Blossomfire15 shares their opinion on Dovewing and her position as one of the Three.

Art by LokiDrawzz on Twitter

Hey guys, it’s Blossomfire15 here with another article! In this article, I will be talking about the reasons why I think Dovewing should be part of the Three & not Hollyleaf.🤗
(SPOILERS FOR POWERS OF THREE & OMEN OF THE STARS (AND A VISION OF SHADOWS))

1st reason: A great plot twist
One of the first reasons I think Dovewing deserves to be in the Three is that it made a great plot twist. We all love plot twists, don’t we?😉
I love Hollyleaf, but if she was part of the Three, there wouldn’t have been a big plot twist.

It would have made the story plain with no mystery & kind of obvious. With a plot twist, it made the story interesting, leading us on until we realized Hollyleaf wasn’t part of the Three.

2nd reason: Hollyleaf wasn’t exactly the kind of cat for the Three

Nothing against Hollyleaf, I love her like I mentioned before, but to be honest, she wasn’t exactly the right cat to be part of the Three.
When being part of a prophecy involving the welfare of all the Clans, you can’t be stuck to the warrior code.
Now yes, Dovewing did have a forbidden romance with Tigerheart(Star) & later joined ShadowClan to be with him, but I don’t mean to go all the way the other side.
Dovewing still loved her Clan.
I mean if you are part of the Three, you need to have a balance.

3rd reason: What powers would Hollyleaf had?

When I close my eyes to think of what power Hollyleaf would have had, my mind is blank. I just can’t think of a power that wouldn’t be cheeseball, that she would have.
I knew she wouldn’t have hearing powers or abnormal senses like Dovewing, cause that doesn’t fit her.

With the Three, each of their powers fits their personalities perfectly. Hollyleaf, I can’t find any power that she would have to fit her personality.
And with Dovewing, her power suits her personality perfectly just like Lionblaze & Jayfeather’s does.

4th reason: Having the ‘dark’ sister

What makes the plot twist great is that Hollyleaf murdered a cat(I mean that’s not great, but you know what I mean) & went down this dark path, faking her death & coming back, giving her life to save her beloved Clanmates.
If she was a perfect little character who was just part of the Three like her brothers, & didn’t crack, it would be a boring storyline.
(Not saying Dovewing is perfect.
She isn’t)
If she never went down a dark path, it would be all ‘happy go lucky, no plot twist, no dark things that we want to cry over stuff’. And that’s really plain & boring to read about.

And lastly, the 5th reason: Dovewing was distant family but still had an important role

The last reason why Dovewing is the perfect role for being the Three, is that she is distant family. Not a close cousin.
She’s Lionblaze & Jayfeather’s grandfather’s nephew’s granddaughter. Not closely related!

She showed that even distant relatives can have a important role in something big. And I think that’s really great.

Like I said, I love both Dovewing & Hollyleaf equally, but I think it’s better that Dovewing is the Third, rather Hollyleaf, not out of favoritism, but it made the storyline better, & both characters stayed perfect the way they are.
Enjoyable characters to read about in our beloved Warriors.

And before I end this article, I’d like to say that comparing these two to each other just makes both of their characters less enjoyable.
Comparing is just the worst things we can do with fictional characters, like even Dovewing & Ivypool.

Thank you for reading this article & please feel free to express your feelings in the comments below!😊

Signing off,

Blossomfire15

8 Replies to “Reasons Why I think Dovewing is perfect to be part of the Three & not Hollyleaf by Blossomfire15”

1. August 6, 2019 at 5:25 am

Yeah, I like both characters, but having Dovewing as the cat in the Three did make things more interesting for the plot. :3

♡ 🐱 ♡

2. Fally
    August 6, 2019 at 1:31 pm

Great article, Blossomfire! 🙂 Dovewing was definitely a better fit for the three – I adore Hollyleaf, but her character I don’t think really fit in to the prophecy.

Running for SW!!

3. Foxtail (Foxie)
    August 6, 2019 at 4:18 pm

Yes I agree!! Hollyleaf was an amazing cat without being in the Three (besides murdering a cat lol)!! And I love that Dovewing was in it instead. I mean there will always be those people who wanted Hollyleaf or Ivypool as one of the Three. But really? For fanfic , it’s great. But for the actual plot in the actual series? Nope! How it was written was great and I full support that Dovewing was the best for the Three and that Ivypool’s place in the DF was a good plot twist and so was Hollyleaf’s return. See, everything happens for a reason 😛 Who knew this could apply to a Warriors book! 😛

Faith it 'til you make it

4. Briarpaw
    August 6, 2019 at 9:53 pm

I totally agree!! Great article Blossom! I don’t believe Dovewing is better for these reasons. Personally, I strongly dislike Hollyleaf, I think she is overrated. I don’t get the hate people have for Dovewing. She is really the perfect cat for the job. I wonder what power Hollyleaf would have? Maybe to read other cats’ thoughts or something.

5. Foxshadow
    August 7, 2019 at 2:04 am

i agree with you.:3

Spillin' my tea

6. Astie the Meowing Aster (Asterstorm/ Meowing Aster)
    August 7, 2019 at 2:53 pm

I like both Hollyleaf and Dovewing, but the latter does suit the position of being in the Three better than the former. I don’t really have much to say as I totally agree with you 😛. Great article 😸.

7. Prowlclaw
    August 12, 2019 at 6:46 am

I think it all came down to how each character was written. I personally would’ve found it more enjoyable to see someone who had murdered to be apart of the three. Someone who faced struggles and had to cope with their power and use it as intended. Dovewing was fun, don’t get me wrong, but it fell into the generic plot line of “you all have to be good and you must always use your powers for the good of the clan.” I know a lot of people don’t like him, but Lionblaze was a good example of someone who struggled with their super natural powers. He had horrible dreams and visions of killing the people he loved and had to wake up knowing that he had to power too. That nobody could stop him if he went berserk. I like his character because of that. Its my opinion, but I do personally think Hollyleaf would’ve made a better three.

• August 12, 2019 at 5:57 pm

Yeah I guess, I never really thought about it like that. I just liked that it was kind of like “WHAT?! HOLLYLEAF IS NOT PART OF THE THREE!!!!” And a plot twist. I love plot twists.