Potential Mates for Bristlefrost by Silverfrost

Silverfrost lists some potential mates for Bristlefrost. Spoilers for the Broken Code books!

Art by fiftysevensky

After finishing The Silent Thaw, I have a lot to say about our newest she-cat protagonist. Bristlefrost is brave, loyal, compassionate, and maybe a bit of a perfectionist. (We can really see Ivypool in her, can’t we?) Anyway, here are some toms who I believe really have the potential to be the perfect mate for this spunky she-cat.

1. Rootpaw (Rootspring)
Ahhh, yes. Rootpaw. The kind, sweet, compassionate yellow apprentice who does seem to have a bit of a crush on Bristlefrost. Some people may think otherwise, but they are actually very similar to each other. Rootpaw and Bristlefrost both have insecurities. Rootpaw is worried that he’ll turn out like his eccentric father tree, and Bristlefrost worries whether or not she’s good enough to become a warrior, especially after she failed her assessment. These two have had rocky patches, like when Rootpaw completely mortified Bristlefrost by bringing her the vole in front of the entirety of ThunderClan, but overall these two are rather cute together! Although they are in different clans, what’s a new series without a little forbidden romance, right?

2. Stemleaf
Next, we have Stemleaf. We can see Bristlefrost swooning over this white and orange tom in Lost Stars. Stemleaf befriends her, and grows to admire and respect her. He compliments her about how well they work together, and they do have some chemistry. However, after Bristlefrost’s warrior ceremony, she confesses to him that she wishes to be mates with him, but Stemleaf reveals that he only wanted to be friends, as he was in love with Spotfur. Bristlefrost is crestfallen, but after a few awkward interactions, they rekindle their friendship, and Bristlefrost grows to respect him. Stemleaf does like Spotfur, but if he’s looking for someone else, I think he’d be great with Bristlefrost!

3. Snaptooth
Finally, we have this young warrior. We don’t really see much of Snaptooth during the Broken Code arc, but he and Bristlefrost show that they have quite a bit of chemistry in Lost Stars, when they are on a hunting patrol. Bristlefrost sees a fat rabbit, and Snaptooth sees it at the exact same time. They work together well to catch it, and when Bristlefrost makes the kill, he praises her catch. After they show it to Berrynose and Mousewhisker, the older warriors praise Bristlefrost, and she says Snaptooth helped, at which he ducks his head, pleased. While he may not be the perfect match, if Rootpaw and Stemleaf don’t work out, Snaptooth would be a good mate for Bristlefrost.

I can visualize all of these toms as good and worthy mates for Bristlefrost, but there may be some better ones out there! What do you guys think? I have an inkling that Bristlefrost is going to be getting a mate very soon, so cross your paws!

Fan Articles

Notify of
falling feather
falling feather
May 31, 2020 1:16 am

You have no idea how happy this article made me! I love this article a lot! Nice job!
1. I totally ship them. I ship them for the sake of Rootspring because I can see him sitting in the elders’ den in 3 years thinking about Bristlefrost. Though I do think Rootspring is a bit immature for Bristlefrost. I also think that Rootspring is Bristlefrost’s insecurities in cat form. If a better option for Bristlefrost’s mate came up I would really like it. I was kinda dissapointed when Ivypool become mates with Fernsong and I will be again dissapointed if Bristlefrost becomes mates with Rootspring. A better ship for Bristlefrost (just what I want to happen) to me would be some really strong Hawkfrost-esque warrior but instead they are loyal.
2. [mod edit: this included a spoiler for VoS so it had to be removed, sorry]
3. Snaptooth is a cute option (though I’m hoping something will happen with Rootspring). I guess you could say that it’s weird to be mates with your dad’s younger brother but in Thunderclan I highly doubt it would be an issue.

✧ epic pfp by goldi! ✧

Appleflower
Appleflower
May 31, 2020 2:48 am

Yeah I wrote this before I found out that [mod edit: removed because it contained VoS spoilers] :((

And also, omg I never realized that 😛 Inbreeding is a fairly common thing in the Clans

A Diamond in the Rough

Turtlepaw/ dapple
Turtlepaw/ dapple
May 31, 2020 7:58 pm

Hey Falling Feather, please put a spoiler warning next time! I didn’t know [mod edit: removed because of VoS spoilers]! 😕
Spotty is a bean.

