947 Replies to “Veil of Shadows Spoiler Page”

1. Goldpelt286
    February 17, 2020 at 5:29 pm

hmmm… i dunno about him forgiving Squirrel because Ashfur didn’t even try talking to Squirrelflight in StarClan and he just looked at her and left…… I really think the dude didn’t forgive her but just Holly

• Lionblazefury
      February 29, 2020 at 1:33 am

Have any of you guys thought about Rock? If you remember back to the omen of the stars and to when Rock ended blaming Jayfeather, Lionblaze, and Dovewing for the dark forest rising,(if they had never been born then they never would’ve). I believe he is seeking vengeance as he blames Leafpool for their death but since she isn’t alive, the next best bet is to punish him everyone who was a part of the incident + a few more cats. It’s weird how the whole of the tribe of Endless Hunting have gone silent and that the only cat with a huge motive towards harming the clans is Rock.

2. mellowix
    February 20, 2020 at 10:54 pm

One aspect of the Imposter I think is often overlooked, is that; if it’s one ghost, how can they silence Starclan, a group of thousands of spirits? So immediately, I believe we can scratch off Sol, since he’s always acts alone. It’s my guess, that the Imposter has a lot of allies, who can rival Starclan’s numbers.

Going by this logic, I doubt it would be solely Ashfur. as the rest of Starclan, even the wicked ones, wouldn’t care for his single minded goals of hurting Squirrelflight. It couldn’t be Starclan Civil War, either as the Imposter is shown to be two-faced when it comes to his Codebreaker message – Which he wouldn’t be if he was a genuinely frustrated Starclan cat wanting to reinforce the justice system.

No, I think it’s outside force from Starclan. Since the Dark forest has been defeated and confirmed crumbling in the Squirrelflight’s Hope, they don’t have the resources necessary. If they couldn’t silence Starclan in the Great Battle, they wouldn’t be able to achieve it in a second attempt, with vastly diminished numbers. Next, all the Dark forest cats shown to survive: Mapleshade, Thistleclaw, Darkstripe etc. are too old to have known Squirrelflight in life, while the Imposter seemed to have: “It’s good to see you haven’t lost your fire, Squirrelflight, it reminds me of the old days. You used to stand up to me then too.”

So that likely leaves us with a non-Clan afterlife, motived to get revenge on the Clans. The Main Three I can think of: The Sisters, Bloodclan and the Tribe of Rushing Water. Already we knock one off this list, Bloodclan. Since they was disbanded before Squirrelflight’s birth, none of their members would have interacted with her. This includs Scourge and Bone, the only recognisable members from the main series. From a Writing Standpoint, I don’t believe the authors would use villains who haven’t been relevant for 15 years.

Moving onto the Sisters, they have the necessary motive, since the Five Clans drove them out of their land, leading to the death of their
    leader and endangerment of their kits. Another factor going in the favour is plot relevance, since Squirrelflight’s Hope came out in 2019 and is chronologically just before Broken Code Arc on the Timeline. However a critical detail we’re missing, are actual toms that can be Imposter. We only have: Creek, Grass and Stone – All of them are too minor to be realistically buffed up to Villains. Most of the fans wouldn’t know who the Imposter is, if it was revealed to be one of those three.

So that’s just gives us, the Tribe of Rushing Water. The Main characters have travelled to them for 3 Arcs and 1 Novella – So every fan would know who they are. The most recent Super Edition, Greystripe’s Vow has this description:” Leaving ThunderClan behind in hopes of finding an answer that might save it.” – The only question is, where? Which outside group could Greystripe travel to, other than his Stormfur’s home? Specially since Stormfur was shown to have a another litter in Tawnypelt’s Clan.

They also have the necessary motive since the Clans are constantly visiting them uninvited and seemly trying to undermine their Culture. Since the Imposter is so bluntly hypocritical with his Codebreaker message: It’s either an overly elaborate cover up for their own personal goals. Or they’re purposefully setting up a Clan Civil War. If the Imposter was a Tribe member, this would be the perfect way to get revenge. Making the Clans question their own Society Structure, when they tried to do the same with the Tribe’s customs.

