23,943 Replies to “The Hug Page”

1. January 10, 2019 at 9:26 pm

Problemo! Please help! I have foster kids in my house and my parents are foster parents, as you see. They are brats and them two, there are two and there baby sister cries non-stop. My only peace is them on visits with their family or school. I try everything, but it never works! Does anyone have experience, if any BlogClanner you know has experience if not you, please contact them. I can’t take it anymore!

Spotsy is coffee-ready!

• January 11, 2019 at 2:16 am

Oof. Maybe you can talk to your parents about it. Or, you could find a pacifier or binky for the baby sister. I’m terrible at giving advice for things like this rip 😛

• Wolfpelt/paw (Wolfie)
      January 11, 2019 at 3:39 pm

I’m so sorry Spottedpaw. I don’t have any advice, sadly. Huggles

Oof....

• January 12, 2019 at 6:26 am

Put yourself in their shoes, and think about how it must feel to go through what they are going through. It’s hard to be in foster care, (I had a friend who was in it) and, well yeah. Try and have a little patience with them. Also about the baby sister, that’s just babies I’m afraid ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ remember to be patient and show conpassion, good luck <3

Rainie4SW

• Rainshine 🌸 Rainie
      January 15, 2019 at 1:26 am

I really only have mild experience with babies… The baby could be hungry, thirsty, uncomfortable (heat, cold, uncomfortable clothing/shoes ((always check inside socks))), something didn’t go their way, or sleepy. My sister (when she was one) cried every night over the summer because it was too hot for her. Good luck!!

Fro4SW!

• Embermoon (Emby)
      January 15, 2019 at 2:10 am

Huggles!

• Icy Wants a Tissue for Christmas
      January 15, 2019 at 3:11 am

How old is the baby? If she’s been crying for three or more hours a day, for more than three days a week, for over three weeks, she could have colic. Which, unfortunately, there really isn’t a treatment for. It is unknown what causes colic, hence no treatments. Babies typically outgrow colic by 6 months, in some cases it can be up to a year. However, it could just be a phase. Babies also cry because they’re hungry, in pain, tired, uncomfortable, etc. They can cry if scared, or if they’re craving attention, depending on their age.

I hope things improve soon! It might drive you nuts, I know, but babies are pretty dang amazing when they’re not crying. Hopefully she’ll stop soon and you’ll get to see that. 🙂

ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴛᴜᴅᴏʀ ʀᴏꜱᴇ ʜᴀꜱ ᴛʜᴏʀɴꜱ 🌹

2. January 11, 2019 at 1:05 am

Aw 🙁 All you sad people I have no idea how to give advice to 🙁 So sad
    Have some 🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍩🍩🍩🍩🍩🍩🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍧🍧🍧🍧🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍫🍫🍫🍫🍬🍬🍬🍬🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍡🍡🍡🍡🍡🥧🥧🥧🥧🥧🍮🍮🍰🍰🍰🍰🎂🎂🎂🎂🍢🍢
    😛

I procrastinate too much

3. Ravenmist logged out
    January 11, 2019 at 4:04 am

My parents get really mad whenever I’m on the screen, even if it’s for homework. My mom gets super suspicious and nagging, and my dad talks to me in his “you’re so annoying” voice. This has gotten to the point where I’m scared to tell them about homework on the computer because they’ll think it’s an excuse and get mad. I really want more screen time but when I try to negotiate it ends in them yelling at me, and me feeling depressed and hating myself. Any tips on how to feel better or do my homework?

• Wishpaw
      January 11, 2019 at 3:38 pm

An idea is to try to earn some trust. Always use your computer around them so that they can monitor you. (did you see the pun?)

4. January 11, 2019 at 3:39 pm

Try to tell them how you feel! It will work out, StarClan and God are working out your life! 🙂

Spotsy is coffee-ready!

• Emberblaze
      January 12, 2019 at 7:39 am

🙂

Well Done ~The Afters

5. January 11, 2019 at 3:40 pm

I meant that to Ravenmist if I didn’t push the reply button.

Spotsy is coffee-ready!

6. January 11, 2019 at 6:42 pm

So, I identify as female… but I’m think I might be a guy…
    I feel uncomfortable being referred to with female pronouns, and honestly just feel more like a male (I know it may sound dumb to say I feel like a gender but there’s no other way to describe it). If I do end up being trans, it’ll be a huge part of my identity changed and I don’t want that… and I’m not even sure how my family will react to it. My mum and sister are generally accepting but I’m not sure how my dad feels about the LGBT community, or how most of my family feels about it.

