23,943 Replies to “The Hug Page”

1. 🌸Cheetahflight ( Flighty!)⚡⚡
    January 6, 2019 at 8:07 pm

I have a problem:
    So once every 8th graders goes to Washingtion D.C for fun, and go with friends.
    I have no idea that parents’ minds can change quickly.
    I told them that I want to go young, but no, they have to crush my lively spirt.

~ SquirrelXBramble4life ~

• Fallenshadows (Fallen)
      January 9, 2019 at 8:56 pm

I’m sorry, Flighty. 🙁 *hugs* ❤️❤️❤️

Running for SW!!

• January 10, 2019 at 4:37 am

*Huggles* Sorry to hear that! <3

• January 10, 2019 at 6:55 pm

I’m really sorry! I went, and it was a great experience. Talk to your parents and see why they don’t want you to go. If it’s a money issue, maybe you could raise some. If it’s a responsibility issue, maybe you could take on some jobs/extra chores so they see you’re ready. If it’s a safety issue, maybe they can talk to the teachers running it. I know for my trip, the teachers were very, very strict to make sure everything went smoothly. And it did! I hope you get to go! *huggles*

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

• January 10, 2019 at 9:21 pm

Sorry! Flighty, I hope you get to go sometime else! *Huggles*! Sorry!

Spotsy is coffee-ready!

2. January 6, 2019 at 9:18 pm

I’m unwell and feel depressed and school is starting tomorrow hhh

Peepee

• Birchfoot
      January 6, 2019 at 9:43 pm

Is there anyone you feel comfortable talking to, like a friend or parent or someone? Even talking to a therapist might be really helpful in sorting out and working through how you’re feeling <3

• January 7, 2019 at 9:21 pm

I’m not very sociable and tend to not feel comfortable talking to anyone about my emotions, but I feel less uncomfortable when I’m talking to people over the internet, so I guess I’m lucky this page exists lol

Peepee

• Birchfoot
          January 9, 2019 at 2:28 am

I understand it’s terrifying to talk about how you’re feeling and I’m sorry you feel like you can’t talk to people easily about your emotions. If it helps to talk here then 100% keep posting here <3 though if it gets worse it would probably be good just to at least consider talking to a counselor even though it's so hard

i do hope you start to feel better though <3

• January 10, 2019 at 6:56 pm

awww I’m so sorry. I felt like that on Sunday. Just try and take it one step at a time. Whenever you feel sad about school starting, try to focus your thoughts in another direction and just enjoy the day. (personally, this doesn’t work for me, but maybe it’ll work for you 😛 )

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

3. January 7, 2019 at 2:35 am

I’ve been having a couple of issues with my family recently, mainly with my dad. But here’s some background before I say what happened, since it’s kind of important to know: I can’t go to sleep properly at all; I’ve tried many different methods of getting sleep and none of them work. I’ve usually ended up being unable to sleep until 8 am or later. And I also have a problem with sleeping in; even when I do fall asleep around my actual bedtime (9:30 pm) I always end up waking up around noon or later than that. Recently it’s been past 4 or 5 pm when I wake up. I’ve tried to talk to my parents about it, but they just say that I’m always on my chromebook or on my 2ds and that it’s my fault for staying up so late when I can’t even control it. My dad basically just tells me to shut up and says that I never listen to him and how selfish I am on a daily basis. So there’s the background info.

Today I couldn’t wake up until 5 something, and the only reason I was able to wake up was because my dad was yelling and cursing at something (he always is). I could barely get out of my bed, but I could tell dinner was ready because I heard my sisters rushing to the kitchen. I was still tired, and my body decided to make me sleep some more. Once I managed to get to the kitchen, the only thing that was left was basically just table scraps. So I ended up just not eating since I could barely fix myself anything anyways (barely anything left) and went to my dad’s desktop to check on my other gmail account (because they blocked using other gmail accounts on our chromebooks). My dad “reminded” me that dinner was ready, to which I replied “Yeah, thanks for the scraps.”. Okay, it might’ve been rude but my point still stands. No one calls me for dinner when it’s ready. No one. It’s the reason why I haven’t had actual dinner since two weeks ago; I’ve had to microwave chicken noodle soup and hope for the best (it doesn’t even fill me up and I just end up starving anyways). Then he just snapped me, saying that I wouldn’t be hungry if I’d gotten of my lazy butt (see I’m censoring here) and that I needed to stop going on my chromebook for so long.

