BlogClan Tavern

We’ve moved again! We now have a whole new second floor to flood with comments! And look at those exposed brick walls – surely this is nothing other than our greatest tavern to date!

This is the place for off-topic chat, sharing and hanging out, so pull up a chair and settle in!

I’m sure BlogTeam is already looking shiftily towards the sign outside – The Cat’s Meow – and wondering who will be the first to look behind it at the secret page held within.

You can find the old Tavern here!

49,255 Replies to “BlogClan Tavern”

1. Pearkit
    February 26, 2020 at 12:34 am

I got speedy modded!!!!!

• February 26, 2020 at 1:39 am

team umizoomi

friends will be friends

• πŸ”₯αšΉβ΄ΉπŒ‡πŒ‡α’ͺβ΄ΉαšΉα—…β°ž 🌱 (Peb finally knows what people mean by 'spring is in the air')🌱
      February 26, 2020 at 2:05 pm

Speedsterrrrr πŸ˜›

2. February 26, 2020 at 1:06 am

So fun thing I have discovered

I am uncomfortable writing romance about Ferris Griffin

He’s my own character, I should be able to do it. I’m considering shifting his main love interest, Basil, into the position of main character Since Maddie is being a bore at the moment or at least experimenting with it.

However, that means I’m going to have to describe their relationship in a deeper sense, since it’s going to be an actual member of the relationship telling the story and not somebody else observing it. They’ve always just been a cute side ship, but now I’m trying to write them as the main couple. I’m struggling partially because I’m just bad at writing romance, but also because I feel like I’m invading Ferris Griffin’s privacy. Is that weird? I was trying to write about their first kiss but I just gave up because I felt very distinctly uncomfortable. Ferris is a very complex character (I’m so happy with him πŸ™‚ probably my best character) and I feel like he’s yelling at me.

Sometimes, it’s almost like my characters are real. I randomly just think of conversations with them, I feel guilty for torturing them, but it’s the most with Ferris. I’ve written so much platonic love from him, and he puts up such a tough face, it just feels really weird trying to write him as someone’s boyfriend. Sure, I’ve written their first kiss as something Maddie my original, boring main character walks into, but it’s different writing it from the perspective of Basil. Maddie gives Ferris his privacy, and never gets super close to him, especially not in that way. He supports her, and is strong around her. But with Basil, he feels weak, and embarrassed, and he has to learn to live with his love. Writing his relationship from within his relationship just feels like something I should be doing. Like I don’t have his permission to be writing it.

My inner voices are literally my book characters and one of them is sending very negative vibes at me Ferris come on bud I’m sorry no don’t go slamming you imaginary bedroom door in my face let’s talk this out Ferris :[

The Earthiest Earthling

• February 26, 2020 at 1:17 am

if it helps, you’ve got no clue how awkward i felt (and still feel) writing my series, lunar hearts. yeah. but it’s worth it πŸ˜› i think everybody who tries to write romance will feel like they’re doing it wrong when they first start! but if you really aren’t into the ship, i’m not sure how to help you πŸ™

but good luck! I hope it all works out for you <3

🍭 Step Into My Candy Store 🍭

• February 26, 2020 at 1:29 am

*Should not be doing oops typo

The Earthiest Earthling

• February 26, 2020 at 1:38 am

i am not good at wrong but good luck ❀️❀️❀️

• February 26, 2020 at 4:07 am

ahhh same same same i feel so awkward and uncomfortable writing romance

great starclan what am i doing

February 26, 2020 at 7:52 pm

Like Moon said, I think romance is going to feel weird/wrong when you first start writing it; the more you write about it, you should get more used to it. If you aren’t liking the pairing, maybe experiment with some other ones? Like try writing a couple experimental scenes with Maddie and another character and see if it feels any better. Good luck! πŸ™‚ <3

• Pinestripe
      February 29, 2020 at 1:13 am

I treat my characters like they’re real, too! They’re like friends to me.
      Maybe try adding some other parts about Ferris in addition to the romance. Like some unrelated events which would show him as strong, just to make it up to him.
      Anyways, good luck with your story. And I think it’s good how much you love your characters πŸ™‚

3. CrystalStream
    February 26, 2020 at 1:10 am

I’m so lonely. Entertain me fam

I love our strange son. <3

*come back as clown*

OH YEAH GET A LOAD OF THIS COMMON WIERD

*thoroughly odd dance*

LEEEETTTT IT GOOOOO
      LETT IT GOOOOOOOO
      CAN’T HOLD IT BACK ANYMORRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

*throws dirt that’s totally supposed to be snow*

*giant bug flies in that looks like a mosquito crossed with a luna moth*

*jumps on*

*flies around room*

WWWWHHHOOOOOOOOOOOO ARE YOU ENTERTAINED????????

