25K Comments
Coldheart
Christmas Coldheart
December 3, 2020 10:55 pm

Since only 2 cats participated I will re-post and make the deadline longer(until December 21st). Please come join!

December 3, 2020 11:34 pm

contest prize for slatepaw! 😀 hope you like it <33
comment image

(i personally don’t love it, i feel like it could be better? but it’s all right?)

December 4, 2020 3:20 am

THATS SO GOOD MOON OMG IS THAT WHAT YOU WERE WORKING ON IN STREAM??? I LOVE IT

December 4, 2020 3:27 am

ahh thank you, yes it was! 😀

~`Wolfspirit`~
~`Wolfspirit`~
December 4, 2020 3:24 am

WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT LOOKS AMAZING AND I LOVE THE CUTE MOUSE

December 4, 2020 5:11 am
Reply to  ~`Wolfspirit`~

ack thank you <33

♥️Dancing in the Rain/Raindance (Rainyyy)♥️
♥️Dancing in the Rain/Raindance (Rainyyy)♥️
December 4, 2020 4:28 am

What do you mean ALL RIGHT???!!! It’s absolutely fuzzing amazing like omigoshaballzas I wish I can draw like thatttt

December 4, 2020 6:44 pm

ack thank youuu <33

Flowerpaw/moon wrapped up in christmas lights
Flowerpaw/moon wrapped up in christmas lights
December 4, 2020 4:53 am

KNVCTJRJYJC
the mouse’s face is melting my heart +o+

December 4, 2020 6:17 am

ty <33

halfpaw who finally drew her profile pic and is the fluffiest chimera cat who used to be cinnamonpaw who likes indie pop (you can call me pumpkin/cinnamon/halfpaw/ or halfheart)
December 4, 2020 5:17 am

:O oh starclan, this is the best! I bet slatepaw will love this!

December 4, 2020 6:17 am

thank you! 😀

𝓙𝓮𝓭𝓲𝓶𝓪𝓼𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝔀𝓲𝓵𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽𝓻𝓸𝓼𝓮 🌇
𝓙𝓮𝓭𝓲𝓶𝓪𝓼𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝔀𝓲𝓵𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽𝓻𝓸𝓼𝓮 🌇
December 4, 2020 7:17 am

THIS IS BETTER THEN ALRIGHT-THIS IS HECKING AMAZING :0

December 4, 2020 6:47 pm

ahhh thank you!

Christmas Turtle That Plays In Snow ❄️❄️❄️🐢🐢🐢
Christmas Turtle That Plays In Snow ❄️❄️❄️🐢🐢🐢
December 4, 2020 1:55 pm

MOON THAT ROCKS 💙
Blossomfall defender

December 4, 2020 7:02 pm

Frost is dancing with the blue and red lights and is getting ready for 2021 (Frostcrystal, I'm Frost)
December 4, 2020 2:50 pm

I LOVE THE MOUSEEE

Moon you still wow me, don’t worry

December 4, 2020 7:02 pm

thanks frost! 😀

Redblaze of Gallifrey (Aed)
Redblaze of Gallifrey (Aed)
December 4, 2020 5:46 pm

It’s amazing :00 how can you not like it

December 4, 2020 7:03 pm

the cat looks slightly off to me haha, but thank you 😛

December 4, 2020 7:16 pm

that tis beautiful!!!! i love how you colored the tail and the cheese asterstorm 😀 at first i was thinking why is the mouse so big, then i remembered it’s next to a regular cat 😛

December 4, 2020 9:29 pm

ahh thank you! 😀 and yes haha, i had to look up a mouse’s height and a cat’s height – mice can be 3-4 inches, and cats about 10! but i made the mouse a tad on the small side bc cute 😛

December 5, 2020 4:59 pm

yes smol mice are cute :3

Snowbreeze
Snowbreeze
December 4, 2020 7:47 pm

Oh goodness I love this! Especially the tail, with how flowing and swooped it is! The mouse and cheese are so good as well! 😀

