My 5 LEAST FAVOURITE Warrior Cats Brambleheart

Brambleheart shares their least favourite characters from the series.

Artwork by FrostedKat

Hey everyone! The Warriors series has a ton of characters. Some of them, like Jayfeather, Firestar, and Squirrelflight are beloved by the community, but there are also some more… questionable cats, which , along with some others, dislike. So in this article, I will be counting down my five least favourite Warrior cats characters.

Before I begin, though, I would like to say that this list is purely my opinion. You may disagree with what I say, which is fine, but please respect my opinions, as I respect yours! So, let’s get on with the list!

Number 5: Rainflower

Rainflower was an abusive mother. She made her son, Stormkit feel worthless and neglected, and belittled him for a disability caused by a broken jaw. She even renamed him Crookedkit to rub all of his pain in. Rainflower’s negligence and refusal to accept her son made it so that her mate, Shellheart, broke up with her. Not only did she neglect Crookedstar, but she favoured Oakheart, to the point where she used Shellheart’s position as Clan deputy to have Oakkit have his father as a mentor. The worst thing about what Rainflower did was that it led to poor Crookedstar being manipulated by Mapleshade for his entire life!

Numner 4: Oakstar

Oakstar. Is. Awful. First, he broke the warrior code by putting Mapleshade’s kits in danger! Second, shortly after the death of Birchface and Frecklewish, he became mates with Sweetbriar, who was younger than both of his children. Honestly, that is disgusting. He and Sweetbriar had Pinestar, which is okay, I guess, but his kit would later go on to leave his Clan behind, leading to a young Tigerstar growing bitter and brutal. Oakstar’s behaviour led to the rise of Mapleshade and the way he arrogantly fathered Pinestar led to the younger cat feeling too stressed out with responsibilities later in life and leaving Tigerkit to grow evil.

Number 3: Bumblestripe

Bumblestripe is a stalker. Enough said. He is shown to be extremely possessive over Dovewing, who just wanted to spend time with Tigerheart. When Dovewing tells him that she isn’t interested, Bumblestripe just brings is other cats (who have nothing to do with this situation) to manipulate Dovewing into being his mate! At Bumblestripe’s worst, though, he disrespected Purdy’s dead body to ask Dovewing for kittens. Dovewing had every right to go to ShdowClan after what she had gone through, and I’m glad she did. Bumblestripe didn’t do much after Dovewing left, albeit he was a bit bitter. Let’s hope this came through, as Bumblestripe becoming an Ashfur would be very… unsettling.

Number 2: Thistleclaw

You think Oakheart and Bumblestripe were disgusting? Well, Thistleclaw takes this to a whole other level. First up, he trained Tigerpaw and fueled the apprentice’s evil mindset. Second, while he had a perfectly good relationship with Snowfur before she died, Thistleclaw decided to do something more awful. Thistleclaw took… special interest in kit–Spottedkit. He would play with her, which was a bit sweet at first, but after Spottedkit became an apprentice, Thistleclaw decided to stalk her and say why they should be mates. Let me say it again. A full grown cat with a son who is about to become a warrior being possessive over another cat just barely out of the nursery. DISGUSTING.

Number 1: MAPLESHADE

I REALLY DISLIKE MAPLESHADE. She was manipulative, arrogant and entitled–before her murder spree. Mapleshade lied and manipulated so that her kits could live the “perfect life”, when in reality, her actions put the kits in more danger. Worst still, after she was exiled (although I admit that exiling the kits was a bit too far, like, could Oakstar had just exiled Mapleshade?), Mapleshade made the STUPID decision of making her kits swim in a flooded, dangerous river when just earlier that day, Appledusk had told her that bringing kits to the river was dangerous. Then her murder spree happened. I can see why she did the things she did, but in reality Mapleshade was never much better than the cats she loathed so much.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this article, and be sure to comment down your thoughts. I will see you in the next article, so for now, bye!

