Why the real villain wasn’t Mapleshade by Wildpaw

Wildpaw shares why they think Mapleshade wasn’t the real villain of her story.

Art by Mizu-no-Akira

Hey again, Hey again. This article will be about how Mapleshade wasn’t the real villain. Anyway, I feel very strongly about this, and this will basically be my rampage on defending Mapleshade. Enjoy:

So, the only reason Mapleshade was evil is because of Ravenwing. Ravenwing the Medicine Cat. So, if you haven’t read Mapleshade’s Vengeance, Ravenwing is the old ThunderClan Medicine Cat who served under Oakstar’s leadership. So, one day, Mapleshade was watching her kits swim, and Ravenwing just happens to see it. Mapleshade begged him not to tell the clan, but he tells Oakstar anyway. This leads to why Oakstar was also a villain. He should have understood why Mapleshade lied. He should have known she would try to hide it, especially when you think that the kits father killed his son. But the thing is, Birchface, Oakstar’s son, fell of of Sunningrocks. Appledusk didn’t kill him. So anyway, Frecklewish is another villain. I have the feeling Oakstar would have given Mapleshade a different punishment had Frecklewish not interfered. She TOLD Oakstar to exile Mapleshade, leading to the death of Mapleshade’s kits. If Frecklewish hadn’t had interrupted Oakstar, Mapleshade might not have been exiled. This leads to why Appledusk is also a villain. After he saved Mapleshade from drowning, he told Mapleshade is was HER fault the kits died. He said that SHE, a THUNDERCLAN CAT, should have known their was a flood. How was a THUNDERCLAN CAT going to know there was a flood! For the last time, she’s from THUNDERCLAN! NOT RIVERCLAN! Appledusk and Darkstar kind of the into one in this. When Darkstar refuses to let Mapleshade join, Appledusk calls his relationship with her a MISTAKE! Mapleshade loved Appledusk enough, she tried to join RiverClan after she was exiled from ThunderClan, but then Appledumb calls his relationship a MISTAKE! Appledusk was her only reason left to live! SO, that set off the murder spree. Also, if you think about it, Mapleshade never killed Frecklewish. She was bitten by an Adder. Also, Appledusk never even asked for the names of his kits. Never even once!

If you have read all of this and are confused, honest I’m saying is Mapleshade is innocent.(kinda). It was Ravenwing who started everything. It was Frecklewish who demanded Mapleshade be exiled. It was Oakstar who listened to his daughter. It was Appledusk that pulled the final straws, saying it was Mapleshade’s fault the kits died, and then destroyed her last reason to live. So yeah. Thanks for reading my rampage.

Fan Articles

Thornfeather
Thornfeather
November 15, 2020 3:55 pm

hmmm..
I think Mapleshade is a real villian.
But the cats you mentioned are ALSO a villian.

shadowfang
shadowfang
November 16, 2020 1:03 am
Reply to  Thornfeather

I wouldn’t call them villains I would just say they handled the situation badly.

Thornfeather
Thornfeather
November 17, 2020 7:21 am
Reply to  shadowfang

Oh,really? You say..? Your words make me think that they did it as a mistake. but no. Oakstar and Frecklewish is definately a villian,because they let 3 innocent kits drown. by PURPOSE. and Ravenwing…Ravenwing isn’t a villian,just a jerk for having a cold heart. And Appledusk…Definately a villian.He too,in purpose,gushed over Mapleshade when things were good(cough cough while cheating behind her back cough cough) and when things gone bad,he just turned his back on her,just blaming her,and her only for the kits death,and exiling his former mate out withered. Reedshine..isn’t a villian. But i still hate her for being mates with that Trash Appledusk.

☁️🤟🏼🌎Shadowsong 🌺🖤🎶
☁️🤟🏼🌎Shadowsong 🌺🖤🎶
November 18, 2020 3:30 am
Reply to  Thornfeather

Thornshadow…. Amen to what you said lol. And Shadowfang…. They couldve handled it better, ALL of the cats

Ravenflight_Cupcake
Ravenflight_Cupcake
November 15, 2020 5:42 pm

Yes, yes, yes, defend Mapleshade!!

