BlogClan Tavern

We’ve moved again! We now have a whole new second floor to flood with comments! And look at those exposed brick walls – surely this is nothing other than our greatest tavern to date!

This is the place for off-topic chat, sharing and hanging out, so pull up a chair and settle in!

I’m sure BlogTeam is already looking shiftily towards the sign outside – The Cat’s Meow – and wondering who will be the first to look behind it at the secret page held within.

You can find the old Tavern here!

45,696 Replies to “BlogClan Tavern”

1. Eaglepaw
    September 4, 2019 at 5:20 pm

Hey I’m new to this page!

I joined yesterday, I was actually pretty shocked to how many people welcomed me and were just generally nice!

It was my first day in year 8, did anyone else go back to school today?

This seems like a really nice place! 👍

Eaglepaw 🐾

• September 4, 2019 at 5:37 pm

Hi Eagle!! 😀 I’m Pebblepaw, but you can call me Peb or Pebble! <3 Welcome to the Clan! Yes, it's amazing here! 😀 😀
      What’s your fursona? 😀

Wow I wonder.

• Eaglepaw
        September 4, 2019 at 6:11 pm

Hey Pebble!
        Thanks, yep I can tell! 😄😆🐈
        I’m Eaglepaw but I now have an account!
        What’s a fursona sorry?
        I’m new so I don’t really know how everything works yet!
        If it’s your appearance then Eaglepaw is a golden tabby she-cat with Emerald eyes!

Eaglepaw 🐾

Proud Hufflepuff! 💛🦡

• Eaglepaw
        September 4, 2019 at 6:12 pm

Hey Pebble!
        Thanks, yep I can tell! 😄😆🐈
        I’m Eaglepaw but I now have an account! 😁
        What’s a fursona sorry?
        I’m new so I don’t really know how everything works yet!

Eaglepaw 🐾

Proud Hufflepuff! 💛🦡

• Moonpaw/stripe/Moons
      September 4, 2019 at 6:14 pm

Hello! I’m Moonpaw/stripe (often called Moons) and welcome!
      I start school next week (I consider that pretty much in school lol) and yes, you’ll find the Blog is a very nice place! 😀

• Eaglepaw
        September 5, 2019 at 3:24 pm

Moons,
        Thank you!
        Oh lucky, you still have a week of the summer hols!🏝
        Yep, thanks again!

Eaglepaw 🐾

Proud Hufflepuff! 💛🦡

• September 4, 2019 at 6:32 pm

Hi, Eagle! I’m Frosto 🙂 welcome to BlogClan!

💕

• Eaglepaw
        September 5, 2019 at 3:25 pm

Hey Frosto,
        Thank you! 😄

Eaglepaw 🐾

Proud Hufflepuff! 💛🦡

• September 4, 2019 at 7:31 pm

Welcome! Yeah, BlogClan is a really awesome, friendly, and welcoming community!! I’m so glad you feel welcome! I’m at school, I actually started couple of weeks ago 🙁

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

September 5, 2019 at 8:17 am

Thank you!

Eaglepaw 🐾

Proud Hufflepuff! 💛🦡

• Fally
      September 4, 2019 at 9:03 pm

How was your first day? 😀 I started school today too – this was my first day of 10th grade. 🙂

geese ftw

• Eaglepaw
        September 5, 2019 at 8:18 am

It was good!
        Hope yours was too!

Eaglepaw 🐾

Proud Hufflepuff! 💛🦡

• September 4, 2019 at 9:52 pm

Hi Eaglepaw! I’m Owlfeather. Hey I started 8th grade today too! 😀 It’s nice too meet you <3

ann, you opalescent tree shark

• Eaglepaw
        September 5, 2019 at 3:51 pm

Hey OwlFeather!
        I think year 8 is 7th grade age 12/13, but please tell me if I’m wrong!
        That’s cool! Thank you!