Yesterday at church, me and my sister Cottonkit had a fight (okay I’m going to be blunt but Cottonkit is my least favorite of the 3 little siblings so that should say enough on how I feel about her and how she feels about me). She was annoying me the entire time, and I told her to knock it off. My dad got involved and he told Cottonkit to stop it, and then he told me that I needed to learn how to ignore people. We argued (in church fyi) about it until I told him to shut up and that he doesn’t listen to me either. My dad also allows my toddler sister to constantly say things like “[my real name here]’s ugly!” or “Bad [my real name here]!” over and over. I tell her to stop, and my dad tells me to “ignore it” again. She keeps going, and my sisters Cottonkit and sometimes even Midnightkit join in too (remember how I said me and Cottonkit don’t get along? This is a main reason why). I yell at them to knock it off/shut up, and my dad yells at me to shut up and learn how to put up with it (sometimes he even says to stop harassing them).

It’s been about three weeks, but my dad also took down my room’s door again (for the 5th time) because I kept getting late to school and that I can’t seem to fall asleep properly as a punishment. He even threatened that if I didn’t stop getting tardy to school, that I would get arrested. He made me watch/read a video/article about a kid my age getting arrested for being late to school. I also asked him last week if I could get my door back, and he said these words exactly: “When you think about your actions and how you could earn it back.” So as you can tell, I’m pretty much at my breaking point with him. I’ve been putting up with his treatment of me for a long time (before he became a Christian he was actually somewhat abusive to me; eg throwing me across my bedroom when I was 7 because I didn’t share a toy with one of my sisters, and I landed against a wooden drawer head-first) and it was honestly expected at some point in my life. I…really don’t like living with my father any more. I don’t feel safe, especially with the fact that I’m trans (genderfluid was honestly just something for me to use until I sorted things out) and how violent/unpredictable he can be at times, and what makes it worse is the fact that idk how he feels about LGBTQ+. The only people I’d actually feel safe coming out to are my friends, and even then I have no clue how they feel about it either. The only reason I’m looking forward to school is so I can just get away from my family. Long story short, I am not having a good 2019 so far and I despise this year already.

uSE thY lIMBs tO uNMotIOn

• Icy Wants a Tissue for Christmas
      January 7, 2019 at 3:03 am

Oh, Hazel. ❤ You shouldn’t have to deal with this. It isn’t okay.

1. You might’ve already done this, but try setting a really loud, annoying alarm to wake you up? You could also put it across the room to force you to get out of bed to shut it off. However – if you’re having this hard of a time sleeping, you should see a doctor about it. They could be able to help. Do you have any idea why you can’t sleep? Is something keeping you awake, stress-wise? Is your bed not comfortable? Are you simply not tired? I have a hard time getting to sleep too, but not as tough as you seem to be having. ❤

2. I don’t have younger siblings, so I can’t be of much help. But that isn’t okay, and I’m sorry. 🙁

3. It isn’t okay to be physically or verbally abused – ever. I’m not sure what the protocol for verbal abuse is, but if your father ever attempts to hurt you (or a sibling or your mother) or physically threaten you again, call the police. It is not acceptable for you to live in fear. ❤

4. I’m sorry you don’t feel like you can be yourself. Again, it isn’t okay. But one day, Hazel, one day. One day you will be able to hold your head high, one day you will be able to be yourself. I promise. And you can help others be themselves too. You can help others like you. One day, things will be great. I just wish one day could be tomorrow. ❤

I leave you with this short poem by Atticus. I hope you find it comforting, at least a bit. ❤

“Don’t give up now
      chances are
      your best kiss
      your hardest laugh
      and your greatest day
      are still yet to come.” – Atticus

ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴛᴜᴅᴏʀ ʀᴏꜱᴇ ʜᴀꜱ ᴛʜᴏʀɴꜱ 🌹

• January 10, 2019 at 6:19 am

As for one and three…
        1. I do, but for some reason it doesn’t go off properly. Today it didn’t go off and I missed an entire day of school.

