Why I Hate Star Flower by Turtlepaw

Turtlepaw shares their opinion of Star Flower from Dawn of the Clans.

Artwork by CatsCat

Hello BlogClan! It’s Turtle here back with another article! Today I will be talking about why I hate Star Flower, Clear Sky’s third and final mate.

This article will contain spoilers for the Dawn of the Clans arc, so as I don’t want to spoil the books, please don’t read this if you haven’t read that arc.

So, Star Flower. One Eye’s daughter. Some people like her, but I don’t. Here are some reasons why…

1. She broke Thunder’s heart.

When Star Flower is first introduced in The Blazing Star, Thunder obviously has a huge crush on her. Anybody can see that. Star Flower totally knows about it too. She and Thunder flirt together quite a bit throughout the book.

But then- Star Flower becomes MATES WITH CLEAR SKY! Who does that? You can’t just marry your crush’s dad! That’s so messed up!
Look at it this way: Thunder’s stepmom is his ex. Isn’t that the most weird, messed up thing ever?

2. She betrays cats.

When Thunder and his friends were planning to attack One Eye, Star Flower acted like she would help them. But she betrayed them, and fought by One Eye’s side!
I mean, I guess Star Flower would feel some sort of loyalty towards her father, but STILL! One Eye is EVIL!

Like, super evil!

3. She isn’t real.

Ok, you probably read that third reason and thought, Um, Star Flower is real. A fictional character, but um real in the books?

That’s not exactly what I meant. What I meant was Star Flower acts so sweet it isn’t realistic. Thunder was fooled by her sweet as honey personality. Lightning Tail saw right through it.

Harry Potter fans, think of Umbridge from Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix- a personality like poisoned honey.
Star Flower is like a Venus flytrap plant.

Looks nice (or smells nice) on the outside, lures cats into trusting her with her sweet words (or smell) but it never ends well…

4. Her relationship with Clear Sky isn’t realistic.

So Star Flower joins Clear Sky’s group, and they magically fall in love without any sort of chemistry?

Like, no flirting, no sharing prey, no sharing tongues, no anything?

Just BOOM WE ARE MATES NOW.

And even when they are mates, honestly I think Clear Sky gets worse after Star Flower is his mate. He becomes more annoying, in my opinion.

I mean, Clear Sky was always a little annoying, but he’s like, ANOTHER LEVEL of annoying with Star Flower.

On their own, yeah they’re irritating. Together? Annoyance city.

So those were some reasons I hate Star Flower. Feel free to share your opinion on her in the comments.

Bye everyone! Have a nice day!

Fan Articles

Notify of
Tawnypaw
Tawnypaw
September 4, 2020 11:49 pm

I agree, i hate her 2.

The Amazing Briarkit!!!
The Amazing Briarkit!!!
September 5, 2020 12:09 am

I AGREE WITH YOU 100%. Star Flower is just… I don’t know what to say about her. She’s just… lost again. Oh, I know, four words. A SELFISH EVIL BRAT! I mean, who flirts with someone and then just marries there dad? I love Flower Foot, Dew Petal, and Tiny Branch, they are soooo cute, but I hope that they do not grow up to be like their awful parents. I half-wish(half-wish!) that Star Flower and Clear Sky had a fourth kit that was very strong and stupid and went out into the forest and was slaughtered by a fox or a fourth kit that was very weak and died at birth, either one. AMAZING ARTICLE!

falling feather
falling feather
September 5, 2020 3:11 am

Star Flower is amazing! She stirs the pot that is Dawn of the Clans!
Would Dawn of the Clans be better without her? No! Absolutely not! >:(

Thunder needed to be knocked down a peg, who stepped up? Star Flower

Thunder is still awful and there needs to be more plot, who swooped in? Star Flower

Warriors needs a cunning and charismatic female character who will inspire many a headcanon, who filled the role? Star Flower

Warriors needs another romance for Clear Sky to make him even more unlikable, who delivered? Star Flower

✧ vouch for foxie! ✧

Last edited 14 days ago by falling feather
Rainshine 🌸 Rainie
Rainshine 🌸 Rainie
September 5, 2020 3:13 am

this sounds like a motivational speech and i was entranced for a hot second there

下雨天的阳光

falling feather
falling feather
September 5, 2020 3:34 am

wisdom 😎

✧ vouch for foxie! ✧

Whiterabbit
Whitepaw (Whiterabbit)
September 5, 2020 4:47 pm

We do need Star Flower in the series, and I like how you put that. WE NEED STAR FLOWER TO DO ALL OF THE BAD THINGS THAT HAPPEN! SHE NEEDS TO BEEN IN THE SERIES!

