Some of the saddest deaths in the books by Dewfeather

Art by ColacatintheHat

Dewfeather lists some of the saddest books in the series

Hi! This is my first article so I apologize if it is bad. Anyway, here are some of the saddest deaths I have read. They are in no particular order. BEWARE: SPOILER WARNING STARTS.

1. Bright Stream

You may not know her if you haven’t read Dawn of the Clans. Her death is sad because she dies saving the traveling group. Without her, there may not be the Clans because they would have all been eaten by eagles. What makes this death even sadder is she was carrying kits. She loved Clear Sky and he loved her back. They had two kits but they were born in Starclan.

2. Bluestar

This death was really sad in many ways. Fireheart had it all going well and Tigerclaw ruined it. He fought Fireheart who then got bit by the dog. Bluestar ran in saving him. She died well, considering that she had some mental problems in the last couple of books.

3. Spottedleaf

Did you know that she was descended from SkyClan? Same with Tigerclaw. Anyway what makes this death sad is it was made in cold blood. For no reason, Clawface killed her. And then after than in Starclan she starts loving Firestar and that is when they start loving each other.

4. Swiftpaw

He deserved his warrior name. I don’t think this is Bluestar’s fault I think this is Tigerclaw’s. He ruined Bluestar’s trust which made her doubt her Clan. So then Swiftpaw thinks that if they defeat the animal stealing prey they can get warrior names. He dies in the jaws of a dog while Brightheart’s face is ruined. Which is worse? Comment below.

5. Feathertail

She died for cats she didn’t know! This is a true form of bravery. What made her death sad is she loved the arrogant Crowpaw and they could have had a relationship. It also made Crowpaw doubt himself which is real bad if he wanted to be a warrior.

6. Honeyfern

I almost cried while reading her death and I don’t cry often while reading books. I think Briarkit, Bumblekit, and Blossomkit, they like their B’s! we’re playing happily. A snake came out and almost hit Briarkit. Honeyfern jumped in front and died. This was after Berrynose said he loved her. They couldn’t stop the poison, they didn’t even try. If Lionblaze had jumped in front, he wouldn’t have been injured.

7. Snowkit

Poor, poor Snowkit. Couldn’t experience the life of a warrior either way. The last of Speckletail’s kits, he was born deaf. He was carried away by the hawk because he couldn’t hear everyone telling him to move. Bluestar even said he couldn’t be a warrior before the hawk came. It was soooooooooo sad!

END OF SPOILER WARNING.

That’s all I have right now, hope you enjoyed it! Tell me what I should write next in the comments. Bye!

Fan Articles

Notify of
Stormy (Stormberry)
Stormy (Stormberry)
March 10, 2020 2:17 am

Nice article! I believe that dying is worse than having one’s face ruined. Swiftpaw didn’t get to take a mate, raise a litter of kits, train an apprentice, become a warrior, and many other things he could have done. Brightheart lived and was able to do many things in her life that Swiftpaw never had the chance to. Sure, it could have been pretty traumatizing, but she lived

“I am no Jedi” -Ahsoka Tano

Embers of an Autumn Dawn (Emberdawn)
Embers of an Autumn Dawn (Emberdawn)
March 10, 2020 2:40 am

Everyone processes traumatic events differently, even if they experienced the exact same events, so I believe that it’s hard to scale experiences like that ^^ It’s entirely possible that Brightheart thinks that her living with a scarred face is worse than death because of the discrimination and loss of identity she suffered instead of a swift end (no pun intended) and not having to go through it at all, while Swiftpaw might think that Brightheart got lucky because she’s still alive while he died. You never know how people might think differently after going through what they did 🙂

Moderator, BlogClan's Deputy

Stormy (Stormberry)
Stormy (Stormberry)
March 10, 2020 9:54 pm

True..