December 4, 2020 9:29 pm
Reply to  Snowbreeze

ahhh thank you! 😀

❄Snow Covered Ivy Wrapped Around a Birch Tree |Ivykit❄
❄Snow Covered Ivy Wrapped Around a Birch Tree |Ivykit❄
December 4, 2020 8:22 pm

KTYRTRDFUYT MOUSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

December 4, 2020 9:29 pm

MOUSEEE! :DDD

frost that forms on slate (slatepaw who might be slatefrost in a few years? idk)
December 4, 2020 9:01 pm

OH HOHOHOHOHO
LOVE IT
OH WOW
yeeeee thanks thanks gadkfjskldfjsdlfj !!!

December 4, 2020 9:30 pm

ahhhh ofc! 😀 i’m so glad you like it! <33

°•~Ebay is Waiting for a Snow Day (Ebonyrain)~•°
°•~Ebay is Waiting for a Snow Day (Ebonyrain)~•°
December 4, 2020 10:01 pm

I LOVE THE TAIL SO MUCH AND THE CUTE LITTLE MOUSE AND CHEESE

December 4, 2020 11:23 pm

Silverfeather (Call me Silvy)
Silverfeather (Call me Silvy)
December 5, 2020 3:31 am

OMG THAT IS AMAZING!!!
I LOVE IT <3

December 5, 2020 5:11 am

thank you! <33

December 5, 2020 3:42 am

aaAAAAAHHH SO PRETTYYY

December 5, 2020 5:12 am

December 5, 2020 6:03 am

i can’t see it for some reason but i bet it’s amazing 😛

December 5, 2020 9:05 am

Me too 😛

December 5, 2020 7:02 pm

rippp 😛

Rainypaw
Rainypaw
December 5, 2020 9:55 pm

yep

Rufflecloud (AKA 'Ruffles')
Rufflecloud (AKA 'Ruffles')
December 6, 2020 1:05 pm

I can’t see the art; instead I see a grey ‘no entry’ sign.

It’s probably my internet browser blocking it, not something wrong with Blogclan itself.

I’m sure the art is great, though! 🙂

Fernpaw • Fern that Drifts in the Breeze
Fernkit
December 6, 2020 9:20 pm

It happens to me too, it shows up for a while, then appears as the symbol.

December 6, 2020 9:23 pm

yeah, that happens to me sometimes too, the files seem to expire or smth and idk why but it just stops working 😛

December 6, 2020 9:25 pm

update: for those who can’t see it, this should work!

Flamecloud the Earthling
Flamecloud the Earthling
December 3, 2020 11:58 pm

comment image
humans……why must you be so hard to draw 😐
Anyway, this is one of the characters in my story, Guild member Quinton Devereux. He’s sort of an antagonist, because his ideas for victory are brutal, but he has his reasons. Specifically, the Monster Hunters killed his parents, older sister, wife, and son. The only maybe living member of his immediate family is his younger sister, who he got separated from and hasn’t seen in years. His thirst for revenge and desperation to look for his sister results in him wanting the war over fast, no matter what it takes. He’s also the only Guild member that accepts that they’re going to have to start stooping down to the Monster Hunter’s level if they want to win.

✨ Cheetahspark ✨
✨ Cheetahspark ✨
December 4, 2020 10:37 pm

woah flame that looks so good! and that is quite an interesting backstory as well, the poor guy 😛

✨ Cheetahspark ✨
✨ Cheetahspark ✨
December 6, 2020 6:10 pm

looks weird that I’m reacting to an empty picture but I could see it when it was in moderation :’)

December 4, 2020 10:42 pm

So cool!

