Cherrytuft lists their favourite and least favourite characters from the series.
Howdy! Cherrytuft here, and today I wanted to talk about my top 5 favorite and least favorite characters in Warrior Cats. I’ve seen lots of these and now want to try one for myself! 🙂 Remember, these are all just my opinion, and I don’t want to offend anyone!
1. Squirrelflight-Goodness gracious, I love her so much! Bramblestar can be a bad mate a lot, by neglecting and disrespecting her authority, but she is strong and kind enough to love him anyway. She is brave, and assertive, and will fight to the end for her Clan. She has a remarkable sense of loyalty that stretches beyond her own Clan, which is shown when she helps the Sisters in Squirrelflight’s Hope. Plus, she’s just so cute!!
2. Briarlight- She’s so brave and strong! She risked her life for an elder’s, which I know not many other cats in ThunderClan would do, and she was so kind and courageous throughout all of it! She gave her life up so other cats could live, and she was one of the only cats Jayfeather cared about, which is kind of hard to achieve! XD I admire her honesty, kindness, loyalty, and bravery in the face of death. I love her so much!
3. Yellowfang- She got cursed with the power of feeling other cat’s pain! Pretty sure that’s the one superpower I would not want to have! Raggedstar bullied her and didn’t even care about her, in my opinion. She deserved better. She had to kill her own son! I’m so glad she got to have Firestar in her life. <3
4. Ivypool- Poor girl felt less important than her sibling, which is one of the worst feelings you can undergo in the world. She knew Dovewing seeing Tigerheart was a terrible idea, but Dovewing did not listen to her, and now Dovewing’s in ShadowClan. With two kits she ignores, and one kit that’s a decent character. Great, just great, Dovewing…
5. Millie- I love GrayxMillie. Some of you might say that she ignored Blossomfall and did not give her the attention she deserved, but Blossomfall was being a brat, in my opinion. Her sister is forever wounded, and Blossomfall is sad because her mother is worried about that. Millie is just a caring mother who cares about her daughter who has been PERMANENTLY INJURED. I mean, that makes sense, right?
(Bristlefrost almost made it on this list!!)
Least Favorite Cats:
5. Hollyleaf- Spoilers for Sunrise! So she kills Ashfur because he’s going to tell a secret, and then tells the secret herself? Seriously? I really liked her until this. This bugged me unbelievably. Ashfur was a jerk, but he didn’t deserve to die like that. And did everyone forget how good of a friend he was to Cloudtail? SPOILERS FOR DARKNESS WITHIN (PREVIEW): But now I guess he’s the imposter so… XD
4. Jayfeather- Now, I’m rereading the Omen of the Stars arc now, so that might change my opinion on him, but it’s unlikely. I know he has a hard time being blind, but… honestly? He comes across as self-obsessed to me. He is always fussing about cats judging him for being blind, even when they probably aren’t. He just is annoying, always thinking of himself. In my opinion, at least. I know most of the fandom loves him.
3. Dovewing- ‘Oh no, I got a power that I’m super lucky to have, and so I’ll complain over it like crazy while my sister is suffering and feeling left out!’ As I mentioned earlier with Ivypool, I feel like Dovewing was a terrible sister to her. Then she left her Clan who had done so much to help her, and ran away with some boy. In the process, she mated a tom she didn’t love and got his hopes up. I don’t LIKE Bumblestripe, but I don’t really dislike him either, even if he flirted with her over Purdy’s dead body. 😐
2. Silverstream- She comes across as a bratty spoiled girl to me. Yeah, I get that her mother died and so she was spoiled by her Clan and father, but that is NOT an excuse to say, basically, and this is not a direct quote, it’s just what I interpret her saying as, ‘Well, my father’s the Clan leader, so I can do anything I want! The Warrior Code does not apply to me.’
1. Spottedleaf- I really hate her. First of all, I hate ThistlexSpotted. The age difference doesn’t even bother me that much when I think of some other problems I’m not going to get into because I know some little kids read these. But it’s really NOT okay. Second, Spottedleaf talks to Firestar like… what, twice at the maximum, and all of a sudden they are in love? She flirts with him even after he has a mate and kits! She basically comes across as perfect, also. Apparently she smells amazing, is beautiful, and kind. No, literally, does she have any flaws?