Graystripe vs. Dovewing by Whitepaw

Whitepaw draws parallels between Graystripe and Dovewing.

Hi! Today, I will be comparing Graystripe and Dovewing’s choices. Now, what do they have in common? Hmmm. I wonder. Oh, yeah! They both mated with a cat from a different clan! But they did make some very different decisions. Let’s see.

First, we’ll look at Graystripe.
-He mated with a cat from RiverClan
-His mate died
-He went to live in RiverClan, but didn’t like it so he came back
-Both RiverClan and his clan had trouble accepting him at first, but they eventually got over it and he was ThunderClan deputy
-He eventually got another mate and started another happy family

Now, let’s look at Dovewing
-She mated with a cat from ShadowClan
-Her mate survives as the leader of ShadowClan
-She went to live in ShadowClan and stayed there with her mate
-ShadowClan started to accept her, but many ThunderClan cats don’t like her
-There was another cat that she could have been with, but she chose Tigerstar II

Let’s compare their choices
In my opinion, Dovewing found the most inconvenient time to have kits with a ShadowClan cat. Graystripe mated with a RiverClan cat, which the ThunderClan leader understood, because it happened to her. I can’t think of any other ThunderClan ShadowClan mixes though, but there is probably another obvious one.
Graystripe got his punishment worst, because his mate died. Dovewing’s mat became a leader and was welcomed like a hero. I guess she could have been welcomed too.
It was just Graystripe’s luck that the leader at that time was probably the RiverClan cat that hated him the most because he accidentally killed her college sweetheart, or that’s how I like to put it. But, somehow, she still let Graystripe in. Dovewing had it easy. The leader was her mate, so of course she was welcomed.
Graystripe struggled with acceptance in both clans, but he established himself as ThunderClan deputy and the clan started liking him again. Like I said earlier, Dovewing had no problem with acceptance.
Graystripe started a new family, and it wasn’t just the Crowfeather reason; he had no need to use the Crowfeather reason, because his clan leader was his best friend. Too bad he had to try to come back while Bluestar was still leader, but at least she was going crazy. (at least!?) Anyway, he had a nice happy family in the end. Dovewing chose to stay in ShadowClan so far, and I can’t imagine her coming back to ThunderClan and taking a mate, especially not the one that she rejected.

So, that was my article on Graystripe vs Dovewing! Bye!

Fan Articles

❈ Irispaw is looking for a mentor! ❈
❈ Irispaw is looking for a mentor! ❈
January 11, 2021 1:06 pm

Wow, I have no opinion because I love both of them

Fallenfeather08
Fallenfeather
January 11, 2021 1:40 pm

Woo Hoo!! I’m supposed to be doing online school right now, but I’m on BlogClan because why the heck not 😛

Mossnose lives ina city that wont go out in a week
Mossnose lives ina city that wont go out in a week
January 11, 2021 1:47 pm

Really good! First comment!

Springtail
Springtail
January 11, 2021 2:08 pm

I totally agree!

Briarpaw
Briarpaw
January 11, 2021 2:15 pm

Nice article!

Turtle: Defender of GrayXSilver. (Turtlepaw 🐢🐢🐢)
Turtle: Defender of GrayXSilver. (Turtlepaw 🐢🐢🐢)
January 11, 2021 2:18 pm

Nice article! I never really thought about the similarities between Graystripe and Dovewing before.
And He Runs

.:Crow That Flies Over Winter Frost:. {Crowfrost}
.:MapleWood:. (--Jinx--)
January 11, 2021 2:54 pm

I personally like Dove X Bumble wayyy more than Dove X Tiger. And yeah, what is with the RiverClan X ThunderClan mixes???

Whitepaw (Whiterabbit) doesn't like hamburgers
Whitepaw (Whiterabbit) doesn't like hamburgers
January 11, 2021 3:38 pm

This was a fairly short article. Btw I wrote it.

Dovepaw
Dovepaw
January 11, 2021 4:18 pm

I love Dovewing so much omg
Graystripe was also one of my personal favorites 😛
It tears me to choose between them, but If i had to, It would be Dovewing. Sorry Graystripe <3
Great article tho, Whitepaw 🙂

💙 Coldheart 💙
💙 Coldheart 💙
January 11, 2021 4:40 pm

Yeah, ShadowClan’s that one Clan where you can’t think of much mixes. Example? Tawnypelt was born in ThunderClan, and some of that blood extended to Tigerstar ll, her son. So kind of like Tigerstar ll has a bit of ThunderClan blood in him, and l like to think that that’s the reason he mated with Dovewing. As for Dovewing, she’s a ThunderClan cat, and that’s obvious. Anyway, great article!

Stormpaw (Storm that strikes at night) Pusheen will take your bread and eat it
Stormpaw (Storm that strikes at night) Pusheen will take your bread and eat it
January 12, 2021 9:20 pm

great article

Thornfeather
Thornfeather
January 13, 2021 1:37 am

yay graybaeee

✨ Shimmers (Shimmerpaw/storm) ✨
✨ Shimmers (Shimmerpaw/storm) ✨
January 14, 2021 9:33 pm

Great article! Here’s my opinion on the matter:

I think Graystripe is way better. He’s honorable and actually comes back. But Dovewing? Not so much.

She stays with Tigerstar II when there was a nicer and not against the rules to love cat that she could have had, but nooooooooo! She just haaaaaad to pick the arrogant, annoying, stupid, fuzzball from ShadowClan of all Clans! She absolutely crushes Bumblestripe with this decision, too! She also never stands up for herself except for this matter. Basically, I think of Dovewing as a mean (because she hurts Bumblestripe) mouse.

• EchoClaw