Silverkit recounts the events of The New Prophecy.
Hi and welcome to Taking a look at the warrior arcs Part two. I’m Silverkit, Silv or Silvster and this is actually my third article. So let’s go!
( Warning, Spoilers for TNP!)
The New Prophecy
The second arc where it got a bit more magical with Midnight the Badger.
Anyway, the first book in this arc is Midnight.
POVS: Brambleclaw, Leafpaw.
On the back:
Darkness, Air, Water, and Sky will come together… and shake the forest to its roots.
The wild cat Clans have lived in peace and harmony for many moons – but now, strange messages from their warrior ancestors speak of terrifying new prophecies and a mysterious danger.
All the signs point to young warrior Brambleclaw as the cat with the fate of the forest in his paws. But who are the other cats mentioned in the prophecy? All he knows for sure is that the strength and courage of the greatest warriors will be needed now, as the quest to save the Clans begins.
Around a season has passed since The Darkest Hour, and Bramblepaw has been given his warrior name, Brambleclaw. Firestar and Sandstorm have had kits, Squirrelkit and Leafkit, who are apprentices in the book, Leafpaw is a Med-cat apprentice and Squirrelpaw is a warrior apprentice.
The book starts with Starclan chosing the cats to go on the quest, Oakheart choses Feathertail (Aka Featherpaw), Nightstar Tawnypelt, Deadfoot Crowpaw (Aka Crowfeather) and Bluestar Brambleclaw ( Aka Bramblepaw). Afterwards, Bluestar visits Brambleclaw and tells him to go and see what midnight has to say, but Brambleclaw afterwards dismisses it, thinking he isn’t important enough (Self confidence Brambleclaw!). Skipping a bit, Leafpaw and Cinderpelt, her mentor, have a omen, a Tiger running though fire, Cinderpelt interprets this to mean that Fire and Tiger will destroy the forest, then tells Firestar. Firestar then separates them (Anxious boy!), thinking Tiger is Brambleclaw and Fire is Squirrelpaw, but his plan is foiled when Brambleclaw meets Tawnypelt, Crowpaw and Feathertail at Fourtrees and set off, Stormfur and Squirrelpaw come too though they weren’t chosen, Squirrelpaw because she’s Squirrelpaw and Stormfur because he wants to protect his sister, Feathertail. Back at the camp, Sandstorm points out to Firestar that the vision might of meant that they would save them from trouble not make it, Firestar becomes worried, thinking he might have scared them away. At the gathering, all the leaders find out that some of the other clans warriors (And apprentice), have disappeared. Leafpaw (Aka Leafpool) saw them before they left and knows what is going on, but doesn’t say anything.
While all that is going down, the traveling cats are journeying through WindClan territory, after a while they leave Highstones behind and travel though farmland, after crossing a Thunderpath, they get separated, I don’t get how they would get separated but okay, Brambleclaw ends up in a random twoleg garden and gets chased by a child (Really Brambleclaw? *Eye roll*), anyway they get back together again and manage to escape from kittypets who are about to attack them (Kittypets aren’t so soft are they? Take that stupid clans!), they journey on after a while they all have an illusion of tasting salt water (How do they know what salt water tastes like if they’ve never been there? Theory alert!), they all agree they are on the right track and continue. They get chased by a dog and encounter Purdy, who saves them, and then leads them into a large twolegplace(*Sigh*), Purdy then takes them into a abandoned twoleg nest to get some food, a twoleg kit appears and picks Feathertail up (According to the wiki it’s the same twoleg kit but i’m taking it from multiple sources so all well), Stormfur and Squirrelpaw manage to get the twoleg kit to drop Feathertail, and the group continue on, after a while they come through a dump (Bad idea!), and are attacked by rats (You should have seen that coming), they manage to drive the rats away, Tawnypelt coming away with a rat bite that later gets infected, after three days of journeying through. the VERY large twolegplace (Is this twolegplace just in the middle of no-where a city or is this a illogical part of the book?), they finally come to a forest where they depart with Purdy for a time. After a while they find the sun-drown-place and encounter Midnight the badger, after a while she FINALLY reveals that the Clans are in danger because two legs are about to destroy the forest (Couldn’t have told them earlier?), saying that the six cats must lead the Clans to find a new home (No pressure at all), or the clans will perish (You better learn self-confidence Brambleclaw!).
The book then ends (Only took 300 pages).
We’re skipping over Moonrise, Dawn, Starlight and Twilight, because it already 790 words, now its 803.
Anyway some stuff that happened in between.
1. The cats discovered the Tribe Of Rushing Water
2. Feathertail is dead
3. They’ve killed Sharptooth, the Mountain lion.
4. Fourtrees has been destroyed.
5. The Clans have found the lake.
6. There is a new prophecy ” Before there is peace, blood will spill blood, and the lake will run red”.
7. Squirrelpaw and Crowpaw have gotten their warrior names and are now Squirrelflight and Crowfeather.
8. The clans have found each of their territory’s.
9. Tallstar changes Mudclaw to Onewhisker as the deputy of Windclan on his deathbed.
10. Tallstar is dead.
11. They announce it to the clans the next morning, Mudclaw is NOT happy, of course.
12. Onewhisker does not have nine lives or his name.
13. Ashfur is Windclan’s new deputy.
14. The clans part to their territory’s.
15. Mousefur falls ill, Leafpaw realises that Mothwing gave the elders contaminated-dead-rabbit-water, as I like to call it.