December 5, 2020 6:02 am

i can’t see it :ccc

December 5, 2020 9:06 am

Sameeeee it just looks like a grey circle with a white no entry sign in it to me 😛

Flamecloud the Earthling
Flamecloud the Earthling
December 5, 2020 4:42 pm

huh, that’s odd 😛 it’s gone for me as well comment image

Mapledrift (he/they/xe/ae/mae/ot/se/fey/bee/it)
Mapledrift (he/they/xe/ae/mae/ot/se/fey/bee/it)
December 6, 2020 6:12 pm

woahhhhh that’s incredible !!!

December 6, 2020 9:03 pm

He looks awesome!!! 😀

December 4, 2020 5:19 am

Okay, so I need some shading tips. I made this cool drawing of a person, and its pretty good. Its just that I want to shade it, but I don’t know how. I know how to shade the neck, but that’s pretty much it. If you have any tips, please tell me them! thanks :p

December 4, 2020 5:38 am

my main tip is to make sure you know where your light source is
if its coming from the upper right corner, for example, you’d have light coming from that direction, and therefore the darker shading would be near the bottom left corner.

December 4, 2020 6:17 am

me, who continually shades and just slaps it wherever it looks nice with no light source at all: ah, yes. what viper said 😛

December 4, 2020 9:04 pm

get a light source >:C

December 4, 2020 9:28 pm

December 4, 2020 10:22 pm

December 4, 2020 11:57 pm

i said nooooo :((

December 5, 2020 4:53 am

but i said yessssssss :)))))))

Flowerpaw/moon wrapped up in christmas lights
Flowerpaw/moon wrapped up in christmas lights
December 6, 2020 2:12 am

I don’t do that as well

❄️ Riverfrost ❄️
❄️ Riverfrost ❄️
December 4, 2020 3:59 pm

Adding onto Viper, sometimes I draw a little dot where the light source is so everything is consistent. Think about where the light hits on a face, unse references to help you get realistic shading.

depending on where my light is coming from I shade the side of the face opposite to the light source more. I also pay attention to eyes, noses, and lips.

December 4, 2020 6:09 pm

oh, okay! 😀

December 4, 2020 7:14 pm

like viper said and
i also try to have ref of a shading style i’m trying to use or a drawing someone did w/ shading that looks like my style, then i’ll use that to see how they did the light patches in the hair or shading arms or whatever.

Snowbreeze
Snowbreeze
December 4, 2020 7:51 pm

Going on what Viper said, what I did was draw a little sun in the place I wanted to have my light, and use the rays as arrows. Wherever the arrows “hit” I would shade around! 🙂

Pine tree dappled with Ice (Icepelt/paw)
Pine tree dappled with Ice (Icepelt/paw)
December 5, 2020 9:37 am

Well I have a couple of tips for shading.

First of all, what viper said. Light sources.

If you’re doing cell shading, I often find it easy to cover the whole character with shading and the erase the lighter bits (digital art). For traditional art, I usually divide the character into two. The lighter half and the darker half. First shade in the obvious parts, like the neck or anything that’s covered by anything else. The next step is when it gets tricky. Shade in anytning that’s not facing a light source. The best way to to this is to visualize your image in 3d. There should be more shading on the darker side.

If you’re doing shading with blending, then it’s generally good to shade in everthing that is covered by something else, and some light shading on everything that’s not facing the light source depending on how much shading you want.

If you’re doing digital art, in most art programs there will be a layer blend mode called ‘multiply’, which I normally use for my shading. You can find it by clicking on the bar in your layers section labled normal, and a bunch of options should appear. Choose multiply, and you can shade with one color all the way through according to the layer below 😀 (this part is so confusing aaa)

Hope this helped <3

staring at a void [Lupinetail]
staring at a void [Lupinetail]
December 4, 2020 10:58 pm

ok its been like a month sorry i took so longgg (i nap too much)

you probably dont remember these requests but anyways

https://sta.sh/02cgd9vr4daz – eagleflight for aquila
https://sta.sh/04h8rxeugkl – pinestripe (i need to learn how to draw trees)
https://sta.sh/0fvhodemjj1 – poolbreeze for leafyshadow

i changed my style a little bit and lighting (from the backgrounds) would look even weirder on it so i didn’t do that

anyway thank you for letting me draw (sacrifice) your purrsonas, it has been a while since i’ve drawn seriously in my tablet so it was a lot of funnnn

