Aspenclaws shares their opinion of Mapleshade.
Hello, I see so many “Defending Mapleshade” articles, so today, I will discuss why you SHOULDN’T defend Mapleshade (Feel free to disagree in the comments)
Alright, first point. Let me state the obvious. None of this would’ve happened if she hadn’t of mated with Appledusk. I know people say “True Love is Irresistible” but that is false. She could’ve made a better choice of mate.
1. She let the clan believe Birchface was the father. And I will say, she never explicitly said that her mate was Birchface, but she never denied it either. She could’ve told Oakstar immediately and things could of gone differently. This is not for certain, but there is a chance. ON TO THE NEXT!
2. She met with Appledusk on ThunderClan territory, and yes, she didn’t know that Appledusk would be there, but still. She could’ve left. This is a some-what short/minor reason, but it is worth mentioning.
3. She begs Ravenwing not to tell the clan. That makes him want to tell even more. When we were kids, our parents would say something like, “Don’t touch _____” and you would touch it. It was like that with Ravenwing. The more she protests, the more he’ll want to tell.
4. She goes to the river. She could’ve gone to fourtrees which, I admit, might have had problems, but a lot less than a flooding river! There were many bridges she could have crossed to get there safely. It is foolish to believe that a kit, even a RiverClan kit, could swim in overflown rapids. Think about it….
5. She kills 3 cats. I saw a bunch of people saying that “She killed them out of grief so it doesn’t count”, but that is not how the global justice system works. SHE LITERALLY MURDERED A HELPLESS MEDICINE CAT! And I know people are going to get mad, but i’ll discuss the Frecklewish/Appledusk/Ravenwing thing later.
6. After she kills them, she had no remorse. She killed 3 cats, and didn’t even care. Enough said.
Also, don’t forget.
Mapleshade was killed by an out-of-shape fat apprentice…..
The Freckle/Raven/Apple/Oak/Dark situation.
1. Ravenwing: Any medicine cat would’ve told the clan leader. However, if it was Cinderpelt or someone else, y’all wouldn’t feel the same way.
2. Frecklewish: She could’ve handled it better, same with Oakstar, (More on him shortly). People say she was bad because she didn’t save Patchkit, Petalkit and Larchkit, but why would she risk her life to save the kits of the cat she hates? And, she thought that the RiverClan cats had rescued her kits.
3. Appledusk: Can you people stop saying he deserves the Dark Forest??? He realized his mistakes and corrected them. Mating with Reedshine was just him restarting. He DID feel sad about PK, PK 2, and LK, but had another family to care about at the same time. He became loyal again. He deserves StarClan in some ways, but the whole cheating problem was terrible.
4. Oakstar: You can’t get mad at him. How would you feel if your son is killed, and you think that a woman might be the carrying the rebirth of your son’s legacy, only to find out that the father is the murderer of your son. Anyone would banish her, to be honest, he could’ve done a lot worse, but chose not to.
5. Darkstar: You can’t say he told his warriors not to help the kits like I keep seeing. RiverClan warriors tried, and failed to help them. And why would he take in a ThunderClan warrior? Keep in mind, RiverClan and ThunderClan were arch-enemies.
So that is my reasoning on why MS should be in the DF.