Dovewing: The Most Misunderstood Warrior by Brightspark

Art by PureSpiritFlower

Brightspark analyses Dovewing’s character

Alright, so you probably know Dovewing, that she-cat with one sister and special abilities who is a spoilt, selfish, and whiny brat………..?
Not quite.

First of all, when Dovewing was very forcefully told about the prophecy, she was barely an apprentice! She panicked for a bit, of course, but what would you do if you were told that you were part of a special mission that would save your country when you had just become a kid?
You would be startled and confused, of course.
This is exactly what was going through Dovewing’s mind.

Second, here’s a question.
If your sister got special powers and abilities would you…..
A. Be jealous but calm and at least try to express your feelings toward her and settle it?
B. Be jealous and cast your sister out completely and ignore her?

If you answered B, then you’re Ivypool.
Of course, A is hard, but Ivypaw didn’t try hard enough. Yes, she tried, but she just gave up.
Yes, she did spy on the Dark Forest in the end, but let’s think why she ended up there.
Spite.
Yes. Spite for unwanted abilities that were obviously a burden. Ivypaw was young, but that does not excuse her actions in any way.
That is why Dovewing is a much better sister.

Third, Dovepaw only snapped at her sister because Ivypaw was purposefully infuriating her and taunting her, and frankly, Ivypaw didn’t deserve Dovepaw’s love at that moment. I mean, she purposefully pushed her sister over the line, and by then, it was towards the end of OotS, she should’ve been mature enough by then to understand that acting out of jealousy is never tolerated.

Fourth, think about how badly you would react if, you could see and hear as far as you wanted, and then could only see or hear normally. Now, before you say, “Lionblaze and Jayfeather didn’t react as badly as her!” Remember that Dovewing is much younger than them. I would probably react a million times worse than her.

Fifth, about the Bumble X Dove ship..
Bumblestripe is the guilty one here.
He basically pressured Dovewing into being his mate and having kits. That is already a toxic relationship.
And then the rest of the Clan also pressured Dovewing into mating him.
There’s such a thing as peer pressure. That is exactly what Dovewing felt.
She had good reason to feel creeped out.

Sixth, she is not a Mary-Sue.
For example, she is:
clingy
insensitive
sometimes whiny
brags a lot
reckless
sometimes mouse-brained
spoiled

and more.
Which already proves she’s not a Mary-Sue, as a Mary-Sue is a perfect cat.

Hope you enjoyed this article! What’s your opinion? Bright out!

Fan Articles

Rainypaw
Rainypaw
December 20, 2020 1:06 am

cool article, but i still hate dovewing a ton

Hollyleaf
Hollyleaf
December 21, 2020 6:34 pm
Reply to  Rainypaw

I don’t knowww………

Hollyleaf
Hollyleaf
December 21, 2020 6:37 pm
Reply to  Rainypaw

By the way, I LOVE your Cuteeee Pic!

Violetshard (Violet crystals shattering in storm)
Dawnpetal
December 20, 2020 2:19 am

Cool article. I don’t exactly care about who or what is bad, but I geuss I like both of them. I understand Ivypool, and this article gave me some light on dovewing. Also I don’t think dovewing is a Mary Sue and I never have, so I don’t know where that came from.

moonfrost/paw (dovewing is the best)
moonfrost/paw (dovewing is the best)
December 20, 2020 3:06 pm

great article dovewing and ivypool are some of my favorite characters

Swallowstripe
Swallowstripe
December 21, 2020 7:23 am

The reason why I hate her is because she was extremely disloyal in turning her back on the clanmates and family who had cared for her and trained her up and gave her warmth to have kits and be mates with Tigerstar II in Shadowclan.
Extreme disloyalty.

Fawn That gets Eaten
Fawn That gets Eaten
January 19, 2021 9:24 am
Reply to  Swallowstripe

well, what would YOU do?

Tigerleap
Tigerleap
December 21, 2020 3:55 pm

I really enjoyed reading your article! Dovewing and Ivypool are two of my favorite characters.