December 5, 2020 4:55 am

LUP THOSE ARE SO GOOD OMG I LOVE YOUR ART

December 5, 2020 6:00 am

oh my gosh lup those are BEAUTIFUL HOW

December 5, 2020 9:08 am

AHHHH OMG TYSMMMMM!!!!!!
SHE LOOKS INCREDIBLE AND AHHHHHHHHH
I WAS LITERALLY SCREAMING WHEN I SAW THIS AND I SHOWED IT TO MY PARENTS AND THEY THINK IT’S AMAZING TOO!!!!
CAN I PUT IT ON MY WIKI PAGE? 😀😀

🎄Christmastreestripe❄️️ (Pinestripe)
🎄Christmastreestripe❄️️ (Pinestripe)
December 5, 2020 9:26 am

Ahh, they’re so beautiful!! <3 Thank you so much for drawing me, I absolutely love it! 😀

🍀Tiny leafy branch with long, frosted shadow-Leafyshadow/kit🍀
🍀Tiny leafy branch with long, frosted shadow-Leafyshadow/kit🍀
December 5, 2020 9:45 am

OMG OMG THX FOR MY OC POOLBREEZE!!

ℕ𝕠𝕣𝕨𝕒𝕪 𝕨𝕙𝕠 𝕚𝕤 𝔾𝕝𝕒𝕕 𝟚𝟘𝟚𝟘 𝕚𝕤 𝕆𝕧𝕖𝕣! (ℕ𝕠𝕣𝕨𝕒𝕪𝕥𝕦𝕗𝕥 𝕨𝕙𝕠 𝕦𝕤𝕖𝕕 𝕥𝕠 𝕓𝕖 𝔸𝕤𝕙)
ℕ𝕠𝕣𝕨𝕒𝕪 𝕨𝕙𝕠 𝕚𝕤 𝔾𝕝𝕒𝕕 𝟚𝟘𝟚𝟘 𝕚𝕤 𝕆𝕧𝕖𝕣! (ℕ𝕠𝕣𝕨𝕒𝕪𝕥𝕦𝕗𝕥 𝕨𝕙𝕠 𝕦𝕤𝕖𝕕 𝕥𝕠 𝕓𝕖 𝔸𝕤𝕙)
December 5, 2020 4:42 pm

Woah! Those are really good!!! Are you taking requests any time soon?

°•~Ebay is Waiting for a Snow Day (Ebonyrain)~•°
°•~Ebay is Waiting for a Snow Day (Ebonyrain)~•°
December 5, 2020 7:06 pm

awwww i love them so muchhhh

December 5, 2020 10:25 pm

aaaAAAAAAAAHHH they look goRGEOUS!!

December 5, 2020 10:45 pm

those are so amazing!! the way you draw fur is beautiful!! 😀

Fernpaw • Fern that Drifts in the Breeze
Fernkit
December 6, 2020 9:21 pm

:OOO beyond words

December 5, 2020 3:42 am

comment image
I wanted to draw a villain character the other day, but I’ve already drawn all of them, I think, so I just redid Amari’s reference and made her look more fluffy and evil 😛
also I wasn’t in the mood to draw monkey paws because those are very difficult soooo 😛

December 5, 2020 6:02 am

EVIL FLOOF SHEEP THING
I LOVE

December 6, 2020 10:25 pm

December 5, 2020 9:09 am

Awww she looks so amazing and cute!!! 🤍

December 6, 2020 10:26 pm

aw thank you!! <33

°•~Ebay is Waiting for a Snow Day (Ebonyrain)~•°
°•~Ebay is Waiting for a Snow Day (Ebonyrain)~•°
December 5, 2020 7:06 pm

awwww she’s so floofy and adorable and evil haha

December 6, 2020 10:27 pm

thank you!! haha

Christmas Turtle That Plays In Snow ❄️❄️❄️🐢🐢🐢
Christmas Turtle That Plays In Snow ❄️❄️❄️🐢🐢🐢
December 5, 2020 9:04 pm