3. I’ve tried talking to my social worker about my dad, and she either completely ignores it (when I’m in group therapy) or she tells me to try to get along with him better (when talking 1 on 1 with her). Idk, I just don’t know what to do. I’m not sure whether it’s abuse or not, since he acts nice most of the times and then he explodes. :/

uSE thY lIMBs tO uNMotIOn

• Icy Wants a Tissue for Christmas
          January 10, 2019 at 9:05 pm

I’m so sorry, Hazel. 🙁 It just isn’t fair. You deserve better. ❤

ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴛᴜᴅᴏʀ ʀᴏꜱᴇ ʜᴀꜱ ᴛʜᴏʀɴꜱ 🌹

• January 7, 2019 at 11:59 pm

Gosh, sorry Hazelsong! This stuff is NOT okay to experience. I’ll do my best with advice, so here…

1. The U.S. Navy had actually figured out how to fall asleep in 2 minutes, and here’s the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1CWinr5AkI And if it doesn’t work, is your bed comfortable enough? If not, you can try to break out some big, soft blankets to cushion it a bit more.

2. If you don’t want to live with your dad anymore, you can contact a foster care center or someplace like that. And it’s NEVER okay for you to be abused by your dad like that. If you don’t feel like contacting a foster care center, you could manage to talk to another trusted adult (teacher, priest, etc.). Or like what Icy said, call the police. But seriously the stuff about your dad being mean to you makes me rage.

3. It is totally okay to be trans or anything similar! For your age, it’s probably very normal.

Are you able to go to your friend’s house? If so, you could try to come over and have dinner with them instead.

Just remember that one day, all of this will come to an end, and that one day, you’ll feel strong and encouraged. Nothing will get in your way. I think I’m trying to be too deep lol 😛

• January 10, 2019 at 7:11 pm

God Hazel, that’s horrible. I’m so sorry. You shouldn’t have to deal with that <3

1) I have a similar problem, but it's not as bad. Some things that help me are listening to meditation podcasts, drinking warm milk before bed, getting out of bed and stretching/walking around if I can't sleep, and having a lot of stuffed animals. I know it sucks, but please don't go on technology 30 minutes before you want to go to sleep. It will wake you up. This may sound funny but for waking up you could try putting on one of those Disney Channel movie songs where they're like "oh hey it's a new day let's go" or something like that. Sometimes that helps me get in the mindset of being awake. "Brand New Day" from Camp Rock 2 is a nice one. So is "When Will My Life Begin" from Tangled (not exactly in the same vein, but it still helps me.)

2) Okay, you really need to eat something. Even if it's small. It will get your metabolism going. Can you keep food in your room so you do't have to go downstairs? Does your family know that you haven't been eating? Because that's not okay. Having a steady meal schedule does wonders for mental health.

3) I'm sorry, I don't have any advice for this one. I know it's tough, but try not to snap at your sisters. I'm not trying to take your dad's or their side, because their teasing is rude and unjustified, but it sounds like that only makes the situation worse. You can snap back at them in your head or try to tune them out. One of my favorite tips for dealing with bullies is that when you ignore them and they don't get a reaction out of you, they'll get bored and move on.

4) I don't think you can get arrested for being late to school. There's a lot of fake stuff on the internet. Could you hang up a blanket over your doorframe? That sounds fair that you don't feel safe. It doesn't sound like he's giving you a good environment. I don't know a lot about how to deal with abusive parents, but if he does anything drastic call the police. And get out of there.

I really hope things improve for you, dear. <3

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

4. January 7, 2019 at 3:52 am

I’ve been working on a history project since school started, and I’m finally almost done with the stupid thing. It’s a documentary, so I had to record all my audio separately. I had everything exactly how I wanted it, exactly where I wanted it, when one little mishap with one line of dialog screwed up the audio so bad that now I have to completely redo all of my audio. And the video is due on Wednesday. Freaking WEDNESDAY. So far, 2019 has been a whole lot of ugh. I want to go outside and scream my head off until I run out of breath, but I’l still be ticked off and super stressed so it’s kind of pointless. Sorry for crazy-ranting, I just needed to explode a little bit.

