Who is the Bramblestar impostor? by Cinderfall

Cinderfall wonders who the imposter from The Broken Code is.

Art by thewisestdino

I know that a lot of people have already done this, but I have done a lot of combing through the books to find reasons. I will also leave links at the bottom of the article to Bright Guardian Akira’s “Warriors has a new villain” theory that I find intriguing and likely. I will bring this up later. So, here is what I will be doing. Although I am not going to tell you who it is quite yet, I will bring up peaces of evidence and rule out candidates that could be likely. If you think you have a idea that is not in this article, please post a comment below. Here is a list of the cats it could be.
-Ashfur
-Tigerclaw-star
-Hawkfrost
-Thistleclaw
-Mapleshade
-Hollyleaf
-Clear Sky/Skystar
-Sol
-Darktail

So lets get started. Evidence one. The impostor has dark blue eyes. In my opinion this rules out many theories, such as Sol, Hollyleaf, Mapleshade, Tigerstar, Thistleclaw, and Hawkfrost. And to rule out almost all of the characters just listed, the character has to be familiar with the territories as they were in Power of Three or Omen of the Stars, but not really once SkyClan came. This rules out Clear Sky, Mapleshade, Thistleclaw, but the cat has to be either unfamiliar or favorable with SkyClan, as there are no Skyclan codebreakers. This rules out Sol, who hates SkyClan, and Darktail, for the same reasons as Sol. It is also a tom, so goodbye Mapleshade and Hollyleaf. I think we can assume it is not Tigerstar or Hawkfrost, because they are dead. Like, dead dead. Like so dead that they died twice. At this point we only have Ashfur left. I do believe he is the impostor. He fits all of the reasons

One: the cat seems to be targeting Squirrelflight, her son Alderheart, her daughter Sparkpelt, her adopted son Jayfeather, and her adopted son Lionblaze. Ashfur has a reason to hate all of these cats, as they are close to Squirrelflight.

Two: the Erins said that the Bramblestar impostor was a very controversial character among the warrior cats fandom. Ashfur is very much controversial.

Three: Shadowsight had a vision of ash swirling around him, covering is pelt giving him ASH FUR.

Four: the cat is most likely from StarClan, but still have a reason to hate the clans. Ashfur fits the description.

Five: the impostor tells Squirrelflight that he came back for her. It is obvious that Ashfur still wants to see her

Six: when the impostor is told by Bristlestar that Squirrelflight is dead, he seems genuinely sad. It is a well known fact that Ashfur loved Squirrelflight.

Those are my reasons for it being Ashfur. as mentioned earlier, it is likley that Ashfur is just working with the main villan. He even says “I just took advantage of a opportunity” That opportunity is offered to him by… Spiresight! Yes. You heard me correctly, Spiresight. Tigerheart and Dovewing transformed the guardian cats into a warriors society, and then left with some of their cats! Spiresight even died because of them. Please note, this is just a theory by Bright Guardian Akira that I agree with. I am not 100% sure this is true. If you would like me to write a full article on this, please respond to the poll below.

Poll for TBC Villain

Coldheart
September 8, 2020 8:13 pm

Give him a break.

Purple Dusk
Purple Dusk
September 9, 2020 1:39 am

For point number 2, are you certain that the Erin’s said the IMPOSTER was the controversial character would be returning? Or did the quote say that A controversial character would be returning?
Sorry, that just came to my mind.

You certainly go through while it has to be Ashfur. In fact, you make it seem like the only person who can be the imposter is Ashfur. If your goal was to make us believe that Ashfur was the imposter, you succeeded.

tigerstar the second
tigerstar the second
September 9, 2020 8:21 am

If the cat possessing Bramblestar can do that then there is a possibility it is powerful enough to change eye colour meaning it could be sol or Darktail

Cinderpaw
Cinderpaw
September 9, 2020 8:03 pm

While that may be true, they both harbor a lot of hate towards SkyClan, and the impostor tried to have no SkyClan cats, (except for Kitescratch, but he also did literally nothing to either of them, and this is very obviously a revenge mission of some sort. I think Darktail would have at least TRIED to get Hawkwing exiled.)

Irinasplash
Irinasplash
September 9, 2020 12:59 pm

Squirrelflight may guessed incorrectly

Cinderpaw
Cinderpaw
September 9, 2020 8:08 pm
Reply to  Irinasplash

True… but I still think that their is so much evidence towards the impsteror being Ashfur. Besides, have you see the cover for The Place of No Stars? Let me show you couple of images.
Ashfur on the Long Shadows cover next to the place of no stars cover:

Ashfur evidence.jpg
Archpaw
Archpaw
September 9, 2020 4:55 pm

(=

Midnightshadow
Midnightshadow
September 9, 2020 5:42 pm

It wouldn’t make sense for the imposter to be any of those besides Ashfur, literally what evil cat is obessed with Squirrelflight? ASHFUR!

Midnightshadow :3

Rabbitflame
Rabbitflame
September 10, 2020 6:38 pm

I don’t think it’s Ashfur.

I think it might be scourge. He has blue eyes doesn’t he?

Silverpaw (shadow) 🐾
Silverpaw (shadow) 🐾
September 17, 2020 6:13 pm
Reply to  Rabbitflame

all the clues point to Ashfur though

Rabbitflame
Rabbitflame
September 10, 2020 6:42 pm

i think scourge fits reason one, because scourge hates firestar for killing him, and squirrelflight and alderheart, sparkpelt, lionblaze, jayfeather are all related to firestar. also, scourge has blue eyes, and he might have told squirrelflight he came baxk for her becuz he wanted to kill her.

Pinemarsh
Pinemarsh
September 11, 2020 5:16 pm
Reply to  Rabbitflame

ya that does work but it could be any one of them

Cinderpaw
Cinderpaw
September 11, 2020 9:41 pm
Reply to  Rabbitflame

But squirrelflight doesn’t really know scourge. even also isn’t from starclan, and the iBook previous ew for darkness within came out on the first, and we get a prologue from starclan’s point of view where they fret over trusting someone they never should have trusted.

BloodMoon6
BloodMoon6
September 14, 2020 9:39 pm

Well there’s one cat that could also be possessing Bramblestar. Hear me out: Leopardstar. Even though she’s a girl, has amber eyes, and has no motives, I noticed a little something from the prophecies begin. She, obviously, hates Tigerstar I, but became bitter also towards Firestar after the battle where Whiteclaw died. She also strictly follows the warrior code and isn’t too fond of outsiders in a clan. That would explain why the codebreakers are… The codebreakers. And the fact she was from RiverClan could be why she forgot Dewnose’s name and the actual camp itself.

But then, if it WAS her, Squirrelflight wouldn’t have thought the situation was worse than it came off as.

(Btw, I purely think it’s Ashfur. I just once considered Leopardstar. I also considered Goosefeather, but he had no grudges against Firestar. And he DEFINITELY likes Firestar now that Tigerstar is gone, just as Goosefeather wanted.)

❤️ Graystripe x Waffles ❤️

BloodMoon6
BloodMoon6
September 15, 2020 5:27 pm

How do you delete a comment? I thought my Leopardstar one was deleted so I made this one, and now I can’t get rid of it.

❤️ Graystripe x Waffles ❤️

Last edited 2 days ago by BloodMoon6
Silverpaw (shadow) 🐾
Silverpaw (shadow) 🐾
September 17, 2020 6:08 pm

I think everybody knows that the imposter is Ashfur now

Last edited 1 day ago by Silverpaw (shadow) 🐾