But I’ve only been feeling like this recently so maybe I just need time to figure myself out….

Peepee

• Hazelsong
      January 11, 2019 at 10:05 pm

I know how you feel. I’m trans myself, and I prefer using the he/him pronouns (I never felt like a girl tbh). I just recently came out to my friends (okay but it was by complete accident) and I get how you feel (I have no advice on this part). You should probably just wait to figure yourself out and see what happens. In my case, I just used the label of genderfluid until I figured more about myself. I have no real advice, but I would just say to figure out how you’re feeling and take it slow.

• Cheetahspark
      January 11, 2019 at 11:18 pm

whatever you decide, we’ll be beside you and support you <3

Spidey4SW

• rainbow-colored kinkmas tree
      January 11, 2019 at 11:33 pm

i’ve talked to several people that feel the same way as you and that say they just need more time to figure it out- they all ended up being trans. so i hate to break it to you, but yeah… you’re probably trans. i’m cis or something idk so i don’t know what a trans guy’s experience is like and i don’t really have any say on trans issues or anything but drawing on others’ experiences, you’re most likely trans. if you choose to identify as such life’s going to be harder, i won’t lie.
      while you’re questioning, try referring to yourself in 3rd person with male pronouns instead. (for example, if you went to the store you could think to yourself “he went to the store” or something along those lines. it could help calm dysphoria and help with your questioning.) you could also try cutting your hair short (tell your parents it’s “in”) or try to get some more androgynous or masculine clothes, which hopefully your family won’t question. (i dress pretty masculine and hate makeup and dresses with my whole heart but everyone knows i’m cis.)

from one lgbt human to another, i hope it works out <3

it’s gay time in this chilis

• January 12, 2019 at 3:19 am

It’s totally fine to feel that way, both if it’s a permanent or temporary change. You could casually ask your dad a few questions to test the waters. as long as you’re happy being yourself, that’s what matters. And we’ll always accept you, whether you’re trans, cis, or something else! 🙂

It’s also okay to never really know what you are, as long as you’re comfortable. Not everyone fits labels.

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

• January 12, 2019 at 6:33 am

Take all the time you need, and think it through. whether you’re trans or not, if your family really loves you, they’ll support you no matter what. if you do end up being trans, maybe break the news to your family gradually over time (or you can just tell them, that works too!) I know this wasn’t the most helpful advice, but I just wanted to let you know that we’re here for you <3

Rainie4SW

• January 12, 2019 at 5:26 pm

Thank you all for the support and advice!

Peepee

• Rainshine 🌸 Rainie
      January 16, 2019 at 1:18 am

I don’t have experience here, but we’ll be here to support you!! (should I call you father instead of mother then?)

Fro4SW!

7. 🌑🌙✨Lunaheart!🌑🌙✨
    January 12, 2019 at 5:30 am

I’m sorry world, that I want to win the state cup so I have to break my ankle.

*insert something sarcastic*

8. 🌑🌙✨Lunaheart!🌑🌙✨
    January 12, 2019 at 5:43 am

VIRTUAL COOKIES FOR ALL!!!!!!!!🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪
    VIRTUAL CANDY FOR ALL!!!!!!!!🌰🌰🌰🌰🌰🌰🌰🌰🌰🌰🌰🍬🍬🍬🍬🍬🍬🍬🍬🍬🍬🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍮🍮🍮🍮🍮🍮
    VIRTUAL ICE CREAM FOR ALL!!!!!!!🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍧🍧🍧🍧🍧🍧🍰🍰🍰🍰
    VIRTUAL CHOCOLATE FOR ALL!!!!!!! 🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫
    A SNOW DAY!!!!!!!!! 🌨🌨🌨🌨🌨🌨🌨🌨🌨❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️☃️⛄️☃️⛄️☃️⛄️☃️⛄️☃️⛄️🌨🌨🌨❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️🌫🌫🌫
    VIRTUAL CUPCAKES FOR ALL!!!!!!!!! 🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁
    VIRTUAL CAKE AND PIE FOR ALL!!!!!!!!! 🥧🥧🥧🥧🥧🥧🥧🥧🥮🥮🥮🥮🥮🥮🥮🥮🥮🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰
    I’m stuffed, aren’t you? Anyway, I’ve got a poem for y’all.
    REMEMBER THAT WERE THERE FOR YOU
    When the world seems dark, the light seems small,there’s no happiness at all,
    remember that we’re there for you, no need to be feeling blue,
    the night is darkest just before dawn, just remember you’re not wrong.
    Find the good before its gone too, remember that we’re there for you.
    Have a nice day! Lunaheart.

