156 Replies to “Veil of Shadows Spoiler Page”

1. food that lands with a splat on a table
    November 17, 2019 at 12:33 am

Also who is Shadowsight? Is it Shadowpaws warrior name???

mountains of whipped cream!

2. Firespark
    November 17, 2019 at 6:04 pm

Who do you think will be the next leader of ThunderClan?

If Berrystar will happen now, that would be terrible. But I really don’t think we have better options than Squirrelflight. Some want Ivystar and I do think she’ll do great, I really love her in the last couple of books! Lionstar, I don’t know, I do think he became more mature, but leader? I don’t want a Rosestar, she just … I dunno, I can’t see her as een leader. Finleap en Twigbranch are too young and Spotstar of Stemstar really shouldn’t happen. After the last book I do NOT want a Bumblestar, I just hate him too much now. Birchfall, Whitewing, Thornclaw, Mousewhisker and Poppyfrost are also not the best options. Bristlefrost? No she too is still really young, so Thriftear and Flipclaw are also no options. Lilyheart, Cinderheart, Cherryfall, Dewnose, Leafshade, Hollythuft, Honeyfur, Stormcloud, Sparkpelt, Blossomfall, Sorrelstripe, Plumstone, Flywhisker, Snaptooth and Fernsong, also just no. There too sweet, too inexperienced or just driven too much into the background. I know Eaglewing is too, but he sometimes makes an appearance and Eaglestar has a nice ring to it. I also think Molewhisker could handle it. He is calm and not aggressive. I personally just don’t really like him, but he would be good. It’s too bad Squirrelflight is too old, otherwise I would have preferred a Squirrelstar above all. Now I just hope they’ll give me a Crowstar (after reading Crowfeather’s Trial I really like him) and that Leafstar, Mistystar and Reedwhisker just die. All of them are too old!

• Batchaser
      November 19, 2019 at 5:49 am

I hope Squirrelflight doesn’t become leader. Yes, after all she’s gone through she deserves it and would make a good leader, her life has been sad and most of the cats she loves will be dead.
      Personally, I think Ivypool. She’s grown tremendously as a character and from what we’ve seen she’s brave, considerate, and guided her apprentices and kits well. She’s also relevant, like other leaders (excluding Harestar), and she’s not too old yet. Until recent books I actually didn’t like her aha.
      Maybe Whitewing, but I’ve forgotten a lot about how she acts. Also, her age is coming to bite her.

• Red
      November 20, 2019 at 4:29 am

Take no offense, but just because a cat is too old doesn’t mean they should die, mistystar, bramblestar, reedwhisker, and crowfeather are some of the last remains of the cats from the forest territories, and also if a cat is almost an elder that absolutely does not mean they should not become leader, especially because they are some of the most experienced, (if jayfeather would have ever become jaystar I would be so happy lol)

• November 21, 2019 at 12:53 am

I personally wouldn’t like Ivystar mainly because I don’t like her, but I have other reasons:

– Whenever a cat becomes leader, they seem to lose all of their personality prior (if they had one to begin with) and become a plot device, either to be a hurdle for the protagonist or to move the plot forwards.
      – Ivypool hardly has a personality. I know people will disagree with me but most of her character revolves around Dovewing. That’s it. She just started getting some personality in AVoS, but of course most of that revolved around fighting with Dovewing or giving her the cold shoulder for no good reason. At least Bramblestar had something prior to becoming leader.
      – Ivystar would not work well with Tigerheartstar. She’d likely pick fights with him over trivial things, we know she does not like him at all. This does not mean that peace will stick with the Clans if she hates his guts.

And honestly I’d rather a younger cat be leader because most cats born in TPB, TNP, and POT (Ivypool and Dovewing being born in the latter) should be dead by now or at least retired. They’ll just have the same problem as Mistystar, Reedwhisker, Mothwing, and Kestrelflight.

💖 Serenade Ship Captain 💖

3. Firespark
    November 17, 2019 at 6:12 pm

I love how this series is all about the main characters of the series that came before. I really hope Dovewing dies (as a hero). Kestrelflight should also die or get an apprentice. And I just want the main characters of the other series to suffer, just so we can see more of them! And it would be a great way to kill them instead of letting them live forever. I hope Mothwing will steal the show somewhere or Daisy, since she’s getting her own novella. And please, kill some more cats, there are just too many now!

But I love how the books both ended with cliffhangers, it is so awesome! Great job, Kate and the rest of the Erin Hunter-team! I like the adventures in The Broken Code so much!

4. November 17, 2019 at 7:26 pm

What do you guys think Needlepaw’s warrior name will be? I really hope it will be Needleheart, i just think it suits her, and i really like it! I think it sounds pretty

• November 18, 2019 at 10:46 am

Needlebranch maybe, after Twigbranch? 😛

Vouch for Sandy & Crystie!

• Sparkfire
      November 18, 2019 at 7:57 pm

Neeldelight? After Moonlight maybe, but I hope it will be Neeldeheart, too. It does sound very pretty!

• November 19, 2019 at 1:31 am

Needleclaw, I think!

Vouch 4 the Viper

• Batchaser
      November 19, 2019 at 5:50 am

Needleshine! After both her mother and grandmother. It also suits her well 🙂

• November 20, 2019 at 2:42 pm

I’d prefer Needleclaw since Rootpaw is being Rootspring. It’d be cute to see them both be named after their mentors. But I would like to see Needletalon, Needlefang, or Needleflight.

