Rosefur gives commentary on the 2019 BlogClan Elections!
Hey BlogClan! Welcome to BlogClan’s 2019 Medicine Cat & Deputy elections commentary! Are you excited? I sure am!
First and foremost, a huge thank you to Flowerstream for being a wonderful medicine cat, and to Jayfrost for serving as an amazing deputy! Both Flo and Jayie did fabulously in their positions! It was a delight having you two as our medicine cat and deputy these past years. Thank you both! 🙂
And now, it’s time to pass on the torch to a new medicine cat and deputy!
We’re on to the first round of voting—an exciting time for candidates and voters alike. This is the moment where YOU, our lovely BlogClanners, can decide the future Medicine Cat and Deputy of BlogClan. Like in the Warriors books, these are prestigious, highly coveted positions. Choose someone who will change BlogClan for the better, and do us proud!
In the first round of voting, you can vote for up to 3 candidates. The final round of voting will include the top three candidates with the most votes.
Curious what these two positions are all about?
The Medicine Cat is the friendly ambassador of our community. The Deputy acts as an easy-to-reach source of guidance and assistance around the blog.
Some of the most exciting parts of the BlogClan election season were the hustings! If you’re not entirely sure what hustings are and/or missed out on them, read over the candidates’ responses here.
Now let’s take a quick look at the candidates!
Quotes taken directly from Hustings posts. Descriptions of candidates are my personal opinion and not a direct statement from the candidate.
Here are the candidates running for Medicine Cat: Shadefrost, Iceflower, Littlefang, Jasminebreeze, Rosesong, Frostfire, Moonbreeze, Mapledrift, and Crystalshine.
- Shadefrost – “We’re one big family” – Currently an active warrior of BlogClan, and believes we’re all just one big family! <3
- Iceflower – “I would focus on spreading kindness and compassion throughout the blog.” – Iceflower is an admin on the BlogTeam and also ran for Medicine Cat during the 2017-2019 elections!
- Littlefang – “We are a united community” – Littlefang is serious about helping the Blog’s community!
- Jasminebreeze – “I want to be […] the happy, inspiring and welcoming person who makes someone [believe] in themselves” – After being on the blog for two and a half years, Jasminebreeze wants to step up to Medicine Cat and be someone inspiring like the previous medicine cats were to her. That’s so sweet! 🙂
- Rosesong – “I want to become more integrated into this community” – Rosesong wishes to contribute to the community as a medicine cat!
- Frostfire – “I want this to be the place not just we can call home – but the place so many more can.” – Frostfire has an admirable goal to better our blog!
- Moonbreeze – “I always try to help out everybody around me, and comfort those who feel down.” – After being active for more than a year and a half, Moonbreeze is a very dedicated and friendly member of the Blog.
- Mapledrift – “I would love to give something back and help out with keeping that amazing atmosphere going however possible” – Mapledrift is a senior warrior of the Blog, and is kind and genuinely sweet to everyone.
- Crystalshine – “I will continue to contribute and help BlogClan with all my ability as long as I can” – Crystalshine cares deeply about our community and thinks of it as another home!
It’s going to be a tight race this time around. Who do you think will move on?
Here are the candidates running for Deputy: Emberdawn, Jaysnow, Wrenfeather, Shiverfur, Thistletooth, Pastelblossom, Jayfrost, Juniperdew, and Winterwhisper.
- Emberdawn – “I’ve never forgotten how welcomed I felt. That’s something that I wish all of us, no matter who you are or how long you’ve been on the blog, could feel.” – Emberdawn is one of our awesome mods! Embix definitely has a special deputy aura about her. 😛
- Jaysnow – “…to keep the blog a safe and happy place.” – Jaysnow is a huge Warriors fan, and even has his own Ask Jaysnow page. He has been an active member of the Blog for a while.
- Wrenfeather – “I really adore this blog and I would love to help it out however I can” – Wrenfeather is eager to help and is an active member of our community.
- Shiverfur – “I want to be a part of creating this positive environment” – After being active for more than 2 1/2 years, Shiverfur has decided to run for deputy!
- Thistletooth – “I try to be extremely honest with everyone and give a honest answer to every question I get.” – Thistletooth says that they are a honest and trustworthy member of BlogClan!
- Pastelblossom – “I love to welcome new members and I think I would be very good for this position.” – Pastelblossom really enjoys welcoming new members to the Blog!
- Jayfrost – “[…] BlogClan has always been somewhere safe and comforting to turn to.” Jayfrost has been deputy from 2015-present. Will she be reelected for yet another term, or is it time for someone else to take the reins?
- Juniperdew – “[…] I want the chance to interact with and help the newer folks more, especially since the blog is growing relatively quickly.” – After being on the blog for 4 whole years, Juni would love to help and welcome new members of the blog.
- Winterwhisper – “There are so many people that I interact with and can form a bond with here; you are my second family.” – Winterwhisper is the current BITS editor on the BlogTeam. He was actually the Medicine Cat Apprentice in the 2015-2017 term! He has been on the Blog for four years. Is it his time to step up to the position of Deputy?
Now that we’ve discussed the candidates a little, let’s take a look at some statistics and facts!
Some fun facts from the 2017 elections:
The 2nd round of voting was extremely close. The votes were split between the four final candidates 20.8%, 22.5%, 26.7%, and 30%, with the winning 30% going to Flowerstream!
29 candidates ran in total. Since four candidates made it to the final round of voting in 2017, that was theoretically a 13% chance of moving on. 3/4 of the final candidates were a part of BlogTeam.
Statistics from this election season:
This election season, there are 9 candidates running for deputy, 33% of which are BlogTeam members. For Medicine Cat, there is also a total of 9 candidates running, with one BlogTeam member. If 3 candidates progress to the next round, that’s a 33% theoretical chance of moving on.
Some other interesting facts from this election season (don’t read too deep into these, but they are some food for thought):
- Average # of comments in a Medicine Cat hustings post: 78 comments.
- Average # of comments in a Deputy hustings post: 58 comments.
- As of July 8th, there are just six more days until the announcement of the new Medicine Cat and Deputy!
- Elections are held every 2 years.
- All the candidates are so awesome and would do great in their respective positions! (And that’s a fact. 😉 )
Voting ends tomorrow! Think your decision through, then cast your vote! You can vote for three candidates this round—hopefully that makes the choice a little easier! Though it probably won’t since, wow! All the candidates are so awesome, and would all make great medicine cats and deputies!
So, what do you think about the elections so far? Leave a comment below and tell us!