The Top 5 Underrated Warrior Cats by Feathermoon

Feathermoon puts the spotlight on some underrated characters from the series.

Art by Warrior-Junkie

Hey everybody! For meh second article, I am writing about underrated warrior cats, just to give some ideas on favorite warrior cats. Enjoy!

#1 Badgerfang
Badgerfang is literally the youngest warrior, he is actually 4 moons old. He was apprenticed under Brokenstar’s rule, and forced to fight. In his dying moment, his mentor, Flintfang, allowed him to choose his warrior name. Badgerpaw chose Badgerfang, in honor of his loving mentor. He really is underrated and he deserved better.

#2 Brambleberry
I think that Brambleberry is a very good medicine cat, and she doesn’t get as much credit as she deserves. When Crookedkit broke his jaw, Brambleberry healed him, and his heart after Rainflower rejected him. I realized this when I saw the MAP (Multiple Animator Project), We’re Just Human. Brambleberry was like a second mom to him, although biologically his mother is Rainflower. Brambleberry truly deserves so much more love and attention, because she served her clan well, and healed, and defended Crookedstar when his mother was evil to him.

#3 Goosefeather
I know, I know, Goosefeather doesn’t have much of a good reputation, but he truly is good. Although he does go a little insane and caused his sister’s death, he was traumatized by visions of future prophecies. He never wanted to be a medicine cat, but was destined to. I guess I put him on this list because I felt bad for him, but really, he tried his best at life.

#4 Sunfall/star
I think Sunfall is WAY underrated. He loved Moonflower, and her kits, Bluestar and Snowfur, even more than their own father. He was like Bluestar’s real dad, and supported her after Moonflower’s death. I support the ship Sun X Moon, because Sunfall truly loved her. I do question it because Moonflower might not have loved him, but I think she did. Sunfall needs more love and credit.

#5 Mapleshade
You’re probably thinking, why Mapleshade, she killed, like, 3 cats? First of all, Mapleshade was AVENGING the death of her kits caused by those three cats, Appledusk, Frecklewish, and Ravenwing. She was also tossed out of ThunderClan while she was nursing her kits! It was those 3 cats’ fault she became evil, and Oakstar’s! He was the one who banished her, with his daughter, Frecklewish’s encouragement. Mapleshade is thought to be evil and a horrible cat by many, but really it wasn’t her fault!!

Those 5 cats, in my opinion, are the most underrated and unappreciated. Have a very good day!! and
‘EAT! SLEEP! WARRIORS! REPEAT!
( ⓛ ω ⓛ *)( ⓛ ω ⓛ *)( ⓛ ω ⓛ *)

Fan Articles

Notify of
Briarpaw
Briarpaw
February 25, 2020 1:06 am

good job, I agree!

Night-tail
Night-tail
February 25, 2020 6:31 am

Hey, um, I think Appledusk was the only one of those three who deserved starclan. He was a little harsh, but he really loved Mapleshade. He started mating Reedshine so nobody would suspect anything! He was clearly upset when the kits died because Mapleshade tried crossing a flooded river, and he did yell at her for it. He was sorry to Reedshine because he took advantage of her. He ended up mating Reedshine because Mapleshade caused her kit’s deaths. Clearly, it is neither of their faults. Oakstar should have died and sent to dark forest. They should make up.

Night-tail

Night-tail
Night-tail
February 25, 2020 6:34 am
Reply to  Night-tail

Mapleshade is a great character! My fan fiction has to do with her!

Night-tail

Seti is now Bee! (Beepaw, formerly Sunsetpaw)
Seti is now Bee! (Beepaw, formerly Sunsetpaw)
February 25, 2020 1:34 pm

My opinions:
1) I do like Badgerfang, not one of my favorite characters in the whole world
2) YAS!!!!! BRAMBLEBERRY!
3) Goosefeather isn’t the best in the world, buuuut I do forgive him
4) Sunstar is honestly one of my favorite leaders.
5) Mapleshade isn’t great, but I slightly get her actions.
Good arcticle!

Hi.....

Turtlepaw/ dapple
Turtlepaw/ dapple
February 25, 2020 3:00 pm

Badgerfang is AWESOME, Brambleberry deserves a medal, Goosefeather’s nice, SunXMoon forever, and YES MAPLESHADE ROCKS! Good job, Feathermoon.

