The Top Five Saddest Deaths In The Dawn of the Clans by Turtlepaw

Artwork by Lithestep

Turtlepaw lists some of the saddest deaths in DoTC

Hello BlogClan! As you probably know from the title, my name is Turtlepaw/ dapple. Most people call me Turtlepaw or Turtle, though. And this is an article about the top five saddest deaths in the Dawn of the Clans era IN MY OPINION. (The Dawn of the Clans era is the Dawn of the Clans arc itself, plus Thunderstar’s Echo, Moth Flight’s Vision, and Shadowstar’s Life.) This article will contain spoilers for Dawn of the Clans, Thunderstar’s Echo, and Moth Flight’s Vision. So if you haven’t read those books, you probably don’t want to read this because of SPOILERS FOR DEATHS.

But anyway, let’s begin!

5. Rainswept Flower: It was so darn sad when Rainswept Flower died! Killed by Clear Sky, her own former Tribemate! Rainswept Flower is one of my favorite Dawn of the Clans characters, and her death- I did NOT see it coming. It was pretty sad. I didn’t cry, because I’m not really the kind of person who cried when fictional characters die, but I was sad.

4. Micah. POOR MICAH! He just wanted to help Moth Flight help WindClan! But then CLEAR SKY (glares at Clear Sky) was all, “No Micah! Don’t help Moth Flight! Who cares if she’s trying to help her Clan? Red Claw, come over here!” And then the stupid BRANCH fell and… KILLED POOR MICAH! Micah’s death was really, REALLY sad because… he and Moth Flight were SO PERFECT for each other! Micah was one of the only cats who really understood Moth Flight. RIP, Micah.

3. Lightning Tail: Lightning Tail! Brutally killed by dogs. So sad. So… shocking. I mean, I did NOT expect him to die! So when he did… that made his death all the more sad. Poor Thunderstar! He lost his BEST FRIEND. Lightning Tail was like a BROTHER to him. I have to admit, I cried on the inside at this death. Because Lightning Tail did not deserve his end via a couple of dogs. Also, I ship Lightning Tail and Thunderstar, so yeah.

2. Gray Wing: Oh my god. Gray Wing’s goodbye to Slate, Black Ear, Silver Stripe, and White Tail at the end of Path of Stars… I almost cried, it was so sad. I mean, Gray Wing was probably like, four when he died? He could have lived longer if not for his coughing! Gray Wing’s death actually DID make me shed a tear. And that’s really saying something, because I’m the kind of person who watches the movie Titanic and doesn’t even shed a tear.

1. And the saddest death in the Dawn of the Clans era (in my opinion, of course) is…
TURTLE TAIL!

Turtle Tail’s death was SO SAD! And it’s all Tom’s fault! If he hadn’t kidnapped Pebble Heart, Owl Eyes, and Sparrow Fur, Turtle Tail wouldn’t have had to set out searching for them. Then the monster would have never hit her. Actually, it was only after her death that I realized Turtle Tail was my favorite Warriors character. She’s the reason I’m Turtlepaw.

So those were what I consider to be the top five saddest deaths in the Dawn of the Clans era. What deaths did you find sad? Tell me in the comments. Turtle out!

Fan Articles

Notify of
Redfur
Redfur
April 29, 2020 12:12 am

I definitely agree with all of those. For me, Quiet Rain’s death was one of the saddest, but I guess she was getting kind of old.

The Masked Tterror (Shatteredmask)
The Masked Tterror (Shatteredmask)
April 29, 2020 11:18 am

I MISS TURTLE TAIL, GRAY WING AND POOR RAINSWEPT FLOWER SO MUCH I HATE YOU CLEAR SKY!

armed with a newspaper

Minty's Back (To School) `Mintkit/rose`
Minty's Back (To School) `Mintkit/rose`
April 29, 2020 7:47 pm

I agree with most of these except for me Gray Wing would be 1 since he’s my third favorite character (such a bean <3) and Quiet Rain would be somewhere there too, probably instead of Micah and Bright Stream would replace Lightning Tail since I don't really liked him.