*insert something sarcastic*

9. Maplepaw (Mapledrift)
    January 12, 2019 at 8:02 am

This is going to sound really really strange, but I’m kind of scared about something

So for those who don’t know, I live in England, and for those who are unaware of the situation here, Brexit is happening….. basically we’re leaving the EU and I am super scared

The thing is, everyone is saying that the deal is terrible the Uk will looose loads of money and it will suck. Then they say that if the deal doesn’t get sorted we could leave without a deal, and it would destroy the economy. I’m actually really scared about it, I know it shouldn’t be but the thing is this could affect the rest of my life.
    I hate changes and this really scares me, like what will happen ? The EU was created to prevent world wars and stuff………

I’m sorry for kind of ranting this just has been on my mind and I just want it all over with.

On top of that, today in class, we were shown a video talking about how our generation are like “snowflakes”
    It didn’t reflect the wide opinions of the school, and was just shown for discussion.
    It was a Fox News video (yes I’m in the uk and being shown this, I never want to witness Fox News ever again in my life) about the topic, and this dude who I don’t even know his name but now he’s my least favourite person in existence. So basically he was talking about how it was bad that now everyone was being told they could choose there gender, race and all that.
    As a person who knows some of you online are trans and non binary I immediately groaned and basically face palmed. So no surprise the teacher asked me my view, and a bit embarrassed to admit that the reason I was so defensive was because of online friends (realising I would be launched into an internet safety debate) I just said “yeah everything about it just makes me feel horrrible”
    And then this boy was like “oh I sort of agree with what’s being said.”
    Basically this discussions started and I’ll just pick up a few things I heard
    “Gender is not a stupid spectrum”
    “There’s only boys and girls. Nothing else”
    “Girls have a *insert girl parts here* and boys have a *insert boy parts here* why is that so hard”
    And I’m not even trans or non binary but it just made me feel so uncomfortable. I love how accepting my school usually is, and these people are usually super nice, annoying and strange, but really nice. I wanted to explain to them that I knew people online who felt so much more comfortable being a boy, or being neither gender but I just didn’t have the guts.
    It’s made me feel down all day, like I feel so bad for not saying anything.

Another thing, whenever I think about growing up and leaving school I feel physically sick and like I want to cry. I’m so so so so scared to leave school, to grow up and find a job, I just don’t want it. To be honest I’m beginning to worry it will spiral into suicidal thoughts, because if there was simply a button that made me poof out of existence I would be very tempted to press it, some days more then others. And before you ask, I was getting help.
    A school therapist was seeing me, but the last time I saw her was over two months ago, another girl I know has seen her so many other times.
    So maybe I didn’t really tell her all my deep problems to begin with, but after my October holidays I was incredibly upset, stressed and feeling like I was a burden (I’m feeling a bit better now)
    And I was waiting to see my therapist, knowing that this was the time I would let it all out. Sadly, the time before the holidays was the last time I ever saw her, and even though my friend saw her after that point, she never asked to see me. I had to plough through one of my hardest points in my life alone, waiting and waiting every Friday hoping that this week I would be one of the names on her list of to see. But I haven’t seen her since before my October holidays.
    So I had to sort out all my problems myself, I cried at home so many times, talked stuff through with friends, and somehow I’m doing ok today. But to this day, I feel like my problems don’t matter, I feel really insignificant. Like I have stopped talking to this other teacher about my problems because they obviously aren’t bad enough for the therapist to think that she needs to see me, so why should I bother other people.
    I just feel so beaten down, I’m definitely closing in on myself again, where I was making progress I’ve gone backwards. I’m keeping it all a secret from my parents that I’m seeing this therapist, and I was debating telling them about my problems, but why should I tell them if they’ve been so negative about my panic attacks, and if my problems aren’t even bad enough to warrent a therapist in the first place

On top of that, I think school is bringing back my anxiety / depression / I have no idea what it is. But basically every night I stay up panicking that I have cancer, and I’m scared of life in case I get ill and am in pain. It’s horrible, everyday I think about it, it makes me want to not talk to anyone but friends. So over the weekend, I always nag my friends to see if they can meet up with me, because I don’t want to face a whole weekend with my parents. I’m not sure why. But also, I’m usually someone who gets up super early, but I just don’t want to get out of bed because I’m scared what might happen.
    I stress way to much. For example, my finger is hurting now, and I’m stressing it’s an ingrowing nail,even though I’m pretty sure it’s just I have like a little painful but right next to my nail because I caught it on something yesterday and it was bleeeding, but yeah that’s an example of how much I stress, and this is about every little thing. Like sending a funny / weird message to friends, and all sorts.