Ok, let’s sum up what we know about the Imposter: It’a tom, has an interest in herbs, don’t know their way round Thunderclan’s Lake camp and they were alive in Squirrelflight’s lifetime but don’t know the younger generations like Dewnose. Then with all the reviewed evidence; they’re most likely from the Tribe of Rushing Water and have many allies to overpower Starclan.

There’s only one character I believe fits the description: Stoneteller, from the New Prophecy to Omen of the Stars.

His rank is combination of a Leader and Medicine cat, meaning he’d have deep herb knowledge. He’s proven his villainous side: In New Prophecy, he kidnapped the Clan cats and exiled 6 of his Tribemates until they killed Sharptooth, threatening to execute them if they returned unsuccessful. Then in the Power of Three, he exiled Brook and Stormfur for their failed plan of fighting the Rouges. In Omen of the Stars, he refused to name an heir despite dying, knowing it would destabilize the whole Tribe.

Out of the candidates presented for the Imposter’s identity, he has the most connections to the listed Codebreakers. The Four cats left from the Great Journey, were targeted by the Imposter in some way: Bramblestar was possessed, Squirrelflight was bullied/exiled, Crowfeather was listed as a public enemy and Tawnypelt’s grandson is brainwashed/murdered. (Who himself is a Tribe Visitor in Tawnypelt’s Clan)

Other named Codebreakers like Lionblaze and Jayfeather, visited the Tribe themselves, with the Medicine cat even picking Stoneteller’s heir.

Sure the Stoneteller doesn’t know: Twigbranch, Mothwing, Tree and Dovewing – However, no candidate for the Imposter can have personal links to every cat listed, even popular choices like Ashfur. They’re just a decoys in the Codebreaker cover up for the Imposter’s larger plan. However out of everyone, I think Stoneteller has the most connections.

- Mellowix

3. falconpaw
    February 21, 2020 at 7:14 pm

Plus, Birchfall is Ashfur’s nephew.

4. February 21, 2020 at 7:21 pm

Here’s what I want to happen in this series
    Thunderclan:

I know people want a Squirrelstar, but I’d rather her have like two more kits but the plot twist is she doesn’t know if there fake brambles or real, technically they are in the same body but still different cats, and then fake bramble tries to kill them but Squirrelflight kills him but is so distraught that when her kits are apprentices she moves on to the elders den.
    I want Sorrelstripe, Leafshade, Berrynose, Bumblestripe, Shellfur, Eaglewing, Brackenfur, Thornclaw, Graystripe, Mousewhisker, to die if theres a battle, I know some of these warriors are young but not every warrior gets to live a long life.
    Whitewing and Birchfall to move to the elders den
    Hope that Squirrelflights kits are names Meadowkit and Gladekit. Next series I want Cherryfall, Hollytuft, and Honeyfur, and maybe Spotfur to become queens, and the apprentices warrior names are Finchwhisper, Flamedusk, Baysplash, and Myrtleflower. And I really want the rule to change where cats can name their kit moon because I think Hollytuft could have a daughter named Moonpetal! I want a Lionstar and Rosepetal as deputy! And I want Cherryfall to have a white kitten!

Skyclan:
    Leafstar, Pigeonfoot, Mintfur, Nettlesplash, and Macgyver, and Fallowfern to die
    Hawkwing to become Hawkstar and Dewspring to be his deputy
    Cloudmist to be mentioned in the allegiances,
    I want Bristlefrost to move to Skyclan and have kits with Rootspring, but not in this series because there too young, kit names like Mintkit, Tanseykit, and Oakkit? I want a Fawnpaw, Squirrelpaw, and Acornpaw to be apprentices for the next series
    Lastly, Blossomheart to have kits because she’s amazing and maybe have kits with Dewspring because he’s amazing too!

