Wildstripe gives warrior names to characters who never received one.
This is my second article (I really hope it reaches 350 words!! Fingers crossed!) But anyway, back to the intro. I feel really sorry for those poor little kits (I might do some apprentices too) who did not get Warrior Names, so, well, let’s go already!
1. I’ll start with Petalkit, Larchkit, and Patchkit.
First up is Patchkit. I think I would name him… Patchleaf, because of his green eyes. I would name him Patchpelt, but there is already a Patchpelt, so Patchleaf it is!
Next is Larchkit. I remember him being determined, trying the jump challenge Rabbitleap gave him, even after Petalkit did not do so well. Larchheart, maybe. Well, I can’t think of anything better, so Larchheart it is.
And now, Petalkit. I remember her being more aggressive than her brothers, (especially Patchkit) shaking the moss ball they were playing with to bits, so Petalclaw, or Petaltooth. Oh, wait, wait, wait, it’s coming… Petalfang! Now that sounds cool.
2. An obvious one, Mosskit!
Bluestar’s poor little kit who died in the snow! She had bright blue eyes, so maybe Mosswater? I know it sounds really bad!! She was gray and white, so maybe Mossmist? But that is a bit of a mouthful, I know, Mosscloud! Perfect!
3. My personal opinion on the saddest death, (yes, I did cry…) Drumroll please, Snowkit!
I know the obvious choice is Snowear, after his deafness, but don’t you think that that is a bit cruel, like Lostface and One-Eye, (I mean the Thunderclan elder One-eye, who nobody seems to realise has the same name as evil One-eye from Dawn of the Clans). He was a cheerful cat, despite being deaf, so I would name him Snowheart. Yeah, that’s good.
4. Now, you’ve probably been waiting for this, Juniperkit, and Dandelionkit.
For Dandelionkit, She is pale orange, like her mother, so I would do Dandelionflight, or Dandelionfire, after Firestar. For Juniperkit, well, he was a dark brown tabby, like his dad, Bramblestar, but there is already a Juniperclaw, so maybe Juniperbark, for his colouring, or, I know, Juniperbranch!
5. I’ll do some apprentices now, starting with Swiftpaw. He attacked a pack of dogs, trying to prove to Bluestar that he could be a warrior, after she declared that only Cloudpaw would become a warrior, because Fireheart was his mentor, and the rest of the mentors were “traitors”. I’m thinking Swiftlion because he was very brave. I know it sounds a little weird, and I don’t think “lion” has been used as a suffix yet, but at least it’s original.
6. Sweetpaw, Thistleclaw’s sister. She had a kind and gentle, if sensitive, personality. I think Sweetwing, reflecting her gentleness.
I think I’m gonna end it there. There was a lot of warriors who were stillborn, or died so young we never got to know their personality, so I’m not going to do them. If you have any ideas, or anyone I missed, be sure to put it in the comments!