*gymnastic flips off*

*epic bow*

TA…..Da……..

whew

HOPE THAT WAS ENTERTAINING

*darts off*

• CrystalStream
        February 26, 2020 at 5:29 am

*round of applause for Peb*

I love our strange son. <3

• February 26, 2020 at 2:00 pm

Woo hoo! Bravo, bravo! *applause*

Thy nightingale shalt return!

• πŸƒ Fluttering Ivy Leaves in the Spring Breeze 🌼
        February 26, 2020 at 4:22 pm

*claps* wonderful!

*...what an awkward situation*

February 26, 2020 at 7:55 pm

Bravo! *claps* πŸ˜›

• February 26, 2020 at 4:16 am

*inhale*
      so did you knOW that oranges live in january, and that we are in fact upside down (the last thing is true actually)
      unicorns are parallelograms and are very tasty
      but yet the hand sTILL won’t listen and frickin stAY STILL
      mirrors that are fat will dISTORT your image
      area 251 exists
      btw red is a triangular prism
      *throws grass* and sNOW FALLS UPWARDS
      *draws elephant* he’s so edgy look at him
      is this a shirt oh wait it’s a shoe hat

what don’t expect me to be sorry
      at least you’re not bored anymore
      this is how i make my friends suffer have fun

great starclan what am i doing

• CrystalStream
        February 26, 2020 at 5:30 am

I love our strange son. <3

• February 26, 2020 at 2:00 pm

Bravo! *applause

Thy nightingale shalt return!

• πŸƒ Fluttering Ivy Leaves in the Spring Breeze 🌼
        February 26, 2020 at 4:23 pm

amazing!

*...what an awkward situation*

• Brambleheart is in School Right Now
        February 26, 2020 at 6:42 pm

This is literally what my friends do with me. I love it.

February 26, 2020 at 7:33 pm

*dies laughing*

February 26, 2020 at 7:56 pm

Shadow, you eat unicorns? :0 dun dun dun

• Turtlepaw/ dapple.
      February 26, 2020 at 2:35 pm

BANANA BANANA BANANA BANANA.

Did that help?

February 26, 2020 at 7:54 pm

*entertains* πŸ˜›

• February 26, 2020 at 10:39 pm

*hands 1000 warriors book*

Star Wars And Cats

4. Ironthistle
    February 26, 2020 at 1:43 am

finished most of my online lifeguarding course. so I’m happy about that. also listening to one direction because i can. also my first class was tough again thanks to Annoyingtuft ( mostly him today )and Punchclaw the two guys who made me feel bad about myself the other day since i have hard time with numbers.

TEAM IRONSTRANGE ASSEMBLE !

February 26, 2020 at 2:19 am

UGH YO I HAVE A HARD TIME WITH NUMBERS TOO SO JUST LAY OFF JERKS

Yayyy congrats πŸ˜ƒ

• February 26, 2020 at 12:54 pm

ugh sorry they were being jerks, ignore them

you are smart and wonderful <3

February 26, 2020 at 7:57 pm

Congrats on finishing the lifeguarding course! That is such a cool accomplishment. πŸ˜€ <3 I'm so sorry about the guys in your class; ignore them the best you can. You are very smart, and nothing they say will change that! <3

5. February 26, 2020 at 2:47 am

I’m quite intrigued in politics now for some reason!
    After watching all the impeachment hearings, it just made me want to get more involved in political stuff.
    Weird huh

Bluebird by Miranda Lambert

• February 26, 2020 at 3:51 am

i’m listening to the democratic debate at the moment!

✧ a rose is a rose is a rose ✧

• CrystalStream
      February 26, 2020 at 5:31 am

I’ve always been into politics. My conclusion…. all the presidents are bad vote for whoever we’re all gonna die anyways make the most of out of your life buy gold seeya kids. (THIS IS A JOKE DONT TAKE IT SERIOUSLLYYYYYY)

I love our strange son. <3

• February 26, 2020 at 5:46 am

my aunt was a history teacher and I’ve heard her ramble about politics too much lol
      I do think is is kind a interesting, however, but nowadays it’s just….well

hey its mee, Bee!!

• February 26, 2020 at 12:56 pm

cool!

remember if you want to decide which side you want to take make sure you are well informed about the people and the political beliefs so you are a 100% sure about who you like to support!