Shadowclan:
    I want Flowerstem, Frondwhisker, Conefoot, Spireclaw, and Oakfur to die.
    Snowbird, Scorchfur, and Tawneypelt to become elders
    Snaketooth to have kits with Strikestone
    And Pouncestep and Lightleap, get more book time because I love them! Aslo Iv’e never gotten Lightleaps names? I think it would’ve made more sense if she was like very pale gray but I guess they need a brown tabby in the litter.

Riverclan:
    Mistystar, Reedwhisker, Mothwing, and Mosspelt to die
    Mallownose and Duskfur to become elders
    Shimmerstar as leader and Sneezecloud as deputy
    To find out the descriptions of Curlfeathers kits, see them as Graykit, dark gray tom with golden eyes, Mistkit, pale gray she-cat with blue eyes, and Frostkit, white she-kit with cloudy gray ears and blue eyes
    next series maybe have Willowshine get an apprentice named Featherpaw
    Brackenpelt and Podlight to have kits Sunpaw, Streampaw, and Poppypaw

Windclan:
    Crowfeather, Nightcloud, Leaftail, and gorsetail to die
    Deputy to be Emberfoot
    Harestar and Larkwing to have kits

• Mouseheart
      February 23, 2020 at 1:52 am

I think the cat who attacks Shadowsight is Hawkheart. And also if the smell of mint was strong then the attacker must have been hiding the scent of death. Of course Hawkheart would know that because he is a medicine cat.

• Spinestar
        February 23, 2020 at 10:51 am

Have you read the VOS sample yet? It makes it really obvious it’s Ashfurstar who killed it at least attacked him

• Spinestar
      February 23, 2020 at 10:55 am

Ashfur sucks at giving warrior names, so I am not keeping my hopes up for the future TC warrior ceremonies.

Hawkstar won’t exactly happen with StarClan’s absence, hopefully that becomes a side plot in TBC, as Leafstar will totally die in this arc, hopefully in VOS battle

5. Rhiannon
    February 24, 2020 at 9:15 pm

Okay, so I feel like the imposter is probably Sol. Sol tried to destroy Shadowclan by having the code revoked and having them not believing in Starclan remember? The imposter seems obsessed with the code but really isn’t because he keeps breaking it. There’s also the fact that Sol has yellow eyes like the imposter does on the cover of the book. Sol has tried to control and destroy the clans multiple times, he tried using The Three for their powers to control the clans. He also was training Windclan in the tunnels. Sol became obsessed with destroying the clans after being exiled from Skyclan. How do we know he didn’t die? We don’t know where he went after Hollyleaf almost killed him. At the prologue in the sample of Veil of Shadows, Spiresight is a ghost after he died. So if cats who don’t believe in Starclan become ghosts, Sol could be too because he died. His spirit came back to the clans, and he manipulated Shadowpaw into killing Bramblestar so he could possess him and destroy the clans from the inside.

• Goldpelt286
      February 25, 2020 at 12:45 am

Umm the imposter has to look like Bramblestar so of course he’d have yellow eyes because Brambly has yellow eyes… 🙂

• Rhiannon
        February 25, 2020 at 4:14 pm

Obviously, but on the cover of VOS you see the imposter having glowing yellow eyes. Just like how the voice can change, on the imposter like when Bristlefrost heard him getting angry with Squirrelflight, the eyes can probably show signs of possession as well. It’s just a theory on the eyes, but even if I’m wrong about that I still feel that the imposter is probably Sol other than Ashfur.

6. February 25, 2020 at 3:48 pm

Hello again, i’m back! What do you guys think happened to Shadowsight? I know he got attacked, but do you think he will live or die? Sadly, I think he will die. As we noticed in the prologue and at the last chapter in The Silent Thaw, it seemed like the attacker pretty much killed him, and probably Shadowsight will be found only in the morning. How much blood would he lose? A lot. I really don’t want him to die, but maybe there’s a chance he won’t die? I don’t know. What do you think?

