My opinions on Sandstorm × Firestar by Cloudypaw

Art by Wings-of-North

Cloudypaw shares their thoughts on Firestar x Sandstorm!

Hi guys, it’s Cloudy here! Without too much talking, let’s get to the point!
Before I start, let me tell you that straight: I really like Sandstorm and Firestar, and they are not overrated.

Let’s start with Sandstorm.
SandPAW is a young apprentice when Firepaw joins ThunderClan. She’s angry of course, because the apprentices’ den is crowded (no Bluestar, four apprentices are definitely enough), and she doesn’t want to welcome an outsider right after the deputy’s death. She’s currently friends with Dustpaw – therefore she probably supported him because his mentor died. This is not a mood for welcoming in Firepaw; however, if you’ll look at Fire And Ice, she starts being more sweet toward Firestar. I totally get why she was annoyed that she didn’t get to mentor one of Goldenflower’s kits, and instead, Brackenfur – who is barely a warrior – gets chosen. Everyone says that Squirrelflight is so special for having “girl power” and being sarcastic and snapping but…we don’t give Sandstorm enough credit. Sandstorm snaps, stands up for what she believes in, and she gets frustrated when Firestar tries to protect her; this is where Squirrelflight got her attitude from!
And Sandstorm doesn’t get enough credit for rebuilding SkyClan. She is the one that urged Firestar not to give up so easily, and taught Echosong about herbs. She’s so underrated!

And what about Firestar?
I don’t need to detail him so much, because the whole series was from his POV; however, he is NOT overrated. He deserves the attention he got – just think about everything he did!

But…what about them together?
I personally like this ship. They are so cute and realistic together. They went through a lot, and both of them proved that they are the perfect match for each other. This is not love at the first sight – far from it, actually – but they’re still so cute together.

What about their parenting skills?
Well…they are good parents overall, but could use some improvement. They’re not perfect, of course, and here are the mistakes they made. When Squirrelflight had a problem with choosing a mate, Sandstorm just…told her teenage girl to choose a mate because this conflict is causing too much trouble. She didn’t give any advice for her daughter. I also don’t even remember Sandstorm actually reacting to the news of Leafpool being the parents of the three (the original ones).

Well, that was my article, thank you so much for reading! Hope you enjoyed; don’t be afraid to share your own opinions in the comments, and…bye!

Fan Articles

Notify of
🍂 Pineblossom 🥮
🍂 Pineblossom 🥮
July 19, 2019 1:10 am

Yassss I love Fire x Sand! They’re a really developed relationship, and you can tell how similar they are, both being stubborn, fierce and ready to defend their clan, and also how they have similar goals and work together to achieve them. Overall, a great article Cloudy!

✧ vouch for foxie! ✧

A very artsy Cloudy 🎨
A very artsy Cloudy 🎨
July 19, 2019 6:58 am

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww Pine can you stop before I’ll start screaming that we’re matching souls (sorry ’bout that) 😛

Gotta break the taboo

🍂 Pineblossom 🥮
🍂 Pineblossom 🥮
July 19, 2019 9:41 pm

😛

✧ vouch for foxie! ✧

Justin Belcher
Justin Belcher
March 10, 2020 1:38 pm

i try to get every book in the series.

FIRESTAR & SANDSTORM AWESOME!!!!!!

Silvs
Silvs
July 19, 2019 2:54 pm

Great article Cloudy! But you forgot to add that Sandstorms dad died too when Firestar joined! 🙂

Cloudy
Cloudy
July 19, 2019 3:24 pm
Reply to  Silvs

Thanks! I personally don’t think that Redtail is Sandstorm’s dad, so this is why I didn’t include it

Brindlefern
Brindlefern
July 19, 2019 7:13 pm
Reply to  Silvs

He is not her canon father. It’s not canon in the books/was never ever mentioned, not even on RD, and the wikia even removed Red and Brindle as that due to lack of any real canon proof, so Redtail being Sandstorm’s father is not not has it ever been a real thing in the books/character.

A Logged Out Raven
A Logged Out Raven
July 19, 2019 4:50 pm

Nala from the Lion King reminds me of Sandstorm.

🍂 Pineblossom 🥮
🍂 Pineblossom 🥮
July 19, 2019 9:42 pm

✧ vouch for foxie! ✧

🔥▂▃▄▅▆▇█▓▒░Pebblepaw░▒▓█▇▆▅▄▃▂ 🔥 (aka Peb, the Gender-Bias Battler)
🔥▂▃▄▅▆▇█▓▒░Pebblepaw░▒▓█▇▆▅▄▃▂ 🔥 (aka Peb, the Gender-Bias Battler)
July 28, 2019 7:04 pm

Wow! Yea!!

SrizelFTW

Mapledrift
Mapledrift
July 19, 2019 5:58 pm

Firestar and Sandstorm really should be shown more love, as well as Sandstorm herself ! She’s honestly so underrated and it’s strange ! She’s awesome

Somewhere that’s Green

Briarpaw
Briarpaw
July 19, 2019 6:46 pm

Awesome article Cloudy! I love this ship too, and I think it is very well-written! 😀

Sandy (Sandpaw/frost)
Sandy (Sandpaw/frost)
July 19, 2019 11:40 pm

Cloudy this article is amazing <3

Also, I'm SandPAW 😛

✨ art ✨

🔥▂▃▄▅▆▇█▓▒░Pebblepaw░▒▓█▇▆▅▄▃▂ 🔥 (aka Peb, the Gender-Bias Battler)
🔥▂▃▄▅▆▇█▓▒░Pebblepaw░▒▓█▇▆▅▄▃▂ 🔥 (aka Peb, the Gender-Bias Battler)
July 28, 2019 7:03 pm

Amazing article! This is literally the first one I’ve read since I don’t know when, but I love your articles because their short, cut to the point, straightforward, and easy to understand. You are totally right; Sandstorm should get more credit.

SrizelFTW

WhiteFeatherTheMedicineCat
WhiteFeatherTheMedicineCat
March 5, 2020 12:10 am

I LOVE the FIRExSAND ship, but do you think that Firestar loves Spottedleaf more than Sandstorm? I commented on a post to see if it was true, and I always argued that “SPOTTEDLEAF CAN’T A MATE OR KITS!!” But the books clearly don’t care. (Dats really all I have to say) P.s – MAPLESHADE DID NOT DESERVE TO GOT TO THE DARK FOREST

Jayda
Jayda
September 22, 2020 12:39 pm

Mapleshade did deserve to go to the dark forest I understand what happened to her was tragic but she didn’t have a right to murder cats. She thought she was going it to save her kits but then she does and wakes up on the dark forest but now she’s fully embraced being evil. She did deserve to go there.

Justin Belcher
Justin Belcher
March 10, 2020 2:00 pm

ok i have something to say

who likes warriors
like this comment

Justin Belcher
Justin Belcher
March 10, 2020 2:06 pm

WHO LIKES WARRIORS

LIKE THIS COMMENT IF YOU LIKE WARRIORS.

Jayda
Jayda
September 22, 2020 12:37 pm

I love them together their development and everything in their relationship is the reason why I love them together so much they truly work and make each other better. I wouldn’t want Firestar with anyone else

• Forest Wolf by Flamekit
  • Pink Rainforest Hummingbird by Flamekit
  • Mountain Bear by Flamekit
  • Ocean Sea Turtle by Flamekit
  • Nika:Magical Panther
  • Alderheart by Whitepaw
  • Kestrelfeather
  • goldenflower and tawnykit:pelt by Turtlepelt