16. The clans meet for the Gathering at the lakeshore, but are attacked by foxes, the clans decide that the spot is too open.
17. Mothwing comes clean and tells Leafpaw she doesn’t believe in Starclan.
18. Brambleclaw starts spending more time with his half brother, Hawkfrost (Bet you forgot he existed didn’t you), Squirrelflight isn’t happy about it.
19. Brambleclaw has a dream in the DF, with Hawkfrost and Tigerstar, then he starts training with Hawkfrost. (Also did anyone else enjoy these chapters particularly?)
20. Windclan gets divided by the “Great Deputy Incident” as I call it.
21. The Moonpool is discovered by Leafpaw.
22. Leafpaw gets her Medicine cat name, Leafpool.
23. Crowfeather tells Leafpool he’s in love with her.
24. Mudclaw is crushed by a tree.
25. The Island, which Hawkfrost previously wanted for Riverclan’s camp, is bridged by the tree that crushed Mudclaw.
26. Daisy and her three kits, Hazelkit, Mousekit and Berrykit are accepted into Thunderclan, Brightheart is jealous because her mate, Cloudtail, is spending so much time with Daisy.
27. Several Riverclan cats get poisoned from a weird twoleg substance, luckily Leafpool helps save the day.
28. Leafpool finds out that Brambleclaw is training in the DF.
29. Leafpool has the usual forbidden love stuff, like slipping out to meet him in the moonlight and things like that.
30. Leafpool and Crowfeather run away together, but Midnight comes and tells them that Thunderclan is being attacked by badgers, so Leafpool gives up Crowfeather and goes to help her clan.
31. A fight with the badger’s happens.
32. Thunderclan finally manages to get rid of the badgers.
33. Cinderpelt is dies defending Sorreltail, who is going through labour.
34. Stormfur, who decided to stay with Brook and the Tribe Of Rushing Water, appears with Brook.
The LAST book of TNP!
POVS: Brambleclaw, Leafpool, and maybe Squirrelflight?
On the back:
Before there is peace, blood will spill blood, and the lake will run red…
As shadows of the past continue to haunt the forest, Brambleclaw is haunted by a dark figure on a dangerous quest for revenge, and must struggle to remain true to his Clan. A sinister path is unfolding and the time is coming for certain warriors to make the choices that will determine their destiny… and the destiny of all the Clans.
Tawnypelt discovers Brambleclaw in the DF, where Tigerstar offers power to her (I’m kinda glad they didn’t drop Tigerstar’s character completely, cause he was just to big of a villain to not put back in).
Stormfur and Brook, who returned last book, are unwilling to tell why they came to Thunderclan, they try to return to Riverclan, but are kicked out by Hawkfrost, who taunts Stormfur to attack him, unfortunately Stormfur does, shocked, Leopardstar exiles him for disregarding the warrior code (Hold on! That’s NOT PART OF THE WARRIOR CODE LEOPARDSTAR, I LOOKED at EVERY RULE!), Brook comes with Stormfur of course. More time passes, and Fristar finally admits that Graystripe isn’t coming back (Oops, I forgot to say that Graystripe was captured by twolegs) and appoints Brambleclaw as deputy after Leafpool has a vision or brambles protecting the camp. Of course, the decision is met with objection when Brambleclaw exclaims in his surprise that he hasn’t had an apprentice, Firestar says that Brambleclaw will mentor Berrykit when he is six moons old. That night at the DF, Tigerstar congratulates Brambleclaw on being the new deputy of Thunderclan, then reprimands him for bringing up that he doesn’t have an apprentice, Hawkfrost tells him to meet up by the lake in a few days. Struggling with grief, Leafpool visits the Moonpool and discovers that Cinderpelt has been reincarnated into Cinderkit, one of Sorreltail’s kits. Leafpool also finds out though overhearing a fight between Hawkfrost and Mothwing that the moth’s wing left outside Mudfur’s den was actually planted by Hawkfrost, so he could use Mothwing to become the leader of Riverclan. Fox traps have been discovered in the forest, already trapping Berrykit, who lost half his tail in the process of getting out of the trap. When Firestar is found in a fox trap, Hawkfrost, who is the only one there apart from Brambleclaw, urges Brambleclaw to tighten the fox trap around his neck to kill him, so he can be leader of Thunderclan and take over the four clans together, after struggling with the temptation, Brambleclaw releases Firestar from fox trap, Hawkfrost leaps at Brambleclaw, but is killed by Brambleclaw using the sharp stick of the fox trap to cut open Hawkfrost’s throat, while he is dying, Hawkfrost says that he did not work alone, which makes Brambleclaw think their may be a traitor in the clan. After Hawkfrost dies, Brambleclaw expects to be exiled by Firestar, but Firestar instead praises him. The prophecy is fulfilled, as Leafpool realises when she comes across them by following Ashfur’s fear scent.
The book and arc then ends.
I enjoyed this arc, though there were times when it annoyed me, I found the whole plot interesting, and loved how Midnight talks. I also found I liked practically all the characters, so all in all, I liked this arc.
Anyway, bye bye, and see you next time, maybe when part three comes out! Your arc opinionater, Silverkit.