The Dark Forest Part 2: Cats by Thunderblaze

Thunderblaze takes a look at some of the most evil Dark Forest cats from the series.

Artwork by Lithestep

H-hey guys! It’s me Thunderblaze. I’m just a little triggered. I lost most of my article! So I’m raging right now. REEEEEEE!!! Okay I’m good now. Sooo, I will be doin’ a top 7 countdown of the most evil Dark Forest cats. Why seven, because it is the most magical number! Oh, I forgot my resources. Check out the Villains Wiki page. It is super helpful

#7: Darkstripe. Ugh. What a mouse-heart. He committed treason against ThunderClan, and tried to kill Firestar. He plotted with Tigerstar to lead The Pack to ThunderClan, just to rescue Tigerstar’s kits. He has an impressive record of mostly corruption and treason, but no mega big crimes. So he gets the 7th spot.

#6: Hawkfrost. The half-brother of Bramblestar and the son of Tigerstar, he was part of Mudclaw’s uprising. He faked a sign from StarClan to get Mothflight to be the medicine cat, and used her for his personal benefit. He also attempted to murder Firestar, and tried to secure the help of Brambleclaw, but Brambleclaw refused. Brambleclaw ended his life by driving a stick through Hawkfrost’s chest. His attempted murder failed, so he gets #6. If he actually killed Firestar, he would’ve gotten a much higher rank.

#5: Mapleshade. She is psycho. She was mad because she and her kist were forced out of ThunderClan because their dad was Applefur, a RiverClan cat. She killed three cats. Ravenwing, the medicine cat who revealed the secret. Frecklewish, the warrior who watched Mapleshade’s kits die. And Applefur, her former mate who rejected her. In the end, she was killed by Patchpaw, Applefur’s apprentice. She committed three murders, which is pretty horrible, so she gets the 5th spot.

#4: Thistleclaw. Okay, he was evil. But aside from the fact that he was FLIPPIN’ insane, he was a great warrior, but he was just a little too ambitious. He was the reason that Tigerstar was evil. He was very territorial and he said that he wanted to mark the borders with the blood of his enemies. He died chasing a RiverClan patrol from ThunderClan territory. In my opinion, he created the monster called Tigerstar, so that is why he gets 4th place.

#3: Brokenstar. What an evil cat. He killed his own father, Raggedstar, drove WindClan out of their territory, plotted to destroy ThunderClan, and made kits apprentices at 3 moons. He also drove the elders out of ShadowClans camp, sent Yellowfang away, and stole kits from ThunderClan, also causing Spottedfur’s death. He was extremely dangerous, and battle hungry. He gets lucky #3.

#2&1. For the first time ever… We have a tie! It is between Tigerstar and One-eye(Not the elder from ThunderClan). Let’s start with Tigerstar. He killed Runningwind, Gorsepaw, Brindleface, Redtail and Oakheart. He hurt many cats, and led the dog pack to ThunderClan, killing Bluestar and Swiftpaw. He made a deal with Scourge to take over the forest, but Scourge killed him. He continued to harm the clans makingHawkfrost evil and attempting to do the same with Brambleclaw. Now, let’s talk about One-eye. He took over Clear Sky’s group, and kicked out any cats that could not care for themselves. One-eye also killed Tom, a cat who came to live with the clans, who, incidentally, is a tom. He cut his groups symbol into all of the SkyClan residents, and he also attacked any cats who disobeyed him.

Well, that is all, see you next article BlogClanners!