I'm the King of New York

5. January 8, 2019 at 12:38 am

So first of all before I start this long rant/problem, I just wanna say that I am trying to be more active because I skipped MANY days, so yeah.

Alright, so I recently noticed that my life is changing, in good ways and bad ways. First, I had watched this video about C students being more successful than A students. You might be all like “OMG DON’T LISTEN TO THAT VIDEO IT’S A LIE!” but it actually really isn’t, now that I’ve thought of it more. I think that a lot of C students spend a lot of time on the Internet, so they get inspired to become a singer or be a famous YouTuber. So these kind of people are a bit like me. Lately, I spend my free time on the Internet, usually YouTube. Ever since I got obsessed with YouTube, I really wanted to have a famous YouTube channel until I’m 13 years old (because that’s the required age for one). I would do DIYs, pranks, life hacks, reacting videos, 24-hour challenges, you name it! I just simply want fame since I’m an extrovert, except in school, but we’ll get to that later. But, once all of this happened, I realized I’ve become worse in school, and I used to be that one supa smart kid that never did almost nothing wrong in school and didn’t pay attention to all of that Internet stuff. I don’t know if it’s because of YouTube, or middle school is just really hard. But in the 2nd semester, I got 2 major marks. The marks are given to students who were either disrespectful, off task, not following directions, or disrupted the class. The 2 marks I got were both for not following directions, and for NO GOOD REASON. Then I started thinking back when I was a good kid and when I was the teacher’s favorite student. But that’s now all just kinda crashed. I feel stupid about it. Now, when I’m at school, I always think about what my other teachers would say when they found out that I had 2 marks, especially my teacher in 3rd and 5th grade.

Then I have also felt self-conscious about my looks. They’re are a lot of girls in my school that are COMPLETELY acne-free. I’m not trying to aim for a Beyonce look, but I do wish I could manage to wash my face sooner than later. And then I also feel self-conscious about my voice. You know when you listen to a recording of yourself and your voice is completely different? I experienced this when I made a short random clip of myself. My voice sounds very deep, and not at all like a girl’s. (And no, I am not trans or bi.)

If you managed to read all of this without dying of boredom or skipping a bunch of stuff, you deserve these cookies. 🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪

• rainbow-colored kinkmas tree
      January 9, 2019 at 9:44 pm

it’s alright, i’m really self-conscious about my voice and face too. 🙂 i like, actively avoid mirrors and listening to myself for that very reason. i think everyone is self-conscious about themselves. (although just because you have a deep voice doesn’t make you bi? i can understand why you might clarify you’re not trans but?? bi???)

if you want to be a famous youtuber. go for it! don’t let anyone crush your dreams. you’re a super cool person, forest! i bet you could pull it off! if you have the right drive and inspiration i know you’ll be able to do it. 🙂

it’s gay time in this chilis

• January 10, 2019 at 2:45 pm

I had just added that I am not trans or bi because I just wanted to remind people that that isn’t a problem for me, so it was kinda off-topic. 🙂

But thanks for the advice!

• January 10, 2019 at 4:36 am

Hey, I totally get you about the whole voice thing. And the looks thing too, honestly. The first time I heard myself on a voice recording, I was – disheartened, I suppose. Even now, my speaking voice just sounds so – off to me. It’s just weird to hear, and sometimes I feel like it doesn’t match with me at all. That’s probably not the same thing you’re saying but –
      Just so you know, others feel like you, if that helps. <3
      And about acne: Apparently tea tree oil can help, just rub it on there and you're done. Face washes with charcoal are supposed to be good as well. I use both of these things, but remember to find out how your skin will react first! 🙂
      For the YouTube channel, don't give up your dream! Plan how you'll do it: Write out what you want to do, how you'll do it, and maybe you can gather up any supplies that might be needed. Planning things and having them seem more real can be a great motivator. Good luck! 😉
      I don't know how to help you on the teacher thing, all I can say is I'm sorry. Feel better soon, and I hope this helped! <3

• January 10, 2019 at 2:47 pm

Yes, I do use tea tree oil, but my mom doesn’t let me use charcoal, for some reason, but I could try to convince her to let me use it.