• Thornheart
      February 25, 2020 at 9:12 pm

I’ll be very surprised if he dies and I’ll be sad. I think he’s probably hurt really bad, but I don’t think he’s dead. However, Flametails death really surprised me so there’s honestly no telling. I feel like Shadowsight has an important role in this series because of his visions. If he is dead, maybe he has a role to play in bringing StarClan back from the other side? I wonder who attacked him. Was it the imposter or was it Berrynose? If it was Berrynose, do you think he’ll be majorly punished whenever the clans find out about the imposter?

• February 29, 2020 at 8:11 pm

If Berrynose attacked Shadowsight, I don’t think much would happen. I mean, if he got found and Bramblestar’s Impostor was still there, he would probably lie that he will do something but don’t do anything, since Berrynose is his deputy. Besides, in the samples of Veil of Shadows, I think we saw FakeBramblestar and Berrynose coming in the camp bleeding, with the scent of mint of them (that’s what i remember)

7. Pouncepelt
    February 25, 2020 at 11:19 pm

I just re-read Squirrelflights Hope. In that Hollyleaf tells Jayfeather in a vision: “Clouds from the mountains will make it difficult to tell friend from enemy. But if the Clans stay united, the way forward will be clear”. I assume that this refers to the Tribe of endless hunting and the broken contact with Starclan. Does this also mean that the possessor is coming from the Tribe of Endless hunting (as Mellomix suggests)? Not sure. I rather think that the Clans might be dealing with more than one problem in that some evil Starclan or Dark Forest cat is taking advantage of the broken connection with Starclan to cause trouble amongst the Clans.

• Purple Dusk
      February 28, 2020 at 9:46 pm

There is too much going on for there to be just one cat causing problems.
      So yes, I agree.

Purple Dusk

8. Sundance
    February 28, 2020 at 11:12 pm

A new preview of VOS has come out, longer than the last! 👀 and things are getting gooood:

• February 29, 2020 at 12:10 am

Thank you so much sundance.

• Riverheart
      February 29, 2020 at 12:46 pm

Where did you find this?

• Meowz
      March 1, 2020 at 2:35 pm

Omg I thought it said Shadowsight on the first page of the prologue and practically fainted….
      Just read the part where he does die….

• Loneheart 🌠
      March 3, 2020 at 4:05 am

Shadowsight!!! Jaybe!!!!!!!

Slytherin That I Am

9. February 29, 2020 at 8:15 pm

Oh my god 😮
    Thank you, thank you!

10. February 29, 2020 at 8:18 pm

So, alot of you guys are saying that it’s Ashfur who’s possesing Bramblestar, because in The Silent Thaw FakeBramblestar said ”You haven’t lost your fire, Squirrelflight.” And blahblah
    Well, I can defend Ashfur

1) It might be Sol.
    When Sol left, he vowed revenge, and he surely doesn’t know the young warriors. Darktail would kinda know them (okay, not really), and i’m pretty sure Ashfur watched over them from StarClan. Maybe Squirrelflight sometimes defended Sol? I know it’s not in the books, but off-pages, when we weren’t seeing either her or Sol. That’s possible

2) Whoever is possesing Bramblestar lied.
    Maybe whoever possesed him thought that Squirrelflight was a little foolish and decided to trick her mind, and I mean by telling that she hasn’t lost her fire, just to trick with her mind. And maybe he was so close to her because she was his deputy and thought, maybe not knowing, that Bramblestar and Squirrelflight had a close relationship, since they were leader and deputy, and decided to stay close to her.
    Cats who i think might posses Bramblestar, apart from Ashfur:
    -Sol
    -Darktail
    -Other Dark Forest cats who are toms and did not fade away in The Last Hope or before that
    What do y’all think?