Fan Articles

Notify of
Turtlepaw/ dapple 🐢🐢🐢
Turtlepaw/ dapple 🐢🐢🐢
May 19, 2020 1:36 pm

Hi Thunderblaze. I agree that all these cats are super evil EXCEPT MAPLESHADE. I won’t go into detail, though, because I’ll write an article defending her one day.
KananXHera forever ❤️

~`ωᴏƖғѕᴘɪяɪᴛ`~ (𝑊𝑜𝑙𝑓 𝑜𝑓 𝑀𝑖𝑠𝑡𝑦 𝑆𝑝𝑖𝑟𝑖𝑡)
~`ωᴏƖғѕᴘɪяɪᴛ`~ (𝑊𝑜𝑙𝑓 𝑜𝑓 𝑀𝑖𝑠𝑡𝑦 𝑆𝑝𝑖𝑟𝑖𝑡)
May 21, 2020 6:29 pm

Yes, I agree! Who knows her history? She’s not evil!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1M art WIPS; NTA Checking Trio

kestrelsong
kestrelsong
June 1, 2020 7:41 pm

Im sorry you two read my article called cats I hate from least to greatest and youll realize how Mapleshade really ruined Crookedstar’s life!!!!!!!!!!

Irinasplash
Irinasplash
September 3, 2020 1:51 pm
Reply to  kestrelsong

I know.
I love Mapleshade and Crookedstarry

Splash in Rippling River [is this a trend now]
Splash in Rippling River [is this a trend now]
October 14, 2020 12:36 pm

Yeah! MAPLESHADE IS NOT EVIL! SHE DIDN’T KILL FRECKLEWISH (That adder did and Freacklewish would die anyway) AND RAVENWING AND APPLEDUSK DESERVED IT!

Bai-bai
PS. I like chzburgers

Goldenfawn
Goldenfawn
October 14, 2020 1:02 pm

Mapleshade lured Frecklewish to Snakerocks with the intention of her dying. She is evil. Crookedstar didn’t deserve what she did to him and Spottedleaf didn’t deserve to die a second time because Mapleshade was jealous of Sandstorm.

🏳️‍🌈

Riverpond
Riverpond
May 19, 2020 3:09 pm

I just wanted to say that Mapleshade’s mate is not Applefur. It’s in fact Appledusk.

Well HEY-LO IM BACK

𝓟𝓱𝓪𝓻𝓪𝓸𝓱 𝓛𝓸𝓷𝓮𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓽
𝓟𝓱𝓪𝓻𝓪𝓸𝓱 𝓛𝓸𝓷𝓮𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓽
May 19, 2020 3:42 pm

Agreed, but I’d swtich Tigerstar with Brokenstar. Brokenstar forced KITS to fight battles at 2 or even 3 moons old, and he even killed a few himself, personally. You can’t get more evil then that. Also, Brokenstar had a higher rank then Tigerstar in the Dark Forest and Tigerstar and Hawkfrost were more like his secand in commands. (The father and son duo seemed to take orders from Brokenstar remember?)

Hail The Rising Lordess

The Masked Tterror (Shatteredmask)
The Masked Tterror (Shatteredmask)
June 7, 2020 5:25 pm

Actually, Brokenstar did not force kits. It says in Yellowfang’s Secret that the kits were very eager to become warriors, and enjoyed it very much.

armed with a newspaper

❄️🐍Viper In The Box; Worst Restaurant Chain🐍❄️
❄️🐍Viper In The Box; Worst Restaurant Chain🐍❄️
June 7, 2020 5:31 pm

Coercing a child into war still isn’t very ethical. Kids think lots of things are cool, but Brokenstar knew what would happen to them in the battlefield. Badgerfang wasn’t the only one to die that way.

bow to "earthling" overlords

The Masked Tterror (Shatteredmask)
The Masked Tterror (Shatteredmask)
June 7, 2020 5:34 pm

I think if Brokenstar regretted that decision, and wanted to change it, he wouldn’t be able to because the kits would be enjoying too much.

armed with a newspaper

falling feather
falling feather
June 11, 2020 3:49 am

yeah fernpaw was all about those berries darkstripe fed her

✧ epic pfp by goldi! ✧

Minty's Back (To School) `Mintkit/rose`
Minty's Back (To School) `Mintkit/rose`
May 19, 2020 3:52 pm

This is a great article! Two small corrections, Applefur is Appledusk and Patchpaw is Perchpaw, otherwise everything’s fine.
Thistleclaw is horrible! He not only caused Tigerstar to be more evil, but he also, uhh had somewhat of a romantic attraction to Spottedpaw and killed a cat in front of her, causing her to become a medicine cat :/

*awkward silence*

Gingerpaw/drift is now Birchpaw/song
Gingerpaw/drift is now Birchpaw/song
May 19, 2020 5:29 pm

Great article ! Although I believe that Tigerstar did not kill Oakheart. He died by rocks and in Redtail’s debt it said that Redtail killed him.

