Is a Warrior Cats movie possible? by Falconpaw

Falconpaw wonders about the Warrior Cats movie.

Image edited by Falconpaw

Hello, and welcome! Today, we will be talking about the Warrior Cats movie. While it was announced a while back, we’ve had no word on it for a while. So, without further ado, I’ll list some reasons why the reported Warrior Cats movie may or may not be possible. Let’s go!

1. The Warriors universe is massive.

The Warriors universe is sprawling with books. That means that the movie series is going to need a whole lot of movies. Also, since the Erin Hunter team constantly comes up with new books, the universe is always expanding, and, as making a movie takes a very long time, the movies will always be multiple pawsteps behind the books. If anything, though, a TV show might be an even better idea for this exact reason: there are multiple books.

2. There are hundreds of characters.

The first cat that you meet in the first book Into the Wild is a young housecat, called kittypet in the books, named Rusty. As the book progresses, many more cats are met. Now, to do these movies, multiple voice actors will be needed. It would most likely be very difficult to convince high-profile actors to agree to this, especially since they are probably very busy with other movies. That leads us to not-so-famous actors, which might lead to less people watching the movie. People would much rather see movies with people they love, like, let’s say, Robert Downey, Jr, than to see a movie filled with unfamiliar people. That would be especially hard if the movie tried to convince non-readers to watch it. Luckily, this point is actually quite possible! All we need to do is convince them… with cash, that is!

3. The books might be too much for kids to handle.

The Warriors books are chock-full of action packed fights and romance, among other things like political themes and possesion. The books, if rated, would most likely be 13+ due to violence. To get people to convince their children to see it, it would most likely have to be PG, since Warriors being an all-ages film is very unlikely. To make the PG mark, though, the movie might have to tone down the violence or cut it out completely. Unfortunatly, that might ruin the experience for older, more hardcore fans. The PG mark is not quite neccesary, however, and it will be possible to get through with a PG-13 rating, as most movies are rated PG-13 and still appropriate for kids.

4. Searching for a crew.

For a fantastic book, we need a fantastic adaption. But that’s not a problem with a fantastic crew! The announcement explained that it will be a mix of CGI and live action, most likely for the housefolk of Rusty at the beginning of the movie, who are seen filling his food bowl. Of course, not a cross as they did with the movie Cats (2019). No, we are doing it right this time!
To do this, the director and visual effects crew most likely need experience with movies that deal with this, like director Jon Faverou, who directed The Jungle Book (2016), The Lion King (2019), and Iron Man 1 and 2 (2008 and 2009, respectively). It might be hard to get a crew together, not to mention a high budget, but it is more than possible!

So, is it possible to make a Warrior Cats movie?

I am sorry for people wanting the Warriors on the big screen, but, looking at the information, a movie might not be possible because of point one, which explains that the Warriors universe is massive. A TV show, on the other hand might be very likely with the right components. Making the show action packed and suspenseful will delight old and newer fans alike, and the beautiful CGI will melt people’s hearts.

Do you agree with me? If so, please comment below, and thank you for coming.

56 Replies to “Is a Warrior Cats movie possible? by Falconpaw”

1. Splashkit(feather)/Splashy isn't logged in
    July 22, 2020 at 7:44 pm
    • July 22, 2020 at 8:33 pm

Pretty sure that’s fake 😛

Moderator, BlogClan's Deputy

• July 22, 2020 at 10:00 pm

That’s fake. The list was created by a user on IMDb.

That man is playing Galaga!

• Splashkit/feather/Splashy isn't logged in
        July 22, 2020 at 10:29 pm

Dang it!!

• July 22, 2020 at 10:09 pm

That is an intresting list 😛

~Sincerely
      Flurr ❄️🌨️

• Cheetahspark
      July 22, 2020 at 10:43 pm

Logan Paul as Firestar I’m crying

edit: it said on the bottom that bright guardian akira made it to prove anyone can edit imdb :p

2. July 22, 2020 at 11:34 pm

I agree! Also, I’M A 9 YEAR OLD WHO IS ON TBC! (No ofense) Great article!

3. July 23, 2020 at 12:53 am

I think they had one planned back in 2016, and I think it might still be underway. There is a chance that we will get it in probably 2023 or 2024. The thing is, even if it is CGI, it will still be animated, which means that they will try to make it as kid-friendly as possible most likely. Because of that, would one even be good, or would it be based so towards families that it would hurt the film? A lot of the more serious things like Brightheart’s eye, Bluestar’s arc downward spiral into depression, and maybe even a lot of the battles might be cut. We might also have to deal with character cuts or combinations, like combining Cloudtail and Cinderpelt, or Darkstripe and Longtail. I think that combining Darkstripe and Longtail especially would be bad because of the fact that it would work against the moral of all of the Warriors arcs. People are not black and white, they are shades of grey. So a warriors movie might be coming, but I think we should treat the prospect tentatively. Tenelle Flowers goes into this extensively in her video: Why You Don’t Want A Warriors Movie.

