The Hug Page

The Hug Page is here. Because, whoever we are, we still need hugs. This is still the best place to come if you’re feeling sad and need a hug from BlogClan…

Fading Echoes

(Sh! This is a new Hug Page. You can find the old one here)

If you feel unsafe in your situation, please call one of the following hotlines or talk to an adult that you trust:

Sexual assault US: 1-800-656-4673
National runaway hotlines US: 1-800-786-2929 (call), Text 66008 (text)
Child abuse hotline US: 1-800-422-4453 (call), Text 1-800-422-4453 (text)
National alliance on mental illness US: 1-800-950-6264
BullyingCanada: (877) 352-4497 (call or text), Support@BullyingCanada.ca (email)
Trevor project (LGBTQ+): 1-866-488-7386 (call), Text START to 678678 (text)
Trans lifeline US: 1-877-565-8860
Trans lifeline Canada: 1-877-330-6366
Kids Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868 (call), Text CONNECT to 686868 (text), click for live chat
Crisis Text Line US: Text HOME to 741741
Crisis Text Line Canada: Text HOME to 686868
Crisis Text Line UK: Text SHOUT to 85258 Childline UK: 0800 1111
Anxiety UK Infoline (Telephone): 03444 775 774
Anxiety UK Infoline (Text): 07537 416 905 Childline UK: 0800 1111
Anxiety UK Infoline (Telephone): 03444 775 774
Anxiety UK Infoline (Text): 07537 416 905 Samaritans UK Helpline: 116 123
Samaritans UK Charity Email: jo@samaritans.org No Panic UK (Charity that offers support for panic attacks and OCD): 0844 967 4848 Beat UK (For eating disorders): 0808 801 0677 (adults) or 0808 801 0711 (for under-18s)

International suicide hotlines
United Kingdom: 08457909090
USA: 18002738255
Youth suicide prevention Australia: 08 93 88 2500
Canada: 5147234000 (Montreal); 18662773553 (outside Montreal)
PAPYRUS (Young Suicide Prevention Society) HOPELINE UK: 0800 068 4141 (Phone)

If you know other hotlines that provide support that are not on this list, feel free to contact a BlogTeam member to add it to this list.

A note from BlogTeam: When offering comfort or advice to BlogClanners, please be advised to steer clear of religious-based consolation.  While you may have the best intentions, the best advice is one that the reader can most readily relate to.  Remember, not everyone believes or should rightfully believe in the same tradition that you do.

32,987 Replies to “The Hug Page”

1. October 6, 2019 at 2:13 pm

Having a bad day? Here’s a whole 10 minutes of cuteness 😛

SrizelFTW

2. Shadefrost
    October 6, 2019 at 3:59 pm

Stay awesome everyone, you’re all beautiful, and I couldn’t wish for a better community to be part of <3

Be strong, and don't let others knock you down, be the leader you are, and always be yourself, and don't be afraid to show yourself to the world

"“Why fit in when you were born to stand out?" -Dr. Seuss

ily all so much <3 <3

C:

3. Pastelpaw🌸Pasty
    October 6, 2019 at 11:59 pm

So as some of y’all might know I switched schools so I could go to a better school a few years ago which was a great decision! My friends Shinepaw and Gingerpaw used to go there too and also switched with me. In 4th and 5th grade we were friends with this girl named Applekit/paw who still goes to my old school. Applekit was a really toxic friend and when I left I cut her out of my life for 2 years which was also a great decision. This summer we all went to an art camp together which was really fun. Applepaw matured a lot over those 2 years. She’s a lot nicer now. She’s still not my favorite person to be around though. My friend group went to a football game with her but I didn’t go because I had other plans. Now they all love her and talk about her all the time. It’s not interesting in my opinion because I wasn’t there and the stuff we talk about isn’t interesting anymore.

Welcome to the losers club

• Spooky Scary Blossom sends shivers down your spine
      October 7, 2019 at 12:35 am

I’m sorry 🙁

MeOw KeRcHoW

• October 7, 2019 at 2:01 pm

<333333333333 *HUGS* <3333333333333

SrizelFTW

• Snowbreeze
      October 7, 2019 at 2:44 pm

I don’t have any advice, sorry, but I hope everything will turna out alright 🙁 *Huggles* <3

4. Emberblaze (Emb)
    October 7, 2019 at 5:13 am

It’s been a while since I did quotes, anyone remembers? But, here have one- “Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.” -Mother Teresa

Scars~I AM THEY

5. October 7, 2019 at 6:06 am

I just wish that people would stop invalidating my gender identity just because it isn’t male or female

Like bro I experience gender dysphoria just like any other transgender person, I’d appreciate it if you would treat me like a normal human being once and not refer to me as ‘it’, thanks

Daffiolet tho

• Icepaw is ready for Halloween, Inktober, and my birthday
      October 7, 2019 at 12:15 pm

