Graystripe: The One and Only Innocent Traitor by Lightningkit

Lightningkit explains how some of Graystripe’s actions in the series make him a traitor. What do you think?

Art by LLoryz

Hi. It’s meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. I’m Lightningkit. I am also known as a nerd.🤓 I am also known as weird. I am also known as… I-I’m…

Sooooo, if you’re a fan of Warriors (which I’m assuming you are otherwise get off this website cos it’s all about Warriors yaddah yaddah yaddah you probably noticed the topic of BlogClan already and just ignore this whole brackets thing cos it’s too long already), you all know about the not-so-plot-driving-mechanism-of-forbidden-love-cos-it’s-an-everyday-thing-in-Warriors-as-it-happens-in-pretty-much-every-book. Phew. 😌 That was a long time without using the space button. Anyway, back onto the subject at hand. In Fire and Ice (I think 🤔), I think Graystripe seems to have heard of a certain RiverClan warrior (😉) and shows Brackenpaw how to hunt a water vole, falls through the ice and Silverstream, the certain RiverClan warrior, saves him, asks what on Earth he is doing on her territory and why he couldn’t drown in ThunderClan territory and Graystripe says, Ah, but who would save me there? or something like that. Soon Graystripe and Silverstream begin meeting up at sunningrocks etc, etc. Yet another annoying forbidden romance. Fireheart(-star) works out who Graystripe is disappearing off to visit and tells him to stop. They get into a fight as Graystripe thinks Fireheart doubts his loyalty and Bluestar was probably like, What? Ya like BFFs or something. and told them to stop.
That’s like all you need to know, wait actually not true. Later, during Silverstream’s kitting, she dies and Graystripe joins RiverClan to be with Featherkit and Stormkit. HE LEFT HIS BFF FOR HIS KITS AND HIS FORBIDDEN LOVE!!!!!!!!!!! MENTAL!!!!!! When Firestar became ThunderClan leader Graystripe was appointed deputy after Whitestorm’s death. After all Graystripe’s betrayal, Firestar still believed he was good at heart. Firestar should‘ve said,“No more mister nice guy,” and exiled him from ThunderClan (yes I know that’s a bit extreme but y’all get the idea. Maybe he could’ve just hated him forevermore. Still extreme).
Why Graystripe is incredibly lucky:
– He has an ever-forgiving friend who always thinks best of him.
– Through all of Graystripe’s ‘treachery’ Firestar always saw the best in him.
– Fireheart risked severe punishment whilst covering for Graystripe and even though he refused to stop seeing Silverstream Fireheart kept covering up his secrets.
– Graystripe became DEPUTY even after all he had done to Firestar – ignored his advice even though Fireheart was trying to help him, ATTACKED his BFF after everything they’ve been through. There’s probably something I missed.
That’s also why Firestar deserves the trophy for literally being the best BFF to Graystripe, as well as Ravenpaw, and sticking with them for as long as he could.

Fan Articles

Brookshade (formerly Streamsplash)
Brookshade (formerly Streamsplash)
June 4, 2020 2:30 am

Great article Lightningkit!

Ƭigerstar2008
Ƭigerstar2008
June 4, 2020 4:00 am

Nice! 2nd comment

Rainbow Turtle That Waves Pride Flag 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈(Turtlepaw/ dapple 🐢🐢🐢)
Rainbow Turtle That Waves Pride Flag 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈(Turtlepaw/ dapple 🐢🐢🐢)
June 4, 2020 12:31 pm

I personally think Graystripe was a great friend to Fireheart/star.
Hello there!

Silentstep
Silentstep
June 5, 2020 1:52 am

what-
He attacked Fireheat for trying to follow the warrior code
He kept seeing Silverstream even though he knew it was wrong and unrealistic
He betrayed his Clan AGAIN to go to RiverClan for some illegal kits
He didn’t even care about Brackenpaw’s training
He didn’t even THINK about how he was threatening the peace of the Clans.
你好

Bloompaw
Bloompaw
June 5, 2020 12:48 am

This is a great article, however, I don’t think it’s a bad thing that Graystripe left to be with his children. If he never left, his children might think that their father never loved them, and though he does leave them later, he lets them know he loves them. While I don’t really approve of his forbidden love, I like how he left to be with his children and avoid battle (though he did leave them right after). And I agree Graystripe definitely shouldn’t have been deputy so close after going to RiverClan.

Flamecloud the Earth Seal
Flamecloud the Earth Seal
June 5, 2020 1:18 am
Reply to  Bloompaw

Agreed, exactly what I was thinking. I wish he could have chosen thunderclan and firestar over silverstream, but I approve of him joining riverclan for his children.

Snow Which Gently Falls on Briar Branches (Ria- she/her)
Snow Which Gently Falls on Briar Branches (Ria- she/her)
June 5, 2020 2:43 pm

Interesting! 😀

Lonekit Bored Kit who used to be Lightningkit
Lonekit Bored Kit who used to be Lightningkit
June 7, 2020 10:44 am

I just realised another thing about Graystripe. Once he left RiverClan, he completely forgot how to fish and swim. Instantly.

Dovekit
Dovekit
June 9, 2020 12:42 am

Though that is right.

Dovekit
Dovekit
June 9, 2020 12:42 am

Graystripe. Is. AWESOME! DON’T U DARE INSULT HIM AGAIN!

Shadowfire
Shadowfire
August 16, 2020 1:59 pm

GRAYSTRIPE IS A TRAITOR
(Kidding he’s great😺)

Frost is dancing with the blue and red lights and is getting ready for 2021 (Frostcrystal, I'm Frost)
October 25, 2020 7:38 pm

Graystripe is Firestar best friend, or at least that’s what I think!

Moon blossom
Moon blossom
November 13, 2020 1:07 am

YOU’RE THE “ TREACHEROUS “ ONE HERE!!!!! GRAYSTRIPE IS A LOVING, COURAGEOUS, AWESOME WARRIOR!!!😾

Embers of a Winter Dawn (Emberdawn)
Embers of a Winter Dawn (Emberdawn)
November 13, 2020 1:21 am
Reply to  Moon blossom

Nobody appreciates being yelled at through caps lock ^^

• Rosefeather
  • The phone really isn't ringing
  • Wrenwing:kit