Elections, Day 1: The First Medicine Cat Hustings!

Welcome back, BlogClanners! Today is the first day of the Medicine Cat hustings! If you still want to apply, you can do so here.

Today our candidates answering your questions will be Shadefrost and Iceflower! Please be accepting and give your best questions to our candidates! 😉

Candidates may use the comments below as a space to put their campaign, and the amazing members of BlogClan can use the comments as a space to ask questions, such as: why do you want this position? What are some good qualities you have? What are your flaws?

If you are still confused on hustings, they were explained fully in the first 2019 Elections post by Winterwhisper. You can find that here!

I’ll now hand it over to our candidates! Good luck to all!

Shadefrost

Loyal, friendly, trustful

I’d love to help out new members! I’d be really honored to be the Medicine Cat, as I’m inclusive to everyone on the site. We’re one big family, and I’m very respectful and tolerant of everyone’s feelings!

Iceflower

Kind, friendly, open-minded

BlogClan is a very special place with very special members. As medicine cat, I would focus on spreading kindness and compassion throughout the blog. Everyone deserves a place here, and I want to help each member, new and old, find their place in our little corner of the internet. It is important to me that we raise the young members of our world up, not bring them down. I believe all people, young and old, should have access to safe haven, even online. I want to help make BlogClan into that place for everyone, no matter who they are. I want to be a friend, a shoulder to cry on, and an advocate for every member of this blog. I want you to be heard.

Awesome. See you guys later for the Deputy hustings!

108 Replies to “Elections, Day 1: The First Medicine Cat Hustings!”

1. Emberblaze (Emb)
    July 2, 2019 at 3:32 pm

I haz a question for all of the candidates, how would you make BlogClan not seem as scary or intimidating to new members?

Scars~I AM THEY

• Shadefrost
      July 2, 2019 at 3:42 pm

As always, a positive atmosphere always makes people feel more comfortable. What I also find makes people feel less intimidated are nicknames! Instead of regular Allegiances names, nicknames just feel more casual and friendlier in my opinion!

WYATT BLUE GRASSI-HOYING

• Iceeeeeeeeeee (Icy)
      July 2, 2019 at 3:55 pm

I was definitely intimidated when I joined, haha! I would make sure all new members knew their way around and knew what to do if they needed help.

ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴛᴜᴅᴏʀ ʀᴏꜱᴇ ʜᴀꜱ ᴛʜᴏʀɴꜱ 🌹

2. July 2, 2019 at 3:34 pm

Good luck 😺.

#revivemeowingclan

3. Pineblossom loves the rain ☔️
    July 2, 2019 at 3:38 pm

Good luck! You two both make very good points and aughhhh it’s going to be so hard voting 😛

young, scrappy and hungry

4. Mapledrift
    July 2, 2019 at 4:57 pm

A question to both of my (rival 😛 ) candidates !

Will there be anything you will change about your commenting / general presence on the blog should you become medicine cat, and if so why haven’t you made that change previous to these hustings ?

H*ck that sounds mean I’m sorrrryyyy I just wanted to ask a question 😛

• 🐍❄Viperfrost, Allegiances Editor Edition❄🐍
      July 2, 2019 at 5:01 pm

I think it’s a valid question 😛 If you want to change the world, why haven’t you been trying prior to this? Oh geez, that summary also sounded mean. 😛 Also, you’re running? That’s fantastic! Good luck, Maple! 🙂

reality is an illusion

• Mapledrift
        July 2, 2019 at 5:46 pm

😛 I know I posted and was like ooooof I sound meannnnn 😛

• 🐍❄Viperfrost, Allegiances Editor Edition❄🐍
          July 2, 2019 at 6:43 pm

😛 I think it’s still a good question to ask, even if it doesn’t sound quite so nice.

reality is an illusion

• Iceeeeeeeeeee (Icy)
      July 2, 2019 at 5:37 pm

It is a perfectly valid question!

I don’t think so. I am happy with myself as a person. 🙂 I would just like to be a little more active. The only reason I haven’t been is just some recent events in my life.

ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴛᴜᴅᴏʀ ʀᴏꜱᴇ ʜᴀꜱ ᴛʜᴏʀɴꜱ 🌹

• Mapledrift
        July 2, 2019 at 5:46 pm

Thanks icy ! Oooof it sounded mean I’m sorry 😛

• Iceeeeeeeeeee (Icy)
          July 2, 2019 at 6:23 pm

Nope, no worries. 🙂

Good luck to you in the elections!

ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴛᴜᴅᴏʀ ʀᴏꜱᴇ ʜᴀꜱ ᴛʜᴏʀɴꜱ 🌹

• Shadefrost
      July 2, 2019 at 11:58 pm

A completely valid question.

I wouldn’t change too much about my attitude, since I’m pretty nice. (I think?) Although, like Icy, I’ll try my best to be as active as I possibly could, to spread joy and jubilation to anyone and everyone. 🙂

WYATT BLUE GRASSI-HOYING

5. Sundance
    July 2, 2019 at 6:57 pm

Q for Icy:

null

• Iceeeeeeeeeee (Icy)
      July 2, 2019 at 7:00 pm

YES YES YES, AAAAAHHHHHHH. MY DREAM HATH COME TRUE.

Can Harper be the best man? She would look great in a tux.

ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴛᴜᴅᴏʀ ʀᴏꜱᴇ ʜᴀꜱ ᴛʜᴏʀɴꜱ 🌹

• Sundance
        July 2, 2019 at 7:57 pm

OH PHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 💨 I ONLY HAVE ONE COW AND IT’S SCANDALOUS TO REUSE THE SAME COW FOR ANOTHER MARRIAGE PROPOSAL (ONLY HOOLIGANS DO THAT) …. so if you had said no I’d have been in some trouble!!!!

OF COURSE!!!!!! 😀
        Now how do you feel about this wedding cake??? 😉

• Iceeeeeeeeeee (Icy)
          July 2, 2019 at 8:10 pm

Well, typically I’m not a waffle fan, but……

THAT LOOKS SO GOOD I HAVE TO SAY YES

ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴛᴜᴅᴏʀ ʀᴏꜱᴇ ʜᴀꜱ ᴛʜᴏʀɴꜱ 🌹

• Sundance
            July 2, 2019 at 8:22 pm

MY NAIVE FORMER SELF THAT THOUGHT YOU LOVED WAFFLES POSTED THAT MONSTROSITY
            PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR THE SINS OF MY PAST
            AND ACCEPT THIS OFFERING OF FORGIVENESS:

better??? 😉

• Iceeeeeeeeeee (Icy)
              July 2, 2019 at 8:32 pm

BEAUTIFUL 😍

ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴛᴜᴅᴏʀ ʀᴏꜱᴇ ʜᴀꜱ ᴛʜᴏʀɴꜱ 🌹

• Pineblossom loves the rain ☔️
              July 2, 2019 at 8:46 pm

You know I better be invited to this wedding or I WILL SLAP YOU WITH A WAFFLE THROUGH THIS PHONE

young, scrappy and hungry

• Sundance
                July 2, 2019 at 9:01 pm

YOU’RE INVITED AND YOU CAN TOTALLY SLAP ME WITH A WAFFLE 😀

• Pineblossom loves the rain ☔️
                  July 2, 2019 at 9:07 pm

*Slaps sunny with a waffle and throws it on top of the pancake cake*

young, scrappy and hungry

머리아프다

• Pineblossom loves the rain ☔️
      July 2, 2019 at 7:03 pm

SUNNY SUNNY DEAR HELLO YOU’RE FINALLY PROPOSING TO ICY WITH A COW AHHHHH

young, scrappy and hungry

• July 2, 2019 at 7:19 pm

Hold on lemme do something real quick
      *spray paints “SUNFLOWER IS THE ULTIMATE SHIP” on everything*

Gradually watermelon

• Starpaw/blossom (Star)
      July 2, 2019 at 7:59 pm

OH MY GOSH SUNYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Nice to see you! BlogClan isn’t the same without you 🙁

Forgotten Stars

• A Very Gay Rose 🌈 ♥
      July 2, 2019 at 8:35 pm

SUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNYYYYYYYYYYYY

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SUNFLOWER BEAUTIFUL

• Shadefrost
      July 3, 2019 at 12:24 am

OMG OMG ITS FINALLY HAPPENING PEOPLE

WYATT BLUE GRASSI-HOYING

6. Starpaw/blossom (Star)
    July 2, 2019 at 8:10 pm

More questions!