Ugh, that sounds really irritating, having people call you “it.” You’re an actual human, not an object. People should be respectful of your pronouns Ivyne. *Hugs*

How do you make good siggies

• October 7, 2019 at 1:58 pm

Oh gosh 🙁 I’m so sorry people are doing that, that’s an awful thing to do :CC <333 *HUGSSS* Ivyne!! 🙁

SrizelFTW

• Snowbreeze
      October 7, 2019 at 2:46 pm

Yeah, it’s unfair of people to do that – you’re a person, not a thing. I wish people could be respectful. *Hugs* <3

• October 7, 2019 at 10:38 pm

That sucks *hugs* I’m sorry 🙁

Join the Lumen Trials Roleplay

• October 8, 2019 at 2:34 am

Being non-binary is completely valid, what is invalid is invalidating your gender identity >:|

*hugs* <3

Even if other people aren't treating you right, that reflects them, not you. <3333333

I cannot stop twinkling!

6. October 7, 2019 at 1:06 pm

When your friends treat you like a little kid when you are in fact older then most of them . That is my life right now

7. juni
    October 8, 2019 at 1:21 am

confession. people posting abt inktober is literally a daily reminder that i was/still am insecure abt my old art

• juni
      October 8, 2019 at 1:32 am

take that back i’m absolutely tired abt hearing abt art in general.

• October 8, 2019 at 2:36 am

When I post stuff for Inktober, sometimes I see other people’s art and get jealous. But you’ve probably improved so much since you’ve started drawing! Remember to judge yourself not compared to other people, but compared to how much you’ve improved. But if you’d rather just avoid thinking/talking about art at all, that’s ok too. *hugs* <3

I cannot stop twinkling!

• October 8, 2019 at 2:50 pm

Quote for dance but:

“I don’t try to dance better than anyone else. I only try to dance better than myself.” Mikhail Baryshnikov

Don’t let others make you feel bad about yourself. Look at your old art and say “I can do better than that” and just start drawing.

#ThankYouWoojin

• Icepaw is ready for Halloween, Inktober, and my birthday
      October 8, 2019 at 1:43 am

Oh my god, I’m sorry! I didn’t realize that Inktober and other art things made you insecure about your art! I don’t think my name is helping much either. I’ll stop posting stuff about it if you’re uncomfortable 🙁 *Hugs*

How do you make good siggies

8. Icepaw is ready for Halloween, Inktober, and my birthday
    October 8, 2019 at 1:54 am

Today’s a Monday, so whoop de doo, way too much work all day.
    Today I actually did mention it to some people. The teachers were understanding and gave me sympathy, which was enough for me, but when I mentioned it at volleyball, they just said how late they were getting home. Like, I get that I’m not the only one, but can you at least accept the fact that I feel like I don’t have enough time to do stuff? Please?
    The coach just said how she has a game at 8 and she’s not getting home until 10. Yeah that sucks, but please stop making it so that I feel like getting home at 7;30 with homework to do isn’t so bad.
    Nickpaw(Nick as in an ear nick), who I already don’t like that much since she’s a bit of a know-it-all, told me that she got home late on Tuesdays. But instead of giving me sympathy, or empathy, she just says it like it’s not a big deal for me. I get that she may not think it’s a big deal, but to me it is!
    And I have two things due tomorrow that I got today, and one is taking a stupidly long amount of time

How do you make good siggies

• October 8, 2019 at 3:07 am

Different people work at different paces, so if getting home late is a big deal to you, it isn’t fair for others to invalidate that. I’m sorry about your assignments, do you have work periods/study halls, or could you get started before school or at lunch? *hugs* <3

I cannot stop twinkling!

• Icepaw is ready for Halloween, Inktober, and my birthday
        October 8, 2019 at 4:31 am

I got the homework that took a long time after lunch, second to last period, and I don’t have study hall or anything like that on this day, so unfortunately no 🙁

How do you make good siggies

• Spooky Fally
      October 8, 2019 at 1:33 pm

I’m sorry Ice. ❤️It really isn’t fair that people are trying to invalidate your feelings; different people work at different paces and handle things differently. What works for someone doesn’t necessarily work for someone else. *hugs* ❤️❤️❤️

Just curious, but how long does volleyball season last?

6.022 x 10^23

• Icepaw is ready for Halloween, Inktober, and my birthday
        October 8, 2019 at 9:24 pm

Until the end of fall, so I still have two months of this. And it isn’t really fun anymore 🙁

How do you make good siggies

• October 8, 2019 at 3:55 pm

That’s awful 🙁 Nickpaw doesn’t get to decide how big of a deal it is for you~ it’s not her place to disagree. *Hugs* 🙁 I’m sorry Ice <333

SrizelFTW

• Eagle that soars through the sky🌟Eaglepaw
      October 8, 2019 at 4:56 pm

Oh no!
      I am extremely easily distracted so homework takes forever, especially if it’s science, which I’m terrible at and I hate.