Fan Articles

Redblaze of Gallifrey (Aed)
Redblaze of Gallifrey (Aed)
December 6, 2020 12:20 pm

I like Mapleshade
None of that was her fault

Fringecloud
Fringecloud
December 6, 2020 9:30 pm

yeah, same. i was gonna say “i agree with u 100%!! :D” buuuut now i think only 87%???? i really, really, really like mapleshade. how would you feel if

you got kicked out of the clan for something that countless cats have done

you had to watch your kits die in front of your eyes

your mate, who also broke the code, gets no punishment but you do

you dont even get to stay for your kits vigil

everyone hates you

your mate is having kits with someone else, who he loves more than you

AND your kicked out of the clan cuz some nosy foxheart medicine cat couldn’t keep quiet?
you’d wanna kill a few cats too. i personally agree with her. i dont really agree with killing, but im going to stand by her anyways becasue what she went through was unfair and she doesnt deserve all the ahate she gets.
otherwise, i agree with you! i do hate rainflower, oakstar, bumblestripe, thistleclaw! sorry about all the mapleshade stuff, i just really like her and feel bad for her. 🙂

Ravenflight_Cupcake
Ravenflight_Cupcake
December 8, 2020 3:28 pm
Reply to  Fringecloud

I wouldn’t call myself someone who really likes Mapleshade, but I am someone who will defend her. I see so much hate for her, with no one stopping to consider how much she was going through. Also, the only two solid reasons people have against her are that she was stupid to take her kits in a flood and she was selfish before her killing spree.

First of all, yes, crossing the river was not a good idea. What was she supposed to do, though? She was not thinking straight, and it is unfair to judge her based on her actions at that time. Other thing, she was mean and selfish before. We don’t see enough of her to really grasp her personality, as Mapleshade’s Vengeance is only about seventy pages. I don’t think you can judge her entire chracter based on those few chapters. That’s like if you only read the chapters of Bluestar after she’d gone crazy, and judged her entirely based off of that.

Usually Mapleshade hate articles spend the rest of the time saying how the other characters, Frecklewish, Ravenflight, and Oakstar, were innocent, and to that I agree. I never blamed them, so that doesn’t have an effect on me. In fact, I once watched a video on why someone hates Mapleshade, and five minutes out of the thirteen minute long video were dedicated to why the other cats were good, and all it did was make me not like Frecklewish, so it kind of backfired.

Anyways, Mapleshade is innocent. 😛

Cherrysplash
Cherrysplash
December 11, 2020 8:39 pm
Reply to  Fringecloud

I understand how Mapleshade felt but some of the stuff she did was pretty crazy.

.:Jaypaw (Claw):.
--Jinx--
December 8, 2020 2:58 pm

I love Mapleshade, she’s my fave cat. Oakstar didn’t have to exile her and her kits, and Ravenwing didn’t have to tell on her for having kits with Appledusk. They need to learn compassion.

hollypool
hollypool
January 12, 2021 9:12 pm

yes mapleshade is the good one and APPLEDUSK IS TRASH

Maplefall
Maplefall
December 6, 2020 1:47 pm

I don’t agree about Mapleshade and Thistleclaw.

I’m not saying that Maple didn’t have to go to the Dark Forest because she did, but she’s a developed character. It wasn’t her fault if the kits died. And what about Appledusk? The worst character ever.

Thistleclaw wasn’t that awful. OK, he abused Spottedkit, but age doesn’t really matter in cats. We’re lucky that we don’t have incest in warriors (except Willowpelt and Patchpelt) but what about Thornclaw and Blossomfall? And remember that Spottedleaf was weird too since she felt in love and stalked Firestar.
Plus I think I know why Thistle abused Spotted. He lost his sister when he was very young, then his mate and his son was kept away from him by Bluestar. He’s still abusive tho.

MoonPaw
MoonPaw
December 6, 2020 2:50 pm

Mapleshade…ah, that she cat went through a lot of pain…she got kicked out of Thunderclan, saw her kits drown, couldn’t sit vigil with them by being kicked out of Riverclan. Here is one of her thoughts about that.

“And where are my kits buried? In Riverclan territory’s mud!”

AND, SHE GOT KILLED BY AN APPRENTICE.

Maplefall
Maplefall
December 6, 2020 3:46 pm

Anyways, I totally agree about Rainflower and Oakstar but not about Bumblestripe since I didn’t read any book he’s in :p

Stormpaw (Storm That Strikes Flaming Tree)
Stormpaw (Storm That Strikes Flaming Tree)
December 6, 2020 7:15 pm

I actually like Mapleshade, and Rainflower’s alright. But I agree with you on Thistleclaw, Bumblestripe, and Oakstar

Briarshine
Briarshine
December 7, 2020 1:24 am

I honestly hate Palebird than Rainflower. I think… it’s because she doesn’t get hate around me. I didn’t feel furious, aggressive towards her, only felt like crying and hugging Crookedkit/paw/jaw.