WHAT AN EVIL FLUFFY FLOOFY BABY ❤️❤️❤️
Blossomfall defender

December 6, 2020 10:27 pm

AAAAH THANK YOU TURTLE <333

Dove gliding over frozen stream (Dovepaw)
Dove gliding over frozen stream (Dovepaw)
December 6, 2020 3:31 pm

D’awww, even though shes evil, she looks like a bean!

December 6, 2020 10:28 pm

haha thanks!!

Mapledrift (he/they/xe/ae/mae/ot/se/fey/bee/it)
Mapledrift (he/they/xe/ae/mae/ot/se/fey/bee/it)
December 6, 2020 5:57 pm

This looks incredible omg darkie i ADORE your art

December 6, 2020 10:28 pm

sldkfjdslkfdj thank you so much, Maple!!! ahh

raven will eat your bread (raventhornpaw)
raven will eat your bread (raventhornpaw)
December 5, 2020 7:53 pm

i first thought i was a very mediocre artist but apparently some people hath compared me to the lords so i thought i’d just share some art “tips” with you i guess 99% of this stuff is just how i draw stuff
even tho I do traditional art as well this is just digital stuff for now.

Tools: Since I’m cheap I just use my 6 or 7-year-old iPad mini, two $15 styli i got for my 11th birthday, and ibispaint x which i got for free and watch ads to unlock all the brushes
Sketching: i f r e e h a n d it all. so no useful tips 😛 (well actually after you sketch if you have the liquify tool then adjust it to make it look more right)
Linearting (if applicable): Just trace over your sketch on a new layer. And since your lineart thickness varies I won’t control that.
Coloring: Since I am a lineart person, I just create a new layer and fill the entire thing with black/whatever color the lines are so it’s easier to identify white spots, then I alpha lock the thing and color the entire thing with the base color
Shading: I am a cell shader and I just create a new layer, change it to multiply, colorpick the darkest eye color because I’m lazy and just put shade lines wherever anything touches because I’m too lazy to get a light source on my png images. but if it is has a background then i usally install a light source and add a bunch of soft shading as well. if you only do soft shading then I guess you could use the magic wand or lasso tool to restrict your area of shading.
and if want actual shading tips then just eyeball all the lights and every part that you don’t think has light put shading there. because i’m unhelpful.

raven will eat your bread (raventhornpaw)
raven will eat your bread (raventhornpaw)
December 5, 2020 8:56 pm

I was about to draw the entire middle batch of the CWB contestants but I didn’t feel like drawing Lily and the last batch so here ‘ya go, 4/5 of the middle batch

scarlett

ashira

keara

kristi
comment image

decides to draw the PoV characters right after

Dove gliding over frozen stream (Dovepaw)
Dove gliding over frozen stream (Dovepaw)
December 6, 2020 3:30 pm

Ahh I love them all! Your art style is so amazing!

Christmas Turtle That Plays In Snow ❄️❄️❄️🐢🐢🐢
Christmas Turtle That Plays In Snow ❄️❄️❄️🐢🐢🐢
December 6, 2020 4:50 pm

OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH THEY ARE JUST…. OH MY GOSH.
<33333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

Blossomfall defender

December 6, 2020 4:57 pm

they look amazing!! 😮 and your lineart style is the coolest thing ever!!

