Why SandxFire is better than SpottedxFire by Silver_Leaf

Silver_Feather discusses two of Firestar’s relationships from the series.

Art by Vialir (separate; unknown editor)

Hi everyone! I’m Silver_Feather, and this is the first article I’ve written, so please don’t judge and give me hate comments. Today I am going to give my opinions about an ongoing argument: SandxFire V.S. SpottedxFire. (Please note that even the start is very normal, the ending is going to be very… shouty)
Now, I’m going to be completely honest with you. I’m a hardcore shipper of SandxFire and I completely disagree with SpottedxFire. Why? Spottedleaf to me is a mary-sue. *hides at the boos* SpottedxFire is a type of relationship that is like “OMG. She’s so pretty!” to me and doesn’t anyone realize about the age difference? Sure there are many ships that are age different, but this one for me goes completely out of order. And Firestar has only met her for about… 2 days, before she died. To me, I just don’t understand why Firestar doesn’t give her up. She’s DEAD, for StarClan’s sake!! I was rereading Firestar’s quest for the third time when I started to think: Does Firestar love Spottedleaf or Sandstorm more? If he actually loved Sandstorm, he wouldn’t still be mooning over Spottedleaf like a kit following it’s mother. At some part, Spottedleaf said to Firestar: “I’d give anything for things to be different.”. Sure, Sandstorm was acting very hot-headed, but she has the right to be. Firestar was a little (not a little!) too nice to Spottedleaf! How would you feel if you say your boyfriend mooning over his ex? If it was me, I would be 20 times worse than Sandstorm was! In that scene, Spottedleaf and Firestar was like flirting with each other! A living and a dead FLIRTING WITH EACH OTHER?! I don’t understand why Spottedleaf is acting like Firestar is in love with her, when they only met for TWO DAYS!!! And he mentions her WAAAAY to much. You don’t believe me?

“Leafkit – named after Leafstar, also Spottedleaf”
“Don’t you wish Spottedleaf were with you right now?” The question took Firestar by surprise. What would it be like to have the StarClan medicine cat by his side? Would she be able to convince him that he was doing the right thing?”

And another part that just confuses and angers me. WHY does Firestar say that Spottedleaf has sweet breath and SCENT? What does she eat? TOOTHPASTE? What did she do to make her smell so ‘sweet’? Dump a pile of shampoo in a bathtub and roll into it? That’s just unfair. *deep breaths* And, I just hate how he talks about her every single time he thinks about medicine cat. Why would he choose between his CHILDHOOD crush and his LONG-TIME mate? Think about it. It’s just wrong. To be honest, I was literally happy-crying when I was on the scene where Spottedleaf dies for the second time.
And don’t you think that Firestar overreact when Spottedleaf dies? He SOBBED for StarClan’s sake! I don’t even think he had even CRIED for Sandstorm when she ever got hurt very badly. He even said that Spottedleaf promised that she would be there in StarClan to welcome him? Seriously? The first thing he talks about is Spottedleaf this, Spottedleaf that. Please, Firestar. A bit of love for Sandstorm, your real mate?? And seriously, when he needed to make the deputy, he wanted Spottedleaf to help him. Why didn’t he just go and look for Sandstorm for help instead of a dead cat who only replies that he has to choose himself?? AND, I hate she just acts like: “Peace, dear one…” it’s just so annoying. She’s the type of a goody-two-shoes and I don’t like it when she is just describe as beautiful and has a sweet scent to everyone. After reading this part, you’re probably thinking: “Why is Firestar still pretending to be Sandstorm’s mate when he loves Spottedleaf even more?” No and no. Just listen: Firestar obviously loves Sandstorm a lot more than Spottedleaf. You don’t believe me?

“He raced downriver, scrambling over rocks slick with water. Desperately he scanned the banks and the surging water, convinced that every scrap of tossing debris might be his beloved mate. Standing on a boulder, he stared down at the black, gurgling water a tail-length below. If Sandstorm was dead, he would never, ever forgive himself. Whatever had happened to her, if she was drowned or lying injured somewhere, it was his fault. He let out a whimper of grief. How could he have let Sandstorm believe that he would rather have been with Spottedleaf? It was Sandstorm he loved, and he would do anything to live the time over again and send her across the tree trunk first.