Eaglepaw 🐾

Proud Hufflepuff! 💛🦡

2. Mapledrift
    September 4, 2019 at 5:36 pm

PEBBLE

Any tips for writing a whole first draft ? Did you write down character profiles to keep track of stuff ? Did you make a chapter by chapter plan first ? Did you have the whole plot planned out first ? How long were each of your chapters ? Ahhhhhh

I really want to write my story Autumn Stills, here’s the blurb / plot idea 😀

Warbler lives a sheltered, perfect life in a land where autumn never leaves until one day when everything he’s ever know begins to crumble. Desperate to fix the slowly breaking reality, Warbler runs into a secretive stranger, Iris, who seems to know much more about the magic affecting the world than any other cat. Together, they travel to try and find the elusive, immortal mages to try and save everyone before it’s too late.

(Work in progress I literally came up with that off the top of my head)

Any other tips are welcome, I just know for a fact peb has finished a first draft !

• September 4, 2019 at 6:35 pm

That sounds awesome!
      Personally, I don’t write anything out. I have really descriptive ideas of certain chapters, and I use those sometimes, but tend to just write a chapter and add in a lot of things. I have an overall plan, but don’t really plan chapters 😛

💕

• September 4, 2019 at 7:34 pm

That’s so neat! I would read that!!

I’m not peb and I haven’t even started my first draft yet (hopefully I actually get there haha) but I am also working on an original book idea and I’m making a list of everything that happens in the book, and then I’ll organize it into chapters and edit it, and then I’ll actually start writing. But different strategies work for different people!

I also read online that famous author terry pratchet wrote 400 words a day. I’m trying to do 200 as a starting point. So far it hasn’t been amazing, but I’m trying 😛

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

• September 4, 2019 at 7:41 pm

not pebble but i’m sure you’ll write a great first draft ❤️

• Mapledrift
      September 4, 2019 at 7:55 pm

Second version of blurb

The world is crumbling, and so is Warbler’s sheltered, perfect life. Forced to flee through a world forever frozen in autumn, the young tom cat has to face many struggles he never could have dreamed of. After meeting the mysterious and magic obsessed Iris, the two must work together to try and find the last of the immortal mages and save their reality before it’s too late. But with some secrets, buried and still for too long, how can two young cats, with barely any faith in each other, be trusted with the fate of all life ?

Would you want to read that if you saw it in the library ?

• 🐍❄Viperfrost, Allegiances Editor Edition❄🐍
        September 4, 2019 at 8:18 pm

There a couple of grammatical errors that tripped me up for a second, but otherwise it sounds like a solid premise! I’d read it. 😛

#Vouch4Viper

• Mapledrift
          September 4, 2019 at 8:22 pm

Shdineiandojwnaidenska I’m tired Viper 😛
          Do you have any tips for finishing a first draft / writing a book / how much / ahhhhh

• 🐍❄Viperfrost, Allegiances Editor Edition❄🐍
            September 5, 2019 at 1:33 am

Okay, okay, let me try to formulate my thoughts into actual words 😛

1) For finishing a first draft, I’ve heard of (this is for when you’ve reached the editing stage) waiting a few days to a week and then stepping back into editing, since if you’re editing the book just after you wrote it it’s pretty likely that your brain will fill in any holes in the prose for you when you’re trying to read through it.

2) For writing a book, what style of writer are you most like? Writers generally split into two main groups, “planners” and “pantsers”.
            Planners are the ones who benefit most from preplanning the book and may have a few dozen fleshed-out completed character profiles next to them before they actually write any of the scenes with those characters in them. Pantsers write by the seat of their pants and often are referred to as “stream-of-consciousness” writers because they write whatever they feel inspired to write, whenever they feel the inspiration to do so. While most are a mix between the two, there is often a leaning toward one or the other. For example, my style is to think through my characters first and have a couple character profiles for the main characters, which I then figure out how to work into the scene I was just inspired to write after I write it. Everyone’s different. 😛

If you’re mostly a planner, I would recommend looking up character profile questionaires and world-building questionaires, which help to fill out the world before you try to write a story in it. There are a lot of them available for free. There are also resources that can help narrow your plot down from a “plot with conflict in it” to a plot with this main conflict, several side conflicts, and a few minor conflicts that all weave together into the metaphorical rope holding your story together.