Mapledrift (he/they/xe/ae/mae/ot/se/fey/bee/it)
Mapledrift (he/they/xe/ae/mae/ot/se/fey/bee/it)
December 6, 2020 5:57 pm

AAAAAA I love this so much !!!!!! I can’t wait to see more of your art (i’m excited to see if you draw lake or lana aksdjfhsjka)

Flowerpaw/moon wrapped up in christmas lights
Flowerpaw/moon wrapped up in christmas lights
December 6, 2020 5:58 pm

:OOOOOOOO
they’re alll so amazingg
Scarlett is really speaking to me 😛

❄️ Riverfrost ❄️
❄️ Riverfrost ❄️
December 6, 2020 6:16 pm

I love your style so much wow

Rainypaw
Rainypaw
December 6, 2020 6:35 pm

wow!

December 6, 2020 9:04 pm

They look soooo good!!!!!

🍀Tiny leafy branch with long, frosted shadow-Leafyshadow/kit🍀
🍀Tiny leafy branch with long, frosted shadow-Leafyshadow/kit🍀
December 6, 2020 10:48 pm

I Love All Of Them!
They’re AWESOME

December 7, 2020 5:11 pm

fwjghew I LOVE THEM

December 7, 2020 5:11 pm
Reply to  Poppypaw/sky

DeviantArt is blocked for me but I’m sure they look amazing!

Accidentally Shattered Ice (Ttera || Shatteredmask)
Accidentally Shattered Ice (Ttera | Shatteredmask)
December 6, 2020 7:48 pm

I drew Farleap from My Pride
rip Farleap 😛

December 6, 2020 9:26 pm

so i just wanna say that realism is reallyyyyyy hard but i keep doing it anyways and idk why, but have a rin portrait! 😀
comment image

(i have a lot of fun doing her signature 😛 )

December 7, 2020 2:05 am

update so i found like 1000000 more mistakes and decided to spent half an hour fixing them all 😛 and honestly, i probably created even more in the process. sigh.

December 7, 2020 5:10 pm

MOON
HOW

Flowerpaw/moon wrapped up in christmas lights
Flowerpaw/moon wrapped up in christmas lights
December 7, 2020 2:08 am

:O
the hair looks so coollll, it makes me feel very happy :DD

December 6, 2020 10:38 pm

comment image
aaaaaaaaahhhh okay I’m really proud of this 😛 it’s London and Treasure!! with some lyrics from Froot by Marina and inspiration from the official lyric video from that songgg
(also those are raspberries in Treasure’s mouth, they’ve both got their favorite fruits because, again, the song 😛 )

Rainshine 🌸 Rainie
Rainshine 🌸 Rainie
December 7, 2020 1:21 am

omsc yesss that’s amazing

December 7, 2020 3:08 pm

ahhhh thank youuu

December 7, 2020 2:06 am

IT’S SO CUTE AND BEAUTIFUL AND I’M STILL NOT OVER IT, PLEASE TEACH ME YOUR WAYSSS <33

December 7, 2020 3:08 pm

SLKDFJSDLF THANK YOU SO MUCH MOONNN <333

Flowerpaw/moon wrapped up in christmas lights
Flowerpaw/moon wrapped up in christmas lights
December 7, 2020 2:11 am

awweee sooo cuteeee <3

December 7, 2020 3:08 pm

December 7, 2020 5:26 am

that’s so beautifullllll <3

December 7, 2020 3:11 pm

thanks, Falling!! <3

December 7, 2020 5:29 am

waitttt i checked your wiki page and did you change treasure’s design

December 7, 2020 3:12 pm

yup!! thanks for reminding me so I can fix that on my page 😛 I was gonna post her new ref before this but decided that this took higher priority haha

December 7, 2020 5:10 pm

SGJSHGWEWUIHGWU THOSE COLORS AND SHADING THIS IS BEAUTIFUL

December 8, 2020 5:06 am

SLFKJDLSKFJS THANK YOUUUU

Poppypaw/sky
Poppypaw/sky
December 7, 2020 12:25 am

I’ve made another thing on Canva and put it on DeviantArt:

• Rosefeather
  • The phone really isn't ringing
  • Wrenwing:kit