It’s that time again! Get ready for the BlogClan Elections, 2019 edition!
Welcome everybody! It is once again time for elections. They are an exciting part of BlogClan, and we hope everybody will enjoy. Get hyped!
First, a humongous congratulations to our Medicine Cat, Medicine Cat Apprentice, and Deputy. Flowerstream, Birchfoot, and Jayfrost—without you, BlogClan would not be as bright and fun. You were amazing for these last two years and did justice for your positions. It’s sad to see you pass them on, but we will all forever be grateful for your dedication to this community.
Alright. Time to get started with the information!
What are the Medicine Cat and Deputy Positions?
On our site, the Medicine Cat is the friendly ambassador of our community.
- They welcome the newest members of BlogClan and play an active role on the New Members page.
- They act as a go-between with BlogTeam and BlogClan, being one of the most useful points of contact between these two parts of the community. They do not necessarily have to be a part of the moderator team, but they can give ideas and support.
- They keep the community content, making sure every member of the site feels happy and involved.
- The Medicine Cat will choose a Medicine Cat Apprentice (that won’t necessarily be their current apprentice).
This role includes helping out around the blog, and being a friendly role model.
- Like the Medicine Cat, the deputy will welcome the new members of BlogClan.
- They help out members with any problems or difficulties around the blog.
- They are generally a friendly person anyone can approach for help and guidance. They are a role model for the Blog.
Rules for Running
Like running for Senior Warrior, there are rules and requirements for running for Medicine Cat and Deputy!
- Candidates have been on and active on the Blog for at least 1 (one) year.
- Candidates must have commented at least once in the past month.
- Can only run for 1 (one) of the two positions.
What are Elections?
First, we hold the applications process. During this time, members that meet the requirements for the roles will be able to apply for one of the two positions.
After initial applications, we will then hold hustings for candidates. In these hustings, candidates will answer questions to show everyone why they want the position.
Next, we will start the first round of voting. All members will get up to three votes for any of the candidates, though they do not need to use all three. The top three candidates with the most votes after this period will then move on to the second and final voting round.
In the last voting round, all members get one vote for the candidate of their choice. Choose wisely!
Finally, on July 14, the winning candidates will be announced!
What are Hustings?
Hust•ings: (hŭs′tĭngz)pl.n.(used with a sing. or pl. verb)
1. A place where political campaign speeches are made.
2. The activities involved in political campaigning: a veteran of the hustings.
Basically, hustings are a series of daily posts which act as a platform for the candidates, to engage the community, answer vital questions, give speeches, strengthen bonds, and talk to BlogClan about why they want this position.
They are a place where candidates and voters interact with one another and engage in conversation.
We will have 4 hustings.
Below is the schedule we will follow for the 2019 Elections.
|July 1||Introduction + Applications Open|
|July 2||Hustings, Day 1|
|July 3||Hustings, Day 2|
|July 4||Applications Close + Hustings, Day 3|
|July 5||Elections Break|
|July 6||Hustings, Day 4 (Last Hustings)|
|July 7||First Round of Voting Begins|
|July 8||Election Commentary, Part 1|
|July 9||First Round of Voting Ends|
|July 10||Final Round of Voting Begins|
|July 11||Election Commentary, Part 2|
|July 12||Final Round of Voting Ends|
|July 13||Election Wrap-Up|
|July 14||Announcement of BlogClan’s New Medicine Cat + Deputy|
Good luck to everyone applying, and have fun!