If you’re mostly a pantser, I would recommend designing mood boards and collages regarding your characters, because they can help to get a sense of the characters and inspire you for another scene with them in it. I also sometimes draw the characters myself in a scene displaying their interpersonal dynamics, so I can glance at it when I’m writing and won’t forget about furthering their relationships as well as their plot-related arcs. 😛

If you mean “how much” as how much I would pay for it, the answer would probably be five dollars after I checked it out from the library, read it for free, waited for the hype to die down, and then bought it from a used bookstore. 😛 I don’t really pay for books all that much unless they’re secondhand and for a holiday present or something, but that’s just me. 😉 I’m not exactly sure how much this would go for as a brand-new book; how many words is it? is it paperback, e-book, or hard-cover? is it self-published or backed by a traditional publisher? All of these could affect the initial price, so I’m not really sure how much a regular person might be willing to pay for it. 🙂

I know this wasn’t very much information, but I hope at least some of it might be helpful? 😛 (also I don’t know if you saw my reply a couple days ago to the PMV post since i’m forgetful and it was like 1 AM, but spotify won’t let you download songs for free unless you have premium 🙁 i’m really sorry about that, but I hope you do find something and make the PMVs cause they sound great!)

#Vouch4Viper

• September 5, 2019 at 5:18 am

That’s pretty helpful!! How am I both a planner and a pantsed 😛

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

• 🐍❄Viperfrost, Allegiances Editor Edition❄🐍
                September 5, 2019 at 6:44 pm

The perfect mix 😉

#Vouch4Viper

• Pineblossom
        September 4, 2019 at 8:59 pm

Yes! I’d definitely read it, it sounds like my type of book 😀

✧ a rose is a rose is a rose ✧

• September 4, 2019 at 9:52 pm

If I was in the mood to read something about animals and magic, most definitely yes 😛

#ThankYouWoojin

• Fally
      September 4, 2019 at 9:01 pm

not Pebble, but your blurb sounds super cool! 🙂

geese ftw

• September 4, 2019 at 9:54 pm

Ooh, I really like that blurb! I don’t have any tips or anything but good luck <3

ann, you opalescent tree shark

3. Dovestream
    September 4, 2019 at 6:06 pm

hi eaglepaw! i am also new!!! wanna be friends??????????

• September 5, 2019 at 7:48 pm

remember to click the reply button 🙂

4. September 4, 2019 at 7:34 pm

The recent purrs has been taken over by – not 1, not 2, but 3 mods!!

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

• 🐍❄Viperfrost, Allegiances Editor Edition❄🐍
      September 4, 2019 at 8:26 pm

we’re taking over

#Vouch4Viper

• September 4, 2019 at 8:28 pm

Oh gosh

Can…. can I join the rebellion as a…. ummmmmm
        Yeah idk but I wanna be in the rebellion whatever’s it it 😛

Somewhere that’s Green

• 🐍❄Viperfrost, Allegiances Editor Edition❄🐍
          September 5, 2019 at 1:34 am

you can be my spymaster 😛

#Vouch4Viper

• Fally
      September 4, 2019 at 8:59 pm

Oh my :0

geese ftw

• September 4, 2019 at 9:02 pm

• September 4, 2019 at 9:55 pm

we’re kidzbop and were taking over!

ann, you opalescent tree shark

5. September 4, 2019 at 8:10 pm

me when i accidentally make eye contact with somebody

View post on imgur.com

• 🐍❄Viperfrost, Allegiances Editor Edition❄🐍
      September 4, 2019 at 8:16 pm

mood

#Vouch4Viper

• Fally
      September 4, 2019 at 8:58 pm

😛

geese ftw

• September 4, 2019 at 9:55 pm

Yup

ann, you opalescent tree shark

6. Mapledrift
    September 4, 2019 at 8:24 pm

Ahhhhh I just did some crunches and the plank uhhhhh
    I want to have stronger abdominal muscles because I’m weak and basically, I’m insecure about how I look, and it’s not that I’m fat, it’s just my body doesn’t have the muscle to hold in the belly that I have (like I said, not fat just the normal level but like… I have no muscle)
    And now that area sorta ache s and like…. does that mean I’m doing it right ???