7:30 is quite late tbh, I would have probably snapped at Nickpaw “Well it is for me, ok?”, and stormed off.

Look with your heart

9. October 8, 2019 at 5:10 pm

Now I’m starting to realize that I’m so socially awkward around EVERYONE.

For example (this beginning part is so off topic ik), back when I was in first grade, my friend invited me to this Halloween party at her house, which I don’t remember a whole ton about of course. Then five years later (AKA last year in sixth grade), when I got home from school (and my first day in art class), my mom explained to me that my art teacher was ALSO at that Halloween party, along with his wife and kids, because my friend’s parents were also friends with them. Then many months later (a couple weeks before the last day of school), I sent my art teacher this whole email about the whole Halloween party thing. I couldn’t talk to him about it in person since I had already changed out classes (so I didn’t have art class anymore at that point). Then he responded of course, and now for some reason, whenever I see him anywhere in the halls, I just feel myself freeze up, thinking if he’ll say something to me. Occasionally, we’ll say “hello” or “good morning” to each other in the halls like nothing ever happened, and I just freeze up sometimes. And ever since I sent that email, we haven’t actually had a full-on conversation about it in person, so that just makes everything even more awkward. But that might be impossible since the days are so busy.

And it’s not just my art teacher. It’s all the time. Sometimes, when I raise my hand to answer a question, it’s like my voice just shuts off for a few seconds. And if someone accidentally does something to me or my belongings (for example a lot of people pronounce my last name wrong or confuse my name with someone else’s) and they say sorry, I just kinda freeze up, and it’s super awkward. Or if I’m the one that accidentally does something to someone, I freeze up as well. Sure, I say sorry, but when I say it, it just doesn’t sound right for some reason.

So yeah, I need a bit of help.

• October 8, 2019 at 6:12 pm

Yes, I can relate 🙁 I don’t know what to say around anyone either :\ I’m afraid I sound rude when I speak to people, but it’s not that, I just can’t socialize that well :\ So you’re not alone! *hugssss*

SrizelFTW

• October 8, 2019 at 9:19 pm

I can understand Forest💚
      Even though I’m an extrovert, I tend to be awkward when I’m nervous or anxious. Or just in general!
      One time, when I was saying a comment at my meetings, I ended it with, “but yeah”😂
      Lots of people are nervous and awkward socially. Especially around this age, cause we’re all awkward and trying to figure ourselves out.

But that’s okay!
      If you don’t know what to ask somebody, think of different questions ahead of time. And saying sorry is something that is very embarrassing sometimes, so no one says sorry correctly. At least you said sorry.
      This might sound crazy, but if an event or something is coming up, I run conversations through my head or scenarios and prepare myself for if anything happens.
      ‘If I spill a drink on someone.
      If someone is SO QUIET.

To me, that kind of helps; and maybe that can help you! This is probably the worst advice, but I hope you feel better*huggles*

• Spooky Fally
      October 9, 2019 at 2:16 pm

I’m sorry Forest. ❤️ I think that everyone goes through a time when they’re growing when they feel that way. And that’s okay. ❤️ You are not alone; chances are a lot of other people in your classes are going through the same thing. Like Blossom said, think of some questions and run through some possible scenarios ahead of time. If you feel start feeling worried or anxious or upset, take some deep breaths and slowly count to ten. Feel better dear! *hugs* ❤️❤️❤️

6.022 x 10^23

10. Embermoon/paw (Emby)
    October 8, 2019 at 6:05 pm

I don’t even know. I’m just always so tired and I feel like I’m stupid and can’t do anything right.

idk man

• October 8, 2019 at 6:10 pm

🙁 *hugs* 🙁 You’re not stupid Emby<333333 You definitely can do things right! <3 If people can’t see that, that’s their fault <3 *HUGS* I hope you feel better <3

SrizelFTW

• October 8, 2019 at 6:30 pm

*huggles* try to get some sleep

i am the human owl

• Emberblaze (Emb)
      October 8, 2019 at 10:58 pm

Try and get some sleep. And most definitely, my apprentice, you are not stupid 🙂

Scars~I AM THEY

• Embermoon/paw (Emby)
        October 9, 2019 at 4:42 am

Thank you guys. It’s nice knowing people care about me. ❤️

• October 9, 2019 at 12:42 pm

Emby. you’re not stupid! I’m sure you’re an amazing person!

When you get back home from school, maybe take a nap in bed, or go to bed earlier. It helps!

Infinite huggles for you!