Thunderblaze
Thunderblaze
May 20, 2020 5:06 pm

AGHH! SO MANY ERRORS

~`ωᴏƖғѕᴘɪяɪᴛ`~ (𝑊𝑜𝑙𝑓 𝑜𝑓 𝑀𝑖𝑠𝑡𝑦 𝑆𝑝𝑖𝑟𝑖𝑡)
~`ωᴏƖғѕᴘɪяɪᴛ`~ (𝑊𝑜𝑙𝑓 𝑜𝑓 𝑀𝑖𝑠𝑡𝑦 𝑆𝑝𝑖𝑟𝑖𝑡)
May 21, 2020 6:30 pm
Reply to  Thunderblaze

True, but it’s okay if people understand

1M art WIPS; NTA Checking Trio

Echomist will not sign in
Echomist will not sign in
May 20, 2020 9:34 am

I love all these guys…

Splish Splash Halloween is a Bash (SpLaShY!)
Splish Splash Halloween is a Bash (SpLaShY!)
May 21, 2020 6:20 pm

MAPLESHADE IS NOT EVIL! APPLEDUSK IS! PUT HIM ON THAT LIST, RIGHT THIS SECOND

ASHPOSTER

Splish Splash Halloween is a Bash (SpLaShY!)
Splish Splash Halloween is a Bash (SpLaShY!)
May 21, 2020 6:21 pm

APPLEDUSK IS EVIL! NOT MAPLESHADE! PUT APPLEDUSK ON THIS LIST RIGHT NOW!

ASHPOSTER

The Masked Tterror (Shatteredmask)
The Masked Tterror (Shatteredmask)
May 21, 2020 6:23 pm

WHAT SPLASHFEATHER SAID! MAPLESHADE IS THE BEST!

armed with a newspaper

Turtlepaw/ dapple 🐢🐢🐢
Turtlepaw/ dapple 🐢🐢🐢
May 21, 2020 8:20 pm

I AGREE MAPLESHADE ROCKS
KananXHera ❤️

Goldenfawn
Goldenfawn
October 14, 2020 1:05 pm

Why? Appledusk was an awful mate and accidentally caused the deaths of Birchface and Flowerpaw, but Mapleshade actually murdered multiple cats on purpose.

🏳️‍🌈

Rainingbreeze
Rainingbreeze
May 22, 2020 3:47 am

I like a lot of those cats Lol 😝

I totally agree with you on Darkstripe, Brokenstar and One-eye.

I don’t agree with you on Hawkfrost, Mapleshade, Thistleclaw, And Tigerstar.

Cats I think that should have made the list would be Frecklewish Oakstar Appledusk Reedshine Darkstar Darktail Onestar Bramblestar Rowanstar and many others.

Purple Dusk
Purple Dusk
May 23, 2020 8:28 pm
Reply to  Rainingbreeze

Unfortunately, the cats you mentioned are NOT in Dark Forest. They have either been sighted in Starclan or declared unknown.

As Thunderblaze was writing an article on the most evil cats in Dark Forest, rules had to be followed to keep the article on track.

However, you can write an article on why those cats should gone to Dark Forest or why they really to change their ways while they are still living.

Bloomdoom
Bloomdoom
June 6, 2020 4:32 pm
Reply to  Rainingbreeze

I can agree that a lot of these cats have done something wrong, but what did Reedshine do wrong? She did have kits with Appledusk, but she didn’t know Appledusk had a mate already. She also stood up for the mate she loved, which is what Appledusk should have done if he loved Mapleshade. Reedshine was a good mate, who frankly, Appledusk didn’t deserve.

