Who Does Sunningrocks belong to? by Cherrytuft

Cherrytuft wonders who truly owned the Sunningrocks in the forest territory.

Art by duckei

Hello! Cherrytuft here, and today I’ll be analyzing who Sunningrocks belongs to! This is an issue I’ve heard much debate on, and I’ve wanted to address it for a very long time, and I’m excited to finally do it! I’ll try to make this as least biased as I can, because I am definitely a RiverClan cat! First, I will analyze who I believe it’s FAIR to give it to , but then I will look into who deserves it, as in, who would need it most to survive.
So first, fairness. So, Sunningrocks originally was in the water, so only RiverClan could use it, because they were the only ones who were willing to swim to it. Then the river’s course changed, and it was accessible to ThunderClan, also, so they claimed they should have it. In my opinion, I could compare it to, for example the saying ‘finders keepers, losers weepers.’ Most people know this saying is not fair. For example, you might say that phrase if someone had, a cookie, for example, and they dropped it. You picked it up before them and claimed it as your own. That is not fair, because it’s their cookie!
The same applies to Sunningrocks. I feel, if we’re using a sense of fairness, it rightfully belongs to RiverClan.
However, in a sense of who needs it more to survive, it might lean a little bit on ThunderClan’s side. ThunderClan has stated that RiverClan is not able to hunt there, they just like it for the sunlight and relaxation. Which… is fair. ThunderClan needs it for food. In retrospect, however, some might argue that ThunderClan lived without it for seasons, and never tried to take it. Which is also fair. In my mind, I believe ThunderClan is kind of being bullies about it. They are taking advantage of nature’s natural course. They survived for a long time without it, and I think they can go longer. I think RiverClan should be the rightful owners of Sunningrocks. I guess it doesn’t really matter much, anymore, however, now that they’re all near the lake in a new territory.
That’s just what I believe, thank you for reading!

Fan Articles

.:Jaypaw (Claw):.
.:Jaypaw (Claw):.
January 7, 2021 6:05 pm

They should rotate. One moon it’s ThunderClan’s until the gathering, then the next it’s RiverClan’s and so on.

Stormpaw (Storm That Strikes Tree Into Flames)
Stormpaw (Storm That Strikes Tree Into Flames)
January 8, 2021 9:04 pm

Yes. Let ThunderClan have it in leaf-bare and let RiverClan have it in new leaf

Violetshard (Violet crystals shattering in storm)
Dawnpetal
January 9, 2021 11:09 am

I thought this too! Why can’t the clans just share?? (Btw, I think tc should actually have it, even though I am a rc cat through and throygh

Hopesparkle
Hopesparkle
January 17, 2021 6:27 pm
Reply to  Dawnpetal

Yeah! I know, but somehow Warrior Cats doesn’t work like that.

The one that leaps on stars (Starkit)
The one that leaps on stars (Starkit)
January 7, 2021 10:18 pm

I agree it was riverclans and thunderclan just marched in and said it was theirs

Ravenflight_Cupcake
Ravenflight_Cupcake
January 8, 2021 3:32 pm

Sunningrocks is a cookie 😛

raven will eat your bread (raventhornpaw)
raven will eat your bread (raventhornpaw)
January 9, 2021 6:28 am

Honestly, I think Sunningrocks belongs to nobody. Since everyone fights over it, a simple solution is to make it “shared territory”, so that means both RiverClan and ThunderClan can chill there
however, if that doesn’t work, both ThunderClan and RiverClan should rotate their ownership on Sunningrocks. ThunderClan claims Sunningrocks in leaf-fall and leaf-bare because that’s when they need it the most (they use it for hunting), while RiverClan claims it in newleaf and greenleaf because that’s when they actually use to sit on.

Sunnyslip
Sunnyslip
January 9, 2021 9:25 am

I think it belongs to Riverclan!

Fallenfeather08
Fallenfeather
January 10, 2021 4:45 am

Awesome article Cherrytuft!!

Frostwhisker (Frost on car window)/ ❄️ Frost ❄️
Frostwhisker (Frost on car window)/ ❄️ Frost ❄️
January 10, 2021 4:28 pm

Sunningrocks should be a territory that’s forbidden to hunt in, it is purely the elder’s territory that elders from both (or all) Clans can use to share gossip and rest ‘their old bones’. Great and unique article though!

Brillig
Brillig
January 10, 2021 6:06 pm

I think that one of the best things about the new lake territories is that ThunderClan and RiverClan aren’t killing each other over a bunch of rocks anymore.

Silverpaw/fall
Silverpaw/fall
January 14, 2021 9:52 pm

I also think that ThunderClan and RiverClan should have shared! It would have saved several cats’ lives (Birchface, Flowerpaw, possibly Redtail, and many other cats). If the two Clans hadn’t shared though, ThunderClan should have gotten it because it is on their side of the river, not RiverClan’s side.

Great article!

P. S. I hope for whoever would steal a dropped cookie (CRIME!) that it was at least in a wrapper.

• Rosefeather
  • The phone really isn't ringing
  • Wrenwing:kit