More of My Favorite MAPs

Briarpaw shares more of their favourite MAPs. Which one of these have you watched?

Video thumbnail of the Five Giants MAP

Hey, Ria here! I’ve been in a MAP watching mood lately, so… here’s a part two! These have no ranking, (meaning that #1 isn’t necessarily my favorite out of all of them) but I’ll mention if I like one MAP more than the others.

1.) The Five Giants

Luckily, the MAP put the warning in it already instead of me having to go through the whole thing to check.

Spoilers up to A Vision of Shadows!

The art is beautiful and the animation is super smooth. The character designs are so clear that you know who everyone is. It stays on one clan for a couple parts, then switches to another. Also, the music choice is great and each part fits perfectly with it. I love how they show when a new cat becomes leader. (It reminded me of the Avatar state kind of.) The only issue I have is it’s a bit confusing after they switch clans and they go back in time (if you know what I mean, sorry I’m bad at explaining things). Also, it took 3 years to make. That’s crazy. The MAPs that have taken the longest that I know of took about 1 year, but 3 years? Wow.

2.) Do or Die

Spoilers for the first series!

Blood and small gore warning!

Okay, wow, is this MAP underrated. the animation is amazing and the song goes perfectly with Firestar’s story. Each event fits in perfectly to a part of the song… to be honest, it feels like the song was made about Warriors and for this MAP. It fits in that well. It’s also easy to follow along!

3.) Everything Moves

Spoilers for The second half of PoT and the Skyclan and the Stranger arc!

I’m sure this will be stuck in your head after watching it. it sure is for me. What makes this great is the amazing animation and Sol’s complicated design. I watched a video from TenelleFlowers on youtube explaining how to design Warriors cats for MAPs. One of the things they explained that you have to keep it simple, or the animators will have a pretty hard time with their part. Well, I noticed that Sol’s design was pretty complicated, so cheers to the animators for animating it so well!

4.) Non-Stop

For a 48-hour MAP, this has amazing quality. All the animators made such detailed art. I honestly can’t believe they did it in 48 hours, it would take me a day to do just one of those pictures. The downside to this is it’s a bit hard to follow and since it’s in black-and-white, it’s a bit hard to distinguish the characters- specifically Firestar and Onestar- but it’s still worth watching for the amazing art and music. ‘Cause who doesn’t love Hamilton music?

5.) Smoke and Mirrors

Blood warning!

This MAP is pretty creative, I don’t think I would have thought of that myself, and Spottedleaf here seems to be the present-day Mapleshade. I really like the idea of this!

Alright, that’s all I have for now. I’ll see you around the blog!

Fan Articles

Briarshine
Briarshine
December 24, 2020 1:30 pm

Nice article!
I’m definitely going to check out The Five Giants MAP and the Do or Die MAP.
Also, can anyone remind me what MAP stands for? I think it was Music something… but anyway.

✨ Cheetahspark ✨
✨ Cheetahspark ✨
December 24, 2020 2:41 pm
Reply to  Briarshine

Multi-Animator Project! And a PMV is a Picture Music Video :))

December 26, 2020 5:07 pm
Reply to  Briarshine

MAP stands for Multi-Animator Project! And like Cheeto said, PMV is Picture Music Video and AMV is Animated Music Video. I’m glad you’re going to check the MAPs out!

On a side note, I was gonna make my warrior name Briarshine 😛

Briarshine
Briarshine
December 27, 2020 5:51 am

Oof. Maybe Briarfall or Briarbranch or Briarsnow’s nice, too!
Anyway, great article, Briarpaw ><

Briarshine
Briarshine
December 27, 2020 5:50 am
Reply to  Briarshine

Thank you, Cheetahspark and Briarpaw!

Briarshine
Briarshine
December 29, 2020 4:08 am
Reply to  Briarshine

Okay. So I watched The Five Giants and cried.

Accidentally Shattered Ice (Ttera || Shatteredmask)
Accidentally Shattered Ice (Ttera | Shatteredmask)
December 24, 2020 2:13 pm

OH MY STARCLAN SMOKE AND MIRRORS, NON-STOP AND EVERYTHING MOVES ARE INCREDIBLEEDEEEEE

Shimmerpaw/mist The Thrushpelt Defender!
Shimmerpaw/mist The Thrushpelt Defender!
December 24, 2020 4:28 pm

YESSSSSSSSS!!!!! THEY ARE AMAZZZZZZZZINNNNNGGGGGG!!!!!!!

