Welcome, prospective candidates!
We’re super excited to see your applications and hope to see you at the hustings! 😀
If you don’t have any campaigning material, don’t fret! The only thing needed for these elections is you; the candidate!
Applications for the position are open from July 1st to 23:59 UTC (click here to convert to your local time) on July 4th.
On the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th of July we will hold hustings. Each day, we will create a new post and hand the comments section over to a few candidates (who we’ll identify in the post itself). In the comments section, members of BlogClan can ask questions, and you are able to make speeches and prove your case to be BlogClan’s next Medicine Cat. Importantly, if you are not one of the candidates mentioned in the post of the day, please avoid answering questions! All candidates will get their turn by the end of the hustings period, don’t worry.
Remember, a Medicine Cat’s duty is as follows:
- They welcome the newest members of BlogClan and play an active role on the New Members page.
- They act as a go-between with BlogTeam and BlogClan, being one of the most useful points of contact between these two parts of the community. They do not necessarily have to be a part of the moderator team, but they can give ideas and support.
- They keep the community content, making sure every member of the site feels happy and involved.
- The Medicine Cat will choose a Medicine Cat Apprentice (that won’t necessarily be their current apprentice).
And finally, the rules and requirements for running!
- Candidates have been on and active on the Blog for at least 1 (one) year.
- Candidates must have commented at least once in the past month.
- Can only run for 1 (one) of the two positions.
If this still appeals to you, below is the application form! Be sure to read the information carefully and answer the questions honestly and accurately.
Along with that, applications for Election posters are open! Click here for that.
Good luck to all of you!
If you have any questions, ask below!