That’s all I think…. yeah it’s just some stuff that’s been on my mind

• Christmas Cakestar
      January 12, 2019 at 8:44 am

That is a brilliant description of what it is to be a young person today. My heart goes out to you. I promise, you are not alone. I’m sure replies to this comment will show that. Thank you for sharing how you feel.

BlogTeam Administrator, Leader

• January 12, 2019 at 10:58 am

I’m so sorry Maple, I was/still am scared about Brexit too.

For the other stuff, I worry about some of these other things too.

As Kate says, you are never alone ❤️

Tina is best Scamander.

• January 14, 2019 at 2:33 am

1) I don’t live in the EU, so I don’t know anything about Brexit. But a lot of the rumors you heard are probably just rumors. I suggest doing your own research. Don’t automatically believe what everyone else says.

2) God, that’s horrible. I’m so sorry you had to deal with that. I’m not trans or nb either, but I would feel the same way if I had to deal with that. Gender is a spectrum, as illustrated by the many lovely trans/nb people living their lives every day.

3) I feel the same way! It’s super scary. Unfortunately there’s nothing we can do but try and enjoy our childhoods, and grow our skillsets and interests so we’ll be ready for the job market when the time comes. Besides, after secondary school you still have university and graduate school, and there’s other types of schooling for certain careers.

4) Could you find a therapist outside of school that you can go to on a regular schedule? Or ask to see her? You shouldn’t have to go through this alone. You can always talk to us. <3 I'm so sorry that you had to be alone. Next time you see the therapist, ask if you can see her on your own accord when you feel that way. You should also tell her how you felt on those Fridays when you weren't on her list, so she knows to make you more of a priority.

5) Omg that happens to me too! One thing that helps me is going to see a doctor and just making sure I'm healthy. My grandpa always said to go with the statistics, and it's very unlikely that something bad will happen, especially since you're young and it's easier to be healthy when you're young. I try to work out every day because I know it'll make me healthier and tire me out so I'll fall asleep easier. I also listen to meditation podcasts. They give me a nice background noise and something to focus on. They don't always do the trick, but they're helpful.

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

• January 14, 2019 at 8:05 am

Awww thank you so much Wavey, the thing with the therapist is I’m seeing a therapist in secret in school so it wouldn’t really work seeing one out of school as my parents don’t know
        I’ll definitely come and talk to you guys on BlogClan if I need anything

Somewhere that’s Green

• Rainshine 🌸 Rainie
      January 16, 2019 at 1:57 am

Hugs ❤️ I don’t know much about the EU and Brexit, but I’m pretty sure it shouldn’t be bad enough to cause a world war.
      To be honest, I was kind of surprised at the concept of more than one gender, but definitely not anymore. I think it has to do with what was conditioned into our way of thinking. Like I’ve heard, our first thoughts about something are what we’ve been conditioned to think. It’s when we think twice is when we are actually thinking. And since one boy said it, it encouraged everyone else to believe the same – especially if they’re young, have just been introduced to the subject, and if it someone they knew.
      And you did say something, at the beginning. You said how you felt about it, and that’s good enough. You can’t possibly change all of their minds.

I used to have the same problem with feeling horrible after thinking about the future. I’m pretty sure it’s anxiety. I’m not exactly sure how I stopped thinking those thoughts, but I found a goal (the one I’ve always been told as a Chinese girl – become a doctor) as my plan, or back-up plan, and just go where school takes me. I have teachers at my high school who know exactly what they’re doing, who can help with my career. Finding someone who knew what was going on really helped.
      I’ve thought about that button too, many times. I just tried to find ways to stop thinking about over time, like listening to music, drawing and painting, playing soccer, or just working on my homework to take my mind off of what was causing me anxiety. Also, I don’t have a perfect memory (i remember 140 digits of pi and a useless phone number, but that’s it, I forgot my best friend’s bday) and I probably just forgot about it if I didn’t think about it for a couple of weeks. It can be hard to stop thinking about what’s making you upset (uncomfortable or whatever the feeling is) especially at night, tho. Sometimes, I just thought about a past trauma, which was sad, but didn’t give me the anxiety feeling at least, or suicidal thoughts.