Oakstar… ah. I think it was totally fair… I mean not that fair, but it was understandable why he banished Mapleshade. But the poor kits? I understand he must’ve been disappointed that Birchface’s kits weren’t really his… etc. etc…. but! That doesn’t excuse the kits. I don’t care he was mates with Sweetbriar. It’s fine. Then for Pinestar? I don’t care. Pinestar was a nice leader before he went. Maybe Tigerstar would’ve been fine with his father. But it’s not the father’s fault if his son goes crazy and kills. Though he might’ve been an influence, you can’t blame the crazy killer’s grandfather.

The cute name. Bumblekit, Bumblepaw, than finally Bumblestripe! I need to say I liked him first. Or… didn’t care. But he was all right for me. Then the Dovewing thing. Dovewing didn’t like Bumblestripe. Bumblestripe liked Dovewing. The kit situation. I cringed. I don’t care about him now. He dislikes Dovewing a lot? I suppose it’s understandable.

Thistleclaw! I don’t think he loved Spottedkit/paw. Manipulating is weird, too. But to think he loved the beautiful kit is again weird and disgusting. Wait, I think I need to throw up. I hate his training. As much as I strongly dislike Scourge, the tiny kit Tiny didn’t need to nearly bleed to death. He fueled Tigerpaw, though he was pretty evil in the first place.

Mapleshade is frustration for me. Everyone loves her, though it doesn’t make murdering fine with her story. Are you going to excuse somebody else for going crazy and murdering, then when he or she says: My children appeared and told me to… my husband/wife cheated on me… something more… I don’t think so. The police isn’t going to let him or her go and say: What a sad story! She caused her problems, though Oakstar was the blame for the death of the kits, she caused her time in the Dark Forest. She didn’t do much things to be remembered, in my memory.

Briarshine
Briarshine
December 24, 2020 1:02 am
Reply to  Briarshine

Did I write that? Oh my gosh… WHO WROTE THIS?
(My brain: YOU?)
(Me: But it’s so…cringey!)

Thornfeather
Thornfeather
December 7, 2020 4:28 am

i agree all except mapleshade and bumblestripe,don’t judge.

Hollypaw
Hollypaw
December 7, 2020 1:49 pm

Oops, I’m late. But I agree with you on everyone on the list, especially Mapleshade.

moonfrost/paw
moonfrost/paw
December 7, 2020 10:04 pm

i agree with all of these but dovewing and mapleshade

Coldheart
Coldheart
December 8, 2020 12:34 am

Okay I’m on I hate Thistleclaw. YOU ARE RIGHT. I MOSTLY HATE HIM BECAUSE HE BROKE SPOTTEDLEAF’S POOR HEART. I LOVE SPOTTEDLEAF!!! Moving on to next section, I agree with the Mapleshade opinion. I really hate her, though she still is in my top 30 favs. Great article, I love hearing peoples opinions!

Water'wish | water that fills the britta jug
Water'wish | water that fills the britta jug
December 8, 2020 4:05 pm

all except mapleshade, yes she was insane, and thats why i love her.

.:Jaypaw (Claw):.
.:Jaypaw (Claw):.
December 14, 2020 4:57 pm

xD I love the insane cats!

Hollyleaf
Hollyleaf
December 13, 2020 11:59 pm

I agree with Mapleshade. She’s my least fave cat too.

• Falconstorm/Captain on The Rotation
  • Falconstorm/Captain on The Rotation
  • 『𝕊𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕣𝕠𝕨 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕗𝕝𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕣𝕠𝕦𝕘𝕙 𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕠𝕣𝕗𝕦𝕝 𝕗𝕚𝕣𝕖𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕜𝕤 - 𝕊𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕣𝕠𝕨𝕡𝕒𝕨』 on BlogClan Tavern
  • Falconstorm/Captain on BlogClan Tavern

• Rosefeather
  • The phone really isn't ringing
  • Wrenwing:kit