11. Meowz
    March 1, 2020 at 2:31 pm

I had this weird fanfic for veil of shadows where the code breakers make Codeclan, in unknown territory behind Skyclan. If you like the idea, plz help me with more of the plot!

• Pickle
      March 20, 2020 at 7:55 pm

That’s a pretty cool idea. I think it would probably be a lot like what ShadowClan is doing letting by letting Squirrelflight stay with them. Maybe instead of going to ShadowClan, Squirrelflight makes a makeshift camp in unknown territory behind SkyClan and then when other cats are exiled, they go there as well.

So here’s a random plot that could work:

-Squirrelflight finds some land far enough from the Clans that she won’t be found. She sets up camp there.
      -Dovewing leaves for her exile. She luckily goes near where Squirrelflight is. Squirrelflight attacks her at first, but then realizes who she is and stops. They both stay in the camp that Squirrelflight made.
      -Bristlefrost learns of this, and when Lionblaze, Jayfeather, and Twigbranch are exiled, she takes them to Squirrelflight and Dovewing instead of ShadowClan like she does in the books.
      -At an anti-Fakestar meeting Bristlefrost reveals to the codebreakers where Squirrelflight, Dovewing, Lionblaze, Jayfeather, and Twigbranch are. They stay in their Clans for now, but if/when they are exiled, they go to where Bristlefrost said.
      -Now that Crowfeather, Mothwing, and Tree have joined them, they have eight cats in total.
      -Since Squirrelflight is the oldest of them (or second oldest, idk how old Crowfeather is), she is the leader.
      -Things in the Clans get worse, with extra strict rules, and more cats get exiled. By this point, nearly every cat who doesn’t believe Fakestar knows about the group of exiled cats. Some of them get exiled for little things, and they join Squirrelflight’s group.
      -With around 20 cats, this group is more like a Clan. They call themselves CodeClan just to spite Fakestar. They prepare for a battle against him.
      -Bristlefrost is found out by Fakestar and he nearly kills her but she manages to escape and joins CodeClan. She tells them that things have gotten so bad back in ThunderClan that any cat who defies Fakestar gets killed. She also tells them who has been killed so far. (This is also a great way to bring ThunderClan’s population back down since right now they have like 50 cats) Among the ones who have been killed could probably be some of the elders (Maybe Graystripe and Brackenfur) and some cats who are close to the ones who have been exiled (Sparkpelt maybe? Also possibly Finleap and some of Lionblaze’s kits (Sorrelstripe and Spotfur maybe)).
      -This is the last straw for them and they go into a great battle with Fakestar and all the ThunderClan cats who are loyal to him. They also send a cat or two to WindClan, RiverClan, SkyClan, and ShadowClan, asking if they will help.
      -Fakestar is surprised by this sudden attack, he didn’t know that the exiled cats had banded together like this. Tigerstar and Fakestar have an epic fight, ending with each of them losing a life. Bramblestar is finally able to return to his body and the identity of the impostor is revealed.
      -Major revisions are made to the warrior and medicine cat codes, and everyone tries to cope with the loss of their friends and family in the great battle.

That’s all I got for now. Also, I’m not sure if this is the direction you were planning on having the story go? Did you want them to literally become their own Clan, or to just band together to stop Fakestar?

12. violetshine
    March 2, 2020 at 3:07 am

preview is out on harper collins!

violetshine is queen 👑

• Laurelclaw
      March 2, 2020 at 7:27 pm

I find interesting to see that Thunderclan is becoming the antagonist but Shadowclan is on the good side… It’s kind of an unique perspective

13. Rootpaw all the way
    March 2, 2020 at 6:10 pm

I hope Fake Bramblestar doesn’t find out that the “Codebreakers” are in Shadowclan. He might get even worse.

• Pouncepelt
      March 2, 2020 at 9:02 pm

He might even start a war… We know there is a big battle to come! I guess it will be Shadowclan and the exiles plus the more open minded Skyclan against Thunderclan and the other two more traditional clans.