A Theory on Littlecloud’s Father by Flamecloud

Art by NifySenpai

Flamecloud theorizes on who Littlecloud’s father is

Today, I shall try to shed some light on the possible parentage of one of Shadowclan’s medicine cats, Littlecloud.
The other day, I was paging through the Warriors Wiki as does when they are bored and also mildly obsessed with warrior cats, and I noticed something interesting about Littlecloud. His father, at this point in time, is unknown, although you do know his mother is a she cat named Newtspeck. And so, I decided to write this article about me trying to figure it out.
My first step was to try to figure out how when Littlecloud was born. I read through his Wiki page, and found that he was forced by Brokenstar to become an apprentice 3 moons early. Looking at https://warriors.fandom.com/wiki/Events_timeline, you can see that Brokenstar starts breaking the warrior code in the Leaffall of 1 YBF (One year before Firestar). If Littlecloud was 3 moons old then, he was likely born sometime during the Greenleaf of 1 YBF.
Second step was to figure out what toms would be alive to be Newtspeck’s mate at that time. Once you remove the elders (who are way older than her, ick), her brother (also ick), and cats with mates (because I like to believe they would all be faithful), here is the list of candidates:
Stonetooth
Archeye
Mousewing
Cloudpelt
Runningnose
Deerfoot
Brokenstar
Wolfstep
Boulder
Flintfang
Blackstar

It is very possible I lost some toms, but I think I got most of them. Then, I compared the toms colorings to Littlecloud and his littermate’s colorings.
Littlecloud: Very small brown tabby tom with light blue eyes
Wetfoot: Gray tabby tom
Brownpaw: Brown tom
Newtspeck is a black and ginger tabby, so Littlecloud and Webfoot’s tabby markings could come from her. There are no brown toms on the list, so Brownpaw’s coloring doesn’t really contribute. There are also many gray toms, so that doesn’t narrow it down much. So, I focussed on Littlecloud’s pretty eyes.
The only tom on this list who has blue eyes is Cloudpelt. Cloudpelt has absolutely no documented interaction with Newtspeck, but as far as I can tell all the books mention Newtspeck doing with any tom is going on patrols with them.
For those of you who haven’t read or have forgotten some of Yellowfang’s secret, here’s some background on Cloudpelt. He was a bit of a sickly kit, so he got to spend some quality time with Yellowfang. As an apprentice, he almost died when his patrol was ambushed by rogues. (More quality time with Yellowfang). He is a good cat, and honestly one of my favorite cats from Yellowfang’s secret. He was Raggedstar’s second deputy, as well as his apprentice. He died after a battle with rats, without officially ever having a mate. Officially.
“I guess that’s what it means to be a medicine cat. It must be tough, though. I’m really looking forward to having a mate and kits of my own.” Cloudpaw says to Yellowfang. So he did want kits. And here comes more about why Littlecloud might be his son, other than their shared eye color.
Cloudpelt had a sister, who died soon after being born. One thing about this sister is that she has a very similar description to Littlecloud. She was a pale brown tabby with blue eyes, something Littlecloud might have gotten due to a shared family tree. Another thing about this sister that I noticed was her name: Littlekit.
Cloudpelt would have died around the time his kits were born, and I’m not entirely sure if he would have gotten to meet them. However, either way, it would make sense that he might want to name one of them after his sister, especially if she looked like his kit.
One last thing I feel like it’s worthy to highlight is Littlecloud’s suffix. I find it a little unlikely that Brokenstar intentionally named Littlecloud after his rival, but anything’s possible.
Well, I hope you enjoyed this article! What did you think?

Fan Articles

Notify of
Blossomkit
Blossomkit
January 6, 2020 2:30 am

This is good! Had good points, maybe Cloudpelt is the father?

MeOw KeRcHoW

Flame with a Super Creative Halloween Name
Flame with a Super Creative Halloween Name
January 6, 2020 2:34 am

Hopefully I’m not the only one who remembers Cloudpelt 😛

The Earthliest Earthling

Turtlepaw/ dapple loves Graystripe.
Turtlepaw/ dapple loves Graystripe.
February 2, 2020 12:24 pm

Don’t worry, Flamecloud! I remember Cloudpelt too! He’s awesome!

crow ⦿ blackie ⦿ blackpaw/shade
crow ⦿ blackie ⦿ blackpaw/shade
January 6, 2020 2:42 am

woah i’ve never thought of this before flame 😀 amazing article

a wild comment appeared!