Overall, I’m just going to say: Please don’t hate me because this is my true opinion of Spottedleaf. I love Sandstorm and Firestar and I hope I managed to convince you that their relationship is better tan SpottedxFire. Thank you and please don’t judge.

Fan Articles

~Rosekit who loves Mac n' Cheese~
~Rosekit who loves Mac n' Cheese~
November 11, 2020 4:36 pm

Finally someone who sees my point of view! I’ve never like firexspotted or Spottedleaf in general.

Mint Leaf That Dances In The Wind (Mintpaw)
Mint Leaf That Dances In The Wind (Mintpaw)
November 11, 2020 4:38 pm

and i agree

Jadewhisper
Jadewhisper
November 11, 2020 7:57 pm

I AGREE TOTALLY!!!! One thing though- Spottedleaf was beautiful. I really only love her outer appearance and she is holding on to Firestar (a tom with a MATE and KITS) to dearly, and if she loved him she would let go

Stormstrike
Stormstrike
November 11, 2020 9:51 pm

Honestly, I like both. No problem with either of them.

Thundertail
Thundertail
November 12, 2020 9:27 pm
Reply to  Stormstrike

Yeah, that’s kind of me too.

Moon blossom
Moon blossom
November 12, 2020 10:09 pm
Reply to  Stormstrike

I sooo agree!

Christmas Coldheart
Coldheart
November 12, 2020 12:19 am

Stop right there. Firestar loved her, and for a good reason. She was gentle and kind. Spottedleaf probably just I don’t know, was so pretty and sweet and was always in the medicine den, that’s why she smelled good. And think how many times she must’ve chewed up something for her Clanmates. Spottedleaf died protecting SANDSTORM!! UNFAIR! She did it for her love for Firestar, don’t argue. How many times has he mentioned Sandstorm! More than Spottedleaf, I can bet. Most of TPB was about Sandstorm this, Sandstorm that. Spottedleaf’s wiser, being in StarClan and older than Sandstorm, THAT’S why he asked her for help on Deputyship choices! Plus, wouldn’t Sandtorm, being as hot-headed as she was, wanted herself for deputyship? She aint a goody-two shoes and will never be! READ SPOTTEDLEAF’S HEART, FOR STARCLAN’S SAKE! YOU’LL SEE WHY SHE’S LIKE PEACE DEAR ONE!!! Thistleclaw is the worst! Firestar literally said it was Sandstorm he loved so, PEACE! Thank you, SpottedxFire forever!

falling feather
falling feather
November 12, 2020 3:26 am
Reply to  Coldheart

yesss spottedleaf’s heart is a really really important perspective

Christmas Coldheart
Coldheart
November 12, 2020 1:39 pm

Thank you!

Leafpool517
Leafpool517
November 12, 2020 3:08 pm
Reply to  Coldheart

I totally agree! Spottedxfire forever!

Silvershine
Silvershine
November 15, 2020 8:57 am
Reply to  Coldheart

I agree with you, but to be honest, I never rly think about these things. I just read the books, imagine being a cat and joining Thunderclan, and move on to the next book. Why does everyone always argue about this! Also, I am about to get Spottedleafs Heart, so I’ll catch up on that in a bit.
Btw, I’m sry for being late.

Moon blossom
Moon blossom
November 12, 2020 10:24 pm

[Mod edit: comment trimmed for a lot of caps lock. Please use your indoor voices 🙂 ] And l say this not with hatred or spite, and of course every one’s allowed to voice and have their opinion, but you really shouldn’t be HAPPY when Spottedleaf DIES for the final time, really. And l see you didn’t even MENTION that she gave up her life in Starclan to save Sandstorm because she loved Firestar?! Cause she did?

Lavenderpaw
Lavenderpaw
November 14, 2020 3:51 pm

Yessss SandxFire! Honestly you’re right, he does overreact over Spottedleaf considering he met her like 2 days ago.

ferntail
ferntail
November 15, 2020 1:00 am

I agree how does she get that sweet scent?

raven has a really cool christmas name but no one knows about it (ravenpaw/thorn)
November 15, 2020 6:58 pm
Reply to  ferntail

Catmint?
But shouldn’t Yellow, Cinder, Jay, and Alder also get that intoxicating (what is that word again?) scent as well?

November 15, 2020 6:56 pm