Minty's Back (To School) `Mintkit/rose`
Minty's Back (To School) `Mintkit/rose`
February 25, 2020 5:35 pm

My opinions on this article:
Badgerfang:Totally underrated, I feel bad for how he died. He was a KIT!
Brambleberry: I haven’t read Crookedstar’s Promise, but she sounds cool.
Goosefeather: Haven’t read his novella but I LOVE his name. (Because geese are the best animals after cats)
Sunfall/star: He should have had much more storyline and maybe a novella or a super edition? I’m a Sun x Moon shipper too!
Mapleshade: She was a little bit bloodthirsty, but I get her. Your kits dying because Oakstar is mouse-brained must be horrible.

*awkward silence*

mellowix
mellowix
February 25, 2020 9:17 pm

There’s a lot evidence to point Goosefeather of being the opposite of what fandom commonly interpret him as:

He makes up omens just to impress some kits, not thinking of the risks:
Bluekit: “What sort of signs?”
Goosefeather: *Shrugs* “The clouds for example. I can tell just by looking that StarClan sees kits hurrying toward becoming ’paws.”
Adderfang: *Speaks archly* “Another prophecy?”
Snowkit: “Kits becoming ’paws? Does that mean us?”
Goosefeather: “It might.”
Adderfang: *Snorts and pads away*

He’s lazy: Mumblefoot:”What herb was he supposedly collecting this morning?Well, I saw him sunning himself by the Owl Tree, fast asleep. His snoring was scaring the prey.” – Bluestar’s Prophecy

He abandoned Leopardfoot’s almost fatal birth: 1) “Goosefeather appeared from the gorse tunnel and padded straight to his den. He didn’t even stop to ask how Leopardfoot was. Bluefur pressed back the urge to rake his muzzle with her claws. He’s supposed to be the Clan medicine cat, for StarClan’s sake!” – Bluestar’s Prophecy

2) “Goosefeather had started sifting through the fresh-kill pile, scowling and muttering to himself. Pinestar’s heart started to pound. Was he looking for omens to mark the birth of the new kits? The day dragged on. Goosefeather stopped fiddling with the fresh-kill pile and limped out of the camp.” – Pinestar’ Choose

He slept while Spottedpaw needed treatment: Featherwhisker mewed. “Let’s get you into my den so we can find something to help with the pain.” […] Every part of Spottedpaw’s body was aching, even her ears and her teeth. […] Goosefeather was dozing in his nest. He briefly looked up at the new arrivals, then lay down again with a grunt.

He knew about Thistleclaw’s and Spottedpaw’s inappropriate relationship. Yet never bother to warn when she panicky questioned him or reported it: “Your heart is blind, Spottedpaw,” he murmured, so quietly she could hardly hear. “That’s a lesson you will never learn.”
“What are you talking about? What lesson?” Spottedpaw spoke sharply, feeling a jolt of panic rise inside her. Goosefeather let out a faint snore.

He falsely and carelessly accused Stormtail of murder, never withdrawing it for all his life; “Don’t be so absurd!” Stormtail meowed. “I
ran to fetch help!” “You brought it to me deliberately! If I had died, my blood would be on your paws! Moonpaw saved my life!”

He made regular trips to the Dark Forest for no reason, and did nothing to warn the Trainees. Including Crookedjaw, the young cat’s life he ruined: Goosefeather stood his ground. “Is this the newcomer?” His growl was rasping and deep. Crookedpaw stared at Mapleshade. “Is Goosefeather dead?” “Are you?” Mapleshade replied. “I—I guess not.” Crookedpaw peered past her but the old medicine cat had disappeared.

He pressured Bluefur to give up her kits, surprised the whole litter wasn’t dead and didn’t care about Mosskit’s death:
“The kits were your choice,” Goosefeather pointed out. “StarClan made no provision for them.”
“StarClan made me sacrifice everything I loved.” Bitterness rose like bile in her throat. “My kits—”
Goosefeather cut her off. “They’re alive, aren’t they?”- “Not Mosskit.” – “StarClan will honor her loss.” -“What about my loss?” -“It is small compared with the fate of your Clan.”

