Emberheart lists some of the saddest and most epic deaths from the series.
SADDEST: I know, “Firestar isn’t on this one!” but it’s because when he died there wasn’t much emotion put in like it was for these characters. It was sad, but Dovewing just didn’t show enough.
1. Silverstream [We all know how sad it was when Silverstream died, all too well. Graystripe’s first, and in my opinion best, love. She died while kitting, never even getting to name them, or see them grow up. She never got to teach them to fish or to love their father. There she was, splayed out on a rock. Graystripe burried her one the border between ThunderClan and RiverClan, and even though Graystripe has Millie, he still finds himself thinking about her.]
2. Mosskit [Mosskit was never meant to die because of Bluestar’s arrogance in forbidden love. It always strikes the hardest when they had a life to live, but it was torn away from the young ones. Mosskit was so sweet, and was reunited with her mother, father, and brother in StarClan. I also think she was the youngest cat to give a life. Well done, little Mosskit.]
3. Bluestar [Oh Bluestar. Taking her last moments to apologize to her kits, make up for what she had done, and remember the importance of her clan. Sometimes when a death scene is really long you just start crying because you can’t hold it in anymore.]
4. Spottedleaf [Hear me out, Spottedleaf was one of the first deaths in the Warriors series, so none of us were used to losing a character, and come on, “Goodbye my sweet spottedleaf,” broke my heart. I’m noticing a pattern here. Medicine cats dying to save kits. Cinderpelt, Spottedleaf, whoever dies next… ]
5. Yellowfang [She started to lose her mind before she went. Repeating things and such. But she died noble. Yellowfang wanted to save Halftail, bringing him into her den during a fire, but she inhaled too much smoke, leaving her dying slowly and painfully. She told Firestar that she loved him, wishing he was her son instead of Brokentail.]
6. Feathertail [Feathertail died to save which she loved. She was selfless, leaping onto a spike in the roof, bringing it down on the vicious Sharptooth. The beautiful daughter of Silverstream and Graystripe had met her forbidden love, Crowfeather, and sacrificed herself to save him and the tribe. In return, she was welcome in the tribe of endless hunting and Crowfeather honored her with his warrior name.]
7. Cinderpelt [One of my favorite characters. She died protecting Sorreltail’s beautiful new-born kits. Badgers burst into the camp, and when she was dying, Leafpool returned to make a promise; never to leave her clan again.]
8. Snowfur [Hit by a monster on the thunderpath. I don’t know what was sadder, Snowfur dying, or what Bluefur had to tell Whitekit when she returned. Snowfur was his mother.]
1. Tigerstar [Having all nine lives ripped away by the claws of one cat? So dramatic. So cool.]
2. Stonefur [Defending the half-clan kits, Featherpaw and Stormpaw from Darkstripe and Blackfoot. They said they would leet Stonefur live if he proved his loyalty by killing the apprentices. Stonefur refused, and Tigerstar ordered Blackfoot and Darkstripe to kill him in an unfair fight. Stonefur fought, spoke, and died with courage and strength of a true warrior.]
3. Firestar’s greencough death [When greencough breaks out in the camp, they send the sick cats away and Firestar goes with them, saying he will protect them and they only have one life to lose. He gets greencough and dies amoung his sick clanmates. Even after he revives, he stays with the sick cats.]
4. Darkstripe [Yes. Graystripe killing Darkstripe? Just yes.]
5. Swiftpaw [Swiftpaw and Brightpaw went out in the woods to fight what was stealing prey in order to earn their warrior names. Swiftpaw is mauled by a pack of dogs trying to protect Brightpaw, but she still gets horrible scars. Brightheart said he fought like LionClan, torn apart by the evil creatures.]
6. Jake [Struck by a meteorite???]