• Spooky Fally
      October 9, 2019 at 2:19 pm

Emby, you are not stupid. ❤️ You are a special, talented and wonderful person. If anyone is telling you otherwise, it makes them look worse, not you. Try to go to bed a little earlier if you can if you’re tired; don’t pull any all-nighters for homework and assignments, because they won’t help and they’ll make you feel worse. I hope you feel better soon! *hugs* ❤️❤️❤️

6.022 x 10^23

11. October 8, 2019 at 6:32 pm

my grades are dropping :'(

i am the human owl

• October 8, 2019 at 9:20 pm

I’m sorry Willow💙*huggies*

• Emberblaze (Emb)
      October 9, 2019 at 1:46 am

I’m sorry, if you need help, I’m always here ( depends what subject it is) 🙂 Don’t worry grades don’t define who you are. Just try your best and that’s all that matters.

Scars~I AM THEY

• Spooky Fally
      October 9, 2019 at 2:23 pm

I’m sorry Willow. ❤️ Please talk to your teachers for help. They’re here for you and they want you to succeed. Ask them for extra help if you don’t understand a topic, ask for extra credit opportunities, and if you fail a test ask to retake it. You can also ask your parents and friends for help, and seeking out assistance from a tutor can really help too. There’s also a lot of great online resources, too. Kahn Academy has a lot of great videos that explain the various subjects really well and they have practice problems, so do check them out if you haven’t already. You can do this, Willow dear. Stay strong! *hugs* ❤️❤️❤️

6.022 x 10^23

12. Eagle that soars through the sky🌟Eaglepaw
    October 8, 2019 at 7:00 pm

Today at lunch we had a food fight with some boys who were sitting on the next table along.
    It started when one of them dropped an Apple, and my friend, let’s call her Shadepaw, threw it to them and it hit one of them on the back.
    So the boy threw it back and it bounced off another friend, let’s call her Bananapaw,
    This annoyed Bananapaw who grabbed a carrot stick and chucked it back at them along with the Apple.
    Of course this became a food fight.
    One of the boys had a banana and he threw it and it landed in front of me so I hurled it back.
    It went back and forth and back and forth until Shadepaw warned “I think it’s going to split.”.
    So we left the banana. But then of course one of the boys picked it up and put it on their table.
    Then a boy who I’m going to call Tigerpaw, picked up the squishy banana and threw it at us.
    It went straight on to Bananapaw and split. All. Over. Her.
    It was on the uniform, face, hair and the walls behind her.

Me Shadepaw and our two other friends just gasped, frozen.
    Bananapaw picked up all her belongings and stormed off, looking like she was going to cry.
    I had never been so mad at Tigerpaw.

We couldn’t find Bananapaw anywhere, and when she did, she completely ignored us.
    I feel so bad, I’m such a terrible friend, I should have stuck up for her and helped her.

What should I do?

Look with your heart

• October 8, 2019 at 9:24 pm

I’ve never been in a food fight, but wow!
      Maybe you can talk to her and help clean her clothes and hair. Get you and your friends some new lunch and talk about it.
      Or not, talk about something else!💝

You are not a terrible friend! You did nothing wrong. You were shocked, you froze! I don’t know exactly what to say, but I’m sorry*huggles to you and Bananapaw*💗

• October 9, 2019 at 1:49 pm

Oof, that’s not fun Eaglepaw! Do you have a phone? Maybe you could text Bananapaw or call her and tell her that you feel bad for her.

Infinite huggles for you and Bananapaw!

• Spooky Fally
      October 9, 2019 at 2:26 pm

Aw I’m sorry Eagle. ❤️ I would definitely reach out to your friend – if you can find her talk to her in person, but if you can’t call/email/text her and let her know that you’re sorry. I hope everything works out! *hugs* ❤️❤️❤️

6.022 x 10^23

13. Pastelpaw🌸Pasty
    October 8, 2019 at 8:37 pm

I kinda had an awful day today….. I’m sure many of you have heard about my crush Sorrelpaw. Today during art Brookpaw (who’s really nice) was talking to someone about who Sorrelpaw liked it and guess what? She likes a boy. When I heard this it felt like me shell necklace was choking me. It took me a while to wrap my head around what was happening when it hit me I almost started sobbing. I know she’s bi so she likes girls and boys but it just hit me so hard. I imagined we would end up together. Sorrelpaw is the only person I ever truly loved. I don’t think I could have those feelings for anyone else. I just don’t know what to do. She’s so beautiful and amazing and I hope whoever she ends up with treats her well because she deserves the best.

Welcome to the losers club

• October 9, 2019 at 1:52 pm

Sorry, Pasty! Maybe you could talk to Sorrelpaw about the situation you’re in.

Infinite huggles for you!

• Spooky Fally
      October 9, 2019 at 2:27 pm

I’m sorry Pasty dear. ❤️ I don’t have any advice, but I really hope everything works out. *hugs* ❤️❤️❤️

6.022 x 10^23