*awkward silence*

🍁Pine Among Striped Autumn Leaves🍂 (Pinestripe)
🍁Pine Among Striped Autumn Leaves🍂 (Pinestripe)
April 29, 2020 7:50 pm

Great article! Turtle Tail and Rainswept flower are some of my favorite characters, too. And Gray Wing’s goodbye to his family was very sad.

Honeyfern lover

Sunbreeze
Sunbreeze
April 29, 2020 8:13 pm

Also, honorable mention to Falling Feather and Jackdaw’s Cry, the two siblings who killed each other while fighting. And Hawk Swoop as well, since she was Thunder’s foster mother.

Get some.

Appleflower
Appleflower
April 30, 2020 12:35 am

I agree with every single one of these. (Glares at Clear Sky.)

A Diamond in the Rough

Briarpaw, who- AHHH! LOOK OUT! SHE'S RIGHT BEHIND YOU!
Briarpaw, who- AHHH! LOOK OUT! SHE'S RIGHT BEHIND YOU!
April 30, 2020 1:53 am

Never read DotC…

I need to change my siggie

Riverpond
Riverpond
April 30, 2020 6:49 pm

SADDEST DEATH EVER – GRAY WING ;-;

Well HEY-LO IM BACK

Cloudpaw (streak) misses her friends
Cloudpaw (streak) misses her friends
May 1, 2020 11:19 pm

I agree with all of these, and one of my saddest deaths is Bright Stream’s. Her death led to Clear Sky being torn apart from Gray Wing and Jagged Peak. He probably wouldn’t even be a murderer (glares at Clear Sky) if she hadn’t died.

insert nice name here
insert nice name here
May 2, 2020 5:45 pm

The saddest one was Bright Stream…she was literally pregnant!

Lonekit The Kit Who Is Gonna Die Of Boredom Soon
Lonekit The Kit Who Is Gonna Die Of Boredom Soon
May 2, 2020 9:55 pm

I find the saddest ones:
– Bright Stream because she was having kite but pretty much half the arc wouldn’t have happened because Clear Sky (Skystar) wouldn’t be an evil FOx-hEArT *tears Clear Sky’s pelt to shreds.
– Turtle Tail because it WAS ALL TOM’S FAULT THE eVIl fOX-HeARt (sorry i get emotional except when Tom died mwahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHA).
– Storm and Thunder’s two unnamed littermates because it was a previously mentioned evIL FoX-hEArt’s fault.
– Gray Wing because who DOESN’T like Gray Wing?
– Fox (aforementioned eVIl FOx-HEarT)
– Lightning Tail he was THE best friend to Thunder ever. (I’ve only read the main series arc)
I can’t think of any more really sad deaths. One last thing. *does the Scourge 2.0 and tears apart nine major organs in Clear Sky’s body and also in Tom’s spririt’s body. Goodbye.

𝓟𝓱𝓪𝓻𝓪𝓸𝓱 𝓛𝓸𝓷𝓮𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓽
𝓟𝓱𝓪𝓻𝓪𝓸𝓱 𝓛𝓸𝓷𝓮𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓽
May 4, 2020 10:46 pm

I agree with all of those. Especially the death of Turtle-Tail 🙁 Tom is a cruel,fox-hearted, pathetic..forget it. I can’t think of a polite insult strong enough to describe that sorry excuse for a cat 🙂

Hail The Rising Lordess

Dovekit
Dovekit
May 18, 2020 8:58 pm

The saddest death to me for first through fourth (because I’m on the fifth book) is Morning Whisker. She died so young! Then Emberkit. He died even younger! 🙁

irinasplash
irinasplash
August 23, 2020 10:43 am

no LightningXthunder
VioletXthunder!!!

• Where-am-I by Shiningpaw(pool)
  • Snowbranch