Rainshine 🌸 Rainie
Rainshine 🌸 Rainie
May 31, 2020 9:53 pm

I’m sorry that was spoiled for you! Most of the mods are unsure of newer book content but we’ll be sure to keep a keener eye out in the future 🙂

下雨天的阳光

falling feather but not logged in
falling feather but not logged in
June 1, 2020 5:33 am

I am so so so sorry for being so clueless and spoiling it.
That wasn’t my intent and I hope you can forgive me.
Next time I will check!

Rootspring #1
Rootspring #1
October 14, 2020 1:26 pm

i vote rootspring

Purple Dusk
Purple Dusk
May 31, 2020 3:17 am

Good Article Silverfrost!

You got a good eye.
Keep using it!

Turtlepaw/ dapple 🐢🐢🐢
Turtlepaw/ dapple 🐢🐢🐢
May 31, 2020 1:00 pm

I loved Rootpaw’s crush on Bristlefrost in The Silent Thaw, and I REALLY hope they become mates by the end of the series.
Spotty is a bean.

Briarpaw, who- AHHH! LOOK OUT! SHE'S RIGHT BEHIND YOU!
Briarpaw, who- AHHH! LOOK OUT! SHE'S RIGHT BEHIND YOU!
May 31, 2020 5:47 pm

I shipped Bristle x Stem but then Stemleaf died 🙁

I really don’t ship Bristle x Root as Rootspring is my favorite Warriors character and Bristlefrost is one of my least favorites.

I really like Snaptooth, but I wouldn’t mind if he ended up with Bristlefrost.

I ship Rootspring with Wrenpaw, personally.

I need to change my siggie

Icestripe
Icestripe
June 9, 2020 4:16 pm

That would be so cute! Wrenpaw x Rootspring! Young Love….! Their kits would be so cute because they are both golden tabby which is such a pretty pattern!

Oriolestar of BirdClan
Oriolestar of BirdClan
June 11, 2020 12:58 pm
Reply to  Icestripe

Ya!

I am very happy that this article was not a spoiler for me because I already read Veil of Shadows!

Flame with a Super Creative Halloween Name
Flame with a Super Creative Halloween Name
May 31, 2020 7:36 pm

Snaptoothś her uncle or something, right? 😛 But nice article! I personally would rather her stay single :]

The Earthliest Earthling

Growl Of Leafeon In The Frosty Autumn Night (Leafpaw/growl)
Growl Of Leafeon In The Frosty Autumn Night (Leafpaw/growl)
June 1, 2020 8:26 am

Snaptooth is her uncle but apparently that doesnt matter cause in Lost Stars she said about Snaptooth ‘she knew he was only being kind but she didn’t want to go down that path’ or something like that.

Sonic Fan Forever!

Flame with a Super Creative Halloween Name
Flame with a Super Creative Halloween Name
June 1, 2020 4:03 pm

still…… 😛

The Earthliest Earthling

Cinderpaw
Cinderpaw
June 1, 2020 8:57 pm

Snaptooth is also her great-great-grandfather’s, great-grandson, but that is a little much.

Looking for a mentor

Shimmersplash
Shimmersplash
October 9, 2020 2:21 am

Same

Stream that Splashes Under Twilight Stars (Streamsplash)
Stream that Splashes Under Twilight Stars (Streamsplash)
June 1, 2020 2:51 pm

Hi I am new here and I loved your article Silverfrost! I ship BristlexRoot!

Go check out my Deviantart!

Tyrantstorm
Tyrantstorm
June 3, 2020 7:51 pm

Unfortunately, Stemleaf died when he became an outcast from Thunderclan and they organized a party to kill brambleclaw. Also he said he didn’t feel the he same way about bristlefrost. It is confirmed that Bristlexroot could be a thing in VoS and snaptooth I would like to happen

Dawnpaw (Shining Dawn)
Dawnpaw (Shining Dawn)
September 17, 2020 1:46 pm

I was really sad when Stemleaf died. *Sigh*

Marblewhisker
Marblewhisker
October 20, 2020 3:04 pm

The thing is, I ship TurtlexRoot so…. But other than that I really love that you put Snaptooth in there! (I really hate that so little people put Snaptooth in their Bristlefrost’s possible mates.)

Lightningclaw
Lightningclaw
October 26, 2020 6:25 pm

I ship Bristlefrost and Rootspring!

• Where-am-I by Shiningpaw(pool)
  • Snowbranch