaves the debate on if the kit visions were only the product of her imagination, or were they really true? Appledusk also desperately needs a POV, as we see only what other people think of him, and not his actual thoughts. It would be nice to get a novella containing oakstar, frecklewish, ravenwing, And appledusk POV. But there will always be team Mapleshade and team appledusk, so if appledusk is sent to the dark forest, appledusk fans will complain, and because Mapleshade was sent to the dark forest, Mapleshade fans complain. This is my same argument with why was brightflower sent to the dark forest, because I believe that Brokenstar corrupted her, and it wouldn’t make sense to pit her with him. Anyway, I think there are so many Mapleshade fans because people pity her, and her opinions are expressed a lot more then appledusk ones are. So I actually pity the Erins, because they have to choose one or the other, because it wouldn’t make sense for them to both be in the dark forest or in starclan. And whichever one they pick, warrior fans will complain.

44 Replies to “Mapleshade or appledusk? Who deserves dark forest? by Lunaheart”

1. Frosted Star At Dawn
    January 27, 2020 at 9:53 pm

Mapleshade is a beautiful villain who was artfully corrupted, and one would think that instead of cheating on her, Applebutt could have shown her some empathy and love when she lost her kits. His heart may have supposedly been in the right place, yes but what’s the use of having a good heart when it gets you in bad positions or dead? Anyway, I personally think that Mapleshade doesn’t deserve the Dark Forest, because she wasn’t really a murderer-she’d just been driven dillusional by grief and anger and if she’d been in her right mind she wouldn’t have killed. And whose to blame for driving her to madness and dilusion? Your friendly neighborhood Applejerk. That, in a way that makes him the true murderer.
    On the other hand, maybe we should forgive Applejerk. I truly believe that he loved Mapleshade, but when he realized Reedshine a gorgeous she-cat from his own Clan loved him…how would you react in his situation? Be honset. Plus it’s clear that Appledorkface, was scared that someone would find out about his affair with Mapleshade so he did something utterly human-he gave in to fear. And fear controls you and makes you do things you’d rather not do.
    In the end though, I think they both should have known better then to love each other. But hey-love is blind.
    What I’m trying to say is that neither cat deserves the Dark Forest. Haha.

Sᴏɴɢ Oғ Tʜᴇ Rɪsɪɴɢ Sᴛᴀʀ

• Night-tail
      March 4, 2020 at 7:25 pm

Yeah…maybe Mapleshade deserved the Dark forest for a bit, but I think now it’s time for her to fade away…and I hope both Appledusk and Mapleshade make up where ever they go next.

Night-tail

• Ravenstride
      March 31, 2020 at 10:46 am

Obviously Appledusk! He is the one who caused the death of 3 innocent kits, then immediately moved on from Mapleshade. Plus, Frecklewish and Ravenwing wouldn’t have been killed if Appledusk had just offered her help! It is stated that the ghosts of Patchkit, Petalkit and Larchkit are haunting Mapleshade- which wouldn’t happen if it weren’t for Appledusk! Besides, he never once shows sympathy for Mapleshade or her dead children. Messed up, so messed up. So yeah, Appledusk and Mapleshade should trade places.

• Night-tail
        April 11, 2020 at 11:03 pm

HE caused the deaths?!? NOnononno. He didn’t do nothing to cause that. He tried to save them! Hey, what do you expect? Mapleshade broke her promise to protect the kits! Wouldn’t have been killed? Blame the starclan cat that kept giving Mapleshade visions of her kits for Frecklewish and Ravenwing’s deaths! Appledusk isn’t even in starclan at that point! WHAT SYMPATHY DOES HE GET EITHER? Okay, NO MORE ARGUING ABOUT MAPLESHADE! (just for the record, I love Mapleshade. But that doesn’t make me want to tear Appledusk apart like you are! Those are HIS kits too! Ugh.)

Night-tail

• Fenneldawn
      May 3, 2020 at 5:28 am

I completely agree, I love the various names you called Appledusk, he’s a total jerk. Mapleshade is my all-time favorite warrior cat tho, such great villain!

• Echo mist
        May 6, 2020 at 1:40 am

Fenneldawn, do you like her because she’s interesting or because she is a good character who didn’t deserve anything? If so, HOW MANY TIMES DOI HAVE TO SAY THIS, SHE DESERVED TO GO!!!!!!!!! SHE KILLED AND WAS EVIL SHE WAS A PAIN IN THE TAIL SHE WAS STUPID SHE WAS….UHHH NO!!!! Sorry I hate Mapleshade.

• Mooncloud
      May 6, 2020 at 1:35 am

Mapleshade deserved to go to the Dark Forest. Totally. She was evil and cruel. Yes, Appledusk should have not cheated on her or at least show kindness towards HIS kits dying, but overall she killed cats and her becoming evil was HER decision. She killed and was horrible to everyone. She deserved to go. She definitely deserved to go. Not trying to start a fight but I think Mapleshade deserves to rot in h- oh wait she’s already there!
      Sorry Mapleshade fans I had to say that.

2. Brillig
    May 31, 2020 at 10:48 pm

Could Mapleshade possibly have had anything to do with the all the deaths of Appledusk’s descendants, who always seem to be dying young in the series? For example, could she have given Tigerstar the idea to order Stonefur to kill Feathertail and Stormfur? Whether or not he agreed, either way at least one of Appledusk’s descendants die, which she would like. And whatever happened to Mistyfoot’s kits, anyway?
    Sorry if this isn’t quite the right topic for this page, I just wasn’t sure where else to put it.

• May 31, 2020 at 10:50 pm

If I recall correctly, she did actively try to ruin the lives of Appledusk’s descendants, which includes Crookedstar and, well, Crookedstar’s Promise is a thing 😛

Moderator, BlogClan's Deputy

• May 31, 2020 at 11:01 pm

I know Crookedstar is my favorite character, but I respect Mapleshade. Crookedstar probably wouldn’t be who he is today if it weren’t for Mapleshade, there were so many cats that shaped his life, mostly him, but others too. Rainflower shaped his life, too. I hate to say it, but she did play a part in him following his destiny. He wouldn’t strive to perfection if it weren’t for Rainflower. I don’t like her, but I decide to give her a bit of credit.

John Hancock

• Brillig
      May 31, 2020 at 10:53 pm

I wonder if she had anything to do with Feathertail’s death, somehow……And what about Pine, Lark, Breeze, and Feather? What will Mapleshade do to them?