• 🐍❄Viperfrost, Allegiances Editor Edition❄🐍
      September 4, 2019 at 8:28 pm

Ugh I’m trying to get some muscle as well 😛 The soreness is good, but if anything starts hurting you’re doing too much

#Vouch4Viper

• shivy
      September 4, 2019 at 8:40 pm

yeah soreness is really normal, but it starts to go away when you start doing exercises more regularly 🙂

• Fally
      September 4, 2019 at 8:51 pm

You should be fine 🙂 unless it’s really hurting, in which case you should back off a little. You don’t want to hurt yourself.

My abdominals are like the only part of me that’s strong tbh 😛 I think the longest I’ve held a plank is a minute and thirty seconds. I really need to pushups though because my arms are weaaaak 😛

geese ftw

• Rainshine 🌸 Rainie
        September 4, 2019 at 9:23 pm

dang me too

下雨天的阳光

• September 4, 2019 at 9:54 pm

Pretty much the exact same thing 😛 Try doing them on the wall. (Like get in the exact position you would be in on the ground just on the wall) My ballet teacher taught us to do them on the barre(but you can also do it on the wall, like I said) and you still get all the work just you don’t have the horrible gravity making it harder 😛

#ThankYouWoojin

• September 5, 2019 at 12:11 am

I can’t even do a push-up 😛

💕

• September 4, 2019 at 9:02 pm

oof

• Iceeeeeeeeeee (Icy)
      September 4, 2019 at 9:10 pm

Soreness is normal, but severe pain is not. Don’t do too much too fast. 🙂

❄ BlogTeam Mod, Medicine Cat ❄

• September 4, 2019 at 9:56 pm

Yes unfortunately it does 😛 I have the same problem rip. I should probably start working out too but eh

ann, you opalescent tree shark

• September 5, 2019 at 6:32 am

Oof big mood!! The thing is, that kind of thing takes practice and time to build up your endurance. You can’t expect to magically be super strong the first time. But if you do even only a few each day, you’ll get stronger in no time! And yes, that ache means you’re building up muscles!! 😀

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

• Rainshine 🌸 Rainie
      September 5, 2019 at 11:09 pm

Perfectly normal, remember to stock up on some protein after your workout! I used to only be able to do 20 second planks, but now I can hold it for idk, 2 or 3 minutes! Good luck!

下雨天的阳光

• Sweets, the Unofficial Couch Potato of BlogClan
      September 5, 2019 at 11:19 pm

Yep! I have both muscle and fat😂 sooooo

Sweets4SW!!!!!!

7. September 4, 2019 at 9:08 pm

View post on imgur.com

This is Rocko, my new i-Dog.

(I don’t know if you can see a reflection of a face on the i-Dog’s head or not, but I don’t think it is.)

*Yawns in Animalese*

8. September 4, 2019 at 9:09 pm

advertising my page since the last one probably got buried 😛

Bluebellpaws Cat

this is the bluebell cavern where you can talk about anything, ask me any questions, post memes and stuff i will respond to everyone’s comment with a gif or image 😛

9. Fally
    September 4, 2019 at 9:09 pm

I had an interesting day. 😛 Today was my first day of 10th grade, and school was really great! I love all my teachers and I know a lot of my classmates. I also got the dvds from my studio’s dance concert so I can’t wait to watch that. 😛 and another random thing: my dad found underground bee (or some stingy bug idk)nest whilst mowing the lawn and now the backyard is filled with some unhappy stingy bugs so that’s fun… thankfully my dad is okay. ❤️

geese ftw

• September 4, 2019 at 9:26 pm

hope your dad’s ok! <3

• September 4, 2019 at 10:00 pm

Ooh congrats on being a 10th grader! <3

ann, you opalescent tree shark

• Moonpaw/stripe/Moons
      September 4, 2019 at 11:35 pm

oof 😛

• Pineblossom
      September 5, 2019 at 1:08 am

Funny thing is that three of my teachers this year I have had previously 😛

✧ a rose is a rose is a rose ✧

• September 5, 2019 at 6:33 am

Glad you had a good first day!!