1. Why should we vote for you? What are you going to do that will make you stand out from everyone else?
    2. (This is more personal) Have I ever helped you in any way? And do you consider me as a friend? (Random question 😛 )

Forgotten Stars

• Iceeeeeeeeeee (Icy)
      July 2, 2019 at 8:16 pm

1. I am looking to carve out a special place for each member here at BlogClan. I would love each and every member to feel safe and secure in their standing here. It is my goal to make sure every member is heard, no matter how small they think their problems might be. We are all equal here.
      2. Of course! 🙂 I’ve loved being your mentor and I consider you a good friend. 😀 You’ve given me some great advice. ❤

ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴛᴜᴅᴏʀ ʀᴏꜱᴇ ʜᴀꜱ ᴛʜᴏʀɴꜱ 🌹

• Shadefrost
        July 3, 2019 at 12:08 am

1. I want every member here to know that they are being loved <3 I want them to know that there’s a place for them here, even when they don’t feel like that in reality. This is a place to forget about the bad dreams, the worst fears, and to be put into a comforting aura, and I want to make everyone feel warm and welcomed here, regardless of difference. 🙂

2. Of course! We’ve given each other advice on Discord, and we totally support each other as amazing friends! 😀

WYATT BLUE GRASSI-HOYING

7. Pineblossom loves the rain ☔️
    July 2, 2019 at 8:49 pm

Questions: (well one question for now because I can’t think of any 😛 )

What’s the first thing that you would do as medicine cat and how would it work towards your main goal?

young, scrappy and hungry

• Iceeeeeeeeeee (Icy)
      July 2, 2019 at 9:07 pm

The first thing I would do is probably simplify the new member’s page a bit! Make it a bit clearer for new members. 🙂 I would also see about implementing a page for meeting the BlogTeam. That way new members would know more about the moderation team, what we do here, and what to do if they needed help.

ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴛᴜᴅᴏʀ ʀᴏꜱᴇ ʜᴀꜱ ᴛʜᴏʀɴꜱ 🌹

• Pineblossom loves the rain ☔️
        July 2, 2019 at 10:00 pm

I agree with your ideas ( I literally got inspiration for this question from the U.S. Democratic Debate and one lady was like “The first thing I will do as president is to call New Zealand” 😛 )

young, scrappy and hungry

• Iceeeeeeeeeee (Icy)
          July 2, 2019 at 11:08 pm

Hahaha. 😛

I’m glad you agree!

ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴛᴜᴅᴏʀ ʀᴏꜱᴇ ʜᴀꜱ ᴛʜᴏʀɴꜱ 🌹

• Shadefrost
      July 3, 2019 at 12:12 am

I’d suggest a page explaining all the fonts, emojis, secret text, etc. I’d also suggest a Bug Forum page, a good standardized system reporting Bugs and errors. This’ll make members feel more comfortable on the Blog, leading to my master plan main goal 😛 , of making people feel like they can get around on this Blog easily. 😀

WYATT BLUE GRASSI-HOYING

• Pineblossom loves the rain ☔️
        July 3, 2019 at 3:24 am

Ooh shadey being all techie 😛

But that is a good idea; most people on BlogClan do not know how to fix computers and having a centralized location to report problems is good. Also quells some of the questions about coding and stuff 😀

young, scrappy and hungry

8. July 2, 2019 at 10:25 pm

Elections? I’m shocked 😮
    Oh no now I have to decide? 😛

Lazy burnt p̷̲̠̦͒͌𝓸Ⓣ𝐚тⓄ

9. Thistlefrost
    July 3, 2019 at 3:49 am

I GOT THE 100TH COMMENT! YEET

Trail of Shadows is soon

10. July 5, 2019 at 3:28 am

Too lazy to ask a question, but good luck to both of you!! 🙂

Where are the avocados?