💖 Serenade Ship Captain 💖

• Eggheart
      November 20, 2019 at 11:18 pm

I was thinking Needlefall or Needlebreeze

• Tuliptalon
        November 21, 2019 at 3:27 am

Needlespark, Needlesong, or Needlerunner.

Ridin shotgun under a hot sun

5. Thorn
    November 18, 2019 at 12:16 am

TST was awesome Kate. And much appreciation for getting some of the new TC involved (Stem and Spot). I am ready for more.
    Also i felt Bumblestripe was acting a bit out of character this the book? He’s never really been the aggressive type to get into conflict with others. Was this intentional?

• A Kate for All Seasons
      November 18, 2019 at 1:36 pm

🙂
      I like his character development. He’s older now and more assertive…

BlogTeam Administrator, Leader

6. November 18, 2019 at 10:44 am

Kate, can you pleaseeeeeee tell us the name of Broken Code 4? Pretty please? 😛

Vouch for Sandy & Crystie!

7. Maplespark
    November 19, 2019 at 1:54 pm

Heii Kate: What would you think of a story of a season or a book that takes place after the 5th season and would show the rest of life, families and development of the character of the 5th season? For example the life after the 5th season from Sparrow Fur!

Personally I would find it extremely exciting and sweet. In general I think books are really cool in which you don’t know most of the characters and only some of them. Like it was with Bluestar, Tallstar, Yellowfang and Creekstar.

• A Kate for All Seasons
      November 20, 2019 at 12:31 pm

Going back and changing the past might impact the future…although I agree, it would be sweet.

BlogTeam Administrator, Leader

8. Harestep
    November 19, 2019 at 6:38 pm

Kate, which Clan will Super Edition 13 focus on?

• A Kate for All Seasons
      November 20, 2019 at 12:26 pm

I don’t know yet

BlogTeam Administrator, Leader

9. Shadowy Clo who will try to be spooky
    November 20, 2019 at 12:35 am

Okay so, when does this book come out? I…. can’t wait for much more then two minutes 😛 I just finished TST and i realized i’ll probably have to wait for the next book for a whiiiile 😌

Ask me to draw your purrsona

10. food that lands with a splat on a table
    November 20, 2019 at 7:37 am

That cover art is beautiful! Great job whoever did this! Those whiskers look so realistic! 😀

mountains of whipped cream!

11. Spinestar
    November 20, 2019 at 7:02 pm

Kate, which leader(s) can you see expiring by the end of TBC?

• A Kate for All Seasons
      November 22, 2019 at 11:50 am

All of them and none of them 🙂

BlogTeam Administrator, Leader

12. Riverheart
    November 20, 2019 at 10:18 pm

Hey Kate out of the four ThunderClan apprentices who is your favorite?

• A Kate for All Seasons
      November 22, 2019 at 11:50 am

Which four?

BlogTeam Administrator, Leader

• Riverheart
        November 22, 2019 at 12:37 pm

Myrtlepaw, Baypaw, Finchpaw, and Flamepaw.

• A Kate for All Seasons
          November 25, 2019 at 11:34 am

Flamepaw so far, but it could change as the story unfolds…

BlogTeam Administrator, Leader

• Monkeyfur
            November 25, 2019 at 12:13 pm

OOO but we haven’t really seen the apprentices in thunderclan a lot yet.

Moky by Gold

13. November 21, 2019 at 12:47 am

Consider this: Daisy’s Kin is coming out eventually and it takes place between the end of Veil of Shadows and TBC#4. Daisy is Berrynose’s mother. Berrynose is deputy, and everybody knows how he’s acting as of late (to be fair, he has more reason to than Bumblestripe; Bramblestar is likely the only father figure he’s had and wants to impress him after being ignored for so long *coughhimnotgettinganapprenticeeventhoughhe’dbebetterthanSparkpeltwas*). What if in Daisy’s Kin, his mother calls him out for his behavior and leaves add more drama to the fire if Mousewhisker or Rosepetal (or one of his kits, I’d prefer Cherryfall to go ngl) dies because of Bramblestar? And he takes this personally, and he actually considers his actions as he notices the behavior of Fakebramble more and more. Another one of his kin dies, this time make it be one of his kits or if you really want to go there his mate. Maybe then he begins to realize that Bramblestar isn’t who he claims he is, and seeks out help. He finds Daisy, and they agree that Bramblestar isn’t acting right. They seek out the help of the resistance and Berrynose decides to use his position as deputy to the advantage of the resistance to spy on Bramble and figure out what is going on, and this especially depends on what happens to Bristlefrost in VoS (she could be exiled and they might need a new spy, or more spies). Berrynose helps them take down Bramblestar and helps rebuild ThunderClan.

TL;DR: A Berrynose redemption arc hinted by Daisy’s Kin. And it’s literally called Daisy’s Kin, which Berrynose is. I’d also find it interesting if something does in fact happen that is like this and also something that technically makes Berrynose still deputy and future leader of ThunderClan. I’d both love it and find it amusing if Berrystar happens by the end of the book because everyone seems to hate it lol

💖 Serenade Ship Captain 💖