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

• Cheetahspark
      September 6, 2019 at 12:21 am

Aww I’m glad you had a good first day, Fally! 😀

10. September 4, 2019 at 10:08 pm

My cat walked up to the lemonade stand and she said to man running the stand, “meow.”

Star Wars And Cats

• September 5, 2019 at 1:09 am

meow

• September 5, 2019 at 1:57 am

The man said “no, all we sell is lemonade, but it’s cold and it’s fresh and it’s all homemade. Can i get you a glass?”

ann, you opalescent tree shark

• September 5, 2019 at 5:15 am

the things you gotta do these days for free lemonade huh

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

• Dream wants to go to New York(Dreamwhipser/Dreampaw/Dream)
      September 5, 2019 at 8:34 am

cute 😀

School+Inactive Version

• Sweets, the Unofficial Couch Potato of BlogClan
      September 5, 2019 at 11:22 pm

“Sir, my throat hit a parched, but I’m broke. Will you give me some because you looked at i, the Queen of Cats? “

Sweets4SW!!!!!!

• Cheetahspark
      September 6, 2019 at 12:22 am

bum bum bum bum

11. September 4, 2019 at 10:39 pm

Aaa I’m on my way to the actual last game of the season! Wish us lunch luck! 😀

Also in library today my class was talking quietly and stuff and we all suddenly stopped as this kid (presumably a first grader) somewhere down the hall started screaming for about five seconds straight 😛

• September 5, 2019 at 12:08 am

Good luck!!

💕

• September 5, 2019 at 12:19 am

good luck 😀

• September 5, 2019 at 12:19 am

Good lunch luck, darkie! 😉
      Lol little kids are so weird 😛

ann, you opalescent tree shark

• Pineblossom
      September 5, 2019 at 1:09 am

Good lunch! 😛 but also good luck 🍀

✧ a rose is a rose is a rose ✧

• September 5, 2019 at 2:01 am

🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄

• September 5, 2019 at 5:15 am

Good luck darkie! They’re probably having a very eventful day 😛

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

• Sweets, the Unofficial Couch Potato of BlogClan
      September 5, 2019 at 11:23 pm

😛 I’m not going to wish you luck, I’m going to wish you lunch. Demolish em’!!!!!!!!!!!

Sweets4SW!!!!!!

12. 🦈 Thistleshark 🦈
    September 4, 2019 at 11:05 pm

My legs hurt . Oh all I did was walk up and down the stairs 6 or more times today .yeah my schedule has me running from all three floors up and down the stairs . 😛 yeah my legs feel amazing and I’m currently doing math homework 😭 on the second day of school

• September 5, 2019 at 1:10 am

ooforoni

• September 5, 2019 at 1:58 am

Oh dear 😛

ann, you opalescent tree shark

• Dream wants to go to New York(Dreamwhipser/Dreampaw/Dream)
      September 5, 2019 at 8:35 am

oof

School+Inactive Version

13. September 4, 2019 at 11:18 pm

no one,,,,

absolutely no one,,,,

Apple:
    *screaming at wall about a gay ship*

so i uh, i may be a weeb now--

• September 5, 2019 at 1:10 am

😛

• September 5, 2019 at 1:59 am

Yup. 10000% me :’)
      (I haven’t seen you in a while, hi 🙂 )

ann, you opalescent tree shark

• Icepaw(stream)
      September 5, 2019 at 2:10 am

What ship is it, and what is it from? 😅

How do you make good siggies

• September 5, 2019 at 11:42 pm

k
        kamisero,,,,

from my hero academia,,,,

dont @ me

so i uh, i may be a weeb now--

• Cheetahspark
          September 6, 2019 at 12:25 am

I’m more of a kiribaku shipper myself, but that’s valid