THERE IS NO CHAIN

❄️🐍Viper In The Box; Worst Restaurant Chain🐍❄️
❄️🐍Viper In The Box; Worst Restaurant Chain🐍❄️
June 6, 2020 5:15 pm
Reply to  Bloomdoom

I ended up not really liking Reedshine, just because in the book it seemed like she tried to lord over Mapleshade that she was the mate Appledusk chose, and his only real mate.

bow to "earthling" overlords

Bloomdoom
Bloomdoom
June 6, 2020 9:14 pm

Ok, I haven’t read Mapleshade’s vengeance, I just know the main events, like when Mapleshade was exiled and how she murdered everyone and stuff, so I also only know the main events of what she did, but I know she stood up for Appledusk. I don’t really care for her that much, but she definitely doesn’t deserve the dark forest or anything.

THERE IS NO CHAIN

❄️🐍Viper In The Box; Worst Restaurant Chain🐍❄️
❄️🐍Viper In The Box; Worst Restaurant Chain🐍❄️
June 7, 2020 12:08 pm
Reply to  Bloomdoom

No, she doesn’t. I don’t personally like her because she was, you know, antagonizing a greiving queen with the nature of her “real” relationship with the kits’ father, but it isn’t Dark Forst worthy. ^^

bow to "earthling" overlords

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Crookedmoon✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Crookedmoon✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
June 7, 2020 4:26 pm

It’s like the way the book was set up, you were meant to not like Reedshine.

Yes, that was you I just ate

❄️🐍Viper In The Box; Worst Restaurant Chain🐍❄️
❄️🐍Viper In The Box; Worst Restaurant Chain🐍❄️
June 7, 2020 5:20 pm

True. It reminds me of the way Nightcloud was portrayed in every book except Crowfeather’s Trial.

bow to "earthling" overlords

kestrelsong
kestrelsong
June 1, 2020 7:44 pm

Okay first of all Mapleshade’s mate is not Applefur his name is Appledusk and Appledusk is also really evil!
OH AND EVERYONE LOVES MAPLESHADE FOR SOME REASON!!!! YOU GUYS ARE FORCING ME TO CHANGE MY MIND ABOUT HER!!!

Embers of an Autumn Dawn (Emberdawn)
Embers of an Autumn Dawn (Emberdawn)
June 1, 2020 7:45 pm
Reply to  kestrelsong

No one is forcing anyone to do anything?

Moderator, BlogClan's Deputy

Dovekit
Dovekit
June 3, 2020 11:41 pm

Ummm… It’s actually Spottedleaf, not Spottedfur. But that’s okay! It’s really good anyway!

The Masked Tterror (Shatteredmask)
The Masked Tterror (Shatteredmask)
June 7, 2020 5:29 pm

MAPLESHADE DID NOTHING WRONG HER MATE WAS CHEATING HER THE ONLY TIME FRECKLEWISH EVER NOTICED HER WAS WHEN SHE THOUGHT MAPLESHADE WAS EXCPECTING HER BROTHER’S KITS I MEAN THAT’S HORRIBLE! I DESPISE FRECKLEWISH/APPLEDUSK/REEDSHINE WITH ALL MY SOUL! RAVENWING IS SLIGHTLY BETTER BECAUSE HE WAS ONLY YOUNG BUT I STILL DISLIKE HIM!

armed with a newspaper

Embers of an Autumn Dawn (Emberdawn)
Embers of an Autumn Dawn (Emberdawn)
June 7, 2020 5:55 pm

Let’s use our indoor voices? 🙂

Moderator, BlogClan's Deputy

The Masked Tterror (Shatteredmask)
The Masked Tterror (Shatteredmask)
June 7, 2020 6:20 pm

okay 😀

armed with a newspaper

Silentstep
Silentstep
June 8, 2020 7:26 pm

No one knows how evil Fog and Dodge are

• Where-am-I by Shiningpaw(pool)
  • Snowbranch