Tigerstar is NOT evil!! A theory by Wolftooth

Wolftooth takes a different look at Tigerstar.

Wolftooth takes a different look at Tigerstar.

Artist unknown (found on Pinterest)

Hello! My name is Wolftooth, and today I Will be talking about are well known killer, Tigerstar. He is one of the well known villains, for MANY things. But,

He Is Not Evil

He was not born evil, he was not evil, and he isn’t
And here is where I will prove that statement

Let’s go back to the first part I know.
He has a strong connection with ShadowClan, because we soon figure out in a book (I think) Secrets of the Clans, that some warriors of ShadowClan, saved his life when he was a kit, from some foxes. He told the cats he liked them, and that he would repay ShadowClan

As you may also know, the other cat, Thistleclaw, is not a very nice cat.

Now, before we get into this tom, you may be wondering, What is so important about Tigerstar as a kit with ShadowClan? Well, we will get to that soon, I promise!!

Okay, like I said, Thistleclaw is not a good cat, and if you have read, The Rise Of Scourge, a manga made by the Erin Hunter team, you may see a scene, when Tiny wanders into the forest, and walks in on a patrol of ThunderClan cats, made up of Bluefur, Thistleclaw, and his apprentice, Tigerpaw. Thistleclaw says that Tiny needs to be taugh a lesson for trespassing, even though Bluefur’s pleads that he is just a kit, and a kitty let, no knowing of the Warrior Code. Thistleclaw demands for Tigerpaw to punish the kit, and Tigerpaw attacks Tiny, ripping the bell of his collar, and giving him many scars. You see, Thistleclaw teaches Tigerpaw to be violent. And I bet you, he taught him how to be ambiguous, which come to the “I will become leader” stuff. Since Tigerclaw says he will become leader, does stuff for that, fails, gets exiled, and Joins ShadowClan, and becomes their leader, you realize that, He was doing all that, because of Thistleclaw. Snow fur, why you fall in love with evil?
Thistleclaw taught Tigerclaw all this stuff, if Thistleclaw was not Tigerclaws mentor, things would be better. Way better.

Tigerclaw is not evil. Thistleclaw is. Tiger is just being manipulated.

Hope you enjoyed my Theory!

Fan Articles

Notify of
🔥▂▃▄▅▆▇█▓▒░Pebblepaw░▒▓█▇▆▅▄▃▂ 🔥 (aka Peb, the Gender-Bias Battler)
🔥▂▃▄▅▆▇█▓▒░Pebblepaw░▒▓█▇▆▅▄▃▂ 🔥 (aka Peb, the Gender-Bias Battler)
October 3, 2019 12:21 pm

Well, any other apprentice wouldn’t have obeyed Thistleclaw to do such evilness if they where his apprentice and not Tigerpaw. I suppose Thistleclaw did encourage it, but when did Tigerclaw ever do anything kind? Even as a kit he was dark. But maybe he wasn’t as bad as we think… but at the end of his life he did deserve to go to the Dark Forest.

SrizelFTW

🔥▂▃▄▅▆▇█▓▒░Pebblepaw░▒▓█▇▆▅▄▃▂ 🔥 (aka Peb, the Gender-Bias Battler)
🔥▂▃▄▅▆▇█▓▒░Pebblepaw░▒▓█▇▆▅▄▃▂ 🔥 (aka Peb, the Gender-Bias Battler)
October 5, 2019 8:38 pm
Reply to  Spottedshine

😀

SrizelFTW

Bluevelociraptor
Bluevelociraptor
October 3, 2019 7:47 pm

Yes, Thistleclaw taught him those things, but he chose his own path. The entire clan taught the Warrior Code, and after Thistleclaw was gone(if he only did those bad things because he didn’t want to be hurt by Thistleclaw or disappoint him or something) he could have chosen not to kill Redtail, and everyone else he murdered.

Spring
Spring
October 3, 2019 9:37 pm

Honestly, Tigerstar is an interesting character. He isn’t evil, and he certainly isn’t good. I absolutely love morally grey characters like that, he seems to lean towards the darker shades of grey. And honestly it’s more realistic for him to be morally grey because no human being is completely good or completely bad either, which I enjoy seeing in any sort of fiction.

Thistleclaw definitely did encourage this behavior, and Pinestar leaving didn’t help either (though I don’t blame him for doing so). In the end, he’s responsible for his own actions though I do believe he did think he was doing the right thing for his Clan at the time. If it weren’t for him taking a much darker path to get there, he would’ve made a wonderful leader for ThunderClan. However, he chose the darker path and paid for his actions.

Daffiolet is otp

Flame with a Super Creative Halloween Name
Flame with a Super Creative Halloween Name
October 3, 2019 11:20 pm

Nice article! I agree that Tiger* is not evil, or at least not entirely. I personally don’t think any cat(or person) is 100% evil. Like Ivy said, he’s interesting. (A lot of times the villains of stories fascinate me the most)

The Earthliest Earthling

Briarpaw, who- AHHH! LOOK OUT! SHE'S RIGHT BEHIND YOU!
Briarpaw, who- AHHH! LOOK OUT! SHE'S RIGHT BEHIND YOU!
October 3, 2019 11:25 pm

He did deserve the Dark Forest but…
he was the cutest little kit I’ve ever read about.

I need to change my siggie

Willowkit
Willowkit
October 4, 2019 1:46 am

I agree with this. As a kit, he WAS a bit spoiled, but nothing much. Had Thistleclaw not become his mentor and a more patient, strict yet gentle cat instead, he would have been a worthy warrior.

Spring
Spring
October 4, 2019 4:20 am
Reply to  Willowkit

I remember reading a fanfic with Rosetail as his mentor instead; maybe that would’ve worked out better than Thistleclaw had.

Daffiolet is otp

Brightpaw (pool)
Brightpaw (pool)
October 4, 2019 11:31 pm

I agree that no cat (or human) is 100% evil; nothing is as simple as that. Great article, Wolf!

Violetpaw/Violet That Grows In The Hufflepuff Common Room
Violetpaw/Violet That Grows In The Hufflepuff Common Room
October 5, 2019 3:06 pm

I guess Thistleclaw had a lot to do with it, but he also raised Whitethorn, his own son, and Whitethorn was just awesome

🔥▂▃▄▅▆▇█▓▒░Pebblepaw░▒▓█▇▆▅▄▃▂ 🔥 (aka Peb, the Gender-Bias Battler)
🔥▂▃▄▅▆▇█▓▒░Pebblepaw░▒▓█▇▆▅▄▃▂ 🔥 (aka Peb, the Gender-Bias Battler)
October 5, 2019 8:39 pm

That’d be Whitestorm 😉 And yes he was awesome 😛 Another reason why I think it wasn’t just Thistleclaw’s fault Tigerstar was how he was.

SrizelFTW

🎃🦇🖤Heart of Dark Thorns (Brambleheart)🖤🦇🎃
Heart of Dark Thorns (Brambleheart)
October 6, 2019 4:25 pm

Guys what if Bluestar mentored Tigerstar

Ravenfether
Ravenfether
October 18, 2019 1:56 am

Thistlecalw is evil because Snowfur died

nickywing
nickywing
May 9, 2020 11:07 pm

I agree w/ u. also i think the reason why he got so baaaaaad was bc when he first tried, he ended up failing and being rejected. he felt weak, not like a leader should b. so he only got worse

irinasplash
irinasplash
August 24, 2020 9:27 am

It’s CODE of the clans

• Where-am-I by Shiningpaw(pool)
  • Snowbranch