A Month’s Round-up in Cats: Kitty Purrsonalities!

To start this round-up, I’d like to call attention to some new research in the wonderful (and under-represented) field of cat personality!  According to a new study, researchers have determined 5 Feline Personality types that can be recognized in your own pet! These types encompass: Neuroticism, Extraversion, Dominant, Impulsiveness, and Agreeableness.

Thinking about the mysteries of the galaxy…

High-scoring neurotic cats are anxious and often fearful of people.  They relish the opportunity to hide instead of facing things that are new and scary to them, and you could probably find them hiding in a box when company is over (sound familiar…Ravenpaw?)

Smiley!

Extraverted cats like to just be in your business all the time.  They need constant mental stimulation, and are probably going to be underfoot with whatever you’re doing.

Angry…!

Dominant cats are basically the type that want everything in their house to be…theirs.  Any food, toys, or even litter available belongs to them now, did belong to them then, and will always belong to them in the future!

Why does this kitten look like it holds the keys of the universe..?

Impulsive cats, which I find WILDLY relatable, just kind of carry out decisions on the fly in an erratic way.  When encountering any situation, they usually like to just…run away. Run, run away, and never return…

Happy kitty!

And onto my personal favorite cat, which is the agreeable cat.  They’re little social butterflies that approach guests with a raised tail and a purr.  What personality type is your cat?

Tell us in the comments!

Onto the video of the month, Pumkin the Munchkin cat.  Munchkin cats are a breed of cats that are bred to have dwarfism, so they’re about half the height of a regular one.  This cat, Pumkin, would like every treat that you have ever owned:

Does your cat (or dog) do something similar when s/he wants something?

Before we go, I would like to introduce you all to our junior Monthly Round-up Assistant…the long-awaited, much-hyped Sully!

8 weeks old and ready to rock ‘n roll!

Have a lovely day, and see you next month!

40 Replies to “A Month’s Round-up in Cats: Kitty Purrsonalities!”

1. Honeypaw/cloud
    May 1, 2019 at 2:51 am

This is interesting…AND WAY TOO CUTE!!!

• Kat
      May 1, 2019 at 2:23 pm

😀

Be excellent to each other.

2. May 1, 2019 at 4:23 am

ooh nice!

so it’s like the big 5 personality test, but with cats? :p

look at you, strawberry blonde

• Winterwhisper
      May 1, 2019 at 5:50 am

Yeah that’s what I thought, just a few are slightly different

• Kat
      May 1, 2019 at 2:23 pm

Yup. 😛 Based on it, I think, but just tried to configure towards cat personalities. There’s also like a dogs Myers-Briggs…but that would be a for a Month’s Round-Up in Dogs. 😛

Be excellent to each other.

3. May 1, 2019 at 4:46 am

Ahhh A Month’s Round-up in Cats finally comes back 😆!!! I’m so happy for it! My lovely cat-friend Cleo was once a neurotic cat, but now she’s an agreeable cat 😛! And Pumpkin is so cute 😻!

#revivemeowingclan

4. Fally
    May 1, 2019 at 1:11 pm

I’m glad to see this is back! This is one of my favorite round-ups, nice job Kat. 🙂 And is that your new pupper :0 <3

Running for SW!!

5. Lilacpaw/frost
    May 1, 2019 at 10:51 pm

Adorable 😀

6. Foxtail (Foxie)
    May 2, 2019 at 6:51 am

My cat is the agreeable type 😛

Faith it 'til you make it

7. Tigerfall
    May 16, 2019 at 9:07 pm

My cats at home aren’t fitting any group. Not perfectly.
    Joseph acts like everything belongs to him (including the table, where he loves to sleep, or just sit when we eat dinner), and just takes all the bowl for him, pushing away other cat, and just lies on every new furniture before we finish placing it. But he welcomes every guest happily, purrs and raises his tail. And he reacts in similar way when I come back from school. That makes him something between agreeable and dominant
    But my second cat, which name I can’t translate to English, runs away when happens anything, what he hadn’t seen before, but if it happens second time, he purrs and acts like it is the best thing in his life. He is just weird cat, also in other ways.

"Tigger" Tigerfall

8. Sandfur
    May 21, 2019 at 11:23 pm

My cat is definitely an impulsive cat.

Gray Wing nooooooooooooooooooo

9. Pebblerose
    May 24, 2019 at 12:44 pm

I can’t stand all this cuteness!

Remember me for centuries-F4sw

10. Pebblerose
    May 24, 2019 at 12:57 pm

My cat Mittens totally stands on his hind paws!! 😀
    Mittens doesn’t quite fit any of them either though. He’s closest to a mix of agreeable cat, and Pumpkin the munchkin cat. Snowpaws, our other cat, is a mix of impulsive and hiding in a box till company’s over. And Jack Sparrow, our third kitty who just turned a year a few months ago, (yup, like Pirates of the Caribbean! He walked like a pirate when he was a kitten, so that’s where he got it lol) is a little too crazy for any, accept impulsive might fit at how much he runs, and chases the laser pointer until he can’t breathe.

Remember me for centuries-F4sw