Purple Dusk
Purple Dusk
January 6, 2020 3:27 am

Well done Flamecloud!

Any love that can be given to Littlecloud and Cloudpelt should be shared.
They are both amazing cats, proof that not all of ShadowClan is evil.

Purple Dusk

The Raven does not celebrate Halloween so if you were expecting a new Halloweeny nickname then prepare to be disappointed (Raven || Ravenpaw/thorn)
January 6, 2020 4:26 am

noice

never ask 'who are you?'

🌸Blossompaw/fire15🔥
🌸Blossompaw/fire15🔥
January 6, 2020 9:11 pm

YES! PLEASE LET THE SWEET SPIRIT OF CLOUDPELT LIVE ON INTO HIS KITS!!!
He needed a mate and kits, he was the best character ever!!!😭
Great article, Flamecloud! I never thought Cloudpelt would be the father, I always thought it was Marmalade or whatever his name is. The ginger stray that I felt like had tension with Nettlespeck.

But this makes so much more sense!

Briarpaw, who- AHHH! LOOK OUT! SHE'S RIGHT BEHIND YOU!
Briarpaw, who- AHHH! LOOK OUT! SHE'S RIGHT BEHIND YOU!
January 8, 2020 9:47 pm

nice! Is it okay if I make an article similar to this? (Littlecloud not being the subject of it, of course)

I need to change my siggie

Flame with a Super Creative Halloween Name
Flame with a Super Creative Halloween Name
January 9, 2020 2:06 am

Yeah, go right ahead!

The Earthliest Earthling

αмвιxιε sнαℓт үεεт нεя ωαү тняσυgн cσяσηα ~sριяιткιт/sкү ~
αмвιxιε sнαℓт үεεт нεя ωαү тняσυgн cσяσηα ~sριяιткιт/sкү ~
January 12, 2020 9:41 am

this is amaziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing
well done Flame! Cloudpelt is a good choice, although Littlecould, Wetfoot and Brownpaw are NOT white, but it is a possibility!

~ σк вσσмєя σк вσσмєя ~

Littlefang
Littlefang
January 16, 2020 1:55 am

For me, Littlecloud is my favorite character in the whole series. I think Cloudpelt is a great choice, but maybe not when Yellowfang was interested in his personality and was quite close to her. I’m not saying they loved each other, but I think they knew each other well enough that Yellowfang would’ve mentioned it. Yet, besides for that, I think he is a great match

Still heir to the hare throne

Moondapple
Moondapple
January 25, 2020 4:06 pm

I found it so ironic that Cloudpelt’s little sister was named Littlekit, it’s so cute that Cloudpelt might have named Littlecloud after his sister 💗💗

dingus bloodclan cat

Turtlepaw/ dapple loves Graystripe.
Turtlepaw/ dapple loves Graystripe.
February 2, 2020 12:19 pm

Awesome article, Flamecloud! Cloudpelt and Littlecloud are both super cool!

~Dewy~Dewfeather~Dew on Eagles Feather~
~Dewy~Dewfeather~Dew on Eagles Feather~
February 15, 2020 2:08 am

I think it could be cloudpelt or maybe Stonetooth, Stonetooth is very much like Wetfoot, put them side by side they look almost undistinguishable. Though it could be cloudpelt…

Dead cats never die

Flame with a Super Creative Halloween Name
Flame with a Super Creative Halloween Name
June 8, 2020 2:03 am

True, he does look like Webfoot, but Stonetooth is a bit too old I think. He was deputy before Raggedpelt, and Littlecloud wasn’t born until 2 years after Raggedpelt became deputy (if you look at the timeline on the wiki, that is https://warriors.fandom.com/wiki/Events_timeline), meaning that Stonetooth would have been an elder when Littlecloud was born.

The Earthliest Earthling

• Where-am-I by Shiningpaw(pool)
  • Snowbranch