Thanks for all the advice though! 🙂

6. 🌸A Pastel 2019🌸
    January 8, 2019 at 2:06 pm

A few days ago I got new neighbors. I thought everything was going to go well because one of them is a girl who is a year younger than me. Little did I know that her brother was in 5th grade with me. I was so mad because he was an absolute jerk!! I also hated elementary school and ever since I transferred schools I’ve been trying to forget everything. I cried a lot yesterday and I also told my mom about how I feel. Also today is my first day back in school. Oh I forgot to say this but my sister is good friends with his sister.

And that’s the tea.

7. Coldice
    January 9, 2019 at 2:06 am

It’s been a long time but I need some help and I don’t know what to do.

Currently I’m part of a rp (roleplay) for a year or two and I have a character that has a extremely complicated and convoluted backstory and plots and many of fellow roleplayers want my character dead because everything about him is such a mess. I tried fixing the issues that needed to be addressed, I tried making things clearer, I tried following the rules the best I can and I’ve tried making a story regarding my character’s past and my story writing and storytelling sucks, even my roleplaying is bad enough and I don’t know how to fix it all without killing my character and it discourages me to keep roleplaying so I’m trying to find a good solution. So is there anything I can do to make things better? :/

I let my heart speak loud.

• January 9, 2019 at 7:57 pm

Ummm I’m not really sure what the whole situation is, but as an outside view, I’d say that if this character is causing you so much stress it’s putting you off roleplaying I would kill him.

The thing is with Roleplay characters is sometime they don’t work out. One of my characters Streamshine is much harder to draw and Roleplay then I would have liked and it’s has become quite hard to conect with her but I really get where you are coming from at being attached

The thing is, if you kill your cat it doesn’t have to be meaningless or bland. I feel you create a good plot around the death it can be just as exciting aa roleplaying………
      It sounds like this character is causing you so much stress so I would kill them, but just remember, just because they are dead doesn’t mean you have to stop enjoying that character, maybe draw them, or write stories instead. Maybe that character is just more suited to stories.
      Sorry this is bad advice, hopefully you can work something out.

Somewhere that’s Green

8. January 10, 2019 at 2:36 pm

So things with my sleeping have gotten worse. I got a new alarm clock and IT DIDN’T WORK EITHER. I ended up missing another day. As you can tell, my mom is not happy about this. She said that she’s fed up with me “not listening” and that the police are going to come today. My mom went out and talked to the bus driver. She just came back in saying that in the “10 minutes” that she was talking to them (OBVIOUSLY NOT TEN MINUTES; LESS THAN TEN MINUTES) I should’ve gotten up and got on the bus. Yeah, just magically get dressed, eat, and do my hair in less than 10 minutes. That’s what she wanted, and I “didn’t listen” to her again. She just said that she’s calling an officer herself; she knows my dad has already shown me that video/article about the kid my age getting arrested for missing school. I don’t want to live with my family any more. No one ever tries to help me out and just shifts the blame onto me half the time. I’m sick of it. She’s forcing me to clean up all day because of it. My mom has already threatened to call my dad if I don’t do anything she likes. I want to die, and no one irl will care.

uSE thY lIMBs tO uNMotIOn

• Birchfoot
      January 10, 2019 at 11:34 pm

I’m so sorry to hear you’re going through this. You need to go talk with a counselor or therapist, or someone who can give you professional help because everything you’re describing is really, really serious. A therapist can help you figure out how to deal with the sleeping thing and can help you stop feeling depressed, so please if you can, go see a therapist or counselor (if you’re not already)

And I promise that people do care about you, okay? I’m sorry your family isn’t considering how you’re feeling or what you’re going through at all, but I promise that there are people who care about you.

9. Maplepaw (Mapledrift)
    January 10, 2019 at 6:23 pm

This is going to sound really really strange, but I’m kind of scared about something

So for those who don’t know, I live in England, and for those who are unaware of the situation here, Brexit is happening….. basically we’re leaving the EU and I am super scared

The thing is, everyone is saying that the deal is terrible the Uk will looose loads of money and it will suck. Then they say that if the deal doesn’t get sorted we could leave without a deal, and it would destroy the economy. I’m actually really scared about it, I know it shouldn’t be but the thing is this could affect the rest of my life.
    I hate changes and this really scares me, like what will happen ? The EU was created to prevent world wars and stuff………

I’m sorry for kind of ranting this just has been on my mind and I just want it all over with.

