Snowtuft: Where did he come from? by Echomist

Echomist theorizes about Snowtuft’s origins.

Art by Spottedfire23

Hellooooooooo BlogClanners and all other people that stumbled here by complete accident…
I’m Echomist and today I will be solving the unsolvable…
The case of the Snowtuft that came out of nowhere.
SPOILERS FOR OMEN OF THE STARS, THE PROPHECIES BEGIN AND RAVENPAW’S PATH.
Let’s start. I just have to find my magnifying glass… 🙂

Snowtuft must have been born before Mapleshade because it said that Mapleshade was fading, and her white patches were see-through. And if Snowtuft was as old as Mapleshade, he would be practically invisible and I think that would be mentioned in the books, don’t you? Unless, of course, his tale was told by loads of cats and they could all remember him and be scared of him.

Possible Suspects
Snowkit of ThunderClan
Snowstar of ShadowClan
Snowdrop of the Twolegs (couldn’t figure out what to write for that one)
Snowflake of no one
Some cat of SkyClan

Snowkit of ThunderClan
I would love Snowtuft to turn out to be Snowkit, and maybe if it was there could be a stand-off or something with Speckletail. That would be cool.
But unfortunately it would be very unlikely for it to be Snowkit, but it might not be. He might have been like Flametail, who accidentally stumbled upon the Dark Forest whilst trying to get to StarClan. But still; it’s unlikely.

Snowstar of ShadowClan
This is a very possible one. It would only take one kittypet, loner, rogue or Clan cat to remember him.
Also he would have changed his name because it would be kinda awkward, having a leader’s name when you’re not a leader. I mean Tigerstar and Brokenstar kept their names, but they are the leaders of the Dark Forest and Snowtuft isn’t.

Snowdrop of the Twolegs
I know what you’re thinking. “But she’s a she-cat!”
But Erin Hunter made Sparrowfeather a tom for The Last Hope so I wouldn’t put it past them.
But it’s not very likely because she is a kittypet so what could she possibly do that would be that bad and in The Fourth Apprentice (I think) she is very sweet and innocent.

Snowflake of no one
Snowflake could be. Possibly. Probably not. But maybe.

Some cat of SkyClan
This is the most likely one. It’s either a cat of SkyClan, or it’s a cat in Pasha’s band of kittypets. Probably a tom in Pasha’s group that went into SkyClan to spy. That would make a good fanfic… NO ONE STEAL.

So my conclusion is either SkyClan, or Snowstar. But I hope it’s Snowkit. Fingers crossed.

Thank you for reading, I hope this was interesting and have a good day!
May StarClan light your path,

why. Why.

im so stupid

🎃 Eaglefright! (Aquilaaaaaaaaaahhhh with a Halloween name) 👻
🎃 Eaglefright! (Aquilaaaaaaaaaahhhh with a Halloween name) 👻
August 7, 2020 8:48 am

why?
I think this is a perfectly good article and you did a great job on it! 🙂

Bad Wolf!

The Masked Tterror (Shatteredmask)
The Masked Tterror (Shatteredmask)
August 7, 2020 9:26 am

Cringeyyyyy 😛

armed with a newspaper

Turtle ships FirestarXGraystripe forever! (Turtlepaw/ dapple 🐢🐢🐢)
Turtle ships FirestarXGraystripe forever! (Turtlepaw/ dapple 🐢🐢🐢)
August 7, 2020 1:02 pm

I’m not sure who Snowtuft is! I’m just hoping that he’s not Snowkit. I really want Snowkit to just be happy in StarClan playing with other kits, not being all stabby stab kill kill in the Dark Forest.
Buy the Stars

Blaze of Red Hellfire (Redblaze is preparing for Halloween)
Blaze of Red Hellfire (Redblaze is preparing for Halloween)
August 7, 2020 5:02 pm

On the official survey did anyone else put Snowtuft on the manga/ novella question?

Silence will fall....

Stream that Splashes Under Twilight Stars (Streamsplash)
Stream that Splashes Under Twilight Stars (Streamsplash)
August 7, 2020 6:41 pm

I don’t think we will ever find out his origins 😛

Go check out my Deviantart!

The amazing Briarkit!!!
The amazing Briarkit!!!
August 8, 2020 12:23 am

This is an awesome article, I love it! I bet he’s Snowkit.

Cinderpaw
Cinderpaw
August 8, 2020 8:13 pm

This is interesting, but there is also the possibility that snowtuft is just a cat that we don’t know much about, that has no relation to other cats.

Looking for a mentor

Stormfluff
Stormfluff
August 10, 2020 2:01 am

I agree a bit, but if the Erin Hunters intended Snowtuft to turn into Snowkit, don’t you think they wouldn’t have killed him off so quickly? If Snowkit was Snowtuft, they probably would have turned Snowkit into an important character, evil character, or the main character’s friend who gets a super edition of their own?

Flagpost
Flagpost
August 16, 2020 3:06 am

If it was Snowkit,Snowtuft would have these factors:
-Blue eyes
-Being deaf
-Scars from a eagle (his scars are not eagle scars)
-Being a bit younger

Conclusion,Snowkit is very unlikely to be Snowtuft.

The Masked Tterror (Shatteredmask)
The Masked Tterror (Shatteredmask)
September 4, 2020 3:31 pm
Reply to  Flagpost

yep but Briarlight and Longtail’s things were cured when they died, so Snowkit’s would have been too.

armed with a newspaper

Cold Heart of Halloween Zombie ~ Coldheart
Cold Heart of Halloween Zombie ~ Coldheart
August 19, 2020 4:37 am

Snowtuft is such a sweet name! I think he should be in Starclan not in the Dark forest. I mean if my name was Snowtuft and you didn’t know that he’s in the Dark forest where did you think I would be? Starclan.

Trying very hard to be active.

Stormy Moon That Hides Halloween Candy In Shadow (Storm Shadow)
Stormy Moon That Hides Halloween Candy In Shadow (Storm Shadow)
September 4, 2020 3:26 pm

I’m with you and hope it’s Snowkit. I mean, he was never mentioned in Starclan, so it’s possible(was he? I can’t remember, but I don’t think so). But I also think Snowstar is a very likable suspect too.

Shimmersplash
Shimmersplash
October 26, 2020 2:34 am

He s a random old cat who one family he ruined

Leafpool rocks!

• Where-am-I by Shiningpaw(pool)
  • Snowbranch