• July 24, 2020 at 11:25 pm

I don’t know….Brightheart’s eye got in the Ultimate Guide. *shudder shudder shudder*

le Ferncloud lover/defender 🌿☁️

• July 28, 2020 at 12:51 am

I wouldn’t say Brightheart’s eye is not that bad. I mean people do have scars like that you know. And don’t judge how scary Brightheart is by her eye. She is a beautiful she-cat and I wouldn’t mind if they had Brightheart’s eye in it.

• July 28, 2020 at 2:18 am

As someone who has a really bad fear of eyeballs and anything to do with eyes (seriously its hard for me to look at them sometimes) brighthearts eye would literally scar me. Its hard enough for me to read it, nevermind watch it.

4. July 23, 2020 at 6:45 am

GUYS TELL THEM TO MAKE A MUSICAL INSTEAD AND PUT IT ON NETFLIX LIKE HAMILTON.

PLZ GUYS. PLZ. I’M BEGGING THE SHOWMAKER PEOPLE.

Click my name!

• July 28, 2020 at 12:52 am

No! Oh HECK NAW! Sorry but I don’t think Warriors would be a good musical. Besides that Hamilton was boring for me. Beside I like how come they will use computer cats instead.

5. July 23, 2020 at 3:29 pm

On the official Warriors Website, there is a page for the Warriors movie!

~Sincerely
    Flurr ❄️🌨️

6. Wavewind
    July 24, 2020 at 8:12 pm

I doubt that the movie is still happening, but I think they might make it into a TV series. Also, if they do make it, then I think they would change the story and characters quite a bit, so I don’t know if it would be any good in my opinion.

7. Foxpaw/ fox where quills lay
    July 25, 2020 at 3:05 pm

Of there ever is a movie 🎥it should be on the dawn of the clans ones. It is less ummm popular? I don’t know that right word, but someday in many years there will hopefully be a show of a movie.

8. July 26, 2020 at 8:47 am

If there is I really want Emily Blunt to play Sandpaw.

Click my name!

9. July 28, 2020 at 12:48 am

Form info I have on the rumor, David Heyman who did Harry Potter is to do the Warrior cats movie, they said it would come out around 2023. And I agree with you, this is probably going to have to be PG-13 died to the romance and battling, even in the books there are some times when a cat give birth to kits. If the Warrior cats movie were real, my parents will just realize how non kid friendly it is XD

10. August 1, 2020 at 11:16 am

What the song thingy would be if there was a OotS musical:

ACT ONE
    1. A song about life in ThunderClan; sung by Jayfeather and Lionblaze with a couple of “hello, Jayfeather or Lionblaze!”s in it. Introducing the problem about the prophecy at hand.
    2. A sweet song sung by young Ivykit and Dovekit together about what they’ll do as apprentices and warriors together.
    3. Dovepaw and Lionblaze going on a patrol to the water, finding out about her powers.
    4. Ivypaw singing to Dovepaw about how she should hang out with her instead of Lion and Jay. Ending with Blossompaw asking why Dovepaw would ever consider being friends with Ivypaw.
    5. A rap by Firestar choosing who will go on the journey to fix the beaver problem. At the end a reprise of song 2 sung by Ivypaw alone.
    6. A song with all of the beaver quest cats together.
    7. The beaver quest cats return, and Dovepaw greets Ivypaw. They sing a nice duet together, but Ivypaw’s ending is more sinister than a normal duet ending.
    8. A song starting with everyone going to sleep in ThunderClan camp, leaving Ivypaw alone. She sings this reallllllllly sad song like Memory about being alone, then realises Hawkfrost is next to her and the song ends in a duet.
    10. Dovepaw goes and talks to Ivypaw friendlyly (that’s not a word 😛), but Ivypaw says something horrible but subtly, and Dovepaw is like “what?” Then we get the long awaited rap battle between the two, ending with Ivypaw going as fast as Guns And Ships from Hamilton, making Dovepaw walk away.
    11. Hawkfrost raps about what’s happening in the meadow/DF place, like how Ivypaw is learning to fight like a RiverClan cat.
    12. Reprise of song 8 but about Ivypool learning the DF’s true plans.

ACT TWO
    13. Act two starts with Hawkfrost rapping a reprise of song 11, but with much more sinister things, like “Beetlewhisker gone, Antpelt dead.”
    14. A song sung by Mapleshade mainly to the DF trainees about the great battle.
    15. A relatively fast song sung by Ivypool to the other trainees about changing sides.
    16. A really low song sung by everyone, but Lion, Jay and Holly get solos and Ivy and Dove have a duet.
    17. The last song, a celebration, with references from most of the other songs.

Click my name!

11. Sunfur
    August 5, 2020 at 8:24 pm

This might be the real cast

Hamilton is the best movie ev

12. Sunfur
    August 8, 2020 at 6:43 am

When are we ever find the casts for warriors

Hamilton is the best movie ev