December 26, 2020 5:08 pm

😀

Frost is dancing outside in the snow (Frostcrystal, just call me Frost and I got this new account)
December 29, 2020 1:58 am

Agreed

Christmas Turtle That Plays In Snow ❄️❄️❄️🐢🐢🐢
Christmas Turtle That Plays In Snow ❄️❄️❄️🐢🐢🐢
December 24, 2020 2:28 pm

My thoughts on these MAPS:
The Five Giants- I LOVE this MAP! Also, I had no idea it took three years to make! That’s crazy!
Do Or Die- I’ve never seen it.
Everything Moves- This one is amazing! The song gets stuck in my head, too.
Non-Stop: Never seen it. Never will, because I hate Hamilton.
Smoke And Mirrors- this one rocks! I actually watched it earlier today!
You sit and weave your lies, like a fox trots through the night.

🦦𝕄𝕚𝕟𝕜 𝕃𝕠𝕧𝕖𝕤 𝕊𝕢𝕦𝕚𝕝𝕗 𝕩 𝔻𝕒𝕚𝕤𝕪 (𝕄𝕚𝕟𝕜𝕥𝕒𝕚𝕝)🦦
🦦𝕄𝕚𝕟𝕜 𝕃𝕠𝕧𝕖𝕤 𝕊𝕢𝕦𝕚𝕝𝕗 𝕩 𝔻𝕒𝕚𝕤𝕪 (𝕄𝕚𝕟𝕜𝕥𝕒𝕚𝕝)🦦
December 24, 2020 9:54 pm

If I may ask, why do you hate Hamilton? I remember your name having something to do with Aaron Burr this last month or the month before (I may be remembering wrong lol), and I thought you were a Hamilton fan :0

Accidentally Shattered Ice (Ttera || Shatteredmask)
Accidentally Shattered Ice (Ttera | Shatteredmask)
December 25, 2020 5:08 pm

Turtle’s name was ‘Burr is the only bearable Hamilton character’ or something like that 😛

Fernpaw • Fern that Drifts in the Breeze
Fernkit
December 26, 2020 12:05 am

I think it was Burr is the only decent Hamilton character
wait we’re discussing someone’s username

hmm

Rainypaw
Rainypaw
December 26, 2020 5:41 pm

it was burr is the only decent hamilton character i think

Christmas Turtle That Plays In Snow ❄️❄️❄️🐢🐢🐢
Christmas Turtle That Plays In Snow ❄️❄️❄️🐢🐢🐢
December 25, 2020 10:58 pm

I just find a lot of the characters super annoying 😛 And I dislike the songs because reasons.
However, I do think that Aaron Burr is decent. I often refer to him as “Decent Burr. I think he’s the only decent Hamilton character, which is why at some point last month my name was “Burr is the only decent Hamilton character.”
You sit and weave your lies, like a fox trots through the night.

December 26, 2020 5:10 pm

Forgot you hate Hamilton 😛

Christmas Turtle That Plays In Snow ❄️❄️❄️🐢🐢🐢
Christmas Turtle That Plays In Snow ❄️❄️❄️🐢🐢🐢
December 26, 2020 5:21 pm

😛
You sit and weave your lies, like a fox trots through the night.

Lightbreeze
Lightbreeze
December 24, 2020 3:45 pm

I loved the Spottedleaf one! And she was the one that influenced Ashfur is….BRILLIANT!

December 26, 2020 5:10 pm
Reply to  Lightbreeze

😀

The one that leaps on stars (Starkit)
The one that leaps on stars (Starkit)
December 24, 2020 3:54 pm

My favorite is probably Smoke ansd Mirrors.

December 26, 2020 5:10 pm

Cool!

Frost is dancing with the blue and red lights and is getting ready for 2021 (Frostcrystal, I'm Frost)
December 24, 2020 4:38 pm

The five giants- I never seen it, but I will watch it! I think it’s pretty popular!
Do or die- I love this one! Actually this was the first warriors map I ever saw!
Everything moves- I like how sol looks like, and the song matches it perfectly!
Non stop- I’ll watch it!
Smoke and Mirrors- Ah yes, the spottedleaf map 😮 i watched this before

December 26, 2020 5:11 pm

Nice!

Coldheart
Coldheart
December 25, 2020 9:05 pm

Nice article! SPOTTEDLEAF ISN’T EVILLLLLL……..

December 26, 2020 5:11 pm
Reply to  Coldheart

Haha

Hollyleaf
Hollyleaf
December 25, 2020 9:22 pm

Nice! I love the last one.

December 26, 2020 5:12 pm
Reply to  Hollyleaf

Cool!

Wolves howling after Mindnight (Used to be Yowls heard after Greenleaf) (Wolfpaw/Wolfstorm/Greenpaw/Greenyowl)
January 11, 2021 4:56 pm

SOLLLLLLL!!!! YES- EVERYTHING MOVES!!!!
oh you should see hit and run

• Rosefeather
  • The phone really isn't ringing
  • Wrenwing:kit