• Foxtail (Foxie)
      February 26, 2020 at 5:52 pm

Rip I don’t like politics πŸ˜› Never been interested in them haha

Almost a dancing queen

• That's right it's shivy
      February 26, 2020 at 6:05 pm

I’m v interested in politics! honestly I think my friends are sick of me going on about politics a bit too much hehe

February 26, 2020 at 7:59 pm

That’s really cool! πŸ™‚ I don’t follow politics too closely but my parents have gotten really into watching CNN lately so I’ve heard a lot from them. πŸ˜›

• February 26, 2020 at 8:09 pm

my parents are always talking about politics so i usually end up knowing a lot about it rip πŸ˜› i have become much more interested in it this past year though πŸ˜€

6. February 26, 2020 at 3:04 am

Hmm another question
    Pizza or tacos??
    hmu with some chicken bacon ranch pizza anyday πŸ˜›

hey its mee, Bee!!

• Iceeeeeeeeeee (Icy)
      February 26, 2020 at 4:35 am

Hmmm. Tough question. I really like veggie pizza, but I think my heart belongs to soft tacos.

❄ BlogTeam Mod, Medicine Cat ❄

• February 26, 2020 at 4:49 am

I do like soft tacos!

✧ a rose is a rose is a rose ✧

• CrystalStream
      February 26, 2020 at 5:32 am

Tacooooooooooo soooooft
      But also
      Little Caesar’s gooooood

I love our strange son. <3

• February 26, 2020 at 12:56 pm

pizza all the way!

• Turtlepaw/ dapple.
      February 26, 2020 at 2:36 pm

Pizza, but with no cheese because I hate cheese.

• February 26, 2020 at 4:01 pm

pizza

i see the snow

• πŸƒ Fluttering Ivy Leaves in the Spring Breeze 🌼
      February 26, 2020 at 4:23 pm

PIZZA FOREVER πŸ˜›

*...what an awkward situation*

February 26, 2020 at 8:00 pm

Tacos (with soft shells) for sure. πŸ˜› But I also really like barbecue chicken pizza. πŸ™‚

• February 26, 2020 at 8:10 pm

pizza haha i think i’ve only had tacos once or twice and they were homemade πŸ˜›

• February 26, 2020 at 9:30 pm

I highly dislike tacos, so pizza!

• February 26, 2020 at 9:45 pm

Pizza!!!

Vouch for Sandy & Crystie!

7. Pebbleglow (paw) - Glowy
    February 26, 2020 at 5:16 am

Now I see y Gwaystripe loved Silvahstream so much:

View post on imgur.com

Silver Tabbies are just SOO DANG CUTE! I want one πŸ˜›

But trust me, Siamese kittehs are the best!

View post on imgur.com

• Foxtail (Foxie)
      February 26, 2020 at 7:04 am

My cat is legit a mix between a silver tabby and a Siamese (two adorable cats in one!) πŸ˜› She’s very pretty! ^^ She has Siamese points, blue eyes, and a silver tabby pelt!

View post on imgur.com

Almost a dancing queen

• Pebbleglow (paw) - Glowy
        February 27, 2020 at 1:40 am

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

• February 26, 2020 at 12:57 pm

awww πŸ˜›

• February 26, 2020 at 2:02 pm

Me: *looks at first pic*
      Me: awww
      Me: *looks at second pic*
      Me: AAAHHHHH!! (I got shocked by that huge face right in front of me rip πŸ˜› )

Thy nightingale shalt return!

February 26, 2020 at 2:03 pm

Hahaha is that Magic or the other that I forgot the name? πŸ˜› That’s so dang cuteeee

Ooh the pattern :0

• Pebbleglow (paw) - Glowy
        February 27, 2020 at 1:39 am

Yup, that’s Magic, and the other one is Angel:

Angel being Angel

Angel’s not as much of a social butterfly as Magic and is a total sleepyhead (meaning she sleeps all day and is up all night) and is a huge mischief-maker. I love her. πŸ˜›

February 27, 2020 at 4:32 pm

SO CUTE dfdshjafog afdh fshhfgdsj

the way she’s looking at you is so precious πŸ˜›

• Turtlepaw/ dapple.
      February 26, 2020 at 2:36 pm

SO CUTE.

• February 26, 2020 at 4:06 pm

you just have to admit, all cats are cute πŸ˜›

✧ a rose is a rose is a rose ✧

February 27, 2020 at 4:33 pm

THAT’S MY SISTER AND I’S SAYING πŸ˜›

February 26, 2020 at 8:01 pm

Aww both are very cute! <3 Is the Siamese yours? πŸ˜€

• Pebbleglow (paw) - Glowy
        February 27, 2020 at 1:35 am

Yesh, that fluffy siamese gurl is mine

8. February 26, 2020 at 8:13 am

i love it when i draw something I’m actually proud of

🍭 Step Into My Candy Store 🍭

• What Shall We Do With An Unsigned Bluebell?
      February 26, 2020 at 9:19 pm

πŸ˜€

9. February 26, 2020 at 1:03 pm

when i go to a food place i suggested and they ask me what i want

View post on imgur.com

February 26, 2020 at 7:28 pm

YES πŸ˜‚

February 26, 2020 at 8:02 pm

Haha me too πŸ˜›

10. February 26, 2020 at 3:44 pm

hehe im finally fleshing out my oc’s

i see the snow

February 26, 2020 at 7:36 pm

Yay πŸ˜› I love character developments. Having fun?