On top of that, today in class, we were shown a video talking about how our generation are like “snowflakes”
    It didn’t reflect the wide opinions of the school, and was just shown for discussion.
    It was a Fox News video (yes I’m in the uk and being shown this, I never want to witness Fox News ever again in my life) about the topic, and this dude who I don’t even know his name but now he’s my least favourite person in existence. So basically he was talking about how it was bad that now everyone was being told they could choose there gender, race and all that.
    As a person who knows some of you online are trans and non binary I immediately groaned and basically face palmed. So no surprise the teacher asked me my view, and a bit embarrassed to admit that the reason I was so defensive was because of online friends (realising I would be launched into an internet safety debate) I just said “yeah everything about it just makes me feel horrrible”
    And then this boy was like “oh I sort of agree with what’s being said.”
    Basically this discussions started and I’ll just pick up a few things I heard
    “Gender is not a stupid spectrum”
    “There’s only boys and girls. Nothing else”
    “Girls have a *insert girl parts here* and boys have a *insert boy parts here* why is that so hard”
    And I’m not even trans or non binary but it just made me feel so uncomfortable. I love how accepting my school usually is, and these people are usually super nice, annoying and strange, but really nice. I wanted to explain to them that I knew people online who felt so much more comfortable being a boy, or being neither gender but I just didn’t have the guts.
    It’s made me feel down all day, like I feel so bad for not saying anything.

Another thing, whenever I think about growing up and leaving school I feel physically sick and like I want to cry. I’m so so so so scared to leave school, to grow up and find a job, I just don’t want it. To be honest I’m beginning to worry it will spiral into suicidal thoughts, because if there was simply a button that made me poof out of existence I would be very tempted to press it, some days more then others. And before you ask, I was getting help.
    A school therapist was seeing me, but the last time I saw her was over two months ago, another girl I know has seen her so many other times.
    So maybe I didn’t really tell her all my deep problems to begin with, but after my October holidays I was incredibly upset, stressed and feeling like I was a burden (I’m feeling a bit better now)
    And I was waiting to see my therapist, knowing that this was the time I would let it all out. Sadly, the time before the holidays was the last time I ever saw her, and even though my friend saw her after that point, she never asked to see me. I had to plough through one of my hardest points in my life alone, waiting and waiting every Friday hoping that this week I would be one of the names on her list of to see. But I haven’t seen her since before my October holidays.
    So I had to sort out all my problems myself, I cried at home so many times, talked stuff through with friends, and somehow I’m doing ok today. But to this day, I feel like my problems don’t matter, I feel really insignificant. Like I have stopped talking to this other teacher about my problems because they obviously aren’t bad enough for the therapist to think that she needs to see me, so why should I bother other people.
    I just feel so beaten down, I’m definitely closing in on myself again, where I was making progress I’ve gone backwards. I’m keeping it all a secret from my parents that I’m seeing this therapist, and I was debating telling them about my problems, but why should I tell them if they’ve been so negative about my panic attacks, and if my problems aren’t even bad enough to warrent a therapist in the first place

That’s all I think…. yeah it’s just some stuff that’s been on my mind

10. Spottedpaw/stream
    January 10, 2019 at 6:46 pm

Last year I was in my last year of elementary school, so I applied for two middle schools. To make it easier, I’ll call one the Owl School and one the Deer School. I really wanted to get into the Owl School, but I didn’t get in. I got into the Deer School, which is where I am now, but I don’t like it as much. So I’m reapplying to the Owl School for eighth grade, so I have to ask my English and math teachers for some sort of recommendation thingy, which is hard because I have to tell them I’m applying to leave the Deer School after one year. I feel bad…
    Also, I have to do an interview, which I can’t really do. I can’t talk to a stranger about why I want to get into the Owl School, and that’s why I didn’t get accepted in sixth grade, because of my interview. I’m really worried, because I don’t know how to tell my teachers I’m applying to another school after one year. I really want to go there, but I’m worried I won’t be accepted, again.

Follow the mystery trail