My five favourite cats by Leafdapple

Leafdapple shares their favourite cats from the series. Which of these cats are on your list?

Art by Warrior-Junkie

I’ve seen loads of people write articles on their favourite characters, so naturally I wanted to write one too. Anyway, I have a few controversial opinions as well so this should be exciting!

#5: Clear Sky
I know a lot of people hate him, but he’s such a complicated character (and I might make another article defending him). His struggles with Gray Wing and everything else make for an awesome plot and I personally found his chapters the most interesting of all of them. He is my favourite DotC character as you can see by my list.

#4: Brambleclaw
I don’t like Bramblestar as much, but Brambleclaw is one of my favourites. I love how he continually proves himself to be a loyal warrior and separate himself from his father’s shadow. This is especially hard for him in Sunset as well because of Tigerstar’s and Hawkfrost’s influence. Him and Squirrelflight are a great couple too!

#3: Dovewing and Ivypool
Many people hate Dovewing. A smaller amount hate Ivypool, but I’m one of those people who likes both equally! I can really empathise with both Dovewing and Ivypool: Dovewing for her responsibilities from when she was an apprentice and the Tigerheart vs Bumblestripe triangle and Ivypool for the jealousy of being overshadowed by someone else. These she-cats are both brilliant and I think that there is no reason not to like both. I know they both have flaws, but if they didn’t they’d be boring (Dovewing is NOT a Mary-Sue, she has many problems like coping with her power, and would a Mary-Sue whine about it? No! And she only whined as a young apprentice. She was never mean to Ivypool, only maybe tactless).

#2: Jayfeather
Jayfeather is amazing and really relatable. I understand how he feels when everyone feels sorry for him all the time, and he has such courage to turn away from the destiny he always wanted, to the one he knew he must choose. He then had to deal with his true parentage and the humiliation that came with it. He’s really interesting as a character and as a medicine cat as well.

#1: Leafpool
Leafpool is so kind and gentle. I can relate to her, also being sensitive and I think her life has been so hard. She had to make so many sacrifices, from her kits, to Crowfeather, for a while her job as a medicine cat, her dignity, looking after the whole cla- I could go on for ever. And all the while, she hardly ever complained (which I would have if I was her and there are certain times when people need to complain). Leafpool is one of the most dedicated medicine cats ever.

Let me know what you think in the comments!

Bye until my next article!

Leafdapple

Fan Articles

Briarshine
Briarshine
November 26, 2020 1:22 pm

Yay! I’m saying Yay a lot these days…
But anyway.
I’m so glad somebody likes Leafpool! I don’t know why, but I’ve been surrounded by people who say Leafpool is a MARY-SUE. I agree about you of everything except Jayfeather, who just always irritated me. Same with Hollyleaf and Lionblaze(Lionblaze was my favorite of those three). But that’s not the problem.
Anyway, their mother was my all-time favorite… next to Firestar, Sandstorm, Graystripe… *rambles on*

Anyway, it’s so nice to see somebody who understands Leafpool’s heartbreaking/warming dedication of the century… *sobs*

Sorry, I’m just a bit emotional when it comes to Leafpool and Leaf x Crow. I’ve disliked Ivypool from when she was lured and trained by the Dark Forest, but she’s likable for me now, and I’ve always liked Dovewing. She’s not a Mary-Sue, neither of them.

Clear Sky? He was an interesting… kind of a Snape character? He was a very interesting character to read about, but still… he was very vicious… so pompous… ambitious… reminds me of Percy Weasley… only more stronger villain type…

I think I’m rambling here, so I’ll end with a quick word. Two words.

Leafpool wins!

Oh. Oops. I can’t.

Brambleclaw, in fact. I was irritated. This lovely kind of annoying apprentice was cute! Then he becomes a natural leader. Sure. Alright. You’re leader. I get it. You’re leader of the group… but Firestar’s the leader… boohoo.
Then he kills Hawkfrost. All right. Good job. Now, Leafpool… are you still heartbroken over Crowfeather?

Yup. As you can see, he was my neutral character. Then after he avoids Squirrelflight for, like, six moons which is probably six years or so? Or ten? In human life(I’m not so sure, though), and I’m ready to burst. But I keep my head, saying, All… right… yeah… totally not right for him to hate Squirrel, but… I’ll keep my head… because I don’t want to make my neighbors knock on my door and scold me for screaming my lungs out…

Then he becomes Bramblestar. They recite his name before he gets it. I was irritated by the death of dear Firestar, and it just irritated me more. But it was just a personal problem.

Then he’s bitter of his father. Okay. Still…? He’s… fully dead. I thought you were over his shadow. Nah, but whatever.

Then… I don’t know, why did Brambleclawstar hear of SkyClan in the first place?
And when he was ohsosorry for himself for being deceived, why was he and Squirrelflight mates again? Because of Jessy?
Well, I liked Bramble x Squirrel, so I didn’t care much.

But somehow, he just irritated me.
He was this annoying little cat.
Then… he’s in the border of StarClan and the Dark Forest.
I haven’t read the Broken Code yet, but I know enough to say, OMG, will you die? Don’t return; I seriously need a Squirrelstar! Yay! I hate those who defy my Squirrelflight!
Yup. Same; I strongly dislike Bramblestar and is totally neutral and fine with Brambleclaw of the early ages.