Is there a way to maybe contact the therapist to squeeze a session in? If it really can’t be done, maybe find a friend to confide in – you have everyone on blogclan too, if you’re comfortable with it. And hanging with friends to take stuff off of your mind (and sometimes to get away from stress at home) is good. Socializing is good for the human brain.

Lastly, I had those thoughts too. I was just really afraid I was going to die, yet at the same time I wanted to stop existing (in hindsight idrk how I managed to keep it all a secret). But I kinda went from “what if I die” to the stereotypical gen z “nothing in life matters so all that matters is what makes me feel good” and busied myself (with schoolwork, a piano exam, soccer, the blog (the tests were a big help), etc.) Idk if any of this will help, but that’s what helped me so I hope it helps you too.

Millions of hugs ❤️❤️💕

Fro4SW!

10. January 13, 2019 at 11:29 pm

I always have so much weekend homework. Then my mom keeps rushing me, and then she has to give me Chinese homeschooling, which I hate and I’m so stressed and every time I have a panic attack my parents yell at me and call me names like idiot and psycho. I need to talk about my feelings according to my wellness teacher but talking about feelings or having depression/anxiety like i think i do (therapists are out of the question in my family) or even feeling down is not allowed in my culture so I can’t. please help i’m really sad and depressed and i hate myself but i can’t talk about it or i’ll be called weak like i already am because i get panic attacks this is really personal pls help and give advice other than “talk to your parents” because I can’t.

I need sirius help

• Birchfoot
      January 14, 2019 at 1:35 am

I’m sorry you’re so stressed

If you’re feeling really anxious you could try and find some breathing exercises to help calm you down a little? I’m sure you could find some exercises online to help regulate your breathing if you tend to hyperventilate when you’re stressed and panicked <3

Is there anything else you can do that can help calm you down if you're feeling really really anxious or sad? Like writing in a journal, or drawing, listening to or playing music, etc?

I'm sorry you're feeling so anxious and depressed, and that you can't talk with your parents or a therapist about it. But do you think you could talk to a friend or this wellness teacher you mentioned? You don't have to talk to your parents about how you're feeling at all if you don't feel safe doing so, but maybe having someone else you could go to for advice might also be really helpful in reducing your stress and can help support you when you most need it. You can't bottle up how you're feeling forever, because it's not healthy and won't make you feel better, and I'm really sorry you're feeling like you can't talk with your parents about all of this, but if there's anyone at all you do feel somewhat ok talking to, I would recommend it <3

And I promise that asking for help and feeling upset do not make you weak at all, though, okay? Everyone has points in their life when they have problems that they can't deal with on their own and need to ask for help and that's okay. It doesn't make them weak at all <3

For homework, though, if you're feeling super overwhelmed by the amount of work you're getting, you can try talking to your teachers about it? Maybe explain that you've been working hard but might need an extension on this assignment or homework. In my experience, most teachers will completely understand that sometimes you just can't get that project finished on time for whatever reason, but they do need to know if you can't finish it before the due date^^ so talking to your teachers is really important

I hope you feel better

• Mintstorm
      January 14, 2019 at 2:18 am

Hey Ravenmist, first of all, I’m really sorry for what’s happening to you. Do you know people who are in the same situation as you (from school, from your family) ? Maybe sharing experience with these people might help a bit. Then you should definitely see a Therapist even if it’s against your culture. I don’t know where you live, but in my country you don’t have to tell your parents that you’re seeing a therapist (and in some places you can go for free). And then if you can’t, there must be specialized hotlines/phone numbers. You should also try to make an appointment with a doctor…They could describe your panic attack “physically” and insist on the physical symptoms (like exhaustion) rather than on the emotional impact it has on you. I don’t know if it’s clear, but I think it would be more understandable for your parents.
      Then you are all but weak. Having panic attacks or psychological problem don’t make you weak. It takes a lot of courage to acknowledge that you have depression and that you need help. You’re strong, don’t let the abusive words of others impact you. They’re trying to make you think you’re the problem (maybe because they really don’t know how to face this, even if it doesn’t justify their behavior), but you’re not and you should always remember that.

• January 14, 2019 at 2:34 am

Could you see a school therapist? And it’s 100% not okay for your parents to talk to you like that. Please, tell someone. Try to do all your homework in class or with friends so it’s easier.

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

• Squirrelpaw
        January 17, 2019 at 1:43 am

If they call you “idiot”, that is emotional abuse.

I vote Alderheart

• Wishpaw(whisper)
      January 15, 2019 at 1:41 pm

You don’t need to talk to them, you have us! c: