Immortal Cats in Warriors by Briarpaw

Briarpaw looks at some cats who have lived some long, long lives!

Art by Shyranno (tumblr)

Hey! I’m Briarpaw, back with YET ANOTHER article! This subject really needed to be talked about, so here we go!

Rock He really is immortal, or at least his spirit is. He mentions that he was cursed to live forever. (This is why he needs a Super Edition or novella, folks!!) That is also why he looks so ugly. After the Tribe moved away from the lake, he had to stay, and I don’t really know what he does these days. He is a very mysterious cat (another reason why he needs a novella!) and does not talk much about his past. He has been alive (well, half alive) since the time before StarClan. That means that in human years, he is at least sixty! Wow.

Purdy That lovable kitty that helps the cats on the Great Journey find their way. In Power of Three, he comes to live with the Clans as an elder. he was old in Midnight , and he continued to live until his death in Shattered Sky .

Mudfur Not many people think about him having such a long life, but if you think about it, it’s true. He was an adult in Crookedstar’s Promise . The warriors from this time are all elders in Into the Wild (if I have it right), or just plain dead. He has not retired as of <Into the Wild . He is even still alive in < Midnight , and STILL hasn’t retired. He finally, finally, dies in Dawn . And he still did not retire.

Mistystar Okay, she had to be mentioned. She is a warrior in Into the Wild , and is the only cat still living in Bluestar’s Prophecy . She is older than Leopardstar, despite succeeding her. She became leader right when she should have moved to the elders’ den. Crazy. And that was in Omen of the Stars . in A Vision of Shadows she has still made it, and as of Lost Stars , she is STILL alive. Most leaders, I realized, are leader for about three arcs (Firestar, Blackstar, and Nightstar are exceptions), and this is her third. Not only that, but she is a living skeleton. Really. She is bound to die very soon, maybe in The Silent Thaw . Then again, her deputy and son, Reedwhisker, is about at the retiring age. We’ll see for more!

Heavystep And lastly, Heavystep. Heavystep died in Sunset . The elder was mourned deeply, but REAPPEARED. He was mentioned to have redied (if that’s a thing) in between Sunrise and The Fourth Apprentice .

That’s it for now! Thanks for reading!

Fan Articles

Notify of
Brightpaw (pool)
Brightpaw (pool)
October 21, 2019 1:13 am

Interesting article, Briar! 😀 I agree that a Rock novella/super edition would be awesome, and Mistystar has lived a bit too long 😛
that sounded really heartless…

October 22, 2019 12:47 am

😛

I need to change my siggie

October 22, 2019 12:50 am

Alright, speedy mod on the loose… I wonder who that could be… *cough* Rainie?

I need to change my siggie

Rainshine 🌸 Rainie
Rainshine 🌸 Rainie
October 22, 2019 1:09 am

*cough* ummm no, you must be mistaken… its, uh, puddlie

下雨天的阳光

Ravenmist (Raven)
Ravenmist (Raven)
October 21, 2019 1:36 am

Many RiverClan cats are immortal, leading me to believe their rivers are rivers of immortality 😉

I cannot stop twinkling!

October 22, 2019 12:48 am

You should write an article about that 😉

I need to change my siggie

willow that blooms in spring
willow that blooms in spring
October 25, 2019 6:40 pm

that makes sence graystripe was a riverclan cat once

i am the human owl

Spooky Silverlight
Spooky Silverlight
October 21, 2019 2:41 am

The instant I saw the title I just thought MISTYSTAR. Mistystar needs to, well, die, because she really deserves some rest after a life that long. Nice article Briarpaw!

it’s spooky season 🎃

October 22, 2019 12:48 am

Thank you!

I need to change my siggie

willow that blooms in spring
willow that blooms in spring
October 25, 2019 6:40 pm

nuuuuuuu 🙁

i am the human owl

Flame with a Super Creative Halloween Name
Flame with a Super Creative Halloween Name
October 21, 2019 2:45 am

Ooh, interesting! Heavystep seems to naturally have nine lives 🙂 Also I was just thinking the other day about how Mistystar was getting old.

The Earthliest Earthling

October 22, 2019 12:49 am

Mistystar needs to go… but Reedwhisker is also retiring age…

I need to change my siggie

Spring
Spring
October 22, 2019 5:14 am

Both of them can go and then we could have a Mossfire vs. Jumpfoot-esque situation in modern day RiverClan
Then they could become interesting again

…more opportunities come from getting rid of both if you ask me

Daffiolet is otp

Emberblaze (Emb)
Emberblaze (Emb)
October 21, 2019 3:46 am

It’s a running joke in the warriors community that the authors forgot that to kill off mistystar. Great article:)

Scars~I AM THEY

October 22, 2019 12:49 am

Thanks 😉

I need to change my siggie

❄ . • ° Ivyla ° • . ❄
❄ . • ° Ivyla ° • . ❄
October 22, 2019 8:40 am

Great article, Briarpaw! Lol, when I saw the title, I too thought of Mistystar.

━━━⊰ .•°❄.•°❄.•°❄

Briarpaw
Briarpaw
October 24, 2019 11:50 pm

thanks!

willow that blooms in spring
willow that blooms in spring
October 22, 2019 7:03 pm

great article
you forgot graystripe 😛 one of the last cats from into the wild

i am the human owl

I realized that 😛
and thanks!

I need to change my siggie

Echopool
Echopool
October 30, 2019 4:54 pm

I’m just wondering where graystripe is! He was alive since the very first book and as an apprentice that! And he is still living in the silent thaw? That’s pretty old.

Warrior cats and Undertale

Featherheart A random kitty cat
Featherheart A random kitty cat
November 29, 2019 10:40 pm

Those cats are really old, but i thought you’d only put the cats who are still alive. I think Graystripe, Mosspelt, Oakfur, Reedwhisker and Fallowfern (maybe?) need to be on this list/die. I don’t hate them, but they have to go to StarClan, rest there and finally meet all their deceased kin/friends.

Purple Dusk
Purple Dusk
December 6, 2019 3:24 pm

My goodness,
What is with RiverClan and living so long?
That is alot of old, working cats.

Though when I saw the title, I thought of a different RiverClan cat who is living longer than suppose to.
Beetlewhisker. Or as the community calls him, Beetlewhisker Star.
That poor Tom had an epic warrior’s death in the Last Hope, only to show up 18 moons later in the Apprentice’s Quest! As a she-cat. 🤨 Even after that mistake was corrected, he still showed up in the Allegiances, with an apprentice! 😲 A book later, he is seen protecting RiverClan camp from Darktail and his rouges. I have not seen Beetlewhisker since but the new books still have not shown up at the library.
If anyone wants to tell me if Beetlewhisker showed up even after that event, feel free. Beetlewhisker is a good, loyal warrior.

All in all, fun article Briarpaw!

Purple Dusk

Cindery Smoke That Emerges From Frosty Jack-O-Lantern~ Cindy
Cindery Smoke That Emerges From Frosty Jack-O-Lantern~ Cindy
July 9, 2020 9:30 pm

This is a great article!

But GREYSTRIPE!

He found Rusty/Firepaw/Fireheart/Firestar in Into The Wild and is STILL ALIVE in Veil Of Shadows!!!!!! (I think)

#PROUD SCORPIO 🦂🦂🦂

• Where-am-I by Shiningpaw(pool)
  • Snowbranch