Uh… now I’ve finished rambling and ranting… I feel really awkward.
Well, it was nice spilling out my feelings and watch my battery die away!

Dovepaw
Dovepaw
November 26, 2020 1:26 pm

LeAfY
This article was amazing! I love Leafpool too :0

Swallowstripe
Swallowstripe
November 26, 2020 1:46 pm

Love Jayfeather, like Brambleclaw/star, but hate Dovewing.
Okay with the rest! Great article.

Frost is dancing with the blue and red lights and is getting ready for 2021 (Frostcrystal, I'm Frost)
November 26, 2020 2:05 pm

Great article! I agree with everything!!

Burr is the only decent Hamilton character|🐢🐢🐢
Burr is the only decent Hamilton character|🐢🐢🐢
November 26, 2020 2:13 pm

My thoughts on these cats!

Clear Sky- he’s interesting, but I still hate him.
Brambleclaw- I really like him!
Dovewing & Ivypool- I love them both, and defend them both!
Jayfeather- he’s awesome.
Leafpool- she’s amazing.
I love Hawkfrost

Briarshine
Briarshine
November 26, 2020 2:37 pm

Ahem.
Since I was too busy voicing my opinions… well, I forgot to list mine.

5) Purdy! The great grandpa… / Squirrelflight. She’s not my favorite, honestly, but she’s amazing…
4) Sandstorm / Graystripe / Dustpelt
3) Sorreltail / Brackenfur
2) Firestar
1) Leafpool

Yes… I just decided Leafpool will be my favorite!
Since I’m really bad at deciding, I put multiple cats in one rank… oof.
As far as I’m concerned, Sorrel x Bracken is the second best legal ship.The first is, obviously, for me, Fire x Sand! Hooray!

Rainypaw
Rainypaw
November 26, 2020 6:46 pm
Reply to  Briarshine

wow 123 likes
😛

halfpaw who finally drew her profile pic and is the fluffiest chimera cat who used to be cinnamonpaw who likes indie pop (you can call me pumpkin/cinnamon/halfpaw/ or halfheart)
November 26, 2020 8:51 pm
Reply to  Briarshine

wait, why does this have so many likes? 😛

🌸Willowcloud🌸
🌸Willowcloud🌸
November 26, 2020 4:24 pm

Great article, I really agree with you on clear sky (and all the others)!

Rainypaw
Rainypaw
November 26, 2020 4:38 pm

My opinions
Clear Sky- dieeee
Brambleclaw- i hate him
Dovewing & Ivypool- dovewing sucks, ivypool is amazing!
Jayfeather- he’s awesome
Leafpool- she’s amazing

Shadowfire
Shadowfire
November 26, 2020 4:54 pm

JAYFEATHER FOR EVER

Black darkness that comes in the Swedish night, Blacknight
Black darkness that comes in the Swedish night, Blacknight
November 26, 2020 5:40 pm

I have ni opinion about Clear sky, Brambleclaw is AMAZING he is my gav charecter,I hare dove and I pretty much like Ivy. I Love Jayfeather!I absolutfels hate leaf

Redblaze of Gallifrey (Aed)
Redblaze of Gallifrey (Aed)
November 26, 2020 5:49 pm

I agree with everything except Clear Sky! Yes, he is an interesting character but he never got retribution for all of his crimes.

Rainypaw
Rainypaw
November 26, 2020 6:53 pm

wow 123 likes
😛

Frosnolga who now has a new pfp
Frosnolga who now has a new pfp
November 26, 2020 6:19 pm

Here are my opinions on all these cats

Clear Sky – I don’t get why people hate him, he’s amazing and interesting.

Brambleclaw – Possibly my one of my least favorite characters, though I like his role in Squirrelflight’s Hope

Dovewing/Ivypool – I love them, I prefer Dovewing, but they are good sisters and it’s always nice to see a Dovewing fan

Jayfeather – I agree with, he is an amazing character

Leafpool – I love her!

Ravenflight_Cupcake
Ravenflight_Cupcake
November 26, 2020 10:27 pm

Why is Clear Sky amazing? All he ever does are horrible, evil, fox-hearted actions.

Frosnolga who now has a new pfp
Frosnolga who now has a new pfp
November 27, 2020 5:20 pm

Even though he has done bad things, it makes the story more interesting for me, especially as a person who likes villains with development.

Fallenfeather08
Fallenfeather
November 26, 2020 6:53 pm

Awesome article!! My thoughts on these cats:

Clear Sky: I don’t really know because I haven’t read Dawn of The Clans yet :3

Brambleclaw/star: I loved him when he was a warrior but not so much leader.

Dovewing and Ivypool: I love Ivypool, But not Dovewing. I do think she’s a good mom though.

Jayfeather: Best cat in the entire world and my personal fav!!!!

Leafpool: I love her but I like Squirrelfight better.

Ravenflight_Cupcake
Ravenflight_Cupcake
November 26, 2020 10:26 pm
Reply to  Fallenfeather

Oh, since you haven’t read Dawn of the Clans, just prepare yourself for a lot of raging at what Clear Sky does. He just….EEEEEE!!!

Fallenfeather08
Fallenfeather
November 27, 2020 8:23 pm

Ok, ill make sure to prepare myself :3

• Rosefeather
  • The phone really isn't ringing
  • Wrenwing:kit