Bramblestar in The Broken Code by Briarpaw

Briarpaw takes a look at Bramblestar in The Broken Code. Spoilers for Lost Stars and Silent Thaw!

Art by Acorn-Trees

Hey! Briarpaw, aka Briar or Ria here! I haven’t written an article in a while, I know. In this article I’m going to discuss Bramblestar’s imposter.

So, let’s get right down to business and I’ll tell you that I think it’s Ashfur. I’ve been wavering between Ashfur and Sol, but at the moment (and probably forever, now that I’ve read more of The SIlent Thaw), I think it’s Ashfur.

Why?

I realized this from the start when Shadowsight (Shadowpaw then) had a vision of ashes covering the forest and the forest being engulfed in flames. I remember, at that moment I read it, thinking: “ohmygosh it’s Ashfur!” Also, Kate has stated that the villian will be someone we’ve seen in the past! Ahhh it’s Ashfur!

Now, the vision of the codebreakers, which Shadowsight realizes in The Silent Thaw that it’s not from StarClan.

Most of them have some connection to Squirrelflight. Think: Lionblaze and Jayfeather were named, yet they didn’t do anything wrong. But Squirrelflight was not named. Ashfur must’ve added a couple of other cats who broke the code to make it sound real. That’s really the only explanation I have for Mothwing and Twigbranch to be on the list. I know that he would have named Hollyleaf if she were still alive (I mean, she killed him and all, plus she’s also Squirrelflight’s adopted kit), but he might have done Dovewing as a replacement.

Maybe with this codebreakers thing he’s trying to get rid of the cats he hates: in other words, Bramblestar and Squirrelflight’s kits, and Bramblestar, but he found a way to get to Squirrelflight and have her love him.

Let me get into the fact that the voice told Shadowsight to kill Bramblestar (well, not specifically). This would make Bramblestar dead and a perfect pathway for Ashfur to steal his body. Fake Bramble also exiled Lionblaze for crossing the WindClan border by accident and Lionblaze’s kit, Spotfur, for doing the same thing.

One more thing. Fake Bramble tried to murder Sparkpelt. He knew there would be dogs waiting. He clearly used the Tigerstar trick- leaving a prey trail for the dogs. And Sparkpelt is Squirrelflight’s daughter. Proof enough.

Some people say that Ashfur is too much of a coward to do something like this, but I say he’s underrated.

Also, Ashfur had supposedly made up for all that, and forgive it, and he and Hollyleaf get along now. But I do think he’s still not fully over it. He was probably faking in front of Hollyleaf, maybe because he was afraid she would kill him again, and then he wouldn’t be able to come back.

That’s all for now! Thanks for reading!

(This was probably the quickest article I’ve ever written. It only took 20 minutes when normally it would take me 40!)

Another note:I know this might not actually happen and that there’s a very good chance this comes out after Veil of Shadows, so we’ll see if I was right or not!

Fan Articles

Notify of
Night | Nightkit/runner
Night | Nightkit/runner
July 6, 2020 2:05 am

IT HAS TO BE ASHFUR! (but why would he want to harm the clans? the imposter is trying to destroy them, and i think Crowfeather was named too, why him?)

Larks that Nest in Cemetary (Larkfeather)
Larks that Nest in Cemetary (Larkfeather)
July 6, 2020 3:01 pm

He’s Lionblaze, Jayfeather, and Hollyleaf’s father. He’s from WindClan and Leafpool is from ThunderClan. Brambleposter’s reasoning for exiling them was because they were the result of codebreaking. (Which, if you ask me, is pretty dumb)

YeahMyNameHasNo'feather'OhWell

Stormy (Stormberry)
Stormy (Stormberry)
July 6, 2020 3:33 am

At this point I think it’s Ashfur 😛

“I am no Jedi” -Ahsoka Tano

Ravenwing
Ravenwing
July 6, 2020 4:44 am

I’m going to laugh if they just throw a red herring our way and say that the imposter is Mapleshade.

Turtlepaw/ dapple 🐢🐢🐢
Turtlepaw/ dapple 🐢🐢🐢
July 6, 2020 12:44 pm

I totally think it’s Ashfur! Now that I’ve read Veil of Shadows, I’m more certain than ever!
Turtle 🐢

Splish Splash Halloween is a Bash (SpLaShY!)
Splish Splash Halloween is a Bash (SpLaShY!)
July 6, 2020 3:47 pm

I haven’t read Veil of Shadows! Aghhhhhhhhhhhhh!