The Hooded Black STELTHbird (Raven || Ravenpaw/thorn)
The Hooded Black STELTHbird (Raven || Ravenpaw/thorn)
September 14, 2020 6:08 am

yeah, we do need Star Flower in the series just like we need Tigerstar and Brokenstar, even though if she is the most hateable thing in existence.
sometimes hateable characters are necessary.

Your Tidesong is unnecessary

BloodMoon6
BloodMoon6
September 15, 2020 7:49 pm

Wisdom.

❤️ Graystripe x Waffles ❤️

tigerstar the second
tigerstar the second
September 5, 2020 1:09 pm

So true
I mean she betrayed thunder causing one eye to take over clear sky’s camp and then next thing you know there mates!!!

falling feather
falling feather
September 7, 2020 12:21 am

clear sky couldn’t ignore all of star flower’s charms

The Masked Tterror (Shatteredmask)
The Masked Tterror (Shatteredmask)
September 6, 2020 7:42 pm

weird thought but clear sky is like claude frollo from the hunchback of Notre dame

armed with a newspaper

Last edited 12 days ago by The Masked Tterror (Shatteredmask)
Flowerleaf hasn't been on BlogClan since Newleaf
Flowerleaf hasn't been on BlogClan since Newleaf
September 8, 2020 7:21 pm

Star Flower is absolutely irritating! I am rereading Dawn of the Clans, and honestly, she gets worse every time her name is mentioned. Hey! Take a look at this quote that she said once Thunder leaves his group with some cats:

“It’s been a tough day. But don’t be sad. A few troublemakers have left, that’s all. This is your chance to build the loyal, strong group you have always wanted. Let Thunder go if he wants. His only ambition is to fill his belly. He will never be the leader that you are.”

This sentence just irks me. I hate it. Star Flower, a cat who manipulated the very same Thunder she’s talking about, who betrayed the early Clans by siding with her father One-Eye, is here rubbing up to Clear Sky! And it isn’t helping that in A Forest Divided Clear Sky’s being an OOC sulky, soppy mess.
It was because of Thunder that she was even allowed into the Clans in the first place. But that isn’t even it. She is constantly acting like she knows best for every cat and justifying Clear Sky’s unjustifiable actions. Like when Quiet Rain disowns him. Clear Sky just as well divided the forest, killing cats to do it. Murder isn’t justifiable no matter what you do or say. He took the life of a cat he had lived alongside for nearly his whole life.
And Star Flower comforts him.

Clear Sky: Am I a monster?

Star Flower: No. You’re a hero and a leader. You make tough decisions that other cats fear. There’s no shame in that.

Her cunning and manipulative nature makes her even more horrible. I can’t go over everything in this comment, however.
So yeah, I don’t like Star Flower.

Sparkling Sunblaze
Sparkling Sunblaze
September 8, 2020 9:20 pm

yeah and shes real annoying

Alstroemeriashine
Alstroemeriashine
September 9, 2020 9:58 pm

agreed

Starspeckle
Starspeckle
September 9, 2020 7:56 pm

I absolutely agree with Turtlepaw.
It’s like,
Star Flower:I am breaking up with you
Thunder: *heart breaks*

4 hours later…
Star Flower: I mated with your dad!
Thunder: Seriously, haven’t you broken my heart enough lady?

Stormfluff
Stormfluff
September 14, 2020 4:01 am
Reply to  Starspeckle

She’s basically like: “I don’t like you anymore. I’m going to go ={oof}= your dad now. {ThUmBs Up)

BloodMoon6
BloodMoon6
September 15, 2020 7:52 pm
Reply to  Starspeckle

Her face be like: 😏👌

❤️ Graystripe x Waffles ❤️

Dovefall
Dovefall
September 10, 2020 2:59 am

I definitely agree with you 100%. It is very gross how she was leading Thunder on like “hey you’re cool let’s hang out” then all of a sudden she had betrayed Thunder by letting One Eye take over the camp and then all of a sudden she is mates with HIS FATHER!?

I love Thunder so of course I’m going to have bad opinions about Star Flower. She was okay when she first came in but after that stuff happened I was like nope.

Warrior Cats are life! XD

Stormfluff
Stormfluff
September 10, 2020 2:55 pm

Frick Star Flower.

Frostpaw
Frostpaw
September 10, 2020 5:36 pm

I totally agree. She is sort of a Mary Sue. Once she was described with purple eyes

• Thistlekit:pool