February 26, 2020 at 8:03 pm

it’s always really satisfying to do that πŸ˜›

• February 26, 2020 at 8:38 pm

πŸ‘Œ

friends will be friends

11. πŸ”₯αšΉβ΄ΉπŒ‡πŒ‡α’ͺβ΄ΉαšΉα—…β°ž 🌱 (Peb finally knows what people mean by 'spring is in the air')🌱
    February 26, 2020 at 3:46 pm

Got any suggestions for music to listen to while you’re writing? πŸ˜›

• February 26, 2020 at 6:32 pm

Find music that suits the atmosphere of what you’re writing! If it’s a tense battlefield, find some music that’s more anxious and energetic in its melody, but if you’re doing a scene that’s a lull from the action, go for music that’s more serene and relaxing πŸ˜€ I find it really helps to get me in the mood!

Alternatively, there’s always a piece of music that will just get you writing in general πŸ˜› I have one of those but so far I’ve only tried it for school papers, so I’m not sure if it works for my creative writing πŸ˜›

Moderator, BlogClan's Deputy

February 26, 2020 at 7:41 pm

Thanks πŸ˜€ It definitely does. I’ll try searching some more specifics than what’s already in my list πŸ˜› Thanks!

February 26, 2020 at 8:06 pm

I find that simply songs that make me happy usually get me in the mood to write. πŸ˜› And like Embix said, when writing a particular scene go for songs that have the same (or a similar) mood/atmosphere as to what you’re writing. Music is also good for inspiration, so that might also help you come up with new ideas for your stories! πŸ™‚

• February 26, 2020 at 8:15 pm

i love electroswing in general, or pop music that fits with the mood of the scene that you’re writing πŸ˜€ i usually just put my playlist of many genres on shuffle and that helps me vary the scene’s moods or gives me inspiration for another scene πŸ™‚

• February 26, 2020 at 8:39 pm

hmmmm queen

• February 26, 2020 at 11:46 pm

Stray Kids

#ThankYouWoojin

• February 27, 2020 at 3:48 am

Coffeehouse and acoustic is really good for writing more relaxed scenes like conversations πŸ˜€ I actually made myself a playlist with my favorite acoustic songs for that purpose. On the other hand, when I write fight scenes (mostly Pokemon battles), I have another playlist set aside, which is mostly EDM and video game music, but that part’s all up to you πŸ™‚

🍭 Step Into My Candy Store 🍭

12. That's right it's shivy
    February 26, 2020 at 6:07 pm

day one of being vegan (for lent) and its ok,, I’m managing????
    had some vegan white chocolate today and it was so gross ahahaha that’s a downside

February 26, 2020 at 7:38 pm

Niiceeeee πŸ˜€ I tried being vegetarian when I was 7/8–or maybe 9 πŸ˜› Point is it didn’t work out πŸ˜›

Good luck!!

• That's right it's shivy
        February 27, 2020 at 1:18 am

heh I’ve been vegetarian for more than 10 years but veganism is a struggle cant lie

February 26, 2020 at 8:06 pm

nuuu gross chocolate is the worst. πŸ˜›

• February 26, 2020 at 8:19 pm

ooh shivy let me know how you’re doing πŸ˜€ I’m happy to recommend some good vegan products and recipes if you want πŸ˜› my family have been veggie for a while now so we have a couple of vegan recipes/foods up our sleeves πŸ™‚

• Shivy
        February 27, 2020 at 1:18 am

ohhh yes I will πŸ˜€

• February 26, 2020 at 8:39 pm

πŸ˜›πŸ‘

• February 26, 2020 at 11:47 pm

My uncle is vegan and I could neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I love cheese, meat, and icecream wayyyyyyyyyy too much rip. πŸ˜›

#ThankYouWoojin

• shivy
        February 27, 2020 at 1:19 am

cheese is my LIFE :((((((

• February 27, 2020 at 3:08 am

Be like my uncle then.

Strict vegetarian, loose vegan πŸ˜‰

#ThankYouWoojin

13. Potato 🌸(Blueflower)πŸ’™
    February 26, 2020 at 6:32 pm

Doing a big research project in English and I’m doing mine onnnnnn
    Graphic Design!!! As a career! Because that’s what I wanna do because I really love art and it would be something I enjoy I think!
    So in some time, come to me with your graphic design questions haha πŸ˜›

(I did want to be a vet but after losing my cat, no, I can’t do that)

February 26, 2020 at 8:08 pm