Lightbreeze
Lightbreeze
December 21, 2020 7:00 pm

I feel more respect towards Dovewing now. While I still like Ivypool better, I can understand how she feels and respect her for it.

I also don’t really like Bumblestripe. He was kind of like Ashfur in this scenario, but he wouldn’t give up on Dovewing. I think he should have been with Blossomfall instead because then he could have helped her when it seemed like Millie hated Blossomfall.

Accidentally Shattered Ice (Ttera || Shatteredmask)
Ttera is at school >:)
December 22, 2020 11:31 am
Reply to  Lightbreeze

wasn’t Bumblestripe Blossomfall’s brother?

❄️🐍Viper In The Box; Worst Restaurant Chain🐍❄️
❄️🐍Viper In The Box; Worst Restaurant Chain🐍❄️
December 22, 2020 2:26 pm

yup

Fallenfeather08
Fallenfeather
December 22, 2020 5:37 pm

Oof 😳

Hopesparkle
Hopesparkle
January 17, 2021 7:04 pm

Dovewing:
I like her but not as much as Ivypool.
Why: Main Idea
Got special treatment and alll the apprentices like her and didn’t want to hunt with Ivypaw.
Then goes on a very special quest and Tigerheart loved her and kept wanting and persuades her.
Snaps sometimes, but Ivypool does too.
Ivypool doesn’t like Tigerheart, and then Dovewing and Ivypool fight.
Ivypool: goes into the Dark Forest and hangs with evil cats
Dovewing: cheats Bumblestripe even though he’s kind of annoying.
Dovewing: Spies on the Dark Forest and tells Ivypool to not go there even though she’s been quite hanging out with Tigerheart for a while.
Snaps at her.
Ivypool: Fine.
Dovewing falls in love with Tigerheart and tells Ivypool to support her even though she never supported Ivypool. (runs away with Ivypool and gets EVERYTHING)
Ivypool: No way! (gives sister a cold shoulder) (I would do this too honestly, so I don’t blame her.)
Dovewing: who cares? I want to live with Tigerstar and have kits and BE WITHOUT YOU. (goes to ShadowClan and lives happily ever after)
Ivypool: (cries and becomes miserable)
Flashback: Dovewing goes away
Tigerstar: Come on and bring those kits.
Ivypool: no way…
Dovewing: Bye sis, have fun with your NEW kits while I have the best mate and the best life ever without u.
Ivypool: I thought you wanted to be my best friend. (goes away and thinks: I never really deserved this…)
Flashback: Dark Forest battle (after)
Ivypool: (goes and sits with the other trainees)
Dovewing: (thinks that Ivypool didn’t deserve sitting with the others but does nothing anyways.)
Flashback: Losing her powers:
Dovewing: I lost my powers 🙁
Ivypool: Did you just lose your powers? You didn’t even see that squirrel up there.
Dovewing: Yes…
Ivypool: (feels bad for Dovewing and Hollyleaf)
Flashback: No one cares
Dovewing: (not a mary-sue)
Squirrelflight: Don’t you care about the Sisters?
Dovewing: Who cares? They are just a bunch of rogues who don’t even care about the Clans.
Jayfeather: She does have a point.
Squirrelflight: (Stares at her former Clanmate)
Dovewing: Sometimes THUNDERCLAN cats just do what THEY think is right and don’t even care about their Clan (leads Squirrelflight and the others to the border.)
Squirrelflight: You cared more about your mate and kits than ThunderClan and your sister, so I don’t know what you are talking about.
Later:
Everyone: Shadowsight is the BEST!!!
Me: I like Shadowsight, but he’s a bit too overated, and Bristlefrost is my favorite character in the Broken code other then Squirrelflight.
Everyone: Bristlefrost is annoying.
Me: At least 90% of people like Shadowsight over Bristlefrost, so that’s not surprising.

• Rosefeather
  • The phone really isn't ringing
  • Wrenwing:kit