232 Replies to “Veil of Shadows Spoiler Page”

1. eveningbreeze
    December 13, 2019 at 12:13 am

Hello, Kate. This is my first time posting on Blogclan, but I have a question that has been confusing me for some time. In The New Prophecy, what was Hawkfrost’s plan supposed to be? It’s a little convoluted and I still don’t really get it.

In the book, it says that he got Ashfur to help him and that Birchpaw (Ashfur’s apprentice at the time) told Firestar that Blackstar was on Thunderclan territory. If you go by this logic, it would seem that Ashfur told Birchpaw to lie to Firestar to lure him to the fox trap. This doesn’t really make sense to me though, because Birchpaw doesn’t seem like the kind of person who would lie to his leader and try to get him killed.

In addition, Brambleclaw notices that Hawkfrost has Shadowclan’s scent on him, and when he asks about it, Hawkfrost acts weird. Did Hawkfrost really pick up Shadowclan’s scent from crossing the border as he claimed? Or was Blackstar actually involved, and Birchpaw wasn’t lying? This has been bothering me since I first read the book and I would really appreciate it if you cleared it up for me. Thank you!

• Christmas Cakestar
      December 13, 2019 at 1:42 pm

There is no clear answer to this, I’m afraid. Your interpretation of events is as valid as anyone else’s. What do you think? What do you think is most likely or credible?

BlogTeam Administrator, Leader

2. December 13, 2019 at 4:44 pm

I keep seeing people say that we need an Ivystar and that really annoys me because we really don’t as that is just a want and an opinion at that; I don’t feel like fully retyping my reasons why so I’ll just copy and paste my initial comment:

I personally wouldn’t like Ivystar mainly because I don’t like her, but I have other reasons:

– Whenever a cat becomes leader, they seem to lose all of their personality prior (if they had one to begin with) and become a plot device, either to be a hurdle for the protagonist or to move the plot forwards.
    – Ivypool hardly has a personality. I know people will disagree with me but most of her character revolves around Dovewing. That’s it. She just started getting some personality in AVoS, but of course most of that revolved around fighting with Dovewing or giving her the cold shoulder for no good reason. At least Bramblestar had something prior to becoming leader.
    – Ivystar would not work well with Tigerheartstar. She’d likely pick fights with him over trivial things, we know she does not like him at all. This does not mean that peace will stick with the Clans if she hates his guts.

And honestly I’d rather a younger cat be leader because most cats born in TPB, TNP, and POT (Ivypool and Dovewing being born in the latter) should be dead by now or at least retired. They’ll just have the same problem as Mistystar, Reedwhisker, Mothwing, and Kestrelflight.

And no, a Rosestar would not be ideal either. She’s been shown to be aggressive for no reason (dragging Bristlefrost by the scruff when pulling her aside is a good example) and will purposefully cross borders as shown in BrS with the feud against WindClan, in front of her leader nonetheless. She is not leader material, she’s only had many apprentices and that means nothing in terms of how they can manage to uphold peaceful relations with other Clans.

💖 Serenade Ship Captain 💖

• December 13, 2019 at 9:35 pm

Whoops I’m the one who said Rosestar 😛 To be fair, I have not read the books in a looooooong time so all knowledge of characters who weren’t POVs has long since faded in my mind ;P

Moderator, BlogClan's Deputy

• December 13, 2019 at 9:36 pm

No, there were others so I thought I should finally put forth my unpopular opinion since a good chunk of the fandom wants a Rosestar if not Ivystar anyways 😛

💖 Serenade Ship Captain 💖

3. December 14, 2019 at 1:57 am

Graykit: dark gray tom with golden eyes
    Mistkit: pale gray tabby she-kit with white chest and mist blue eyes
    Frostkit-white she-kit with foggy gray ears and pale teal eyes

These are just my opinions and I think Harelight might be Curlfeathers mate?

4. December 14, 2019 at 4:43 am

Here’s my opinion on the leaders:

Harestar: I really like him and I feel like he is too young to die, plus if he dies I hope it’s a Sedgestar, or Smokestar P.S. I know she’s young but I really like her, but I want to know who’s his parents are?

Mistystar: I love her but she’s just too old and if she dies she can be with her siblings and dead kits. I don’t know if I want a Reedstar I like him but again he’s also pretty old and I kinda want a Minnostar or Shimmerstar, or Mallowstar

Tigerstar: I hated that him and Dovewing became mates but I love his kits even tho Lightleaps pelt and name don’t make sense, but if he did die even tho he also is a new leader, I would be happy with a Cloverstar but it’s weird because she’s never had an apprentice before but she’s deputy?

Leafstar: Best at naming warriors but she’s got to go. I would like Hawkstar but I like the name Hawkwing too much? Maybe we could have a Blossomstar?

Bramblestar: That ship sailed a long time ago, all I’m waiting for is to see if we’ll get a Squirrelstar or if she’ll die? Bramblestar was never my favorite and he wasn’t the best at naming cat so lets hope the next leader is better!!!

5. Daurian Wind
    December 14, 2019 at 10:20 pm

Dear Blogclan Warriors fandom.

Can you explain me why Twigbranch is so popular in English-speaking fandom.

Just interest. Thanks.