ASHPOSTER

Briarpaw, who- AHHH! LOOK OUT! SHE'S RIGHT BEHIND YOU!
Briarpaw, who- AHHH! LOOK OUT! SHE'S RIGHT BEHIND YOU!
July 6, 2020 4:42 pm

ahhh I completely forgot about this! (After reading Veil of Shadows, it has got to be Ashfur…)

I need to change my siggie

The Masked Tterror (Shatteredmask)
The Masked Tterror (Shatteredmask)
July 6, 2020 7:05 pm

I just want to say this I dense of ashfur 😛 I’m sorry I love this guy

Ok so everyone’s saying it’s Ashfur but they’re all thinking about revenge. There are 3 reasons anyone does anything in real life; revenge, money, or threat/bribery. Money doesn’t make any sense so I’m just going to skip that 😛

No one is thinking about bribery or threat. This leads me to believe that it is Ravenpaw, as Tigerclaw still frightened him at the farm and I think Ravenpaw would just be an easy target for Tigerclaw.

armed with a newspaper

❄️🐍Viper In The Box; Worst Restaurant Chain🐍❄️
❄️🐍Viper In The Box; Worst Restaurant Chain🐍❄️
July 6, 2020 7:24 pm

there might be more reasons anyone does anything in real life 😛 like affection or loyalty

bow to "earthling" overlords

The Masked Tterror (Shatteredmask)
The Masked Tterror (Shatteredmask)
July 6, 2020 7:30 pm

Oh yeah I forgot about those 😛

armed with a newspaper

❄️🐍Viper In The Box; Worst Restaurant Chain🐍❄️
❄️🐍Viper In The Box; Worst Restaurant Chain🐍❄️
July 6, 2020 7:40 pm

XD

bow to "earthling" overlords

falling feather
falling feather
July 6, 2020 7:42 pm

your life sounds a lot more cunning than mine 😛

This is Warriors so there is isn’t any money. But if there is a different type of currency (intelligence? romance?), he might do it. I doubt the reason would be intelligence, but romance could be an option (the idea of being mates with Squirrelflight).
Then threat/bribery, I think Ashfur is pretty prideful so I really really doubt a threat. But bribery could work in the form of romance.

✧ epic pfp by goldi! ✧

The Masked Tterror (Shatteredmask)
The Masked Tterror (Shatteredmask)
July 6, 2020 8:04 pm

yes I’m a gangster in real life (I’m not don’t worry 😛 )

It would be strange if warriors had currency./ But everything would be more civilised and most of the villains would just shoplift things.

armed with a newspaper

falling feather
falling feather
July 7, 2020 12:44 am

I don’t even want to imagine what would happen 😛

✧ epic pfp by goldi! ✧

Purple Dusk
Purple Dusk
July 7, 2020 9:07 pm

Reputation as currency maybe???

Monkeypaw
Monkeypaw
July 7, 2020 3:33 am

oOOO this is a great article Ria! I didn’t realize that the people the imposter (Ashfur) chose were all related to his past😁.
but I still think it’s Firestar😛just for fun

AHHHH MOKY IS RUNNING FOR SW!!

Briarpaw, who- AHHH! LOOK OUT! SHE'S RIGHT BEHIND YOU!
Briarpaw, who- AHHH! LOOK OUT! SHE'S RIGHT BEHIND YOU!
July 7, 2020 8:22 pm
Reply to  Monkeypaw

😛

I need to change my siggie

Purple Dusk
Purple Dusk
July 7, 2020 9:06 pm

There is actually a connection between all the codebreakers, you just have to stop trying to connect them to the imposter. Seriously, there is. One that remains no matter who you make the imposter be.

(I know this fact because I try to connect every codebreaker to nine different suspects. None of the suspects managed to know all the cats on the list.)

The amazing Briarkit!!!
The amazing Briarkit!!!
July 8, 2020 12:33 am

I just started Lost Stars and I haven’t read The Silent Thaw or Veil of Shadows. But I love spoilers.

Cinderpaw
Cinderpaw with a link in her name
July 8, 2020 1:22 pm

It is totally Ashfur. But I am not convinced he is the mastermind. I think it is common knowledge by now that many people think that Spiresight will be the main villain for the second half of TBC.

StartlingBlue
StartlingBlue
July 16, 2020 7:07 pm

Imposter = 100% Ashfur. I searched up all cats with dark blue eyes. and none of them were evil in any way except the one and only Ashfur. It can’t be some new cat, because Squirrelflight actually knew that cat before he DIED. C’mon, Ashfur is the only dead cat that actually has blue eyes and is evil!

• Where-am-I by Shiningpaw(pool)
  • Snowbranch