Amberpaw/blaze
Amberpaw/blaze
November 19, 2020 4:23 pm

I pity mapleshade,imagne having your kits die then finding out that cats were there and did nothing to help!

shadowfang
shadowfang
November 16, 2020 1:02 am

I’m sorry I don’t see how this justifies MURDER. It was her fault that her kits drown, she could have SEEN that the river was flooded, and you say that she wouldn’t know that the river was flooded, but I say the the river borders thunderclan they should be aware that the river floods. Plus, Ravenwing did NOTHING wrong tell their leader about a VIOLATION TO THE CODE! She is a villain, just because a few cats may have not handled things perfectly doesn’t mean she can MURDER THREE CATS AND HAUNT THE CLANS FOR THE REST OF HER SPIRIT LIFE!!!

Sorry about the rant, I do that A LOT!!!

Accidentally Shattered Ice (Ttera | Shatteredmask)
Accidentally Shattered Ice (Ttera | Shatteredmask)
November 16, 2020 6:12 pm
Reply to  shadowfang

Mapleshade had nowhere else but RiverClan to go. The other Clans wouldn’t help her. Oakstar was freaking ATTACKING KITTYPETS IN THEIR OWN HOMES, so they would loathe her, so the only place was RiverClan. He had her and her kits in a corner.

Hawkwing
Hawkwing
November 16, 2020 8:45 pm
Reply to  shadowfang

Nope 🙂

🍁Maplestripe🍁
🍁Maplestripe🍁
November 16, 2020 8:27 pm

I think Mapleshade was innocent until she went on her “murdering spree”. I think it would be interesting if the authors added a plot twist for example: Mapleshade being possessed by the same force as in Darkness Within. Then again, I could be biased because my name is Maplestripe.

🍁Maplestripe🍁
🍁Maplestripe🍁
November 16, 2020 8:28 pm

Why should Bluestar literally become leader while Mapleshade did the exact same thing and died (granted she did kill, but as I said in a different comment, maybe she was possessed).

Hawkwing
Hawkwing
November 16, 2020 8:43 pm

YES FINALLY! Somebody besides me has seen the truth! Amen to that!

Rabbit-Shaped Flame Winking in Hearth (Rabbitflame
Rabbit-Shaped Flame Winking in Hearth (Rabbitflame
November 16, 2020 10:19 pm
Reply to  Hawkwing

are you real

🍁Maplestripe🍁
🍁Maplestripe🍁
November 22, 2020 8:59 pm

Yes, I am. Are you?

Hawkwing
Hawkwing
November 16, 2020 8:46 pm

Calling him ‘Appledumb’ was the cherry on top

🍁Maplestripe🍁
🍁Maplestripe🍁
November 16, 2020 9:54 pm
Reply to  Hawkwing

I agree

Darkocean
Darkocean
November 17, 2020 5:25 pm

Impressive article

Christmas Coldheart
Coldheart
November 17, 2020 10:50 pm

Mmmm….. I defend Frecklewish. But I agree with the Mapleshade is not a villain. Brilliant article!

☁️🤟🏼🌎Shadowsong 🌺🖤🎶
☁️🤟🏼🌎Shadowsong 🌺🖤🎶
November 18, 2020 3:28 am

I agree!!!!!!!!! She is like Scourge and Brokenstar, and literally like every single villain you can think of! Maybe I will make a blog post about this, but I agree with you. Great article; short, sweet, and straight to the point. I love mapleshade, she is a great example of a strong female lead 🙂

Swiftpaw (feather)
Swiftpaw (feather)
November 21, 2020 7:29 am

I agree with this article.
first of all mapleshade could not have used the bridge because she was forced on the SOUTH SIDE and the bridge was on the NORTH SIDE (I think…)

Hollypool
Hollypool
November 22, 2020 5:28 am

Ravenwing and Frecklewish are jerks not villians. Frecklewish was truly hurt when Maple told her the kits died. Maple was always kinda jealous

• Doveflight