“I am no Jedi” -Ahsoka Tano

𝓟𝓱𝓪𝓻𝓪𝓸𝓱 𝓛𝓸𝓷𝓮𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓽
𝓟𝓱𝓪𝓻𝓪𝓸𝓱 𝓛𝓸𝓷𝓮𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓽
March 10, 2020 2:27 am

My Heart: Grey Wing! Grey Wing! Grey Wing! Leafpool! Leafpool! Leafpool!
Yeah, I think you missed two deaths ^^

Hail The Rising Lordess

Embers of an Autumn Dawn (Emberdawn)
Embers of an Autumn Dawn (Emberdawn)
March 10, 2020 2:42 am

Not everyone is affected by the same characters deaths 😉

Moderator, BlogClan's Deputy

LazyKat
LazyKat
March 11, 2020 4:29 am

Like I almost cried at (warning! Spoiler for people who haven’t read Bramblestar’s Storm) Dustpelt’s death😢😭But some people didn’t.🙃

Black cat that's Arching over the Moon (Archpaw) h
Black cat that's Arching over the Moon (Archpaw) h
March 10, 2020 9:45 pm

Leafpool death was very sad. I read that and cried. I had to read it again to make sure she actually died

*Does the monster mash*

~Dewy~Dewfeather~Dew on Eagles Feather~
~Dewy~Dewfeather~Dew on Eagles Feather~
March 13, 2020 11:37 pm

I haven’t read Squirrelflight’s hope, but I am rereading dotc.

Dead cats never die

Turtlepaw/ dapple.
Turtlepaw/ dapple.
March 10, 2020 12:54 pm

All these deaths were SO SAD! So sad. BRIGHT STREAM DIED WHY??????
Other deaths that were very sad for me were:
Turtle Tail’s death
Gray Wing’s death
Leafpool’s death
Lightning Tail’s death.

Your article was good but sad because it brought back memories of death.
GrayXSilver forever, GrayXMillie forNEVER.

The Masked Tterror (Shatteredmask)
The Masked Tterror (Shatteredmask)
March 10, 2020 6:46 pm

I think Brightheart’s fate was worse because she had to live with the scars.

armed with a newspaper

Black cat that's Arching over the Moon (Archpaw) h
Black cat that's Arching over the Moon (Archpaw) h
March 10, 2020 9:43 pm

Yeah. Imagine living like that. A book said that she HATES to look at herself. I hate Tigerstar (old one)

*Does the monster mash*

The Masked Tterror (Shatteredmask)
The Masked Tterror (Shatteredmask)
March 10, 2020 6:49 pm

I think Honeyfern’s death was SO RANDOM. Like basically one minute she’s talking to Berrynose and the next a snake comes out of nowhere and kills her. WHAT????????

armed with a newspaper

Black cat that's Arching over the Moon (Archpaw) h
Black cat that's Arching over the Moon (Archpaw) h
March 10, 2020 8:41 pm

Yes. I agree

*Does the monster mash*

🍁Pine Among Striped Autumn Leaves🍂 (Pinestripe)
🍁Pine Among Striped Autumn Leaves🍂 (Pinestripe)
March 11, 2020 8:51 pm

I agree! It was so sad! Honeyfern was (and still is) my favorite Warrior cat, so her death was very sad for me. But at least it was a brave death.

Honeyfern lover

🍁Pine Among Striped Autumn Leaves🍂 (Pinestripe)
🍁Pine Among Striped Autumn Leaves🍂 (Pinestripe)
March 11, 2020 9:01 pm

I agree with all of these, especially Honeyfern and Bluestar.
Another death that was sad for me was Rainwhisker, because he was my favorite character at the time, and he was gone so suddenly that I felt like I hadn’t gotten to know him yet. His death scene wasn’t even written, as he died between A New Prophecy and Power Of Three. I was especially sad because I was left without a favorite character, and for me having a favorite character is one of the most important parts of reading.

Honeyfern lover

Moonmist
Moonmist
March 14, 2020 11:53 am

Yellowfang’s death made me cry. She had such an awful life and then she does an awful death. Not fair.

Moonmist
Moonmist
March 14, 2020 4:39 pm

I never thought I’d say this but I have just read Fading Echoes and (spoiler alert) I was so upset when Longtail died.

Night-tail
Night-tail
March 14, 2020 11:46 pm

EXCUSE ME SPOTTEDXFIRE IS TOO OLD STOP SAYING THEY LOVE EACH OTHER THEY’RE JUST FRIENDS!

Night-tail

• Where-am-I by Shiningpaw(pool)
  • Snowbranch