Reasons Why I think Dovewing is perfect to be part of the Three & not Hollyleaf by Blossomfire15

Blossomfire15 shares their opinion on Dovewing and her position as one of the Three.

Art by LokiDrawzz on Twitter

Hey guys, it’s Blossomfire15 here with another article! In this article, I will be talking about the reasons why I think Dovewing should be part of the Three & not Hollyleaf.🤗
(SPOILERS FOR POWERS OF THREE & OMEN OF THE STARS (AND A VISION OF SHADOWS))

1st reason: A great plot twist
One of the first reasons I think Dovewing deserves to be in the Three is that it made a great plot twist. We all love plot twists, don’t we?😉
I love Hollyleaf, but if she was part of the Three, there wouldn’t have been a big plot twist.

It would have made the story plain with no mystery & kind of obvious. With a plot twist, it made the story interesting, leading us on until we realized Hollyleaf wasn’t part of the Three.

2nd reason: Hollyleaf wasn’t exactly the kind of cat for the Three

Nothing against Hollyleaf, I love her like I mentioned before, but to be honest, she wasn’t exactly the right cat to be part of the Three.
When being part of a prophecy involving the welfare of all the Clans, you can’t be stuck to the warrior code.
Now yes, Dovewing did have a forbidden romance with Tigerheart(Star) & later joined ShadowClan to be with him, but I don’t mean to go all the way the other side.
Dovewing still loved her Clan.
I mean if you are part of the Three, you need to have a balance.

3rd reason: What powers would Hollyleaf had?

When I close my eyes to think of what power Hollyleaf would have had, my mind is blank. I just can’t think of a power that wouldn’t be cheeseball, that she would have.
I knew she wouldn’t have hearing powers or abnormal senses like Dovewing, cause that doesn’t fit her.

With the Three, each of their powers fits their personalities perfectly. Hollyleaf, I can’t find any power that she would have to fit her personality.
And with Dovewing, her power suits her personality perfectly just like Lionblaze & Jayfeather’s does.

4th reason: Having the ‘dark’ sister

What makes the plot twist great is that Hollyleaf murdered a cat(I mean that’s not great, but you know what I mean) & went down this dark path, faking her death & coming back, giving her life to save her beloved Clanmates.
If she was a perfect little character who was just part of the Three like her brothers, & didn’t crack, it would be a boring storyline.
(Not saying Dovewing is perfect.
She isn’t)
If she never went down a dark path, it would be all ‘happy go lucky, no plot twist, no dark things that we want to cry over stuff’. And that’s really plain & boring to read about.

And lastly, the 5th reason: Dovewing was distant family but still had an important role

The last reason why Dovewing is the perfect role for being the Three, is that she is distant family. Not a close cousin.
She’s Lionblaze & Jayfeather’s grandfather’s nephew’s granddaughter. Not closely related!

She showed that even distant relatives can have a important role in something big. And I think that’s really great.

Like I said, I love both Dovewing & Hollyleaf equally, but I think it’s better that Dovewing is the Third, rather Hollyleaf, not out of favoritism, but it made the storyline better, & both characters stayed perfect the way they are.
Enjoyable characters to read about in our beloved Warriors.

And before I end this article, I’d like to say that comparing these two to each other just makes both of their characters less enjoyable.
Comparing is just the worst things we can do with fictional characters, like even Dovewing & Ivypool.

Thank you for reading this article & please feel free to express your feelings in the comments below!😊

Signing off,

Blossomfire15

Fan Articles

Silverlight
Silverlight
August 6, 2019 5:25 am

Yeah, I like both characters, but having Dovewing as the cat in the Three did make things more interesting for the plot. :3

Fallenshadows
Fallenshadows
August 6, 2019 1:31 pm

Great article, Blossomfire! 🙂 Dovewing was definitely a better fit for the three – I adore Hollyleaf, but her character I don’t think really fit in to the prophecy.

Foxtail (Foxie)
Foxtail (Foxie)
August 6, 2019 4:18 pm

Yes I agree!! Hollyleaf was an amazing cat without being in the Three (besides murdering a cat lol)!! And I love that Dovewing was in it instead. I mean there will always be those people who wanted Hollyleaf or Ivypool as one of the Three. But really? For fanfic , it’s great. But for the actual plot in the actual series? Nope! How it was written was great and I full support that Dovewing was the best for the Three and that Ivypool’s place in the DF was a good plot twist and so was Hollyleaf’s return. See, everything happens for a reason 😛 Who knew this could apply to a Warriors book! 😛

Snow Which Gently Falls on Briar Branches (Ria- she/her)
Briarpaw
August 6, 2019 9:53 pm

I totally agree!! Great article Blossom! I don’t believe Dovewing is better for these reasons. Personally, I strongly dislike Hollyleaf, I think she is overrated. I don’t get the hate people have for Dovewing. She is really the perfect cat for the job. I wonder what power Hollyleaf would have? Maybe to read other cats’ thoughts or something.

Foxshadow
Foxshadow
August 7, 2019 2:04 am

i agree with you.:3

Aster the Meowzarella Cheese Will Never Trust the Baked Beans Again (Asterstorm/ Meowing Aster)
Astie the Meowing Aster (Asterstorm/ Meowing Aster)
August 7, 2019 2:53 pm

I like both Hollyleaf and Dovewing, but the latter does suit the position of being in the Three better than the former. I don’t really have much to say as I totally agree with you 😛. Great article 😸.

Prowlclaw
Prowlclaw
August 12, 2019 6:46 am

I think it all came down to how each character was written. I personally would’ve found it more enjoyable to see someone who had murdered to be apart of the three. Someone who faced struggles and had to cope with their power and use it as intended. Dovewing was fun, don’t get me wrong, but it fell into the generic plot line of “you all have to be good and you must always use your powers for the good of the clan.” I know a lot of people don’t like him, but Lionblaze was a good example of someone who struggled with their super natural powers. He had horrible dreams and visions of killing the people he loved and had to wake up knowing that he had to power too. That nobody could stop him if he went berserk. I like his character because of that. Its my opinion, but I do personally think Hollyleaf would’ve made a better three.

𝓙𝓮𝓭𝓲𝓶𝓪𝓼𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝔀𝓲𝓵𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽𝓻𝓸𝓼𝓮 🌇
Lightningstrike
October 13, 2019 2:01 am

I’ll always believe that Hollyleaf should have been the third cat. Nothing will ever change that, Not even this article

Caitlyn
Caitlyn
January 20, 2020 6:17 pm

I think if Hollyleaf was the third cat in the prophecy, her powers would be being wise and knowing what to do, because she talked about how she wanted to become leader in the previous books. No hate, just my opinion.

Turtlepaw/ dapple 🐢🐢🐢
Turtlepaw/ dapple 🐢🐢🐢
April 25, 2020 1:44 pm

Hi BlossomFire15! I think Dovewing was right being the third cat. She’s really cool. Hollyleaf is cool too, powers or no powers.

Stella Hazelton
Stella Hazelton
December 22, 2020 11:54 pm

i Think hollyleaf should be part of the three, and if not Hollyleaf, somebody else besides Ivypool and dovewing. Why? Well it’s suppose to be “Kin of you Kin will hold the powers of the stars in there paws” That doesn’t make sense if dovewing was apart of the power of three because it’s FireStar’s kin of kin, not kin of your kin of your kin, it would only make sense if Hollyleaf was the other cat, just my opinion though.

Hopesparkle
Hopesparkle
January 16, 2021 5:53 pm

I prefer Ivypool because:

1. Dovewing got like all the attention when she revealed that she was part of the prophecy, which made Ivypool jealous and made Dovewing get special treatment, and it wasn’t really fair because Lionblaze and Jayfeather were part of it too and weren’t treated special.
  2. No apprentice wanted to hunt with Ivypaw because everyone thought that her sister was better, which made Ivypaw train in the dark forest.
  3. Dovewing got to be on a great quest and met Tigerheart, who had feelings with her. Tigerheart told Dovewing he only cared about her, and then Ivypool started getting angry at Dovewing for being mates with someone she didn’t like.
  4. Dovewing used her powers during the battle, but I think Ivypool is the true hero because she spied in the Dark Forest and nearly died.
  5. I think Dovewing got a better mate personally, because Tigerheart became leader and Ivypool became mates with a ordinary warrior, which is soo unfair.
  6. Ivypool didn’t deserve Dovewing leaving with someone she didn’t like, but the authors made Dovewing be happier with her mate (and not her sister) while Ivypool was like miserable.
  7. Dovewing is not a mary-sue but: her kits got way more favor then Ivypool’s kits! Who likes Shadowsight? Everyone! Well, almost.
  8. Who likes Bristlefrost? No one… 90% or more people prefer Shadowsight anyways.
  9. She got everything, from getting special treatment to being mates with a very good leader! Ivypool lost almost everything! And now people want Dovewing as leader. How? She got too much.
  10. Ivypool should become leader because she would be a really good one. And now Bristlefrost might move to SkyClan. Imagine how Ivypool would feel, losing her sister and daughter and almost every other thing! Dovewing probably doesn’t care about her anymore. ):

I think only Ivypool should become leader and Ivypool and Dovewing should be part of the prophecy along with Jayfeather. But I feel like the prophecy would go wrong with Lionblaze being missing. Why not someone else that was related to Firestar?

Fawn That Gets Eaten By Wolves
Fawn That Gets Eaten By Wolves
January 17, 2021 5:52 pm

finally! someone who agrees with me!

• EchoClaw