He had no remorse for Moonflower’s death:
His first words after his sister body in dumped in front of him: “I was only interpreting the signs from StarClan,” Goosefeather defended himself *calmly*.
In Ultimate Guide: “Goosefeather was unrepentant, insisting that his omens were correct.” –

He lazily ordered Pinestar to murder his infant son, not bothering to come up with any less extreme alternative, instantly leaving:
“Kill him! It is the only way to save your Clan!” Pinestar flung off the unseen paws and leaped to his feet. “I cannot kill my own son!” The mist and the mountaintop vanished. He was standing in his den, shreds of moss clinging to his fur, his flanks heaving. Goosefeather’s face appeared in the entrance. “Having a bad dream, were you?” he rasped. His watery blue eyes seemed to look right through Pinestar and see into his mind. “It doesn’t matter,” Pinestar mewed, shaking off the leaf dust and trying to tidy his nest.
“Oh, I think it does,” growled Goosefeather, taking a step into the den. “Sweetpaw is dead.”
Pinestar blinked. “But . . . but it’s been nearly a quarter-moon since she ate that mouse! Bluefur and Rosepaw got better ages ago!”
“And Sweetpaw didn’t,” Goosefeather snapped. “Another death, and your kits are still so weak. . . .”
“They have nothing to do with Sweetpaw,” Pinestar retorted. He stared bleakly around his den. “I thought the Clan was getting stronger,” he murmured. “The fresh-kill pile has been full for days. I thought everything was going to be okay.”
“Did you really?” sneered Goosefeather. “Don’t be a fool, Pinestar. I think StarClan has told you exactly what is going on.” He turned and limped out of the den.

He attacked two kits while they crossed a river, one almost dying and getting forever disfigured:The tom’s gaze narrowed. “How dare you?” His ears flattened. Stormkit felt sick. “He’s going to kill us!” Oakkit croaked. “Run!” […]The tom yowled behind them. Stormkit hurtled after his brother. “You don’t get away from Goosefeather that easily!” the old cat snarled. Stormkit felt hot breath on his heels and jagged claws spiked his tail. Unbalanced, he leaped for the final stone. His paws hit water as he plunged into the river.StarClan help me! Pain shot through his face as he collided with the base of the rock” – Crookedstar’s Promise

- Mellowix

crow ⦿ blackie ⦿ blackpaw/shade
crow ⦿ blackie ⦿ blackpaw/shade
February 28, 2020 7:26 pm
Reply to  mellowix

well, he is right about pinestar’s son though, but tigerclawstar did make everything more intesting

a wild comment appeared!

mellowix
mellowix
March 1, 2020 11:03 am

Regardless of Goosefeather technically being “right” about future Tigerstar, he does it in the most extreme, cruel and negligent way possible. He casually orders the kit’s FATHER to personally kill him, insults him for not wanting to and immediately walks away when he’s questioned about it. There are so many more opinions: Get Tigerkit to get therapy, encourage him to be a Medicine cat, simply warn him of his destiny, get him a kind-hearted mentor, etc. Heck, since Goosefeather knew Pinestar would become a kittypet anyway, he could of simply suggested to take Tigerkit with him.

Goosefeather atomically goes to child murder, the worst crime possible, for a victim who’s also currently innocent. Ravenwing gets slaughtered by the fandom for simply reporting a litter’s birth father, while Goosefeather is never critiqued for endangering the lives of 6 kits, personally trying to murder 3 of them.

- Mellowix

Puddlesplash
Puddlesplash
March 10, 2020 1:29 am
Reply to  mellowix

Let’s not forget Crookedkit ( Stormkit)

You can't change the past.

❄ . • ° Ivyla ° • . ❄
❄ . • ° Ivyla ° • . ❄
February 26, 2020 4:21 pm

Nice article! I agree with all the points you listed except for Goosefeather.

━━━⊰ .•°❄.•°❄.•°❄

A Monkey Gazing Into Space 2020
A Monkey Gazing Into Space 2020
February 27, 2020 9:08 am

Badgerfang is so underrated! He was 4 moons but still went to battle! I loved his scene!

i see moky

Sunni is back! (Sunpaw/whisker)
Sunni is back! (Sunpaw/whisker)
March 1, 2020 5:24 pm

Goosefeather is one of my favorite characters. Same with Mapleshade.

Team Keefoster for the win!!!

Copperkit
Copperkit
March 3, 2020 4:03 am

I so agree with Mapleshade, although my friends think I’m nuts for it. Thanks for being on the same page!!

Nightraven
Nightraven
March 23, 2020 3:19 am
Reply to  Copperkit

Mapleshade is awesome!

• Where-am-I by Shiningpaw(pool)
  • Snowbranch