Why Firestar Shouldn’t Have Been The Fourth Cat by Brackenpebble

Brackenpebble shares why they think Firestar shouldn’t have been the fourth prophecy cat.

Official art by Wayne McLoughlin

Hey guys! Brackenpebble here! Just FYI, this is my FIRST EVER article, so I hope it goes well! Ever since I finished reading Omen of The Stars, (exactly one book ago) I’ve been fuming about Firestar being the fourth cat. I have several reasons why, and some of them are pretty outland-ish, but I just don’t think it should’ve been him.
Reason 1.
Firestar already had several chances on his own! In The Prophecies Begin, he faced down Tigerstar about a dozen times! He doesn’t need another chance. At. All.
Reason 2.
He has his own prophecy. If Erin Hunter really wants to make Fire Alone Can Save The Clan not fulfilled yet, she doesn’t need to mix it up with The Three! Let it get resolved in another series, on its own! Let Jayfeather, Lionblaze, and Dovewing have their chance!
Reason 3.
It should’ve been Hollyleaf. I don’t care what other people say, it should’ve been Hollyleaf. She was so excited about being the third cat, then she wasn’t! If Hollyleaf had been the fourth cat, she would’ve been able to fulfill her dream! All she ever wanted was to help her Clan. If she was the fourth cat, maybe she wouldn’t have died!
Reason 4.
Firestar gets all the attention. Once Bluestar shows up and says, “Hey, Firestar’s the fourth cat, just FYI,” all the attention goes to him. He got ALL the attention in the first series too! And, all he really does in the battle is fight Tigerstar. It’s just the Tiger/Fire stand-off AGAIN. It already happened through pretty much a whole series!
Reason 5.
Firestar isn’t even all that interesting. *Dodges moldy apple* Okay, I know not many people will agree, but this is just my opinion! Firestar really isn’t all that great! I’d like to know why the heroes of everything are always BOYS. Look at this-
The Prophecies Begin- Hero- Firestar. Boy.
The Power Of Three- Heroes- Jayfeather, Hollyleaf, Lionblaze. Mostly boys.
Omen Of The Stars- Heroes- Jayfeather, Lionblaze, Dovewing. Mostly boys.
Harry Potter- Heroes- Harry, Ron, Hermione. Mostly boys.
Percy Jackson- Heroes- Percy, Annabeth, Grover. Mostly boys.
Why is it always boys? I don’t like Harry, Percy, Lionblaze, Jayfeather, or Firestar as much as I like Hollyleaf, Dovewing, Ron, Hermione, Grover and Annabeth, because they’re all SO important! Everything happens to them! Firestar gets everything. Absolutely everything. And I think the other cats deserve a chance in the spotlight.

Well, there you go! That’s my thoughts on why Firestar shouldn’t have been the fourth cat. Sorry if I spoiled anything, or if you don’t agree with what I said, or anything, but this is just what I think, personally. This is only my first article, like, EVER, so I hope you liked it!
Brackenpebble.

Fan Articles

Notify of
❄ . • ° Ivyla ° • . ❄
❄ . • ° Ivyla ° • . ❄
November 8, 2019 4:44 pm

Oooh, great article, Brackenpebble! Hollyleaf or Ivypool should HAVE been the fourth cat, I totally agree.

crow ⦿ blackie ⦿ blackpaw/shade
crow ⦿ blackie ⦿ blackpaw/shade
November 8, 2019 6:22 pm

Agreeed

Starkit
Starkit
November 1, 2020 9:48 pm

Agreed

🔥▂▃▄▅▆▇█▓▒░Pebblepaw░▒▓█▇▆▅▄▃▂ 🔥 (aka Peb, the Gender-Bias Battler)
🔥▂▃▄▅▆▇█▓▒░Pebblepaw░▒▓█▇▆▅▄▃▂ 🔥 (aka Peb, the Gender-Bias Battler)
November 8, 2019 9:19 pm

Yessssssssssss Brackenpebble I agree with nearly every one of your points 😛 Especially nearly all heroes being boys!!!!! It’s just freaking AHHHH!!!
But I have to say I do like Jayfeather 😛
And yes Hollyleaf should have been the third OR fourth cat!! Why was it necessary for her to not be a part of it? Why couldn’t she have a power? Firestar didn’t really make sense, I agree 😛
Your first article was great! I hope for more 😉

Stormy (Stormberry)
Stormy (Stormberry)
November 8, 2019 9:46 pm

Nice article! I think it is a little repetitive that Firestar gets the spotlight all the time, but he’s an interesting character in my opinion.

Sandy (Sandpaw/frost)
Sandy (Sandpaw/frost)
November 8, 2019 10:16 pm

Great article! I totally agree! Hollyleaf deserves to be the fourth cat, and Firestar is too boring (sorry Firestar fans).

Flamecloud the Earthling
Flamecloud the Earthling
November 8, 2019 11:02 pm

Cool article!

Snow Which Gently Falls on Briar Branches (Briarpaw)
Snow Which Gently Falls on Briar Branches (Briarpaw)
November 8, 2019 11:57 pm

I personally don’t like Hollyleaf, but I think she was the 4th cat at heart.

ℜ𝔞𝔳𝔢𝔫 ĮŜ 𝓉𝓇𝓎𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝕠𝕦𝕥 the ꪀꫀ᭙ ꜰᴀɴᴄʏ sʇxǝʇ 🄾🄵🄵🄴🅁🄴🄳 (wɒqᴎɘvɒЯ/t̷̤͚̠͍̘̟̫̲̭̻̔̀̃̌͘̕͝ḫ̴̢̞͉̫̌͑̏ò̸̢̝̞̟̝ͅr̵̺̀̒͜͝n̷͙̝̲̐)
November 9, 2019 7:14 pm

It should be Hollyleaf or Ivypool. Even though i like Firestar, he already has 7 books to himself already.

Mothtail
Mothtail
April 21, 2020 9:16 am

Firestar wasn’t the fourth cat. Ivypool was. I wanted it to be Hollyleaf, but it was Ivypool. Read my article “Ivypool was the fourth cat, no matter what Bluestar says” to find out why.

Amberfrost
Amberfrost
August 25, 2020 1:52 pm

I agree with you that Firestar is not all that interesting. He is actually one of my least favorite cats, I know this opinion is super unpopular. When he’s leader, he hardly ever fights other Clans, and that annoys me, I mean, come on, its called WARRIORS for a reason! Nice article!

Moongust