Is Hollyleaf Evil? by Duskblaze

Duskblazetakes a look at Hollyleaf’s life and actions.

Official art by Wayne McLoughlin

Hiya! It’s me, Duskblaze, with my first article! I hope you enjoy it, and remember, these are my opinions, so don’t attack me because of them.

MAJOR SPOILERS FOR POWER OF THREE, OMEN OF THE STARS, AND THE BROKEN CODE

So, from the title you can tell that I’ll pretty much be analyzing Hollyleaf’s life, focusing more on when she killed Ashfur, and if she should have been part of the Three, to figure out if she’s evil or not. Anyways, let’s get started.

First, let’s talk about whether or not she should’ve been one of the Three.

Lots of people seem to think she should have been in the Three, instead of Lionblaze and/or Dovewing. (My opinion on this is that it should have been Jayfeather, Dovewing, and Ivypool, but that is a different article altogether) But, I don’t think she would have been a good cat for the Three, she was just too…… uptight, always focusing on the Warrior Code, and not the needs of her Clan that might have been…. different from the Warrior Code. But I digress. I want to now talk about the main point of the article, is Hollyleaf evil?

So, we all know that she killed Ashfur… but some of you might be thinking, “But Duskblaze, Hollyleaf killed Ashfur because HE had attacked HER.” This is a common misconception that comes from Brambleclaw(star) saying he saw Ashfur sneak up on Hollyleaf and attack her. This is just him acting in defence of Hollyleaf, a cat that Brambleclaw(star) loved as a daughter. But anyway, here are the facts about her killing Ashfur.

~She killed him because she didn’t want him to ruin her reputation, and yet as SOON as she found out Leafpool and Crowfeather were her parents, she announced it for ALL the Clans to hear at a Gathering. This completely defeats the purpose of her killing Ashfur.
~When Leafpool is examining Ashfur’s body, she finds a tuft of Hollyleaf’s fur in between his claws.
~After living in the tunnels with Fallen Leaves for how many moons? (Editor person, if you know, please say so :P) She comes back and admits she killed Ashfur.

So, these are the (important) facts about Ashfur’s death. Let’s talk about the first one because the others are pretty self-explanatory.

The ONLY reason Hollyleaf killed Ashfur was because she didn’t want him to ruin her and her littermates’ reputations. Then, as soon as she learns that Leafpool and Crowfeather are her parents, she announces it at the next Gathering. Some of you might be thinking, “Duskblaze, she just couldn’t cope with finding out she was half-Clan.” To that, I say: She could cope with thinking that she was no-Clan, but not with being half-Clan? This completely destroys the reason she killed Ashfur in the first place.

Anyways, what I’m trying to say is that killing Ashfur was unnecessary.

This brings me to my third point, which is: Could Hollyleaf be working with Ashfur to possess Bramblestar(claw) and try to avenge the code?

The evidence for this point is not the best, but hear me out.

~We know for a fact that Ashfur is the imposter who is possessing Bramblestar(claw) but I think there is someone working with Ashfur, who is the shadowy spirit Shadowsight(paw) sees. This is the spirit that shows the images of the “codebreakers” and Hollyleaf seems like someone who would do that.
~The only thing that doesn’t make sense is that Jayfeather and Lionblaze are two of the codebreakers, and Hollyleaf doesn’t seem to dislike them when she’s alive, but, her feelings about her brothers could have changed while she was in StarClan, and this has happened before, with Ashfur’s feelings about Squirrel seeming to be resolved, but he ends up taking over her boyfriend’s body to get back at her…..

I never said this theory made complete sense. The cannon stuff doesn’t even make sense. This is just a thought I had but uH

Yeah, I think Hollyleaf is kinda evil.
Bye, Duskblaze <3

Fan Articles

FasterThanTheSpeedOfCat
FasterThanTheSpeedOfCat
February 19, 2021 7:00 pm

I think it isn’t Ashfur who possessed Brambleclaw/star.

Heather/Echokit(claw)
Heather/Echokit(claw)
February 19, 2021 7:40 pm

Great article!

Lilymoon (Lily that's silhouetted by the moon/ Fallen Lily)
Moonbreeze (Moon That Is Covered By Gentle Breeze)
February 19, 2021 8:46 pm

This makes since and I agree that Holly had no reason too “shut up” Mr. Ashes but she did that because she didn’t want him to tell and she hates him. If she hated him, she wouldn’t be working with him against Mr. Brambles and her kin when she’s such a cleanpaw. Her precious warrior code! And in a scene in A Vision Of Shadows she is so nice to Leafpool- who broke the code- when Holly was in StarClan. Great article though!

Hollypaw(fern)
Hollypaw(fern)
February 19, 2021 10:41 pm

I don’t think Hollyleaf would disobey the code again.

Moonspirit
Moonspirit
February 20, 2021 2:36 am

It seems like everyone forgot about the GOOD DEEDS of hollyleaf. SHe killed ashfur, yeh and did quite crimes. However, we really should remember that she completely changed after spending time with FALLEN LEAVEs. 1.she saved kits 2.she saved a fox cub 3.she defended againsted windclan’s attack 4.she saved ivypool

Thornfeather
Thornfeather
February 20, 2021 10:04 am

Good article,but I politely disagree. She killed him because she didn’t want him to tell the secret,but noticed that it doesn’t change the fact that she was half-clan. And i understand that. And Hollyleaf most likely didn’t. Bramblestar was like her father. Why would she do that?

Moon that shines on frosty night (moonpaw/frost))
Moon that shines on frosty night (moonpaw/frost))
February 20, 2021 1:13 pm

i like that she might be helping ashfur maybe to make up for killing him? doesn’t make much sense but fun theory .

Ocean-reed
Ocean-reed
February 20, 2021 5:34 pm

amazing! but i rly disagree with holly working with ash, that’s just not something that would happen.

creekkit
Creekkit, leafpool lover
February 20, 2021 5:46 pm

nice but… u didn’t mention the fact that she had a REDEMPTION ARC?
if she ever was “evil”, she made up for it. i highly doubt she would believe ashfur and i also don’t believe she would do anything bad again. Her plot was good while it lasted but now it is over.

Falconpaw/wing (Wing of Swooping Falcon)
Falconpaw/wing (Wing of Swooping Falcon)
February 20, 2021 6:24 pm

Good article, but I completely disagree. She did plenty of bad things, but a lot of people ignore the good things she did, like saving Cherrykit and Molekit and saving Ivypool. If you ask me, Hollyleaf redeemed herself.

Amberpaw/fern
Amberpaw/fern
February 20, 2021 7:48 pm

nOoOoOo she is not evil you evil

💙 Coldheart 💙
💙 Coldheart 💙
February 22, 2021 1:20 am

I dislike Hollyleaf! She seems like a drama queen in my point of view. What’s the point of killing someone, revealing the secret you killed the cat because of? And being so obsessed with the code is just unhealthy. Fantastic article!

Frostwhisker (Frost Melting under Pile of Work)
Frostwhisker (Frost Melting under Pile of Work)
February 23, 2021 11:15 am

I do not believe that Hollyleaf was evil, however, you’ve bought a new thought to light: why is the impostor so obsessed with the code? Is it possible that Hollyleaf has a role here?

• EchoClaw